Pumpkin Pie Mousse

Everyone knows that one of the best parts of the fall season is the pumpkin pie. If you don’t know this, then you must be living under a rock (my sister is living under a rock; she hates pumpkin pie).
Since I don’t count pie crust among my closest friends, I’ve come up with a slightly unconventional way to enjoy my pumpkin pie: Pumpkin Pie in a Bowl (a.k.a. Pumpkin Pie Mousse).

Little Pumpkin Pie Mousse
(serves two)

1 cup canned pumpkin (such as Libby’s)
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup milk of choice
4 ice cubes, optional
sweetener of choice, to taste

Whip it all up in the blender (I love you, Vitamix!) for a loooong time.

Other, non pumpkin-related news:

Anyone catch the debate last night? I know that the political analysts are saying Sarah Palin “won” due to the fact that she didn’t self-combust. But I thought Joe Biden was absolutely amazing! What an eloquent guy!

Before ending this post, I have to give a shout-out to a blog reader, Sarah, who has apparently been spreading my Banana Bread in a Bowl recipe around the blogworld. Thanks, Sarah, whoever you are!!! You’re too sweet. :)

1. Anonymous says:

Oh yummy fall goodness! This recipe sounds as sweet as you are!

For some reason OpenID won’t let me sign in as me!
    Shellyfish

2. Erin at caretoeat.net says:

I’ve been waiting for you to post this! :) Yummy!
    I enjoyed the debate. Joe Biden took Palin down. I love him.

3. VeganView says:

Biden was amazing last night! Obama 08′ baby!

4. jessy says:

this looks fantastic, CCV! thanks so much for sharing another one of your rock’n recipes! fall yumminess, indeed! yay!

5. River says:

Complete deliciousness in a bowl! It looks so creamy and “pumpkiny”!

I watched the debate and thought Biden seems like a very “human” guy.

6. Ruby Red Vegan says:

Yes, yes, yes! Pumpkin pie is the best part of fall! This mousse sounds yummy…darn on me for finishing off the last of my pumpkin this morning.

I started tuning in to the debate after the Dick Cheney reference (I read the transcript of that part though), but the fact that Sarah Palin was so composed was definitely impressive. She seems like a smart, smart lady. I just don’t think Joe Biden is as good of a speaker…but that doesn’t necessarily mean he wouldn’t be a good VP. I still haven’t made final decisions about my vote yet…

7. magpie says:

I sooo need to get a blender :)

8. Anonymous says:

Genius! Simple and easy to make… will make as soon as I get my hands on some pumpkin! mmm!

Evey
    -Vegan Nurse

9. TavoLini says:

got to agree with you on the debates–though Palin did surprise me.

I LOVE pumpkin pie. I was surrounded by haters, though–so I snuck it onto their plates without telling them what it is. Once they tasted it, they loved it too. Psychology is amazing, eh?

10. Megan says:

I can’t wait to try your Pumpkin Pie Mousse! I love the fall and anything pumpkin :) thanks for the recipe.

11. Vaala says:

Oh man, I must be living under a rock! I’ve never had pumpkin pie in my life although we did make a kumara (sweet potato) pie once which was mighty fine. But then again it isn’t fall here so perhaps I can be forgiven?!

12. Ricki says:

Another quick, easy and delicious CCV recipe! (And where would we be without our appliances?)

13. Sanja says:

It looks like the pumpkin smoothie I made a lot last year. I’m just cray about pumpkins. And addicted. So if you have any more pumpkin ideas… :-)

14. Bianca says:

I still can’t believe you don’t like crust! But that’s okay. The mousse sounds fantastic. Almost like pumpkin pudding!

15. Andrea says:

pie crust is not one of my closest friends either 😉 but pumpkin pie mousse sounds like it could be haha!! i need to try this! i loved kath’s pumpkin pie ‘crustless’ recipes so i will definitely give yours a try too!

16. Andrea says:

oooh and i totally agree with you about the debate… i thought palin did reasonably well (no major screw ups) but she did seem kinda nervous and rehearsed whereas biden seemed so real and knowledgable! i was hoping she’d make a mistake because i love the tina fey SNL skits on palin hehe

17. shelby says:

Must. Make. Immedietly.

18. aTxVegn says:

Mmmm, I love pumpkin food! Your mousse looks delicious!

19. Rach-ums says:

Yum-tastic! I love pumpkin.

Did you check out the SNL sketches with Tina Fey as Palin? So funny!

20. Cody says:

I find pastry crust borderline inedible.

This looks yummy!