Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake – luxuriously smooth, and surprisingly good for you!

Ultra smooth and rich and creamy cheesecake from @choccoveredkt that absolutely melts in your mouth! + NO cream cheese or heavy cream required! Recipe link:

Did you know it’s possible to make a delightfully rich and creamy cheesecake with absolutely no cream cheese whatsoever?

The resulting Greek yogurt cheesecake is nutritious and filling, with a deliciously creamy custard texture that makes it more like a cheese pie than a cheesecake. The Greek yogurt cheesecake filling can be prepared in minutes, and you can pour it into a store-bought crust or one that’s homemade, such as my Healthy Graham Cracker Crust.

low calorie cheesecake

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake - Ultra smooth and rich and creamy cheesecake that absolutely melts in your mouth! + NO cream cheese or heavy cream required. It's cheesecake that is actually GOOD for you! Recipe link:

P.S. What are your favorite ways to use Greek yogurt? I still have some of the dairy-free “yogurt” left from experimenting with different versions of this Greek yogurt cheesecake recipe, so I’d love any ideas you have for ways to use up the leftover vegan Greek yogurt. Maybe a cream sauce or salad dressing?

Or maybe another cheesecake!

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake – Ingredients: 2 cups yogurt, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tbsp lemon juice, pinch salt, 2/3 cup… Full recipe: @choccoveredkt

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt - I used dairy-free Homemade Greek Yogurt(360g)
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Mori-Nu silken firm tofu (For soy-free, see nutrition link below) (135g)
  • 1/4 tsp plus scant 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (7g)
  • 5 tbsp pure maple syrup or agave (70g)
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 2-3 tbsp granulated sugar of choice
  • 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot (11g)
Total Time: 1h
Yield: 1 cheesecake

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth. (I guess you can do this by hand if you don’t mind a less-smooth texture.) Pour into any prepared crust. (I have a crust recipe linked under the second photo in this post.) Bake 50 minutes, then remove from the oven. It’ll still look very gooey, but that’s okay. Allow to cool for an hour before moving the cake, uncovered, to the refrigerator to set for at least 8 hours, during which time it will magically firm up and become more flavorful. (I haven’t tried this pie with regular tofu, so replace the Mori-Nu with regular at your own risk.) For substitution notes and troubleshooting, see the following nutrition link:

*View Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Nutrition Facts*

Link Of The Day:

cinnamon roll baked oatmeal

Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal

Tags: , , , , ,

1. I’m not sure I;m ambitious enough to try making my own Greek yogurt but I am thinking it would be fun to try making my own almond milk someday.

My favorite way to eat Greek yogurt is to dump in half a pint of raspberries and a few drops of stevia. Simple, easy and a great breakfast option for my busy mornings!

1. Seriously, it is the easiest thing ever. I think it took 2 minutes :).

2. Jenny D says:

Making your own yogurt is ridiculously easy, it just takes time and it does most of the work itself. I make mine in the crock pot. I use a half gallon milk (any kind, I use organic) it cost $3.52 and a starter and then after its made I strain small batches for greek yogurt or make yogurt smoothies/popsicles for my kids and my daycare kids. Eating it just about everyday lasts about a week to a week and a half.

I highly recommend making your own!

1. Anonymous says:

When you say you use a starter what exactly do you use? And how long does it need to be in the crock pot for?

1. Jenny D says:

I use a container of yogurt as the starter, after that you can use a 1/2 cup of your homemade yogurt. Its a total of 13 hours, I do the last 8 hours overnight. Here is the link for the method! :

3. Anonymous says:

Try mixing in some cocoa powder! It’s HEAVENLY! Seriously chocolate greek yogurt with raspberries is THE best!

2. Bridget Schmidt says:

Katie,all your creations fit the bill for my sweet tooth and desire to eat healthier. Plus, they’re easy to make. I particularly like the recipe for PB Blondies-Mmmmm!

3. Yum, I love cheesecake!
    I’ve heard making your own greek yogurt is easy, but I’ve never tried.
    I love Oikos brand Kay Lime flavour.. delicious!

4. Rachel says:

I’m obsessed with greek yogurt lol it’s the only thing keeping me from being vegan :p I love plain with ginger and berries, so random but sooo delicious 😀

1. Ginger and berries! I would NEVER think to do that – sounds awesome! Do you use like grated ginger?

My fav combo is greek yogurt, berries, sliced almonds, any grape nuts type cereal, and honey or agave nectar!

1. Rachel says:

Yup! Grated ginger, it’s so good, I wanted to switch things up from the usual cinnamon, and ended up loving the ginger addition 😀

5. Teresa says:

Greek yogurt is so versatile. I use it almost every day. Most often I just add fruit and eat it. It makes a great dip for apple slices if you add a bit of cinnamon, vanilla, and honey (would probably be just as good with agave or maple syrup). And it makes a great veggie dip if you add a bit of salt, garlic, onion, and maybe another herb such as dill, chives, or parsley.

Greek yogurt also works well in many baked good recipes. It works well in most places that either sour cream or even buttermilk are usually used. I’ve tried it in several different pancake, muffin, and cake recipes with great results.

Oh, and speaking of sour cream, Greek yogurt tastes great on baked potatoes.

Hope you find some great uses for your leftovers. 🙂

6. Kc says:

This looks amazing AND I have a friend whom I I promised to bake a cheesecake for. Thanks!

7. Suzie says:

I love Greek Yogurt and can’t come by it here in Mexico, so I have definitely been making my own! Wonderful surprise that it can be so easy & can’t wait to try this cheesecake recipe out. I love making ice cream with it, or use it as replacements for baking etc, or of course simply tpped with fruit & granola.

8. Emilia says:

I feel like I say this every single time I look at your website, but OH MY GOSH, I cannot wait to make this! Normally, I’m not a huge fan of cheesecake, but this looks fantastic. I’ll definitely have to try it when I go home at Christmas, difficult to find these ingredients in Italy 😉

1. Michaela says:

I am the same 😀
      I always recommend Katie to my friends if they are looking for vegan recipes, and whenever they ask for the best one, I cannot decide!!

9. Marla says:

My current obsession is onion soup mix (I am planning to make my own next) in Greek yogurt with some baby carrots. SO GOOD. I just bought a giant tub of it and I think I may have to try this recipe next! <3

10. Holy cow! I’ve been trying to decide on a birthday treat to make my honey and he loves cheesecake and Greek Yogurt. How perfect is this!?

11. Jessica says:

Hi. I was wondering which crust the nutritional info includes, because I know the store crusts have about 100 calories alone, per serving. Thanks!

1. Sorry, I forgot to specify no crust. Edited!

1. laura says:

let me know if you make this and if it works because I was thinking the exact same thing!

12. Rebecca says:

Does this recipe work if you just use the yogurt as is? And maybe add a little more cornstarch?

13. Heather says:

These are my favorite photos you’ve posted too!

You could use your leftovers to make a caramel apple dip – or go savory and add it to a Mexican or Southwestern dish as sour cream stand-in.

14. Rena says:

I really need to make this!!!
    Have you tried it with the cashew butter? i might give that a try, hopefully soon!!!!
    by the way i recently tried your healthy crust recipe and omg what an awesome idea, it was amazing!

1. I haven’t… please report back if you try it first! 🙂

15. Looks yummy! I love it when sweet treats actually have good-for-you ingredients! Perhaps that is why I love our Kellogg’s FiberPlus bars so much – they taste great, but are also loaded with fiber and antioxidants.

1. louise says:

and loaded with sugar…….

16. Barefootcookingirl says:

Ok, I’ve gone to heaven. My husband and I were wanting cheesecake so badly this weekend and ended up having Key lime pie at our favorite restaurant instead. I can’t wait to try making this for him. He loves, loves cheesecake but not the calories. Thanks CCK for this. and for the Greek yohurt recipe. You’re a star! BCG

17. ammu says:

How coincidental!! You should check out for a non-vegan but NO CREAM CHEESE cheesecake.

Its not much of a choice in India since, cream cheese and fancy berries or even fancy jams are not available here is not available here!
    Basically uses light cream, jam/sugar syrup and hung yogurt (or curd as it is called in India, Hung to mean hang yogurt in a cheesecloth and strain the water from it.) and gelatin to set it on the regular biscuit and butter crust.

In India, marmalade, pineapple and mixed fruit are only common flavors of jam and others are imported and pricey. So here’s a picture of a yogurt cheese using India’s most popular Jam- Kissan Mixed fruit Jam. You should order it online and give it a try!

18. Those pictures are some of the best….that looks like REAL cheesecake (the kind my mom makes, which is custard-like). This is going on my must try list. I’ve never used tofu….looks like it’s time to experiment.

19. Andrea says:

This looks amazing Katie! Question- for the second item on the list of ingredients, is that 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp of tofu?

1. Yes… weird measurement, I know. But I usually work in grams, so it didn’t transfer cleanly to cup measurements.

1. Nele says:

Why don’t you mention the measurements in grams, I wonder? It would make things SO much easier for me.

1. The gram measurements actually are listed.

2. Andrea says:

Thanks Katie! I’m excited to try it.

I think there may be a typo- you wrote “1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cup Mori-Nu silken firm tofu” but I think you meant “1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Mori-Nu silken firm tofu”

20. Lucy says:

That looks so so yummy!

It looks to good to be healthy 🙂 i was wondering instead of greek yogurt could i use lactose-free yogurt?

1. Hi Lucy,

The Greek yogurt recipe I’ve listed actually IS lactose-free. Look for Wholesoy (or Silk or SoDelicious or any other of a number of non-dairy yogurts out there) and you don’t have to worry about the lactose at all! 🙂