Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Peach Breakfast Bake

Someday, I am going to be a very good grandma.

By the time I’m old, I will have had lots of practice. I often sit down for dinner at 5, constantly nag people to eat more vegetables, and living in Florida sounds like a dream!

But every now and then, I like to stay out late. Unfortunately, my body doesn’t care if I’m up at 2am; it’ll still be wide-eyed and ready to go by 6 the next morning! For example, on Friday night I went out dancing and had two friends spend the night afterward. I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning, while they proceeded to sleep until noon.

That’s okay; I actually enjoy my time alone in the mornings. It’s peaceful when no one else is awake. Yesterday, when I got back from running and found my friends still asleep, I figured I’d surprise them with breakfast. Little did I know I’d be eating lunch by the time they got up…

Repinned over 10,000 times, the recipe is so healthy you can go ahead and have two bowls. For breakfast!  http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/26/peach-breakfast-bake/

What to make?

First, I looked through my archives of 100+ Healthy Oatmeal Recipes.

But–believe it or not–my friends aren’t the biggest oatmeal fans. So I decided to try something new on them. A few months ago, I’d pulled a recipe for apple crisp out of People magazine. It caught my eye due to its simplicity. I very loosely used this apple-crisp recipe as a guide for yesterday’s breakfast: peach breakfast bake. My friends loved it… when they finally woke up!

Peach Breakfast Bake

(Serves 3)

• 2 1/2 cups sliced peaches
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 3/4 cup shredded wheat, crushed (You can try rice chex or crispies or flake cereal for a gluten-free version.)
  • 1/8 tsp uncut stevia OR 1/4 cup sugar of choice
  • 2 tbsp melted buttery spread or oil (Low-Fat Version: applesauce can be used instead.)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (use only 1/8 tsp if using salted buttery spread)
  • 1 container yogurt of choice, such as SoDelicious or Wholesoy

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix the peaches, lemon, arrowroot, cinnamon, 1/2 the salt, and 1/2 the sweetener in a bowl. Let sit for ten minutes. Meanwhile, stir the crushed cereal, remaining sweetener, remaining salt, melted margarine or oil, and applesauce in a bowl until well-blended. Spread the peach mixture in a small baking pan (such as a 4×7), and top with the cereal mixture. Bake for 45 minutes. Mix each portion with some of the yogurt, just before serving. Or, you can opt to be like one of my friends who exclaimed, “This would be awesome with vanilla ice cream on top!”

Nutrition facts are listed below.

peachcrumble

Nutrition Information:

Each serving with the sugar and added fat:

• 210 calories
  • 3 grams of fat
  • 0 mg cholesterol
  • 8 grams fiber!

(Nutrition information also includes the yogurt, based on So Delicious dairy-free yogurt.)

CHOCOLATE-COVERED KATIE COOKBOOK – Sneak Preview:

pixie cookies

With just 50 calories each, the chocolate pixie cookies are a reader favorite!

More details about the new Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook

1. Serena says:

Mmmm :) This looks delicious. I love peach cobblers/ pies, so I’m sure I’d love this, too.
    PS. I bet this’d taste good combined with a boatmeal recipe. 😮

1. April says:

i agree, i bet it would be yummy with oatmeal

2. I am a grandma at heart too :) I am a early riser! but not as early as you!!

3. hippierunner says:

I’m sure it was lovely to wake up to that! I’m an early bird, so I have always disliked sleeping over friend’s houses because I’d be up hours before anyone lol.

4. Oh man, you can be MY grandma!!! I’d love you for my grandma — I would always have the best treats. :)

5. Hannah says:

I love peaches with cinnamon … I’d probably use a lot more, though, I tend to go overboard on cinnamon and then no-one wants to share – but that just means more for me.

I prefer being an early bird, but I have trouble getting to sleep sometimes and then I sleep in until 9 or something. I can’t seem to sleep in until lunchtime any more. It must be my age catching up with me. I remember sleeping in until 5.30pm once. Glad I don’t do that any more.

1. Sarah says:

Haha I am the same way! I look back at my teen years and wonder how I was able to sleep til noon. I just don’t have that ability anymore!

6. BroccoliHut says:

I’m primed to be a good granny someday too–not only do I insist that others eat their veggies (hey, it’s kind of my job) but I also happen to have a fondness for bran and a wicked tea pot collection:)
    I love cooking from magazines…well, at least being inspired by them. I rarely follow recipes to a T.

7. Lenna says:

I often go through magazines and cut out recipes that I plan to make later. But then I never make them :) And I have quite a huge collection :)
    I am definitely an early bird! I wake up at 4.30 every day, even at weekend! Sometimes I think it would be nice to get a little sleep, but my body just says “No” :)

8. Freya says:

Haha, I’d be an awesome gran too! I love cardigans, baking, and getting to bed at a good hour..or sitting down with the paper and a nice mugful of hot cocoa 😛
    I don’t tend to cook from magazines – probably cos I don’t buy any that a) have recipes, or b) have VEGAN recipes! That bake you made looks lovely though :)

1. Sarah says:

And knitting! Or maybe that’s just my grandma? She is SUCH a good knitter, making rugs and sweaters and all sorts of amazing things!

9. These look good! I rarely try recipes from magazines (why do when your recipes are waaayy better?) I’m totally not an early bird and need at least 8-9 hours of sleep or I’ll be sleepwalking the whole of the next day. Not good!

10. Abby says:

This looks so beautiful, especially the first photo. It looks like I could take it off the screen! I wish I could!

11. Leslie says:

Ahhaha your writing always cracks me up, Katie. You’re too funny :). I hope your friends know how lucky they are! And also, I need peaches now!

12. Jen says:

I’m definitely an early bird! And, just like you, no matter how late I’m up the night before, my body wakes me up early the next morning! I love being up early (even on weekends) because it makes me feel like I’m ahead of the game. I rely on my internal alarm clock–no loud beeping needed.

I don’t usually take exact recipes from magazines, but I definitely use them for ideas. Food mags are great for that! Sometimes just seeing certain ingredients being used in different ways is all I need to spark a new idea.

13. Gen says:

Yummy!!!
    I usually wake up before everyone else in the family….:P

14. Sarah says:

This looks so good! I actually have shredded wheat in my pantry right now. All I need is the peaches and I am SO making this!

15. Nikita says:

I am the same way with mornings! I am a little jealous of people who can sleep til noon after a long night. But then again, I do love alone time in the mornings.
    The cobbler looks delicious! I have used recipes from Vegetarian Times with a fairly good success rate, but then I tend to automatically adjust recipes as I feel necessary.

16. This looks amazing! I always have the problem of adding too much sugar to my breakfast… but this looks so good I think I’d try the sugar free version and love it just as much, if not more! Normally, I’m not much of a morning person, but lately I find myself waking up early, so maybe I’m becoming one!

17. Emma says:

I remember your VT cake batter doughnut failure!

This looks delicious :).

18. Carrie says:

LOVe the creativity you got!!!! i always see recipes in mags but never do anyting about them..im way way lazy. thats why i need YOU to live with me!!!! earlybird!

19. I am always cutting out recipes from magazines. I have them organized in a binder and I love looking through it for new things to try!

20. Erika K says:

I rip recipes out of magazines all the time! But I never make them because I’m way too busy making YOUR fabulous recipes. I tried the ranch the other day, and it really was just as good as you said! Next up? Peach cobbler for breakfast :).

21. Ally says:

This looks great, and I have everything in my pantry except for the shredded wheat. What could I sub for the shredded wheat? Flour? Oats? I want to make this tomorrow morning for breakfast, so help a girl out :)

1. Hmmm… you could definitely try it with oats. Or maybe even something like rice chex or a gluten-free flake cereal, crushed (like Mesa Sunrise) or crispies. I can’t say for sure how it would taste, but I bet it’d be good. If you try it gluten-free, will you let me know how it goes? :)

1. Meg! says:

I may try it w/ coconut flour! I’ll letcha know!

2. Ooh definitely let me know! I have a bag of coconut flour and haven’t found very many uses for it yet.

3. Ally says:

So, the verdict is: oats = yummy in this recipe! It is sort of like a not-too-sweet fruit crisp for breakfast! I mised it with peach soy yogurt and even the hubby liked it :)

4. Ally says:

*mixed

5. Aww score! I’m so glad it worked! :)

22. Amber K says:

I go back and forth. Like today I woke up at 6:30 am for no apparent reason, but then I’ve also been known to sleep until 9 or 10 as well, even though I always go to bed at the exact same time. I never stay up late enough anymore to sleep until noon, but nothing would surprise me!

I get inspired by recipes I find in magazines or online, but I have never in my life made a recipe as is. I always have to swap things out to suit my food intolerances and preferences.

23. Jane says:

YUM. That looks awesome!

24. Tricia says:

I’m an early riser definately! Friday night I fell asleep at 3 am and was wide awake at 7 hehe.
    That peach bake looks delish, btw :)

25. Vegyogini says:

I have those orange napkins, too (and in teal)! They look beautiful with your brunch dish!

26. Jess says:

this looks and sounds yummy; luckily, we just bought peaches yesterday, but i don’t think they’re ripe :(

27. Lisa says:

omg, STORY OF MY LIFE!! I can go out late with my friends (tho I much prefer to sleep earlier hahah) and then STILL wake up at 8 am the next day. regardless if I went to bed at 2am that morning. UGH! so annoying. and then my like 3 pm the next day im spent and need a nap. its a whole vicious cycle….but a fun one :)

i have tried recipes from magazines, but some came out pretty bad :( but others came out good! so its a gamble.
    your peach bake, however, looks very tasty :)

28. Julia says:

Definitely an early bird! Peach bake looks yum, gotta try it!

29. OH MY! You may have a blog about chocolate but you’re definitely good at those fruity recipes too 😉 I wish I could have been one of your friends. This looks like the perfect breakfast to enjoy after a long night out.

I’m definitely an early bird but when I don’t get enough sleep, even if I wake up early, I still don’t feel good. So I’m working on not being NOCTURNAL and an early bird. Because I tell ya, that just doesn’t work out well.

1. LOL maybe I should’ve added some chocolate chips… :)

30. Tara says:

I constantly cut recipes out, but I only use them occasionally. Usually I will use it the day I see it, or not use it at all! I’ve had success with cooking light. I actually prefer blogger recipes though! I feel like bloggers branch off from the “traditional” recipes which make them more exciting and versatile.
    I’m an early bird! Two nights ago I got 3 hours of sleep and spent the day traveling — lots of planes and driving, which is really tiring! I went to bed at 12 and got up at 8:30, which I would consider sleeping in!

31. M. says:

Yay! I have all the stuff! I’m making this today! Well, I need to buy more peaches, but that’s easy :).

32. “That’s okay; I actually enjoy my time alone in the mornings. It’s so peaceful when no one else is awake.” I LOVE how you wrote this, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Mornings are my favorite when everyone else is asleep and I can enjoy breakfast and my tea. Love that feeling :)

33. Oc Ziegler says:

This looks soo yummy :) I love peaches in the summer, they’re so perfectly juicy!
    My mom subscries to lots of cooking magazines, like Bon Appetite and Cooking Light, and I love taking recipes out of them and challenging myself to veganize them! It’s a lot of fun and my family loves it when I cook.

34. Ragnhild says:

This looks so delicious Katie! Lucky friends 😉
    I often find recipes I want to try out in magazines, but I rarly come round to it. I really should be better at it- so much good food that should be tryed out 😀

35. This looks amazing!!! I looove that it can be made sugar free bc I have NO sweet tooth just like you….fruit is PLENTY sweet for me on its own!

36. I MISSED YOU!!!! Ok, so I’ve been so busy and away from commenting/stalking your blog for just like two days but seriously I read usually about every hour (your recipes page is my life) and basically I’ve been having Katie withdrawals!!

I would be an awful granny. I would corrupt the kids and turn them into mini-mes 😉

And I’m an early bird!! I’m always too excited for breakfast to just lay in bed all day! Would would want to lie in when you can have a PIZZERT?! 😀

1. Honestly! I don’t understand how people can skip breakfast… or why they’d want to. I mean, to CHOOSE to give up the chance to eat pancakes or chocolate oatmeal or dessert pizza? 😉

37. Yay, I love peaches and I love bakes. Love this!
    I totally tear recipes out from mags alllll the time, but I hardly ever use them. Most of the time I forget about them and the other times I end up changing them up significantly and then failing haha.

38. I always tear recipes out of magazines, put them in a folder, and then never use them. What can I say, I always end up making recipes I see in Blog World instead! 😛
    These peach bake looks delicious! A peach cobbler you can eat for breakfast…what’s not to like? 😉

39. That looks great! Wish I had friends who had breakfast ready for me when I woke up! But .. I am just like you and am up at thecrack of dawn… so I suppose my friends would have to make me breakfast before they went to sleep!

40. Rachel says:

I used to cut out recipes but now I generally rely on blogs. I like seeing the recipe executed and the results! it’s like a recipe and a review all in one on a blog.

41. How lovely and easy. Thanks so much for your sugar free option too.

! need to take some notes from you on waking up early. I def fall more in line with your friends after I’ve been out til 2! Have you always been a morning person?

1. Not at ALL! When I was a teenager, I slept til noon pretty much every single weekend. Once, I even slept til 2pm :). I was the LEAST likely person to ever become an early bird… it’s so strange how things have changed!

42. That looks delish!

I’ve been in granny-mode all of my life, LOL. I love eating at diners, love being up early when no one else is, I know when it’s going to rain, I like the Weather Channel, I love black and white TV shows and movies, and I often wish I lived in the 1950s, lol.

We keep a weird schedule, so sometimes we’re up by 2:00am, other times we sleep until 4:00pm. Life of self-employed, work-at-home nerds. :)

43. Michaela says:

I wish I had a friend like you (so ok, I do have wonderful friends, in fact, the best friends, BUT they would never make me vegan breakfast treats :()!
    I am so not an early-bird! I am much more an owl 😀

44. Katherine says:

Ok, this gets one major nomnom!

45. Beth says:

I agree with you re: Vegetarian Times. Their recipes often leave out an ingredient or an instruction on how to use a particular ingredient. I have written to them about it and they always stand behind their recipes. I am no longer subscribing.
    I am an early bird — always awake at 4, but stay in bed till 4:45 or 5. Sleep is not my strong suit!

1. I made a horrible saag recipe from them once… and then I looked back and realized it didn’t even call for salt!
      But in their defense, all of the recipes turned out great after I doctored them lol. So I guess they give good bases for recipes, at least!

46. Meg! says:

Come be my Grandma? Ok, that sounded a BIT creepy. How about come be my bestfriend?

We can bake peach breakfast bakes together and blondies allll day then paint our toesies at night! Love you!

1. Oh but you already ARE my best friend ;). And when we someday meet in person (it MUST happen), I will remember to have yummy food on hand… even if I have to hide it from the airport security people!

47. Katie the first two images are probably the prettiest pics I have seen you post in a long time, maybe ever…they are just absolutely sooooo stunning! They are delicate, lovely, the composition is right on, they are just….brilliant. Perfect. Major job well done on your part!

And the recipe looks great… I LOVE cobblers and crumbles of all kinds. Seriously…THE BEST!

I do take inspiration from magazine recipes, yes, for sure. And from blogs, cookbooks, and whatever I can conjure up in my head, too.

1. Awww! Thank you so so much, Averie. Your photos are lookin’ awesome these days too… I keep seeing you on foodgawker. And I always smile when I do!

48. My friends are the same way! Whenever they stay over, I’m always up wayyyy before them..and being that my house is so small, I have to try to keep my blogging or what not really quite while they’re snoozing in the living room.

1. Haha you need my friends… they wouldn’t wake up to a tornado alarm!

49. Yes, you are going to be a fantastic grandma. Fantastic aunt, mother, great-grandmother for that matter!!!

And yes, peaches are amazing in season. Can’t wait to try this.

50. I LOVE to try out new recipes, and they can be from pretty much anywhere. I often cook out of Vegetarian Times and Saveur (veganized) since I have subscriptions to them. I also like Bon Appetit and Gourmet, but those take a little more time to veganize, so I don’t get around to them as much. :)

I’m also a morning person. I love getting up early and just feeling like I have a WHOLE day in front of me!! If I’m sleeping into 10, I’ve already started wasting it!

1. Lisa C says:

I love Saveur magazine! (And I’m also a vegan.) I definitely don’t feel limited to vegan magazines when it comes to picking out recipes. Some of my favorite recipes have come from getting creative and veganizing non-vegan recipes :).

51. Lisa C says:

This looks like the perfect summer breakfast, Katie. And I agree with Averie that the photos are stellar. But that’s nothing new for your blog ;).

52. This looks so good! I made a blackberry-peach crisp a few days ago and have been eating it for breakfast, so good! It’s great being in peach season! :)

53. Albizia says:

That’s exactly the breakfast I’d enjoy after a long and tiring night. And we’d probably eat it together because I’m the same as you – no matter when I go to bed, my inner alarm clock wakes me up at the same time. I love my early mornings :) .

54. Moni'sMeals says:

Well done! This works! :) I will add my own chocolate to it. :)

55. M. says:

This was delicious! Thanks, Katie :). It was the perfect dessert for a hot summer’s night.

56. Aimee says:

Oh I am SO a grandma! I’m in bed every night by nine, even on the weekends!

57. You will have some lucky grandkids! AWESOME!

58. Millions of peaches, peaches for me! :-)

1. Oh no! Now I’m going to have that song stuck in my head! But that’s ok, because I like the song. It’s on my ipod… I think it’s so funny!

59. That is one of the most beautiful photos you have taken to date – I just want to lick my screen. Almost. I hope we can pick a lot of peaches at the orchard this year! I do occasionally cook recipes from magazines but, like you, find that I alter them quite a bit. I like Cooking Light, but the frequently have too many ingredients in a recipe that would taste just as good with 6 ingredients instead of 16. As far as sleep goes, I used to sleep till noon. Then I had a baby. Five years later and my body has decided that sleeping in is no longer an option!

1. Oh my gosh, thank you! Your comment made me smile so much :).

60. This looks so delicious! I’m in love with peaches and I’m so excited they’re ifnally starting to be in season again!

I am an early bird!

61. I’m mostly a grandma at heart too, but I can easily stay up until 3am hanging out or going out with friends. I basically can survive off not much sleep apparently. But I savor the quiet morning hours so much!

62. Samantha says:

Oh I’m so very much a peach fan, and a displaced southerner. Going to make this this week for the boys and I. None of your recipes have ever disappointed, no doubt this one will be great as well!

63. This looks amazing! I cannot wait to make this!

64. Definitely an early bird!! I’m up and at the gym by 5. This breakfast bake looks incredible. Oh, and I have to force myself to WAIT til 5 for dinner!

65. OMG that looks super yummie..I so have to try that!!!

66. Justine says:

I don’t often make recipes from magazines, but I do make the ones I find on blogs, like this one: it looks incredible! Peaches are just starting to get good here, so I may wait a couple more weeks. But my fridge is always stocked with So Delicious coconut milk yogurt, and ice cream! :)

1. Gotta love that So Delicious :).

67. Deborah Dowd says:

I am a new grandma and this recipe will make me popular with both kids and parents- and I of course need to try it myself first!

1. Aww congrats on being a new grandma :)

68. Yet ANOTHER wonderful reason why I love summer! Peaches…. for breakfast? Count me in 😉

1. Agreed! I always miss peaches in the winter!

69. Kelsey says:

I think my parents have those exact same bowls!

70. Marianne says:

That almost looks like the apricot crisp my mom used to make all the time. We would serve it warm, and top it with a bit of milk. Totally saving this recipe idea to try out with some of the fruit we are finally seeing around here – our summer has been horrible, and all of our summer fruits are so delayed!

71. Sabrina says:

Hey Katie! I was reading your blog (which I fell in love with) lastnight and I had to write down this recipe! I love peaches like crazy! I made this recipe this morning and oh my gosh , words can’t explain how good it was. I didn’t share with anyone ;D all for myself haha! Well again , thanks for the recipe 😀 !

I was wondering if you could make a healthy recipe for Peach Ice Cream 😀

1. CCK says:

Awww I am SO excited you liked it!

I do have a peach ice cream that uses the vita-mix… but it’s more of a sorbet taste… I also have a vanilla ice cream you could add peaches to, to make peach ice cream. But do you have a vita-mix?

1. Anonymous says:

Wow that sounds so good !! I’ll check it out , but no I just have a standard blender. Is the vitamix neccesary ??

2. You can’t really make the ice cream texture without a vita-mix or an ice cream maker :(

3. Sabrina says:

:( Vita Mix is next on my wishlist!

72. Val says:

mmmm looks tasty! I just experimented a little with some pears too!

73. Vanessa says:

Living out in the boonies puts my boys on the bus at 7am….meaning I get up at 5:30 every morning. getting them to eat a healthy breakfast is my first priority..after coffee of course. I found this recipe and thought I would try it. I macerated the peaches overnight so I wouldn’t have to much to do in the morning. It was a big hit! I didn’t have shredded wheat on hand but I used an equal amount of rice crispy cereal and quick cook oats. it had a lovely chewy texture and was really nice with plain greek yogurt. Thank you!

74. zoe says:

i think i will divide this so its just a single serving for myself tomorow :)

75. Anonymous says:

It’s strange how some of us are wired to rise with the sun.If I stay up til the crack of dawn the same thing happens and i can almost never go back to sleep. I agree mornings are nice though. My favorite meal to eat or cook is breakfast,and this recipe sounds yummy.By the way thanks for the choc chip bean pie recipe,my whole family loved it

76. Steven Fuller says:

hey Choc Katie… would this work with oatmeal???

1. Don’t know… but it sounds like a fun experiment!

77. sally says:

Can you use canned or frozen peaches?

78. Karen says:

Made this for breakfast this morning. Mixed some peanut butter into plain Greek yogurt for the topping. It was so good it made my toes curl!

79. I’ve never tried a recipe from a gossip magazine haha!! But totally from health mags! I actually have some pages bookmarked to try…I better get on that!

80. Yum! That looks so good! I have so many recipes I want to make from the blog world, that I don’t normally save magazine recipes! haha

81. Emmy says:

1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup shredded wheat, crushed (I used Post wheat-n-bran. You can try rice chex or crispies or flake cereal for a gluten-free version.)—– I’m a little confused on this part. 1/2 cup what? plus 1/4 cup shredded wheat. Thanks:)

1. um lol why on earth did I not just say 3/4 cup? Sorry, mental block on my part! It’s 3/4 cup of the same thing!

82. Lori Barnes says:

I made this recipe on Sunday morning for myself. I LOVED it!! I took the other 2 servings to work for breakfast on Monday and Tuesday. I mixed it with some Yoplait honey vanilla greek yogurt, it was to die for :)

I just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! I found you on Pinterest and have become a daily reader :)

1. Aw Lori, thank you so much! I’m so happy you liked it :).

83. Lisa Corrales says:

This sounds great!! I have a question, this is the second recipe I have seen that calls for arrowroot, ( I kn ow you said we can use cornstarch), but out of curriosity where do you find arrowroot? I have looked for it everywhere. Also where do you find the non dairy yogurt, I have never even heard of it. Thanks,
    Lisa

1. I find it at a few different grocery stores near me, in the baking aisle. As for non-dairy yogurt, companies like So Delicious or Wholesoy make non-dairy yogurts and they are usually mixed in the same section as the dairy ones :).

84. Mallory says:

Do you happen to know how many WW Points Plus this would be per serving? Or even just the carbohydrate and protein values? This looks delish and I can’t wait to make it!

1. Sorry, I wrote this recipe before I started adding those, so I don’t know. :(
      But you can always plug in the ingredients to spark recipe calculator. It’s what I use, and it’s free!

85. Ruth says:

Also, for the gluten frees, you can try quinoa flakes (looks and tastes a lot like oatmeal). If you are gluten free and sugar free, try Nature’s Path Kamut Puffs or Millet Puffs.

86. Jamie says:

Had this for dessert tonight! Oh my goodness it was genius!! No sugar needed for me! I can’t wait to try it with other fruits… Thank you SO much!

87. k says:

i hate fake sugars…how much of a melted banana should i replace for the packet of it? (if that would work well)

1. sorry, I haven’t tried it.

88. Laura says:

This was delicious! Thank you!

89. Tory says:

My daughters and I had this over Greek yogurt for breakfast this morning. I made it with butter, gluten free Rice Krispies, and 2 T of brown sugar was the only sweetener I used. It was delish, thanks Katie!

90. Katie, I’ve loved every recipe I’ve tried from your site, but this one takes the cake in my opinion! It’s SO good. The first time I made it, I used nectarines and they were great as well.

The only problem is I could eat the whole pan by myself!

91. lucy g says:

just wondering how you got the calorie count for this recipe, because i added everything into my calorie count program and got 379 calories per serving…i would love to try this but the calorie count is too high for breakfast…thanks

1. Alanna says:

The calorie count will not include optional/alternative ingredients, so it was probably done using the 2 Tbsp brown sugar + stevia (not 1/4 C sugar) and 1 Tbsp margarine + 1 Tbsp applesauce rather than 2 Tbsp oil. It’ll also be heavily dependent on which cereal you choose. On a side note, 379 calories isn’t so bad for breakfast as long as lunch and dinner are reasonable, but you can always divide it into four servings rather than three if that helps! No rule saying you can’t eat less than the serving size… I often do this with the oatmeal recipes (use 1/4 cup rather than 1/2 cup). 😉

92. Dana says:

Hi! I was wondering if this recipe is still ok w/ yogurt..I don’t have any non-dairy yogurt.

93. Dana says:

^ Nevermind the above entry, i didn’t read the directions yet so I thought you bake it with the yogurt, when it is just a topper xD
    Anyways, I’m a HUGE fan of your website and I almost make a new recipe from it everyday (:

1. Aw thanks, Dana. And sorry for the confusion. In newer posts I’ve started to write “yogurt of choice” because I realize people like different brands and types :).

94. Rob Ferguson says:

Peaches!…for Breakfast! What could be better? Thank you for posting this!

95. carolyn says:

this is the first recipe i ever actually tried from your blog… i was not dissapointed. i think i’m gonna have to try one of your oatmeal ones for tomorrow… 😀
    and just fyi to anyone else who may be reading this comment: i would DEFINITELY not recommend splitting it into 4 servings instead of 3. you really don’t end up with much that way…

96. Alanna says:

I made a variation on this for my friend’s birthday because she’s a huge fan of cherry cobbler, and she loved this! These were the substitutions I used:

– instead of peaches, two cans of Royal Anne cherries, drained (they’re lighter in color and not tart like regular ones — so good!)
    – lime juice instead of lemon, only because I didn’t have any lemons
    – replaced the crushed cereal with rolled oats as suggested by another poster

I went with the 1 T Canola oil + 1 T unsweetened applesauce, and I think I ended up using 3 T brown sugar and maybe 1 tsp white sugar? I baked in a small aluminum bread pan for the time indicated and then broiled for a few minutes to help the oatmeal brown a little at the end. I think for myself this would have been two servings, lol. Must make this again!

1. Alanna says:

Update: I made this last night for my mom and I to have for breakfast this morning using nectarines and rolled oats again in place of the cereal. I knew the last one looked good, but I didn’t get to taste it because I’d given it to a friend. This is seriously delicious!! After eating it myself it’s definitely three servings and not two (more filling than it looks!), lol. So incredible, as breakfast or dessert!

97. Jen says:

I made this for breakfast yesterday for my Hubby and I. I made ours gluten free using Nature’s Path gluten free corn flakes. It turned out sooooo delicious!! My hubby and I both commented on how good it was and so easy to make. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe :)

98. Christine says:

When you say 1 container of yogurt, how many ounces is that?

1. Doesn’t really matter… just any of the single-serving ones they sell.

99. Amanda says:

Ok, so I know I’m commenting on another old entry (and writing another novel), but I feel I really should tell people when they do something great and, out of all the online recipe blogs, your the first one to create recipes I LOVE. This was amazing and I don’t like peaches! (You’re seriously making me take all the things I didn’t like -pancakes, oatmeal, peaches… and I’m even considering trying bananas again- and making me love them. Breakfast used to be my least favorite meal of the day and now its my favorite… though I actually made this for dinner. Since I LOVE LOVE your chocolate chip boatmeal/strawberry pancakes/ and I’m still try to make it to more. At one point in time, I actually used to eat chocolate bars first thing in the morning, but stop, becuase it “wasn’t healthy,” but ever since then, it felt like I spent the entire day counting down until after dinner when I it would be acceptable to eat chocolate. Now, thanks to you, I’m back to having chocolate for breakfast, but in a healthy way and it totally made all my sweet cravings for the rest of the day vanish)

I made it without any sugar/oil, but I replaced the cereal with vanilla almond granola (so if anyone asks if it works with granola, it does!) and ate it with some honey flavor greek yogurt and that was more than enough sweetness for me. It was like peach pie filling. Even my roommate smelled it and wanted some (I promised to make her some when she got back from her trip). It also tasted great reheated.

Honestly, I can not speak highly enough about your site. I promise to eventually try newer recipes/comment on them.

-Amanda (the ballerina that calls your strawberry pancakes, strawberry crape pancakes, since there is a couple of us running around).

100. Darlene Bowe says:

I don’t understand why we can’t print these recipes without having all the comments too. Other web sites do it.

1. Alanna says:

Katie has mentioned before that there is something wrong with the printer plugin. An easy alternative is to just copy and past the text of the recipe into Word, Notepad, etc. and print that. Then you can fit multiple recipes to a page if you like!

101. Anonymous says:

had this for breakfast this morning! i loved it so so so much. yummy!!! next time im definatley making myself a double batch! i replaced the peach with apple and i added extra cinnamon. mmmmmmm

102. elleana says:

do you measure the 3/4 cup of cereal before or after you crush it?

so like just measure 3/4 cup of cereal, and then crush it?
    or crush a bunch of cereal until it fills 3/4 cup?
    sorry if this is a confusing question!

1. I measured before crushing, but it really doesn’t matter :).

103. nikki says:

exactly what size container of yogurt? Thanks in advance

104. jolleen says:

fresh, froze, or canned peaches?

105. Sarah says:

Question: I’m having a hard time with the calorie count. I calculated the peaches and 3/4 shredded wheat alone and its 316 calories. Do you have a breakdown of the calories or can you shed some light on how you got 210? Thanks!

106. Anna says:

Just so you know margarine will kill you…other than that it looks yummy.

107. Kimberly says:

Do u know how many carbs this contains? Looks yummy, but would like to know the carbs in it.

108. Mackenzie says:

I absolutely have no talent at all for blogging but I LOVE to read them! Your blog is awesome!! and totally have me inspired to go out and get the ingredients for this peach crisp! Great job! :-)

109. Asia says:

I just made this for my breakfast for the week. (I work a lot and do all my cooking for the week on the weekends) This was just amazing!! I mixed margarine and coconut oil and doubled the whole recipe. I was incredibly tasty and just what I needed. Thanks for the great recipe!!

110. leah nakaahiki says:

So excited!
    This is sitting in my oven right now!~

111. JOANN says:

Looks wonderful – can’t wait to try it.

112. Maureen says:

This looks delicious, but the ingredient for 1 container of yogurt, do you mean 1 single serve yogurt, or a large container… how many oz? Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It is for one single serve container. Try a 6oz.

113. Lauren says:

This looks absolutely amazing! Wonder if this recipe would work just as well with apple slices? I have some apples and all the other ingredients in my kitchen, but no peaches.

114. Janine says:

Great recipe – saw it this morning and made it straight away for my breakfast – Yummo! I used Weetabix as that’s what was in cupboard and it worked great – lovely crunchy topping! I used a mixture of peaches and nectarines. Will def make again prob with less or no sugar.

115. Ingeborg says:

I’d love to be a grandma as a career or something!
    As for this recipe, I made it today for my mother and she loved it! Thanks you!
    (I left the sugar out, and added some blueberries, which have a very good result!)

116. Erin says:

this is sooo awesome it became one of my regular breakfasts. its like eating fruit cake!
    i usually do it without oil and some stevia instead of sugar.also i use spelt flakes to top it up with.
    thanks so much for this genius recipe :*

117. Joanie says:

I’ve made this many times and love it! Peaches are on right now so I’m excited to make it again soon.

I have a question. Will it keep ok if I cook it the night before and store it in the fridge until morning? I am a morning person, but choose to use that time to go running instead of sitting in the kitchen waiting for breakfast to cook. And my kids have to be to school pretty early so it would be nice to have this ready to just warm up for them. Do you think it will work? Or get mushy with brown peaches?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I’ve done it. Works fine!

118. I’m the same way; my body simply won’t let me sleep in! It’s funny, back in college I would regularly go to bed at 4 a.m. and wake up at noon, but nowadays I’m always in bed by 11 or 12 because I know otherwise I’ll be exhausted the next day. I do enjoy my mornings though! This looks like a delicious way to spend a lazy Sunday morning too.

119. Glenda says:

Just wondering the amount of yogurt for this Peach Breakfast Bake…8 oz.? I purchase my plain Greek yogurt by the quart, so it would help to indicate what size the container is.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Use a 6 oz container.

120. Arianna says:

Delicious! I made this for breakfast and my husband and I loved it! Trader Joe’s didn’t have peaches so I used mangos. Also, I used quick cooking steel cut oats and they were perfectly crunchy on top. I used real butter and had it with honey greek yogurt. Delish! Thanks for the great recipe!

121. Jessica says:

Is there a way to omit the sugar? My local healthfood chain doesn’t carry uncut stevia, and I only ever use the liquid drops.