Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Banana-Split Cheesecake Fudge Bites

Bite me.

mini cheesecakes

Don’t mind if I do.

The following cheesecake recipe came about  a few mornings ago, after I found myself with just half a banana that needed to be used up. (I hate wasting food.)

I used the other in a favorite recipe: PB Breakfast Pudding.

So I threw the remaining banana into my already-messy food processor, along with some other ingredients in danger of going to waste—leftover canned coconut milk and the raw cashew butter I really should remember to use more often. Food processor recipes are my favorites because, unlike baked goods, they are very difficult to mess up.

mini cheesecakes

Banana Split Cheesecake Bites

(Or Banana Cheesecake Fudge!)

Found here: My Raw Recipes.

• 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (lite or regular)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup mashed banana (measured after mashing)
  • 1 stevia packet or 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup raw cashew butter or coconut butter. (If you can’t find either, you can make raw cashew butter by soaking raw cashews for a few hours until soft, then draining and blending. Be sure to measure the 1/3 cup after blending. I haven’t tried this with roasted cashew butter so I can’t vouch for the taste if you sub it.)

Blend everything together, very well. (I used a Cuisinart food processor.) If desired, you can add shredded coconut. Pour into cupcake liners or a small container, or you can even make a mini springform pie. Or increase the recipe to make a traditional-sized pie! Freeze until hardened (a few hours). Store in the freezer or in your tummy.

See the following for: Calories and Nutritional Info.

I know people will ask about substitutions: I’ve listed a few substitution ideas if you click on the above “calories and nutritional info” link. Please feel free to experiment with your own substitutions, and be sure to report back so others can read about your results!

cheesecake bites

I wish I had more photos for you, but even getting these was a challenge. As I said in an earlier post, our weather on Tuesday was horrible! At least the flowers were happy Smile.

Question of the Day:

Do you have trouble using up leftovers?

After making a recipe, are you ever left with half a can of beans? Half a can of tomato paste? Half a can of pumpkin? I hate wasting food, but often a recipe will only call for half a can of something, which leaves me scrambling to figure out how to use up the other half before it goes bad in the fridge. Pumpkin is the worst… recipes hardly ever use a whole can of pumpkin!

Link of the Day: Eight Uses for Canned Pumpkin.

1. I want these for breakfast! Haha – they look fabulous, Katie!

2. Oh yummm! I’ve been looking for the perfect way to use up some of the coconut milk in the fridge- this is PERFECT!!! :)

3. I love cooking with recipes. It’s a great challenge. Makes me feel like I’m on Chopped or something! lol

4. casey says:

I am often faced with 1/2 cans of various items. Depending on what it is, I will often combine to make some sort of soup. Some of my best creations were made with 1/2 of this and a little of that! Course I didn’t record any measurements so couldn’t recreate if I wanted to! Another thing I will do is freeze leftovers. Stuff like beans or most fruit freeze well. Then I can use later and not let go to waste. I HATE that! Or, like you, I will create something based on the random food I need to eat up.

On a seperate note: made your chocolate bar pie recipe yesterday, delicious! Used 1TB maple syrup as sweetener. Perfect! Made my own crust using some Fiber One cereal mixed with graham crackers and butter. Roomate still has no idea there is tofu involved! But she loves it!

1. Samantha says:

Isn’t that a great recipe?! I enjoy that one too. :)

5. Samantha says:

Oh. My. Gosh. These look heavenly. Soaking cashews in on my list so I can make that darn truffle pie! And if I have a little extra…

I am really into your raw/cuisinart recipes myself! I have been making the pb cookie dough larabars
    with prunes instead of dates (because it is what I have) and coconut instead of peanuts which I also didn’t have around the first time I made them. Now I like the coconut too much.

What I love about your site is I feel a lot more empowered to throw things substitutions in based on what I have around and see what happens. It is also a plus that the quantities made are small enough that if you can’t salvage, throwing out won’t kill you.

Since you have dogs, I will say that when I open canned pumpkin some is mixed in with my dogs food while I can use what I need. I keep it in a tupperware and use as needed. It usually will last a few days a least.

Now I have a much bigger dog than yours and pumpkin can get things moving for some dogs. But you might want to try it. I do the same with canned sweet potato if I am using that rather than baked.

Lately I do all my beans from dry and then freeze 2 cup increments. If have leftovers they are thrown in salad or back in the freezer.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

1. Haha now it’s my turn to thank YOU for inspiration. I will definitely try the pumpkin on my dogs. They adore carrots… so I bet they’ll like pumpkin too! :)

1. Samantha says:

I am sure they will too. And by the way, one of my dogs would absolutely go crazy for bananas…

2. Samantha says:

Forgot to add full disclosure – pumpkin is often given to dogs to “get things moving.” My dog is a good 75 pounds and he eats somewhere around 1/2 – 1 cup of sweet potato or pumpkin mixed in his food daily with no problem. Great fiber in his diet and good for him.

My other dog unfortunately used to get super gassy on pumpkin.

If you curse me from Texas for puppy gas…I will hear it. :)

6. Stacey says:

I have a banana that needs to be used asap! This is perfect. Thanks!

7. The cupcake liner ridges on those make it look so adorable!!!

I have a magic bullet which can’t really process nuts into butter because I’d be sitting and pulsing for hours on end. Maybe a food processor should be added to the Christmas list. But I did buy a jar of coconut butter and this would be perfect!

And you added raspberries on top – love the color burst and raspberries are one of my favorite fruits!!!

8. 😮

:O

….

That is all 😉 I can’t wait to make these!! All I need is some coconut milk!

9. Ann Harris says:

Just wanted to leave you a message and tell you that your blog has changed my life!!!!
    Been fighting the weight battle as long as I can remember and every day you give me an idea on how to eat desert and still lose weight. Thank You!!!

1. Wow, thanks for such a sweet message, Ann. I am so glad my blog can help!

1. Autumn says:

i second that Katie!!!! I have always been a major sweet eater but after a 60 day juicing fast i find that a little sweet is enough…finally! :) Thanks for making such great “sweets” that don’t increase the weight…I tell everyone about your site! <3 and I make the black bean brownies regularly since they're so easy and delicious! :)

10. How pretty! They look amazing!

11. Elaina says:

I just want to say THANK YOU for being so specific with your recipes! You even had a recipe within a recipe on how to make cashew butter! :) So many times I see a great recipe but immediately have questions on substitutions, when to measure (before or after cooking/mashing), etc. You make it so easy and your recipes are great!

1. Haha I’ve had to learn because of all the substitution questions I get! 😉
      I’m thinking of creating an entirely-separate FAQ page just for my Cookie Dough Dip recipe, alone. It’s scary!

12. Mallory says:

I have 2 questions for you! 1- what type of coconut milk do you use? I used some kind I found at kroger for an ice cream recipe (cake batter, i think?) and wasn’t impressed :/ also would there be a difference in this recipe with a frozen banana? Thanks!

1. Did you use canned for the recipe? It definitely makes a difference!
      As for brands, I’m not brand loyal.

You can definitely use a frozen banana! Won’t matter :)

13. Barb says:

easy – when a recipe calls for half a can of something – i just double the recipe! :)

1. Rana says:

THAT’s a great solution!

14. Jen says:

These are mini-cupcakes, right?

1. Mini cheesecakes lol… although mini cupcakes would be fun too :).

15. Carrie says:

So cheesecake bites but no cheese right? Do they taste like cheesecake? I am now at 27 yrs allergic to dairy :/ … and cheesecake was my fav! Sooo excited to make these!

1. Hmmm… as a former cheesecake lover (before I became a vegan) I gotta say that I don’t think raw cheesecake tastes like real NYC-style cheesecake. I *do* have a recipe for cheesecake, though, that I haven’t posted yet. I’ll paste it here, just in case you ever want to try it… and if you do try it, I’d love to hear feedback (good or bad… seriously, negative is appreciated too). I’m working on trying to get a healthier version *just right*.

Vegan Cheesecake

1/4 package mori-nu firm (or lite firm) tofu, drained
      1 tsp pure vanilla extract
      1 nunaturals stevia packet, or 2 T sugar
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (or 1 T for a lemon-flavored cheesecake)
      8 oz (1 cup) nondairy cream cheese (such as Tofutti non-hydrogenated)
      3 tablespoons agave
      3/4 tablespoon arrowroot (or cornstarch)
      2 tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond breeze)

Blend all ingredients very well, and pour into a prepared graham cracker crust. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then DO NOT EAT YET! Put the cheesecake–uncovered–in the fridge for at least 8 hours before eating.

1. Carrie says:

awesome!!! thanks… my friend sent me a link to your site and I am in LOVE with your recipes :)

I am a chocoholic BIG time, LOVE experimenting with sweet treats, and am forced to eat healthier due to food allergies… can’t wait to try the cheesecake aaaaand every other recipe on your site 😀

2. ennaejay says:

I notice that “cheesecake”-type desserts are best when you add plenty of pure vanilla extract – and possibly a dash of lemon juice. A lot of the flavor isn’t in the dairy, it’s in the fat content (which is in the nuts and coconut milk in CCK’s recipe), and in the vanilla. If you eat grains, some graham cracker crust would help the flavor be more authentic. :)

1. Carrie says:

ahhh…. interesting about the fat… thanks for the tip about the vanilla!!! :)

16. Yum! I love little cheescake bites and what a clever idea using cashew butter. I love it and must give it a try.

17. Christine says:

I just pinned these on my pinterest and will be making them soon. I’m a new subscriber, but from what I’ve seen so far I would ask you to marry me in a New York (cheesecake) minute with these recipes. Yes I’m a straight, married woman but my hubby doesn’t make these kind of spectacular creations. haha.

18. Brandie says:

OMG, canned pumpkin NEVER goes to waste in my house! I make pumpkin ‘pie filling’ with it and just eat it cold. :) MMmmmmmmm! In fact I wish I had more of it but it’s kind of stupidly expensive. I bet Jr would love these lil ‘bites’…. it’s good to make lil portion desserts to keep handy for 3 yr olds!

19. Aja says:

That looks so good. You’re so creative, it’s crazy!

20. Jennae says:

Hey Katie (or anyone who’s made this already and froze it), what is the texture like, eaten while frozen? Is it pretty creamy, or would it break a tooth to bite into it?

…I made a raw frozen treat for myself recently that had 1 c. soaked/pureed cashews with 2 frozen bananas and 1 c. strawberries, but it was rock hard in the freezer and wouldn’t have cut nicely as a pie.

This looks like it might be softer, & can be eaten frozen…. maybe i’ll just have to try it!

1. Samantha says:

I haven’t frozen these. What I LOVED straight from the freezer was the chocolate chip blondies:

I kept them on the undercooked level, cut them into squares and ate them straight from the freezer. Never got rock hard and were incredible. Truly.

1. ennaejay says:

They sound delish! Thanks for the link! Unfortunately I’m eating primal (i.e. no legumes/peanuts), but I think I will make these for my boys!!!! Summer’s around the corner, frozen treats are a must-have around here!

2. Jennae: They’re never rock-hard… more like a fudge pop, I guess? I’m having a hard time trying to explain the texture when it’s frozen… it wouldn’t break a tooth, but you’d probably only be able to take off a tiny amount with a fork. I’d definitely recommend thawing a few minutes before eating :).

3. Oh, and they thaw very quickly!

4. Diane says:

Actually a cashew is a seed, not a nut or a legume so it would not be prohibited on a primal diet. Only peanuts would be considered a legume as far as what we consider “nuts” are concerned. Hope that helps. :)

21. Those look so cute and delicious! And a perfect treat for this amazing weather (at least here in Chicago!)

22. Yes, seeing that I only cook and eat for one its pretty hard to get through lots of fresh food fast enough. I always have half a can of coconut milk without a recipe to use it in and it typically goes bad which makes me sad! I’m planning on throwing it into a smoothie tomorrow though for a decadent breakfast.

23. casey says:

Help! Somehow I subscribed to this posting and have received over 30 emails. I tried to unsubscribe, but keep getting emails! I want them to stop! Every single comment is emailed to me! I prefer to read them on the blog! Help! Please!

1. When you click to leave a comment, the text box pops up. Underneath the “submit” button is a line that says “you are subscribed to this entry. Manage your subscriptions.” If you click on manage you can then have an email sent to you to suspend comment notification so…no more emails! =)

24. A.Cook says:

What a great idea! I constantly find myself with leftover stuff and despite my best efforts, it often does go bad :( My top offenders are refried beans, canned coconut milk, Thai curry paste, and tomato paste. And pumpkin, of course!

25. Kristy says:

These look so good!

I always have left over because I make normal recipe amounts, but there is only one of me. I have figured out for things like spaghetti sauce or liquid items if you pour it into a ice cube tray and freeze it, you can store in a zip-lock bag and have single servings ready at the press of the microwave button. I also freeze my breads and muffins in zip-lock bags. They keep for weeks/months if sealed properly.

1. I definitely do that with broth! Broth ice cubes… not good for drinking, but great for cooking lol :).

26. Oh Yum! I will be trying these!

27. Yummmmm. these sound like nirvana!

P.S. Absolutely gorgeous photos :)

28. I have actually never had a banana split! I know, I know. I gotta get on that! But I am pretty sure I know I would love one because I love bananas and I ice cream is delicious so they can only be even better together!

29. Allison says:

Pumpkin freezes! It really does. Portion it out though first, freeze it on a cookie sheet, then pop portions into a bag or container. (On a side note: We had a cat who went WILD for pumpkin! Even tried to eat a pumpkin we had out as a fall decoration. It started shrinking, then we noticed little teeth marks all over it. Too funny!)

Beans freeze great too. I have frozen milk many times before, so coconut milk would probably work too. The texture will change some, but should be okay for baked goods.

Any suggestions on BANANA substitutions? I HATE HATE HATE bananas! In baked goods I use sweet potatoes instead. Not sure what to use for this recipe though. They look so pretty and sound so good.

Thanks for all your hard work Katie.

1. Hi Allison,
      As stated in the post, I’ve gone more in-depth about substitution options under the “calories and nutritional info” link. Hope that’s helpful!

30. I absolutely LOVE all your amazing recipes and try many of them. Have you ever considered adding a ‘print’ button to your site? That would be very helpful. Thanks for sharing your awesome creations.

1. It’s on my to-do list! In fact, I tried to figure it out a few days ago, but my initial trials came up empty… I am not a tech-savvy person! 😕

31. This sounds freaking fantastic!

32. Yum! those look so decadent! Did you use your coconut whipped cream as the topping? I might have to make these for a dinner party this weekend!

1. It’s actually Soyatoo Extra Creamy.

33. Krista says:

My dad often gives me Cook’s Illustrated magazines. They have a great section with little cooking tips. One of my all-time favorites had to do with leftover tomato paste (but this could work with chipotle peppers, canned pumpkin, canned coconut milk or anything you can think of to do this with). The suggestion was to freeze teaspoon serving sizes of the tomato paste on a cookie sheet and then put them into a bag. You have your serving size all set up for fast use in cooking. You can also do this by putting more liquid things into ice cube trays, freezing them and transferring to a freezer bag later. I often don’t think to do this, but it is a good idea. Also, for tomato paste, there always those little tubes of Italian brands of tomato paste. They keep longer, kind of like toothpaste. They may be more expensive, but if you end up throwing out tomato paste all the time, they could end up being cheaper in the end.

34. These look fantastic! Definitely going to try them, thanks :-) Usually have no problem with leftovers, tbh. Scrambles, salads, and random baking experiments usually take care of them all!

35. very creative using cashew butter Katie! i haven’t tried cashew butter yet, but i may just have to soon. great recipe as always :)

36. This looks awesome. My less then par baking skills might have to bring me to make these bad boys. 😉 I don’t like to keep leftovers because I know personally that I won’t eat them.

37. Leftovers? What are those? I have 2 teenaged boys and I make such large volumes of food that I have to seriously enlarge your recipes! When people ask me for one of my recipes, I forget that it’s army-sized. When my daughter was newly married, she made one of my recipes and they ate it for DAAAAYYYYS. lol

38. Amber K says:

I am horrible at using leftovers, mostly because I like the way things taste when they are FRESH. And when they aren’t fresh, they take on this weird taste to me. I’m trying to get better about experimenting in the kitchen so that I can discover new ways to use things. I never throw out food since my husband will eat anything, but I need to get better about trying things out for myself!

39. Sarah the official CCK drooler-we pick Rick says:

Looks like I’m a bit late to the party :) Our fridge is full of half used things that never get used. And we wonder why people fall over when they open it :-) Perfect timing Katie, i have a half of a naner from my breakfast- well let’s say had. Seeing no use for it in sight, i threw it. YES MOTHER, I THEW OUT HALF OF A BANANA. Shoot me. lol- so imagine my regret when I see this gem of a recipe. I will now proceed to kick myself.
    not really. :)

40. Mandi says:

I LOVE finding new ways to use my almost-bad bananas. I feel like I eat them non-stop and I still always have some go bad. But if I don’t buy as many, I seem to run out!

41. Justine says:

I usually don’t have any trouble using up leftovers–in my family, I’m the queen of new recipe creations!

42. Annie says:

Oh YUM! I love all your dessert names and ideas. These look so yummy. And they are beautiful too!

43. Amy says:

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them :-). By the way I love the ‘new’ look of your site (I haven’t been to the actual site for a while, I always view your posts through my reader).

1. CCK says:

LOL thank you… it’s actually in maintenance mode right now! It *does* look simple and clean this way, though! Maybe I should keep it…

44. Candice says:

Thanks for the recipe! although they shouldn’t be called cheesecake bites if there is no cheese or cream cheese in them. I made it a little less healthy… added crushed oreos and butter for the bottom. I also used almond butter instead of cashew because I didn’t have it. I also added cinnamon.

Candice

1. cck says:

Raw cashew cheesecakes never have cheese!
      They’re made from what’s known as “nut cheeses” in the raw-food world.

I love your idea to add cinnamon!

2. Jade C says:

They probably TASTE like cheesecake, plus the cashew butter would act as the “nut-cheese” as CCK pointed out.
      Would love to try this out soon – especially if this kind of weather is to be staying!! :)
      Jade C.

3. Candice, how did it turn out using almond butter? Tasty? I don’t have cashew butter either, and was thinking of using almond….you know what they say: great minds think alike :)

45. T says:

Oooh these look so great! Banana and coconut are a no fail combo.

46. delena says:

your a star!

47. Rachel says:

omg! they are sooo adoreable! They remind me of the cheesecake factory because they look so delicious – but of course, these are healthier! Oh, and btw, you should stop over to my blog and enter my chobani giveaway!

48. RC says:

Yum! Banana makes anything better and these look amazing. I think a pumpkin pie version with ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon would be a great treat too! I must say, your recipes are always imaginative and make me want to get up to make them right away. In fact, many of these creations inspired my blog post today.

Thanks for the inspiration!

1. cck says:

Aww thank YOU . And thanks for all the mentions in your sweet blog… your pb oatmeal cake looks especially delicious!

49. Angela says:

I also just eat canned pumpkin. Put it in a microwave safe bowl, heat it up, put a pat of butter on it and it’s delicious! It’s comforting like mashed potatoes, only healthier I think.

50. katie says:

Oh they’re cute and look really tasty! Can you call them cheesecake though, because there’s no cream cheese? Oh well, I’d still eat them

51. Tash says:

I sometimes double a recipe to use up all ingredients :).

52. Sandy says:

i always make a pumpkin smoothie with leftover pumpkin.
    just blend the pumpkin with dates, cinnamon, walnuts & vanilla soymilk mmmmmmm

53. Lisa says:

I’ve never had a banana split!

54. Kat says:

If I have leftover pumpkin I just eat it. Pumpkin is delicious and I can eat it plain, or mix it into oatmeal, cookies, smoothies/milk shakes, mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin custard. pudding, etc. YUM. If I have leftover tomato paste I can add it to any recipe that calls for canned tomato or tomato sauce. Or I make little bagel or English muffin pizza’s.
    Beans are easy, Just rinse them and toss them on top of some mixed greens. Yummy salad with protein. Or toss them into some soup.

55. Emily says:

Mmm I’m not even that big of a banana lover and these still sound delicious! And I can’t believe I’ve never even tried cashew butter– this needs to change asap. You are so right about the half-used cans! I’m always looking for things to do with them so this sounds perfect!

56. Heather V says:

Depending on the recipe, I often double the recipe and freeze half of it. Thank you for another delicious recipe!

57. Megan says:

The pictures made me wish I could grab one through the screen and savor a bite! The recipes you post and your wonderful personality definitely brighten my day. I’m amazed at the things you come up with, you’re an inspiration to me and plenty of others. I’m definitely going to make the recipe :)

58. What beautiful pictures!!

59. Sonyanijntje says:

Hmm… Yesterday, when your blog decided to go ‘grouchy’, It also deleted about at least twenty comments placed here! (Yes, including mine.. ((Nooo, I’m trying so hard to write proper and readable English, since it’s not my native language. And still write everything I’d like to say.. :( . )) That’s why I noticed..)

1. Sonyanijntje says:

Right… So again, in short… I think leftovers are a challenge stimulating creativity! I don’t like to throw away good food. I save leftovers in the fridge (not too long of course), and create something new with it. Whether its rice, pasta, vegetables, sauce, etc, that doesn’t matter.
      And when I have leftovers from baking, I also use them. Mostly right away; When I shove the first thing in the oven (and it needed for examples just egg-whites), I start the second ‘baking-experiment’ (using the leftover egg-yolks).
      Only recently I had a lime and orange lying screaming to be used. So I turned them into something nice. But I didn’t need everything. So when my first baking-batch was in the oven. I squeezed the lime and orange completely (I used the zest and a little juice for my other recipe), and made a delicious-smelling cake out of it. I frosted it with orange/lemon (yes, lemon, not lime)-frosting. My sisters commented that the cake looked ‘professional’ with this frosting, or that it was just like a cake from a Manga or comic book!
      (The cake didn’t just smell nice, it also tasted nice! It was devoured pretty quickly. I did get a chance to take some pictures first though.)
      It’s always a surprise when things get out the oven, because I kind of make everything up; just throw some ingredients in the bowl, mix, shape if necessary, and bake. 😛
      Okay, maybe this comment is even longer(!) than the original…Sorry! 😉

1. Sorry about that! I definitely was annoyed it ate all the comments :(.
        But I definitely remember your comment and am grateful you took the time to re-post it.

Making up recipes is the best… you’re always in for a surprise :).

60. L says:

What do you/ did you do with the ones you took photos of…. Beautiful photos i must add! Since there is whipped “cream” on top I’m sure they don’t stay well, and hopefully you don’t throw them out right?

1. I try very hard to waste as little food as possible! There’s usually someone around who will eat everything. :)

61. Kathleen says:

Hi Katie!

These sound magnificent, but they are sadly not in the cards for me at the moment :( I’m not sure where to find coconut butter where I live (or if I could afford it when I do find it…) and cashew butter is out of the question until I can save up for a food processor/blender (soon!!)

But, before that’s going to happen, I have most of a can of lite coconut milk in the fridge and I don’t know what to do with it! I’ve just eaten a week of curries, so no more of that. Instead I’d love to do a dessert, especially one from your blog. Can you (or your readers!) point me towards more left-over coconut milk desserts? Thanks!

1. Frozen hot chocolate? Or volume ice cream? Or any of the oatmeal recipes!

62. Elizabeth says:

My mom usually freezes the leftover pumpkin. If you know how much a recipe calls for ahead of time, you could freeze it in portions!

63. Rusty says:

These look great! Have you ever tried doing them with vanilla bean paste?

64. Jeannine says:

Katie,
    Can you tell me if coconut oil is the same thing as coconut butter? If not, what’s the difference?

Thanks!

1. Look up Artisana.com and click on their faq page. They have a great aritcle about it! They’re not the same thing :).

65. Ashley says:

We had a guest for supper who has acid reflux disease and I made these using roasted cashew butter and they were superduperly amazing! Even the healthy-food hating brother devoured them! Thanks a heap!

66. Ryan says:

My favorite way to use leftover pumpkin is either in chili or milkshakes. :]

67. Paula's oVerhauled says:

I just made a double recipe an molded them in my egg keeper. I love these Cashew Banana Pops. That is what they remind me of! Yum

68. Marla says:

These are in the freezer as I type this. I threw soaked cashews into the Vitamix (first I tried blending a bit at a time to make the butter, but I gave up and decided to just guess on how many raw cashews = 1/3 cup of butter) and then all the rest of the ingredients (I used 1 1/2 small bananas – see “gave up and guessed how many…” but measured everything else). It blended into a beautiful liquid that tasted divine (I had to try it!) – I probably would’ve been just as happy slurping it as a milkshake as I will be eating it as individual bites! You rock, as always! And now I do have the rest of the can of lite coconut milk to use, but I have some ideas… :)

69. Elizabeth says:

Katie,
    I really wanna try this one, but I don’t have raw cashews. What about almond butter? Think it’d work?

1. I can’t ever say how something will turn out unless I’ve tried it… But it sounds like a fun experiment and I’d love to hear the results if you try it! :)

70. Bobbi says:

In the post you say you had half a banana. I always end up with half a gloriously over-ripe banana and I usually store it in a ziploc in the fridge. I was wondering if you had any good tried and true methods of storage?

1. Freeze it! Peel and freeze… lasts for months! :)

71. Kara says:

I can’t stop eating these stupid things!! The only thing I did differently was use peanut butter and I don’t regret it one bit. So. Good.

72. Rebecca says:

This looks yummy :) would it work with a natural peanut butter instead of cashew butter?

1. I think another commenter tried almond butter and liked the results!

73. Madeleine says:

I have a silly question about these… I really want to make these to give to a friend, but am concerned they will melt too quickly as they are intended to be stored in the freezer. Do you know how long these will last outside the freezer? Thanks!

1. Not long. Unfortunately, they need to be kept cold.

74. Gina says:

These look wonderful! and like a perfect way to use the cashew butter I bought a few months ago and only used once lol. I don’t understand why all these almond/cashew/walnut butters are so much more expensive than peanut butter and not nearly as tasty lol
    I recent saw a recipe for whipped coconut cream which I think would be perfect on these as well.

75. Marci says:

Just made these. Couldn’t decide between coconut butter and cashew butter so doubled the recipe and used both. The cashew butter was from roasted cashews btw. Wrote three letters atop the recipe page – OMG!
    Thanks again.

76. Amanda S. says:

Can I make this with roasted cashew butter or another nut butter?

1. Sorry, I haven’t tried so I don’t know. But edible experiments are always fun :).

77. Jessica says:

I just saw the title and knew that this recipe was going to be delicious. Thanks for this! New recipe for my protein shakes in the morning now :)

78. Kaitlan says:

Fyi: I tried to cut corners and sub pb for cashew butter – does not work! They came out gross & nothing like cheesecake :(

79. Merel says:

Already added the ingredients to my shopping list, will try making them tomorrow!!

80. A says:

Katie, how many of the “little ones” I would end up with if I make only as your recipe prescribe? Are they mini cupcake size?

81. I used peanut butter instead of cashew, and it was so yummy! I’m not usually into the pb-banana combo (I don’t even think peanut butter and banana sandwiches are all that great . . . you’re horrified, aren’t you? :D) but it worked well with this. I went to the freezer the next day to have some more only to find that my not-such-a-banana-fan little brother had finished them all up!

82. Amanda (amethystjean) says:

I think that 1/2 can of pumpkin you don’t know what to do with would be great in this recipe!

1. Natalia says:

Oh thats a great idea! Will have to try it next time

83. Lily says:

Hi Katie! I was wondering, can you sub the coconut milk with soy milk?

84. Natalia says:

Just whipped these up as a nice treat for tomorow. Cant have nuts so i subbed part coconut butter part tahini

1. Natalia says:

Loved these so much I just popped the pumpkin version in the freezer now :). If your blender can handle it dates are great in these in place of sugar 2 or 3 will do ya if you have a sweet tooth.

85. myriam says:

do you think it would do the same with almond butter?! :)

86. Wednesday says:

If anyone is still curious, I found almond butter to be a perfectly acceptable substitute for cashew butter; there’s a very, very slight undertone of almond whereas I imagine the raw cashew butter would be virtually undetectable, but it’s not unpleasant in the least.

87. Julia says:

this looks wonderful even though I don’t like bananas. I’m slowly trying to include them in my diet and this looks like my next meal! ♥

88. Fionna says:

Those pictures look yum!
    I always have some levftovers in my fridge, but I like to randomly grab some of them and just throw them into my breakfast/lunch/dinner. Banana is the worst: Ionly like it, when its a little brown and since I normally buy a bunch of them in one go, I end up whith five brown bananas. But I came to terms with it: Whenever I have leftover banana, I either make banana-peanut butter, or I cut it into slices and freeze it, freezers are SO convenient! ;D