Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Babies

Nursery Shenanigans

One fateful night, I laid my Cashew Cookie Truffles in their playpen next to the dark chocolate bars.

But something happened while I slept… come morning, the bouncing babies were gone! I didn’t have to look far to find them, though:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Babies

As children, how many of you ate way more than your fair share of the raw dough when making chocolate chip cookies?

And how many of your salmonella-fearing, health-conscious mommies—like mine—reprimanded you for this?  Well there’s no need to hide your sticky fingers any more! It is now possible to eat raw cookie dough without feeling the wrath of Mom. How?  By whipping up a batch (or two or three) of these guys:

Cookie Dough Babies

(a.k.a. Raw Cookie Dough Balls)

• Scant 2/3 cup pitted dates (80g) (I highly recommend Sunmaid dates, found in regular grocery stores near the raisins. They’re softer and easier to blend.)
  • handful of chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 cup cashews (30g) (or another nut, like almonds.)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • tiny pinch of salt (can be omitted)

Blend the dates, cashews, salt, and vanilla in a food processor. (You can use a blender, but they’re much harder to blend and they can get very sticky.) You can either blend the chocolate with the other ingredients or chop it separately, then mix the pieces into the dough. Make bars, balls, or shapes of whatever size you want.

View Nutritional Info

Click for a full list of flavors:

All Fudge Baby Flavors.

Get those fingers dirty; Momma won’t mind.  Heck, when she hears how healthy this dough is, she may even join you!  So perhaps you shouldn’t let her in on the secret…

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Your treats always look amazing!

2. Marina says:

Again,you’re killing me.I need to get some cashews and make this asap!!

3. I love those Lindt 90% chocolate bars, and I really need to make CD some babies soon…um, edible babies that is. 😉

4. sisrocks1996 says:

LOL Your turning into a cannibal eating your babies ! So yummy looking though. I need to conquer the fear and make my own dough babies. I’m on a cupcake kick though that can’t be matched.

5. Jessica says:

You know I already made these and gobbled them down! They’re my favorite variation so far (and my husband’s too!) I just bought some peanuts so I can try the PB chocolate babies 🙂

6. Kate says:

I just finally made myself the original fudge babies and the cashew cookie bars, but what could be better than the addition of CHOCOLATE? My food processor will be running out of power before I know it. Hahah.

7. Who doesn’t love cookie dough?

8. Yum! I think this is my favorite combo so far!

9. Chrysta says:

MMMmmm…looks delicious! I cant resist cookie dough!=)

10. kbwood says:

those look sooooo good! chocolate chip cooke dough is my fAV!

11. Jenny says:

oh honey, your babies are prettier than Angie and Brad’s 🙂

12. Diana says:

Those look so good. 🙂 Easy to make too. Perfect!

13. Melinda says:

Yummy, now this flavor sounds heavenly. I love cookie dough, yum, yum, yum!

14. i used to hate cashews ( i know I know.. caraaazy)
    but they have grown on me.

15. Swoon, just the words “cookie dough” do tend to make my eyes glaze over. Yum.

16. Megan says:

Now I want “cookie dough” for lunch! 🙂

I’ve made a Cinnamon Raisin version before using almond butter, and it’s my favorite around the holidays… maybe I’ll convert some family and friends this year with a variety of “babies” at the table!!

17. You and Averie are KILLING me with all these yummy treats! LOL

And you write in such a fun way. Love the pics, too.

So cool, Katie. You’re the bestest!!! 😀

18. Jessica @ How Sweet It Is says:

They look so good! I am craving chocolate now at 10am!

19. Angela K. says:

mmm those look delicious!

20. Shelby says:

If only I bought dates at the store! This is the first flavor I’m trying out. You know I love me some Lindt dark chocolate!