Banana-Split Cheesecake Fudge Bites

Bite me.

mini cheesecakes

Don’t mind if I do.

The following cheesecake recipe came about  a few mornings ago, after I found myself with just half a banana that needed to be used up. (I hate wasting food.)

I used the other in a favorite recipe: PB Breakfast Pudding.

So I threw the remaining banana into my already-messy food processor, along with some other ingredients in danger of going to waste—leftover canned coconut milk and the raw cashew butter I really should remember to use more often. Food processor recipes are my favorites because, unlike baked goods, they are very difficult to mess up.

mini cheesecakes

Banana Split Cheesecake Bites

(Or Banana Cheesecake Fudge!)

Found here: My Raw Recipes.

• 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (lite or regular)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup mashed banana (measured after mashing)
  • 1 stevia packet or 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup raw cashew butter or coconut butter. (If you can’t find either, you can make raw cashew butter by soaking raw cashews for a few hours until soft, then draining and blending. Be sure to measure the 1/3 cup after blending. I haven’t tried this with roasted cashew butter so I can’t vouch for the taste if you sub it.)

Blend everything together, very well. (I used a Cuisinart food processor.) If desired, you can add shredded coconut. Pour into cupcake liners or a small container, or you can even make a mini springform pie. Or increase the recipe to make a traditional-sized pie! Freeze until hardened (a few hours). Store in the freezer or in your tummy.

See the following for: Calories and Nutritional Info.

I know people will ask about substitutions: I’ve listed a few substitution ideas if you click on the above “calories and nutritional info” link. Please feel free to experiment with your own substitutions, and be sure to report back so others can read about your results!

cheesecake bites

I wish I had more photos for you, but even getting these was a challenge. As I said in an earlier post, our weather on Tuesday was horrible! At least the flowers were happy Smile.

Question of the Day:

Do you have trouble using up leftovers?

After making a recipe, are you ever left with half a can of beans? Half a can of tomato paste? Half a can of pumpkin? I hate wasting food, but often a recipe will only call for half a can of something, which leaves me scrambling to figure out how to use up the other half before it goes bad in the fridge. Pumpkin is the worst… recipes hardly ever use a whole can of pumpkin!

Link of the Day: Eight Uses for Canned Pumpkin.

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. I want these for breakfast! Haha – they look fabulous, Katie!

2. Oh yummm! I’ve been looking for the perfect way to use up some of the coconut milk in the fridge- this is PERFECT!!! :)

3. I love cooking with recipes. It’s a great challenge. Makes me feel like I’m on Chopped or something! lol

4. casey says:

I am often faced with 1/2 cans of various items. Depending on what it is, I will often combine to make some sort of soup. Some of my best creations were made with 1/2 of this and a little of that! Course I didn’t record any measurements so couldn’t recreate if I wanted to! Another thing I will do is freeze leftovers. Stuff like beans or most fruit freeze well. Then I can use later and not let go to waste. I HATE that! Or, like you, I will create something based on the random food I need to eat up.

On a seperate note: made your chocolate bar pie recipe yesterday, delicious! Used 1TB maple syrup as sweetener. Perfect! Made my own crust using some Fiber One cereal mixed with graham crackers and butter. Roomate still has no idea there is tofu involved! But she loves it!

1. Samantha says:

Isn’t that a great recipe?! I enjoy that one too. :)

5. Samantha says:

Oh. My. Gosh. These look heavenly. Soaking cashews in on my list so I can make that darn truffle pie! And if I have a little extra…

I am really into your raw/cuisinart recipes myself! I have been making the pb cookie dough larabars
    with prunes instead of dates (because it is what I have) and coconut instead of peanuts which I also didn’t have around the first time I made them. Now I like the coconut too much.

What I love about your site is I feel a lot more empowered to throw things substitutions in based on what I have around and see what happens. It is also a plus that the quantities made are small enough that if you can’t salvage, throwing out won’t kill you.

Since you have dogs, I will say that when I open canned pumpkin some is mixed in with my dogs food while I can use what I need. I keep it in a tupperware and use as needed. It usually will last a few days a least.

Now I have a much bigger dog than yours and pumpkin can get things moving for some dogs. But you might want to try it. I do the same with canned sweet potato if I am using that rather than baked.

Lately I do all my beans from dry and then freeze 2 cup increments. If have leftovers they are thrown in salad or back in the freezer.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

1. Haha now it’s my turn to thank YOU for inspiration. I will definitely try the pumpkin on my dogs. They adore carrots… so I bet they’ll like pumpkin too! :)

1. Samantha says:

I am sure they will too. And by the way, one of my dogs would absolutely go crazy for bananas…

2. Samantha says:

Forgot to add full disclosure – pumpkin is often given to dogs to “get things moving.” My dog is a good 75 pounds and he eats somewhere around 1/2 – 1 cup of sweet potato or pumpkin mixed in his food daily with no problem. Great fiber in his diet and good for him.

My other dog unfortunately used to get super gassy on pumpkin.

If you curse me from Texas for puppy gas…I will hear it. :)

6. Stacey says:

I have a banana that needs to be used asap! This is perfect. Thanks!

7. The cupcake liner ridges on those make it look so adorable!!!

I have a magic bullet which can’t really process nuts into butter because I’d be sitting and pulsing for hours on end. Maybe a food processor should be added to the Christmas list. But I did buy a jar of coconut butter and this would be perfect!

And you added raspberries on top – love the color burst and raspberries are one of my favorite fruits!!!

8. 😮

:O

….

That is all 😉 I can’t wait to make these!! All I need is some coconut milk!

9. Ann Harris says:

Just wanted to leave you a message and tell you that your blog has changed my life!!!!
    Been fighting the weight battle as long as I can remember and every day you give me an idea on how to eat desert and still lose weight. Thank You!!!

1. Wow, thanks for such a sweet message, Ann. I am so glad my blog can help!

1. Autumn says:

i second that Katie!!!! I have always been a major sweet eater but after a 60 day juicing fast i find that a little sweet is enough…finally! :) Thanks for making such great “sweets” that don’t increase the weight…I tell everyone about your site! <3 and I make the black bean brownies regularly since they're so easy and delicious! :)

10. How pretty! They look amazing!

11. Elaina says:

I just want to say THANK YOU for being so specific with your recipes! You even had a recipe within a recipe on how to make cashew butter! :) So many times I see a great recipe but immediately have questions on substitutions, when to measure (before or after cooking/mashing), etc. You make it so easy and your recipes are great!

1. Haha I’ve had to learn because of all the substitution questions I get! 😉
      I’m thinking of creating an entirely-separate FAQ page just for my Cookie Dough Dip recipe, alone. It’s scary!

12. Mallory says:

I have 2 questions for you! 1- what type of coconut milk do you use? I used some kind I found at kroger for an ice cream recipe (cake batter, i think?) and wasn’t impressed :/ also would there be a difference in this recipe with a frozen banana? Thanks!

1. Did you use canned for the recipe? It definitely makes a difference!
      As for brands, I’m not brand loyal.

You can definitely use a frozen banana! Won’t matter :)

13. Barb says:

easy – when a recipe calls for half a can of something – i just double the recipe! :)

1. Rana says:

THAT’s a great solution!

14. Jen says:

These are mini-cupcakes, right?

1. Mini cheesecakes lol… although mini cupcakes would be fun too :).

15. Carrie says:

So cheesecake bites but no cheese right? Do they taste like cheesecake? I am now at 27 yrs allergic to dairy :/ … and cheesecake was my fav! Sooo excited to make these!

1. Hmmm… as a former cheesecake lover (before I became a vegan) I gotta say that I don’t think raw cheesecake tastes like real NYC-style cheesecake. I *do* have a recipe for cheesecake, though, that I haven’t posted yet. I’ll paste it here, just in case you ever want to try it… and if you do try it, I’d love to hear feedback (good or bad… seriously, negative is appreciated too). I’m working on trying to get a healthier version *just right*.

Vegan Cheesecake

1/4 package mori-nu firm (or lite firm) tofu, drained
      1 tsp pure vanilla extract
      1 nunaturals stevia packet, or 2 T sugar
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (or 1 T for a lemon-flavored cheesecake)
      8 oz (1 cup) nondairy cream cheese (such as Tofutti non-hydrogenated)
      3 tablespoons agave
      3/4 tablespoon arrowroot (or cornstarch)
      2 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond breeze)

Blend all ingredients very well, and pour into a prepared graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then DO NOT EAT YET! Put the cheesecake–uncovered–in the fridge for at least 8 hours before eating.

1. Carrie says:

awesome!!! thanks… my friend sent me a link to your site and I am in LOVE with your recipes :)

I am a chocoholic BIG time, LOVE experimenting with sweet treats, and am forced to eat healthier due to food allergies… can’t wait to try the cheesecake aaaaand every other recipe on your site 😀

2. ennaejay says:

I notice that “cheesecake”-type desserts are best when you add plenty of pure vanilla extract – and possibly a dash of lemon juice. A lot of the flavor isn’t in the dairy, it’s in the fat content (which is in the nuts and coconut milk in CCK’s recipe), and in the vanilla. If you eat grains, some graham cracker crust would help the flavor be more authentic. :)

1. Carrie says:

ahhh…. interesting about the fat… thanks for the tip about the vanilla!!! :)

16. Yum! I love little cheescake bites and what a clever idea using cashew butter. I love it and must give it a try.

17. Christine says:

I just pinned these on my pinterest and will be making them soon. I’m a new subscriber, but from what I’ve seen so far I would ask you to marry me in a New York (cheesecake) minute with these recipes. Yes I’m a straight, married woman but my hubby doesn’t make these kind of spectacular creations. haha.

18. Brandie says:

OMG, canned pumpkin NEVER goes to waste in my house! I make pumpkin ‘pie filling’ with it and just eat it cold. :) MMmmmmmmm! In fact I wish I had more of it but it’s kind of stupidly expensive. I bet Jr would love these lil ‘bites’…. it’s good to make lil portion desserts to keep handy for 3 yr olds!

19. Aja says:

That looks so good. You’re so creative, it’s crazy!

20. Jennae says:

Hey Katie (or anyone who’s made this already and froze it), what is the texture like, eaten while frozen? Is it pretty creamy, or would it break a tooth to bite into it?

…I made a raw frozen treat for myself recently that had 1 c. soaked/pureed cashews with 2 frozen bananas and 1 c. strawberries, but it was rock hard in the freezer and wouldn’t have cut nicely as a pie.

This looks like it might be softer, & can be eaten frozen…. maybe i’ll just have to try it!

1. Samantha says:

I haven’t frozen these. What I LOVED straight from the freezer was the chocolate chip blondies:

I kept them on the undercooked level, cut them into squares and ate them straight from the freezer. Never got rock hard and were incredible. Truly.

1. ennaejay says:

They sound delish! Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I’m eating primal (i.e. no legumes/peanuts), but I think I will make these for my boys!!!! Summer’s around the corner, frozen treats are a must-have around here!

1. Jennae: They’re never rock-hard… more like a fudge pop, I guess? I’m having a hard time trying to explain the texture when it’s frozen… it wouldn’t break a tooth, but you’d probably only be able to take off a tiny amount with a fork. I’d definitely recommend thawing a few minutes before eating :).

1. Oh, and they thaw very quickly!

2. Diane says:

Actually a cashew is a seed, not a nut or a legume so it would not be prohibited on a primal diet. Only peanuts would be considered a legume as far as what we consider “nuts” are concerned. Hope that helps. :)