Thin Mint Brownies

thin mint brownies

I’ve always wondered…

What if I added cocoa powder to my peppermint toothpaste?

Mint-chocolate toothpaste?

Or black teeth?! 😕

Or maybe toothpaste so yummy it’d be difficult to not eat in mass quantities, straight from the tube. Perhaps it’s a very good thing my toothpaste is just plain peppermint and I keep the cocoa where it belongs: in the kitchen! Yesterday, I used it to make brownies:

mint brownies

I made this secretly-healthy recipe: Thin Mint Brownies.

Mmmmmm they were good!! Much better than chocolate toothpaste. Oh yes. For your convenience, here’s the recipe again:

Raw Thin Mint Brownies

• 1 cup walnuts (120g)
  • 1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates (230 grams) (I highly recommend Sunmaid, because they’re softer.)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • A few drops pure peppermint extract (depending on how minty you want them… Start with less; you can always add more.)
  • Optional: for even more chocolate flavor, add chocolate chips. Or add cacao nibs.
  • Optional: tiny dash of salt (I always add this and recommend it.)

Raw Brownies Recipe: Combine all ingredients, using a food processor. (No need to blend the dates first; I just blend everything all at once. But if you use a Magic Bullet, you might want to do it in batches. I’ve not tried this in a regular blender and therefore can’t vouch for it.)Form into brownies or balls or bars… or even cookie-cuttered shapes!

Edit: by popular demand, I’ve added Thin Mint Brownies Nutrition Information.

raw brownies

Also, I think my photography has improved a ton from last year’s photos.

After publishing that post, more than one person told me the brownies looked like… well, something not very appetizing. And I had to agree; the original photos didn’t do justice to how absolutely delicious these brownies taste! Even though it was a very overcast day yesterday, hopefully I managed to do a better job this time. Sure couldn’t have done worse!

Do you have a favorite toothpaste?

Weird question, I know. But I really do love my toothpaste. (No, not to eat. Don’t worry.) I use Jason’s Powersmile, and it is scary-powerful. Your mouth feels like it’s on fire… in a good way, if that makes sense. Cavities and bad breath would be terrified to stick around in the presence of this toothpaste.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Trooppetrie says:

I have never heard of this toothpaste, where did he get it

1. Look in the beauty section of a store like Whole Foods (or a health food store).

1. I wish we had a Whole Foods! I have to order a lot of my specialty food items online–but at least I can get them. :)

Otherwise, I’m a fan of the cinnamon burst toothpaste from Crest. I also have cinnamon floss and cinnamon mouthwash (when I do something, I make sure I go all out!).

1. Patrick says:

You may not have a whole foods, but you, might have a natural and organic section in your cub. Mine does, although rather small.

2. Jade C says:

Hahaha, I thought the same when I first saw these brownies the first time. I made them in December and they were a hit, though!! I did try to photograph them myself and got pretty much the same results haha!!
    Good post :)
    Jade C.

3. Trooppetrie says:

i had your peanut butter pudding the other morning for breakfast and WOW, what a amazing start to my morning. Do you ever post the calories to your regular foods. i love the idea of knowing what i am eating

1. That recipe actually does have the nutrition facts listed. :)

4. I like to change up my toothpaste all the time but I remember as a kid loving the bubble gum child safe toothpaste hehe

5. Samantha says:

Good morning!

The beauty of my desserts being just for me is that I don’t care what they look like…as long as they taste great. :)

I am just starting to play around more with your “raw” recipes!

I am a long time Tom’s of Maine user. Once they started offering the SLS-free line that is the one I use.

6. Haha maybe white chocolate toothpaste would be a better idea? But then again, white chocolate is just nowhere near as good as dark chocolate……

7. Mallory says:

I LOVE the on fire feeling!! I use Tom’s toothpaste… but I’m interested in this Jason guy… :)

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

LOL- Try him- he’s a keeper i tell ya :)

8. Ariel says:

Oh I’ve never had Thin Mints before probably because I’m not a big fan of mint. I just might have to make these though because they look absolutely delicious!!

9. Bjork says:

Haha you are silly :)

I’ve never thought about flavoring my toothpaste, what abound mint-almond or coconut-mint ?? Lol

I love crest toothpaste, I literally sometimes want to eat it :$

10. Aja says:

I remember as a kid I had to have the bubble gum flavored toothpaste but now if it’s not extremely minty and refreshing I don’t use it.

11. I’m a Tom’s fan all the way, so fresh and I love the smooth texture

12. yum!! these sound delicious! i love how chewy they look too. the chewy-ness of a brownie is usually what makes it for me. as for my favorite kind of toothpaste? colgate for sure!

13. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

Secret: I really like the little kid flavors. Like Dora blueberry. You can stop laughing at me now- Of course, you have to promise not to tell anyone. Otherwise, my social life is ruined. You promise, right? Good.
    p.s.- thanks for making it raw! Believe it or not I am slowly getting into a 75% raw lifestyle. This helps tremendously.

1. janet says:

me too! Have you tried Tom’s Silly Strawberry? mmm good!
      The brownies are next on me list to make! This girl is amazing how she can make healthy food out of anything!! This is my favorite site to pin!

14. Sonja says:

Those mint-chocolate brownies sound amazing! Have to try them soon! And your photo-skills have improved so so much!
    My favorite toothpaste tastes of rose and lemon and comes in solid form:http://www.lushusa.com/Chou-Chou…-I-Love-You/03607,en_US,pd.html?start=7&cgid=toothy-tabs

15. Tricia says:

I like my sensitive toothpaste because I have sensitive teeth :) Lets me eat ice cream and other deliciously cold goodies 😉

16. I’ve been obsessed with thin mint cookies I made the other day. First time using peppermint extract and it was awesome, I’m addicted now! I use toms toothpaste in peppermint and love it. I can’t stand the overly sweet taste of crest anymore.

17. I love Aquafresh. I’ve used it since I was a little kid and haven’t strayed since!

These brownies look great 😀

18. Amber K says:

These look so good! I clicked on your other post and you’re right, the pictures look a lot nicer her! Looks delicious.

19. Roxie says:

I’m a die-hard Crest ProHealth user – toothpaste, floss, & mouthwash. The other day it was 5 hours between brushing and lunch and I still had a minty fresh mouth.

20. sweet road says:

Wow, your photos really have transformed! I need to try one of these raw dried fruit based desserts!