Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

No-Bake Coconut Crack Bars

I’ve FINALLY made a Pinterest page!

I’d love you forever if you want to follow: Chocolate Covered Katie – Pinterest

Anyways, on to today’s post…

COCONUT CRACK BARS - 1 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 cup... Full recipe: @choccoveredkt

These no-bake bars are completely addictive – and you can make them in less than 10 minutes!

As if I needed yet another addictive no-bake recipe on the blog. Oh but one can never have enough no-bake recipes, right? Especially when there is coconut involved.

You know what else one can never have enough of?

Obviously I would say chocolate.

The eleven different types of chocolate bars in my kitchen pantry attest to that. My roommate would say makeup, as her collection could stock three separate branches of Sephora. My sister would probably say shoes. Although she might say nailpolish. She really does have a lot of nailpolish.

And one can never have enough coconut.

Except maybe my crazy boyfriend who just yesterday informed me that he doesn’t like coconut. I think I stared at him blankly for over five minutes, trying to comprehend that statement.

You know, I also once dated a guy who didn’t like chocolate… 😕

Fill in the Blank: One can never have enough ______________. Dishes? Scarves? Jars of peanut butter? I’m also going to throw jeans and bathing suits onto my list, because even with all the ones I already own, I always want to buy more. Oh, and puppies… I can’t go into Petsmart on adoption days for fear of taking home all the rescue puppies!

coconut bars

5 Minute Coconut Crack Bars

If you make these coconut bars and post a photo, feel free to tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on instagram so I can see and like your picture!

coconut bars

Coconut Crack Bars

Print This Recipe 5/5

• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (80g)
  • 1/4 cup agave or pure maple syrup (or 1/4 cup water and 2-3 nunaturals stevia packs)
  • 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (For all substitutions in this recipe, see nutrition link below)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • optional raw chocolate chips from the Chocolate-Covered Katie Cookbook
Yield: Makes 6-8 Bars

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. (Perhaps you can mix by hand if you don’t have a food processor, but I haven’t tried.) Squish into any small container (I used a 7×5) and fridge for an hour before trying to cut. (Or freeze for 15 minutes.) Can be stored in the fridge or freezer, for at least a few weeks.

View Coconut Crack Bars Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

5 Minute Carrot Cake {single serving}

Single Serving Carrot Cake – In A Mug

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. OMG my boyfriend can’t stand coconut either! Crazy and annoying because I LOVE it!!! I personally could never get enough sweets (all types). Candy, cake, cookies, ice cream… anything. Love them!

1. My husband doesn’t like coconut either, what’s up? Maybe it’s a male thing?

1. Nicole S. says:

Must be because my husband doesn’t like it either!

1. Annie says:

And neither does my dad! I think you’re right about it being a male thing. My older brother doesn’t like sweets, period. (Actually made my sister a b-day ‘cake’ when they were little: bowl of popcorn surrounded by scallions. Soooo strange….)

But my sister and both LOVE coconut – and dk chocolate, especially!

1. mel says:

I don’t know – my dad loves it. lol

2. Spence says:

Not a male thing. Coconut is my favour flavor. I use to get in trouble when I was young for “borrowing” the shredded coconut container and just going to town on it in my room.

2. Jeanna says:

Mine too!! Coconut must be a female thing. They don’t know what they are missing!!!

1. Erin says:

My hubby doesn’t like your coconut or chocolate. 😮

1. Erin says:

Not your just doesn’t like coconut or chocolate

2. Jessica says:

I must be an exception, cause I’m definitely female and I’m definitely not a fan of coconut.
          I can handle it very sparingly if it’s more garnish than main event. I made these bars for my mother though, she absolutely loves coconut. As far as males go: my dad doesn’t like it, but my brother does. So I’d say just like with anything else, everyone has different tastes!

1. Ali says:

Same here!

2. Ali says:

Thank you so much for this recipe!! My son is on a low-carb, high-fat diet for his condition and this is a staple for us. 🙂

I’m wondering if you can incorporate chia seeds into this? What do you think? I’m trying to make a cheaper version/lower-carb version of these:

They taste a whole lot like these crack bars except the chia seeds and they are a little chewier. Suggestions?

3. Heather Cansler says:

After reading this comment I just made these for the first time only with honey instead of maple syrup or agave, and I added a little over a tablespoonful of chia seeds. They are wonderful and definitely live up to the name “crack”.

3. SayWhatSarah says:

Neither does my hubby or my dad … lol! I loveeee coconut! 🙂

1. trajayjay says:

i’m a male, i adore both

2. April says:

My hubby doesn’t either, I LOVE it!!!

4. Lauren says:

Sorry girls… I also hate coconut! Not just a man thing!
        Still going to try making these. I kind of have to, since my fiancee pretty much just begged me! lol

5. Carly says:

Both my dad and my boyfriend love coconut!

2. Anonymous says:

do u have to melt the oil first?

3. tamber says:

Coconut Crack Bars So Cold from Freezer on Hot day Perfect Treat for COCONUT Fans!

4. Kat says:

So these are crazy addicting! Made them and devoured them. I melted dark chocolate and dipped one end of the bars into it and then let it solidify in the fridge. Overall, they are incredible. Was very impressed.

2. I’ve never been in love with coconut and the bf hates it but … just for you … I may have to give it another shot!

3. Debbie Crews says:

You are my new favorite food blog site. Thank you for sharing your yummy recipes.

4. Can’t wait to try these! Love coconut!

5. Katie A says:

Hi I love your blog!! I was just wondering if you had any books or cookbooks for someone who is new to the vegan lifestyle? Thanks so much!

1. When I first started out, “The Vegetarian Way,” by Virginia Messina, was very helpful. Any book that has chapters on all the nutrients/vitamins you need. 🙂

6. I am so glad you posted this. Nobody in my family loves coconut as much as I do, and most of my friends are sort of neutral to it. I don’t understand! I get jars of coconut cream (tropical traditions and nutiva are the best I’ve found) and eat it with a spoon! I guess coconut cream and coconut butter are the same thing… It’s just all the parts of the coconut (oil, meat, milk) blended together to make a peanut butter consistency. If you come across it you have to try it!

7. Emma says:

Growing up in Australia we had a treat like this called Coconut Ice which I loooooooved. It was very, very sweet and coconutty and totally addictive. It was however, made with sweetened condensed milk so I haven’t had it since going vegan. Most definitely going to make some of this tonight – I’ll see if it’s a good substitute. Oddly enough we used to call it coconut crack too. 🙂

1. Audrey @ Gluten-FreeVeganLove says:

@Emma — Reading through the comments, your condensed milk bit had me intrigued. I just made this recipe the other day and used vegan sweetened condensed milk, and it came out amazing! Thanks for the suggestion.

And thanks @Katie for the original recipe too! This stuff is addictive.

P.S. My husband hates coconut too. Go figure! 🙂

8. One can never have enough Almond Butter. Or Mango. Both is delicious! 😉
    Oh, and my boyfriend doesn’t like coconut either. But sometimes he eats it when I prepare something and he doesn’t even notice. Same with bananas. He does like chocolate though 😉

9. Erin says:

I can’t wait to make these! I’m all out of maple syrup though. Have you tried them sweetened with honey? I’m impatient and think that I’m going to have to try these with honey 🙂 Thanks again for another fantastic recipe!

1. I haven’t… it might be a little honey-flavored, but as long as you don’t serve it to any strict vegans (who don’t eat honey), I don’t see why it wouldn’t still work!

1. Michele says:

I just made these with honey – Yummy! And you weren’t kidding about calling them “crack!”

Coconut oil is good for you!

2. Arcadia says:

I just made these today, and I used honey and they came out wonderful! I also added a scoop of vanilla muscle milk light and some slivered almonds to make it into a protein/breakfast bar. They are AMAZING 🙂

1. Anonymous says:

Did you need to add extra liquid ingredients when you added the protein?

10. LOVE me some coconut! ….I want to take a huge bite out of that!

11. Rachel says:

loooove coconut! I need to try these out 😀

12. carolyn says:

You can never have enough eyeliner. I need to go buy more…
    But I have like 14 colors so far.
    Obsessive much? You don’t know the half of it.
    I will have to go try this… but I probably will need to use lowfat coconut for my parents to agree to making it.

13. Jessica says:

yum! love coconut. I think I would melt some chocolate and pour a layer onto the tops of these =)

1. Jennifer says:

Made these tonight, yum! I melted some dairy free chocolate chips and spread on top, tasted like a Mounds bar, super yummy!!!

2. Chocolista says:

I made them and covered the top with chocolate coconut butter. Like a mounds bar. So yummy!

14. Kavli says:

Hmmm… these sound delicious. Mounds is one of my favorite candy bars so I’m sure I’ll love this. Where can I find unsweetened shredded coconut and virgin coconut oil? The baking aisle in my grocery store has sweetened shredded coconut. Thanks!

1. Norma Flora says:

I found my coconut at Whole Foods, bulk section. Trader Joe’s Has reasonably priced organic virgin coconut oil. Can not wait to make these!!!

1. Kavli says:

Oh thanks! I’ll try whole foods. We don’t have a trader joes in Dallas. 🙁

1. We will soon… one is opening in Plano. 😉

1. Kavli says:

Oh really? I did not know – That’s awesome!!

2. jackie says:

I have a huge bag of Bob’s Red Mill I got at Big Lots w a 20% off coupon. Great deal and product if you have a Big Lots nearby.

1. Kavli says:

Oh wow that’s a deal! Thanks for letting me know!

15. Wow that sounds divine!!!! Yum yum!! I love coconut

16. This sounds great! Coconut is so yummy! I would really love to see a healthy version of those bars that are made out of cereal and corn syrup and topped with peanut butter and chocolate melted together! Do you know what I’m talking about? They are SOOOOOOOOOO good.

1. I will have to google it 🙂

2. Amy says:

Scotheroos? They’re kind of different than you’re describing, but maybe?

1. Ya I just googled Scotheroos…YES YES YES! So DELISH! I always made them with chocolate and peanut butter but my friend says she makes them with butterscotch chips too so that makes sense they’re called Scotheroos. YUMM!!!

1. Amy says:

I always put the peanut butter in with the rice krispies and corn syrup. Then chocolate and butterscotch on top. So good.

17. Shannon says:

You know, the Coconut Crack Bars would be REALLY good, and look really pretty, too — with a little chocolate drizzled over the top of them!! Might have to give that a try!! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful recipes!!

1. Jaime says:

That’s what I was thinking too…it’s like a homemade Mounds bar, but healthier!

18. Can’t get enough of: frozen blueberries in almond milk, sprinkled with truvia. I love the stuff. Let it sit for 5 minutes & the milk turns ice.

1. Jasmin says:

I thought I was the only one who did this? Hahaha it’s delicious!

2. Carrie says:

We call it blueberry cereal. Love it

19. Lea says:

I need to make these soon! They look so delicious!
    My boyfriend also doesn’t like chocolate, but that just means more for me!

20. connie says:

did i miss a post someplace, i just read your cookbook? your putting out a cookbook? wow when? im so excited, all your recipes in one spot, cant wait to get that, will buy several so i can give out to friends, this will be the best cookbook ever, when do you think it will be coming out? ohhhhh we are have such amazing recipes, i am so glad you are going to put them out in a book…

1. Jasmin says:

I know! I’m super excited too.. but I think all the recipes in the cookbook are going to be new ones… so nothing from this blog.. I wish we could get a cookbook with all the best recipes from here though… like the cookie pie!

1. Thank you both! 🙂
        It’s going to be a lot of new recipes, but also some of the old ones. I think the cookie pie will be in there!

Oh, and this was the post where I mentioned it: