Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Pumpkin Peanut Butter

Once upon a time, the dashing Mr. Skippy met beautiful Ms. Libbys.

Nine months later, they welcomed a baby into the world:

low fat pumpkin dip

If you want more info as to how exactly such a baby came to be, please go ask your parents.

Or you can read all about it in a seriously disturbing book.

About the Baby:

This baby came about after my pumpkin-spice latte post last week, when people left such super-awesome ideas on how to use up a can of pumpkin. I think at least three of you mentioned pumpkin pb as an option, so I had to play around with that idea first. Other recipes I’m working on: chocolate-pumpkin brownies and pumpkin-cream-cheese bars. If the recipes turn out well, I’ll post those in the near future.

You probably already have all the ingredients to try it right now!

pumpkin nut butter

Pumpkin Peanut Butter

• 1/3c pureed pumpkin (or canned)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp nut butter (pb, almond, or even coconut butter! Feel free to add extra, if you want a stronger nut-butter flavor.)
  • optional: sweetener to taste, such as 1/2 packet stevia or 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
  • pinch of salt

Mix all ingredients together, either with a spoon or in a food processor. If your peanut butter is hard, you might want to warm it up a little, pre-mixing. Good on toast, in oatmeal, or even eaten straight-up!

View Nutrition Information

pumpkin butter

pumpkin butter

What would be your dream nut butter flavor?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough? Pumpkin Pie? French Toast? Tell me anything you can dream up. It can be as simple or as crazy as you want. This weekend, I’ll pick one of your ideas and make a recipe for it.

Here’s my dream flavor: Chocolate Banana Butter.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Yum! This sounds like it would be great on crackers, muffins or toast!

2. Erin says:

Pumpkin is so great for fall! =D Autumn/winter are my favorite seasons! Hmm, how about a pecan pie butter?

Also, Katie, this is my first time commenting, and I love your site! I usually just lurk, but I HAD to make sure you saw the LivingSocial deal for today in case you haven’t already- $10 for $20 of stuff at Whole Foods!! I think you should totally make a post about it to get the word out! Finally something to make Whole Foods affordable! <3

3. Coconut Pumpkin butter? What a brilliant suggestion! Delicious ideas always abound with you, Katie! Thanks for the autumn tip 🙂

4. Cookies ‘n’ Cream or Cookie Dough!!!! I love how exquisite this pumpkin nut butter looks! 😀

5. Cookies ‘n’ Cream or Cookie Dough!!!! I love how exquisite this pumpkin nut butter looks!

6. Giulia says:

my dream nut butter whould probably be a peanut butter chocolate swirl, so you can taste both the peanut butter and the chocolate!

7. Kerryne says:

Mmmmm as always you never disappoint! I love Pumpkin butter, and would buy it from Trader Joe’s every fall in bulk to last throughout the year. My kids favorite sandwich? Peanut butter and Pumpkin butter… I just never thought of mixing the two like this 🙂

8. Something chocolate, maybe fudge brownie-ish!

9. Barb says:

Yum! Although I am a fan of my pumpkin butter recipe, the peanut butter addition sounds great! I will have to try it!

1. Barb says:

And my ideal nut butter flavor would be an apple pie nut butter for sure!

10. Elle says:

Yes, I have been mixing pumpkin into my pb for years now… it is lovely.

11. Stephanie says:

I’m loving all the pumpkin recipes! I’m beginning to stock up on a bunch of cans of libby’s, because I use it in everything during this time of year! I used to just spread a T of libby’s and a T of PB on my toast, but now I’ll start mixing the 2 together ahead of time.

12. Blame me,but after trying glazed pumpkin in China once,I never gave it a second chance… It was so… I can’t even find words,it was torture for my tastebuds!
    But maybe,I should just give it a try with one of your recipes… Because this one sounds kinda tasty 😉

My dream nut butter flavor already exists,I think,but I can’t buy it because I don’t live in the US 🙁 White Chocolate Dreams as well as Cinnamon-Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter sound like heaven in my ears!!

13. Jenny says:

Ashley’s chocolate chip cookie dough almond butter (from The Edible Perspective) IS my dream nut butter. 🙂 This looks great, too, though! Never would have thought of it, strangely enough. I love how there are spices mixed in! Cake batter cashew butter is deeelicious too. And, of course, dark chocolate peanut butter! Anything with chocolate is awesome. Chocolate sprinkles, too! Hmm, maybe a double chocolate nut butter… Chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough almond butter or something… I bet that would be heavenly, though it might put tasters in a chocolate coma. (Oh the horror. But no such thing as too much chocolate!)

14. Val says:

Looks delish! I’ve really been craving everything pumpkin lately so I will be trying this very soon.

Also I think my dream nut butter flavour would probably be a smores nut butter. mmmm I can only imagine how delish that would be. Or some sort of chocolate almond butter. mmmm

15. Ashley says:

I think either a chocolate,peanut butter and pumpkin would taste fabulous! Or a chai, or gingerbread one:)

I love pumpkin, and have several cans in my pantry of it. But I find myself in the same situation- using it all up! There’s so much of it. Luckily, it’s fall now, so I can use it for soups, this nut butter, lattes…

16. Katherine says:

You read my mind! This is totally one of the nut butters I’m planning on making when I go home in a couple of weeks and have access to a food processor again (sigh…college). I like to make all my flavored nut butters from scratch though, so I’d just whip up some cashew butter and add the pumpkin and spices into that. Blended cashews taste just like raw cookie dough…mmm…

As for my dream nut butter, that’s the other one I’m going to make: snickerdoodle butter! 😀

17. This looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to try it!

18. katie says:

Mmmmmmmmmm! LOVE! I am loving pumpkin SO much right now, I think everyone is ; )

I make a pumpkin spread with PB + protein Powder + Pumpkin, and I love it!

This looks so good! Love the jar ; )

19. I make pumpkin butter all fall long, how interesting to add peanut butter to the mix. Sounds delicious.

20. Tonya says:

This looks great! And a yes to chocolate pumpkin brownies and pumpkin cream cheese bars. I don’t know if I can wait for the recipes!