Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce

Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce – ultra creamy, delicious, and perfect for dinner!

Creamy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese:

So, it is May.

Cue the flowers and butterflies.

The flip flops, the sunshine, the fresh berries, the popsicles.

Right? Right??

Or, at least I thought that’s what is supposed to happen in May. But maybe I’m getting it confused with December. All I know is the weather this past week was decidedly non-sunshine. Grey clouds, gusting winds, and temperatures in the 30s? Nary a flip flop in sight. Put down those popsicles… Time for some comfort food!

Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:

And macaroni and cheese is some serious comfort food.

Although I make this healthy cauliflower alfredo sauce recipe quite often, I don’t usually bother to measure any of the ingredients; it’s very forgiving in terms of measurements. (I also like to make a similar vegan alfredo sauce using homemade cashew cream in place of the cauliflower. But that requires soaking the cashews the night before, and I’m not always thinking so far in advance.) In any case, this creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce will take care of some real alfredo cravings – without all the saturated fat and cholesterol you’d get from eating traditional alfredo sauce made with heavy cream. And by adding just one extra ingredient, you can easily turn the cauliflower alfredo into cauliflower mac and cheese if you’d prefer.

Plus you’re getting a vegetable serving at the same time!

cauliflower alfredo  Cauliflower Mac and Cheese

P.S. If you couldn’t tell from my oh-so-fancy pictures, I was much too hungry to worry about setting up a fancy photoshoot! Five seconds after taking these pictures, the cauliflower alfredo magically disappeared!

Cauliflower Alfredo Recipe

Print This Recipe No ratings yet.

• 1 1/2 cups raw cauliflower (160g)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 2 tsp minced
  • 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (depending on your taste preference for salt - I like 1/2 tsp)
  • 2 tbsp butter spread of choice, such as Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light (or sub 2 tbsp olive oil and a little extra salt if needed) (30g)
  • 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
  • optional: 1/2 cup of either of the following: nutritional yeast or mozzarella-style shreds (such as Daiya)
  • You can also add a little Dijon mustard or lemon juice if desired. Or sometimes I add dried oregano or rosemary.
Yield: 2 Cups

Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce Recipe: Put all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a complete boil, then cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fall-apart tender. Pulverize with either an immersion or regular blender. Serve over cooked linguine, or elbow pasta (for cauliflower mac and cheese), or spaghetti squash, rice, steamed veggies, or whatever! Makes about 2 cups, and it gets much thicker as it sits.

*View Cauliflower Alfredo Nutrition Facts*

Cauliflower Mac and Cheese

Question of the Day: Do you have warm weather yet? Or did you get hit with the weird May cold front?

It was 97 degrees in Texas on Tuesday. By Friday, they were predicting snow for part of our state! No, not where I was… but it did dip into the 30s in Dallas. I keep bringing out my shorts and sandals this year, only to put them away again. This week is supposed to be warm… but really, who knows! Link of the Day:

pumpkin recipes
50 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

Hey, if it is going to be cold, we might as well bring out the pumpkin again.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Lisa says:

Oh yum! Alfredo was one of my guilty pleasures as a kid, but you know it’s not the healthiest. I haven’t had it in foreverrrr. I bet this would be amazing with a little cashew butter added too for some added creaminess (instead of the butter). Yep, we’ve been hit with super hot weather! I love it.

2. This strikes me as one of those “it’s just so crazy it may work” recipes! I’m a total alfredo fiend so I can’t wait to try this.

3. As a kid alfredo sauce scared me beyond all reason, but as a adult, I learned to love it. Soon it will be cauliflower picking time so going to hold this recipe nearby and give it a try!

4. Woaa! This is such a cool idea 😀 Such a sneaky way for my moms to add in some veggies to their kid’s meals too 😛

5. Jenni says:

Even LA is getting hit with some cold(er) weather. We’ve had a few warm days, but this morning it’s been raining on and off! Love this recipe. It’s the best when you can throw everything into one pot!

6. I love using cauliflower to make cream sauces! Why add unnecessary fat and calories when you can have a veggie instead, am I right?

1. trajayjay says:

because fat can make a meal satisfying, and richer. That being said, I don’t think that we should drop in a stick of butter, but I think that a little fat adds a little more flavor and richness to a dish, and it makes it more satiating. Veggies are good and all, but when they replace every indulgence in our diet, it’s a sad thing. I’m not trying to condemn this recipe, I’m just trying to answer your question “Why add unnecessary fat and calories.” It could also be to gain weight if you are underweight

1. I think you took my compliment as a genuine question. I’m NOT underweight, so I appreciate not adding fat to a recipe if I dont have to. I haven’t tried this version yet, but the versions I have tried have been plenty rich and I don’t really find fat satisfying (fatty foods definitely give me heartburn, nothing satisfying about that!). If you’re looking for fatty foods, I’m not sure Katie’s blog is the best place to find them.

2. trajayjay says:

I’m sorry, I’m really partial towards fat. I could eat about 2 cups of nuts a day, and I feel that they are the only foods that will satisfy me if I’m hungry.

3. Rachel says:

I’m sorry, but your comment sounds a tad ridiculous to me! “I’m sorry, I’m really partial towards fat” – do you realise you are on a site that offers amazing meals, tweaked so they may be a little healthier?! Thus making your comments completely out of place.
        I understand you like nuts, but nuts are good fats, another odd comment. And when a recipe seems high in fat, you are best looking into the ingredients as they may be amazing healthy foods that are bringing up the fat content.
        Clearly Kelly was asking a rhetorical question, and a good one at that, on such a site. 😉
        I am probably being a hypocrite here, but I’d suggest you don’t comment when you clearly have nothing useful to say.

4. Valerie says:

Trajayjay was simply explaining why some fat is necessary and welcome in many healthy dishes, so I can’t understand the nasty comment. Eating fat doesn’t make one fat. Carbs are the true devil. As a person with type 1 diabetes, I test my blood 10-12 times a day and can tell you that carbs affect blood sugar negatively, while fat doesn’t. For many of us, to eat a healthy diet requires very few carbs and a much higher ratio of fat.

5. Barbara Noon says:

Perhaps that is correct for Type I diabetes (I cannot say because I never studied it), but for Type II and any other person around, fat clogs arteries and puts weight on. There are 70 years of research which shows that countries who eat carbs such as rice, corn and grains as a main part of their diets have less heart disease, osteoporosis or diabetes. Dr. McDougall has articles showing that fat is a worse culprit than sugar in Type II diabetes.
        Children in our country have striations of fat around their aortas at 3 years of age. Any way to cut fat is good for health.

6. Barbara Noon says:

I put here some articles about Type 1 diabetes just to look at. I know Dr. McDougall often describes how medicines are increased due to how doctors handle illnesses. Again, such a serious condition as Diabetes 1 is something I don’t know much about, but I always like to show what different evidence is out there for people to check out and make decisions on their own.

7. Trajayjay says:

A lot of Katie’s recipes are high in fat. The fudge babies and the Samoa’s pie are two examples

8. wsand says:

I think that it is common to crave fats. And while I think this recipe looks delicious and is much healthier I think what was trying to be said before was just that even a small amount of fat can add richness that we crave. Enough to help us keep our on a “diet”. I think if you decide to eat healthy and you way restrict yourself too much you will eventually cave. If you find a way to combine healthy foods with just a small amount of fat, just enough to trick our bodies into being satisfied wih it then we can be much more successful in our healthy eating goals. Im not saying eat stick of butter a day. Just that if you compare regualr alfredo to a cauliflower alfredo with maybe just a tablespoon of butter will be satisfying while still cutting the calorie ajd fat count way down compared to alfredo with a roux and cream.

9. dolly says:

Can I just say to EVERYONE that there’s NO DEMON food group.
        The human body needs every single food group in order to be healthy healthy

The only problem is when people either consume a too high proportion of one particular food group thus neglecting the others.

Being overweight is caused by consuming too many calories.
        You could eat zero fat or zero carbs and eat all the finest proteins and vegetable and fruits and still be overweight if you are eating too many calories, regardless of their source.

Yes, you do need a smaller percentage of certain food groups, which is illustrated on such diagrams as the familiar picture of a plate which is pie chart for the different food groups but you should never cut any one group out UNLESS you have a medical condition such as diabetes etc which you need to control with a modified diet.

Also, being a normal weight (bmi) does NOT mean you are guaranteed to be healthy. you can eat appalling diet and not get overweight if you don’t eat over your calorie requirements.
        Also numerous studies and medical evidence is now able to show how fat can gather around your organs whilst remaining invisible to the eye. ‘Skinny’ people can be ‘fat inside’

Eat every thing in moderation and you will reduce cravings which are responsible for the common diet blues and frequently end up in someone binging on masses of food because their body is confused and craving what it has been denied. .

10. Leah says:

The olive oil and/or vegan butter is healthy fat in the recipe… I believe in eating healthy fats… I agree with trying to avoid unhealthy fats such as in a normal mac n cheese recipe. LOVE This recipe!!!

2. Rebekah says:

I’d like to know if it’s possible to make just as creamy without oil. I made an Alfredo sauce with tofu once but whatever else was in it wasn’t enough flavor.

7. Danielle says:

Katie, this looks great! I’m definitely going to make it soon. It’s funny you bring up the pumpkin recipes and feeling wintry. I’ve definitely been in an autumn state of mind. I even have a cinnamon and cranberry cake baking in my oven as I type this haha.
    – Danielle

8. Ohh I might try your vegan version, or maybe this one just on spaghetti squash!

9. Danielle says:

We must have gotten your good weather by mistake here in Canada! Its like we skipped Spring over here and went straight to summer!

1. Kayla says:

Right? Here in Northern BC it was over 25° C (around 80°F for those in the states) and wonderfully sunny the past three days. Today it isn’t quite as warm, but I’ll take it considering our last snowfall of the year where I am is May long weekend!

1. Danielle says:

Wow! That’s crazy for BC! Isn’t that pretty much as warm as it ever gets out that way?

2. Kayla says:

The warmest it gets where I’m from is around 30°. Last summer the warmest day was 32°, and that was in July! During the summer it’s usually about 25° though, just not in May!

10. This is perfect because I just got cauliflower at the store the other day. Great idea making this sauce! I also want to try mashed cauliflower. I hear it tastes like mashed potatoes! :)

11. Mmmm I love cauliflower in anything and am a big fan of these cauliflower substitution comfort food recipes – mashed cauliflowers, cauliflower pizza crust…so I’m more than willing to give this a try! I actually think it would make a great cold pasta salad sauce too for summertime BBQs :).

12. Michelle says:

This looks so yummy!

13. How creative! I would never have thought to try something like this. I just bought nutritional yeast a few days ago for the first time- I will have to try this recipe. :)

14. As if I didn’t eat enough cauliflower already, you’ve just given me another amazing way to incorporate it into my meals! I think this sauce would be great with quinoa or barley, too!

15. Cynthia says:

Just made the sauce for lunch – OMG delicious! Used some asparagus, zucchini, red onion and mushroom with some pasta…it was incredible. I didn’t have the mozzerella substitute so I did use a split of nutritional yeast and parm cheese. So creamy. Thanks for the recipe, it seriously rocks!

1. Thank you so much for trying it. I think you are the first person to actually make it :).

1. Susan says:

I just made it as a base for a tuna casserole for my daughter, who is gluten sensitive and lactose-intolerant. Just added some GF noodles, tuna and frozen peas. Delicious comfort food and a doable alternative to one of her favorites that she usually can’t enjoy. Perfect for a cold and rainy day!

16. Erica says:

Can this be made with frozen cauliflower?

1. I’ve never actually tried.

1. Bri says:

I made it with frozen cauliflower and broccoli and it was nice. There is lots of extra water in frozen caulis for some reason so keep that in mind.

2. TaraCardenas says:

I made this last night with frozen cauliflower and it turned out awesome! I just let it sit out to thaw first and made it like normal. I 3x the recipe and also added a cup of Parmesan after blending, it added a lot of flavor. This recipe is a keeper for sure!!

17. FoodFeud says:

This looks incredible! Cauliflower and its infinite possibilities.

18. Oh my goodness! Yum, yum, YUM!!! You’re always creating the BEST recipes ever, Katie! I bet my picky older (yes OLDER) sister would even like this! YAY!!! Thanks AGAIN Katie!!! 😀

19. Sadye says:

What, Texas got hit by the weird weather, too? I’m in Des Moines, Iowa, and two Sundays ago, I got sunburned and miserable during a half marathon, only to encounter inches of snowfall over Thursday-Friday. It’s nice now … crossing my fingers that we’ve turned the corner. Oh yeah, and the alfredo sauce looks delish and easy!

20. Love how there’s veggies in this one and it doesn’t take any overnight planning! I always change my mind the next day if I plan something the night before 😉

21. Wow! That’s interesting! I will definitely try it. You are right. This weather is crazy. Where is spring?? Have a fabulous day!

22. Aubrey says:

I’ve tried other vegan alfredo recipes, but I’m anxious to try this because it seems a little healthier!

23. Emily says:

Do you think this would work well with say, cheddar or colby jack cheese? Could I make my own mac and cheese using this sauce? It looks incredible! My picky husband hates veggies, but loves mac and cheese. This could be a sneaky way to get some cauliflower in him!

24. OMG.. this looks like the real thing… so good.. I think I wouldn’t be able to resist topping it off with about 1/2 cup of cheese for some additional flavor. Does it taste like the real thing?

25. Kitty Bea says:

This looks delicious… we buy a lot of cauliflower. What do you usually accompany this with besides pasta? or is it pretty much only for pasta? Normally I’m not a big pasta eater… have you ever had it with quinoa or add other veggies to the sauce or anything?

26. Mary Colleen says:

Oh my. I am definitely making this for dinner tonight! Thank you!

27. Anonymous says:

You are my savior. I’ve been looking around for such a long time for healthy Alfredo sauce! Thank you!

28. judy says:

using the cauliflower instead of cashews is great for those with nut allergies…and we do love our cauliflower! ty dear katie!

29. CCK fan! says:

Yum! I’m dairy free so I can’t have Alfredo sauce, but I miss it so much! I am definitely trying this. Ya know what…. I think I have all the ingredients in my kitchen right now. I know what I’m having for dinner! 😉
    Katie, I don’t know how you get all these good ideas for recipes! I have tried creating my own masterpieces, but not all of them turn out so well.
    I wonder why you haven’t gotten nice weather yet. I’m in Oregon, which you would think would be having cold weather, but we’ve been in the eighties all week!
    Sorry that this is long, I’m such a chatterbox. 😉

30. You are SUCH a genius, seriously Katie. I am so making this asap! I haven’t had alfredo in years!

31. J says:

Just tried it. Made it with nutritional yeast – I am not a UBS fan of fake cheese- and it was awesome. Not exactly like Alfredo of my youth (though with the soy/almond cheese it probably would be closer) but totally delicious. This recipe is Awesome!!! We will def use it again and frequently.

32. shayna says:

how do you think of this stuff? I LOVE IT. is this in your new cookbook?

1. The cookbook is just desserts 😉

33. Breanne says:

Looks incredible! Can’t wait to try :) We have record breaking high temps in the Pacific Northwest right now! Crazy to hear that Texas is so cold

34. Tina says:

Made this for dinner tonight and it is fantastic! I added nutritional yeast, next time I plan to leave it out and try it that way too. I have to say, I LOVED te texture, so creamy and decadent! This is one I will be using again. Thank you Katie!

35. Sarah says:

Okay at first I was skeptical…. because I had only used the immersion blender and it wasn’t smooth enough for me. Then I threw it in the vitamix and OMG so creamy and perfect.

I have been trying to use all of my cauliflower and this was a perfect recipe.

Two days ago I made the cauliflower chocolate cake and it is also delicious!

36. Debbie says:

Just made this and it is delicious! I have had a cauliflower left in my fridge for a while and kept wondering what new things to make with it. This recipe came at the perfect time.
    The weather is hard to keep up with. Thursday I was scraping snow off my car and now on Tuesday it is in the 70’s.

37. CP says:

Sounds great, thanks for this recipe. There’s another way to make the cashew cream recipe- you can boil the cashews slowly in water on the stove for about 10 min, with a little onion, carrot and potato of your choice. Whizz all in the blender or w/a stick blender, add some lemon juice, pepper, nutritional yeast if you choose and you’re ready to pour over noodles!

38. I feel ya on the weather! We’ve still been getting snow here in Juneau (pretty rare for May). This recipe is perfect for this crazy weather we have been having. I may have to find a little cauliflower and try it out. Thanks for sharing :)

39. Kim says:

This looks delicious! Looks super creamy, wouldn’t have guessed it was cauliflower. We are having a mix of nice weather and cold weather… we had snow on May 1 so as long as it doesn’t snow anymore, I’m not complaining!

40. Freddie says:

We’ve had temperatures in the 90s this past week … And I live in Canada, ha ha. I think we stole your good weather.
    That sauce looks great!

41. Looks INCREDIBLE! What a brilliant way to make mac ‘n cheese healthier, too. I sometimes find I crave the comfort the “old” recipe brings but I don’t actually like the heaviness anymore (never mind the cheese, haven’t craved that in over two years!). Thanks for sharing this recipe xoxo

42. Anonymous says:

So yum! Just made it for dinner :)

43. Anonymous says:

I made this last night with raw cow’s milk and grass-fed butter. I added the 1/2 c nutritional yeast. It tasted great and creamy – you can’t even taste the cauliflower or tell it’s in there! I ate it mixed with quinoa. My four year old didn’t like it that way but ate it with Ezekial bread and and raw honey! I will try it next time without the nutritional yeast for him! Thank you Katie!

44. Kiersten says:

I know what you mean about the wacky weather. I live in Kileen, TX and the weather keeps changing overnight like super drastically. I’m not ready for it to be super hot, but I am ready for the weather to be a little more steady at least.

45. Pamela says:

WOW! First, I love alfredo but gave it up years ago due to calories and fat. I am so going to try this! Thank you!! Second, living a bit north of you we got snow on May 1. A solid inch or more. I miss my open-toed shoes!

46. chocolate lover says:

Katie, do you know when the new cookbook is coming out? I know that you’re working on it, but do you have an idea of when it might come out?
    I do know one thing, though, when it does come out you’ll already have several orders for it…from ME! I’m going to hand it out to all my friends and obviously keep one for myself.

47. Yum! I love mac ‘n cheese, but haven’t had it in forever! I can’t wait to try this recipe!
    Our cold front happened in April and March. May hasn’t been so bad, actually. It’s been in the 60s and 70s. Even the 80s a couple times! 😀
    I hate to be one of those people who is always correcting others, but I just have one complaint with your post. Saturated fat isn’t bad for you. It’s what helps your brain function, gives you stronger muscles, and is great for your nervous system. Without saturated fat, our bodies wouldn’t function properly. Okay, I’m done ranting. 😉

1. Kristall says:

Agreed! Fat won’t make you fat!

That’s what excess calories do. Granted if your excess calories all come from fat, it would make you fat. But fats aren’t going to suddenly latch onto your hips and be like, I ain’t budgin’.

1. Anonymous says:

Lol. My point exactly. Everything in moderation is key. :)

48. Lisa says:

If you want to use cashews and don’t have any that have been soaked you can boil them in enough water to cover them for 8 minutes. I use this water as part of the liquid.

49. Am says:

Actually, I really liked the pictures. They were very convincing.
    So going to make this recipe! Thanks :)

50. Susan says:

This recipe sounds very nice, and definitely worth trying if I have a craving for Alfredo sauce.
    I’m sorry you have to put up with cold and dreary. We’ve been warm for quite a while now (at least a month), with only a very few cooler days. If you want lots of sunshine, far west Texas is a great place to be.

51. Laura says:

Yum this looks amazing! Katie did you use almond milk or soy milk in the recipe? I’m wondering which one would taste better in the sauce.

We’ve been hit with a heatwave here in Calgary, Canada, great for hiking and cycling, but means lots of avalanches are coming down the mountains! I bet you next week we will have snow again though :(

52. CK says:

Found chocolate covered Katie instagram… Are there going to be photos of recipes here?

53. Amy says:

Here in California, it was 95° on Saturday but chilly with thunderstorms two days later! (Thunder and lightning aren’t exactly typical weather patterns here…) I refuse to put away my flip flops though; I’m just pulling out a pair of jeans to stay optimistic!

Your alfredo sauce sounds like a great and healthy way to beat the cold weather blues. I may have to start making my own comfort food if these clouds don’t go away soon!

54. JaDe Rain says:

Hi from Texas, while I am in flip flops, a tank and short skirt, come June you won’t feel jealous. Sweating on the walk from your front door to the car isn’t amiable. 110 in the shade is quite normal in these parts :)

Thank you for your recipes. I have fun sneaking food in on unsuspecting victims. “Want some cookie dough?… You just ate beans and dates” cue me laughing like a mad scientist. Followed by, “Want some more?” and they always do.

I like your new look.

55. Shannon says:

I am making this right now for dinner, thanks for the great recipe Katie!

56. Kimberly says:

I made this tonight for my 3 daughters and my niece. My middle daughter loved it. She ended up eating hers and her older sisters and normally she doesn’t even eat her own serving of anything. My youngest also really enjoyed it. My niece, who is extremely picky and may have sensory issues, only ate a little bit. Personally, I liked it much, much better than real alfredo sauce.

57. Amy says:

Thank you for this! I’m on an elimination diet right now and struggling some days to find filling, satisfying meals. This needed very little adaptation, and is delicious!

58. Eve says:

So what is the one extra ingredient you add to make it mac-n-cheese?

1. Anonymous says:

My question, too! Made this tonight with the nutritional yeast and Dijon mustard. Amazing. We had it with spaghetti squash and some crumbled gimme lean. My boyfriend licked the plate clean. I do love your desserts (made the one-minute chocolate cake and Reese’s frosting last night), but your main dishes never disappoint. Cookbook number 2?

And seriously, what’s the extra ingredient for Mac n’ cheese?

2. Rachel says:

I’m thinking the macaroni? :)

59. Christina says:

I made this for dinner tonight. It was so easy and tasty! Thanks for another great recipe Katie!

60. Malinda says:

This was amazing and freakishly easy! It’s an amazing base for any type of cream sauce. My 6 year old LOVED it! Thank you!

61. BritChick says:

72 comments already….!? man, I thought I might be on the ball this time…!

I’m a relative Newbie to CCK — deLIGHTed to see a non-chocolate/savoury recipe today!
    DGMW, I love chocolate; but I also love balance. and I have to find ways my 12 y o will eat veggies when mostly she wants (refined) carbs… So, thank you Katie, I’ll lyk how it goes.!

62. Lisa B says:

haha, it’s funny how you’re talking about the cold weather. Here in Toronto, we’ve had to to get out the summer clothes/shoes. Everybody has been saying ‘did we miss spring’??
    Today’s temp is going up to about 74F….which is quite warm and not spring weather. But I for sure am not complaining!! And even though it’s not cold, this sauce looks amazing!

63. Erin says:

It was almost 80 and sunny yesterday in Iowa! Today the high is forecasted to be 79, albeit with thunderstorms. I will take in over 30’s and snow! This recipe looks fantastic, can’t wait to try it (we are in the midst of a kitchen renovation so I have no stove right now, but soon!)

64. Anonymous says:

It’s funny the weather’s been so cold in Texas, it’s been warm, sunny, and beautiful here in Chicago.

65. Adriane says:

This looks great! Thanks for the post Katie. I will definitely try this and hopefully it will be a hit with the kids as well! :)

66. Megan Lewis says:

Thank you so much for this recipe Katie! My daughter loves mac and cheese, Alfredo, and other cheesy dishes, but we are lactose intolerant here. We can have small amounts of dairy, but not a lot. This recipe was perfect; we added a small amount of mozzarella, Parmesan, and fresh basil and it was so deliciously perfect. :) You are a lifesaver!

Ps: This sauce freezes fantastically! It is perfect for those crazy mom days!

67. Thank you for the healthy and delicious macaroni and cheese makeover. We can’t wait to serve this cozy dish on a rainy day in! Would the recipe work if we substituted real butter and cheese?

68. Carrie says:

Just made this using a whole head of Cauliflower (so triple recipe). For milk substitute I used water/hemp seed( 2 TB hemp seed for 1 cup water) since I can’t have nuts. I used half earth balance and half olive oil as well as nutritional yeast and chopped onion. I also added a little dijon mustard, tumeric for added color, celery salt, twice as much raw garlic, and a pinch of xantham gum to thicken and blend fats with the liquid. I kept half the sauce chunky and the other half blended with avocado in blender for creamy sauce. Great recipe. Thanks Katie!

69. Josephine says:

I made this with the nutritional yeast and mustard and it was very yummy (for mac & cheese)! I might have added too much water, but I thickened it with a little tapioca starch.

70. Kristine says:

Just made this with the nutritional yeast. My whole family is eating it! Its a little strong so next time I’ll put in 1/3 cup of the yeast instead. Thanks Katie!

71. I just made this tonight with steamed vegetables and red quinoa and it was delicious! (So good that I ate far too much of it, in fact.) About a tablespoon or so of extra strong Dijon mustard was just the right addition.

Thanks Katie!

72. Anonymous says:

I made this today and even my non-vegan husband raved about it. This one is a keeper!

73. Carley says:

This is pretty delicious! I think it would make a GREAT stroganoff/casserole sauce!
    I tried using nutritional yeast in this for the first time in anything, but I think I’d try the cheese-style shreds next time…never would of thought of using cauliflower in a sauce!

74. Colleen Eames says:

I made this for dinner and added mushrooms to the sauce, delish! Thanks Katie!

75. Kelsey says:

This recipe blew my mind. I went vegan 6 months ago, and my daughter is allergic to something. Unable to pin-down her allergies, I am on a soy-free, gluten-free, vegan diet. And I LONG for cheesy alfredo sauce (well, and a good pedicure).

Sometimes it pains me that I can’t have anything like the cheesy goodness I used to enjoy. But this satisfied every craving. I can’t wait to make it again! For those that read the comments, I used rice milk, Daiya mozzarella, Earth Balance soy-free spread, oregano, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste over quinoa noodles.

Thank you Katie! I stumbled across this recipe, two days ago, on accident, and now I’ve got a whole weeks meal-plan just from your blog, because if you can do something I miss that much so amazingly, I have to try everything. <3

76. ruby costa says:

i bought the ingredients for this a couple days ago but have been so busy wedding planning/packing that i haven’t had time to make myself food. Tonight my mom made this for me and it was out-of-this-world-good. definitely one i’ll be busting out for my soon to be husband. :)

77. GoodRay says:

It is rainy and gray out, the boyfriend bought that tiny pasta you use in this very reciepe, and there is a cauliflower in my fridge. I might try this tonight!!

1. GoodRay says:

I just made this and the boyfriend looked at it puzzled..then he tried it.. And was amazed! It’s surprisingly satisfying!! I had one and a half bows and I’m very much full :)

78. Jess says:

This sauce is amazing I swear I will never buy sauces made with cream again. It didn’t feel like I was eating cauliflower (which I happen to not like) and was full of creaminess. I added a bit of rosemary , Parmesan cheese and some other random cheese I found in my fridge, still very yummy. I recommend adding rosemary. Definitely did NOT expect it to be so delicious wow. Some parts were a bit lumpy but I guess it’s because of my old blender. I plan to trick my friends at school on Monday and ask them to guess what’s the secret ingredient. Now I play this game with them (I call it ‘Guess the strange ingredient!’) since I make a lot of yummy treats using unusual ingredients and they have to guess. If mothers want their kids to eat more veggies this is really great, it’s got the approval of a girl teenager (me) so go for it! Thank you so much Katie, I’ve been enjoying cooking so much since I discovered your website!

79. Haha… oh I know these “I am way to hungry” photo shoots! =D

80. Michelle says:

I made this tonight with nutritional yeast and even threw in some fresh spinach with the pasta and sauce. Delicious! It doesn’t look the photos as far as ‘creaminess’ but I bet that’s with daiya. I used homemade tahini instead of vegan butter and it worked amazingly! Thanks for the great dinner :)

1. Palm says:

How do you add the spiach in? I tried it before as strips but the leaves all got tangled and not look appetizing.

1. Michelle says:

Hi Palm! I think it was whole baby spinach or quickly chopped baby spinach placed in our individual serving bowls and then topped with the spinach. I do that with so many things as a way to get extra greens (chili, soup, pasta, you name it). :)

81. Lili says:

Made this tonight. My bf and I ate so much of it, our tummies hurt! Delicious, Katie. Thanks!

82. Kassidy says:

I just tried this recipe, followed the recipe exactly, I used regular shredded mozzarella.
    For some reason it was super lumpy and the cheese went into a glob.
    I re-tried it and slowly added the cheese after the liquid was warm, to slowly melt it.
    Once I pureed it all it was still lumpy and the liquid wouldn’t blend in with the cheese and cauliflower.
    Maybe it was the cheese?

83. Katie says:

My one year old has been on a but of an eating strike…..I made this last night, and couldn’t get the noodles to him fast enough! I even had KALE mixed in, and he couldn’t get enough! Thanks Katie! I cannot WAIT to buy your cookbook!

1. Palm says:

How do you add the kale in, as little strips or what? How do you mix it in to avoid it bening all tangled?

1. Katie says:

I just tore the kale into really tiny pieces. If you have a lot I would pulse it in a food processor!

84. Carol says:

This sounds like such a wonderful option! Don’t shoot me 😉 but I’m wondering if this can start with frozen cauliflower just as easily?

85. Jessica says:

this is really good, that is all. much love for sharing the recipe!! I’m in pasta heaven.

86. Crystal Franklin says:

It is hot in Florida. Hot, Hot, Hot!

87. Claire says:

Oh wow this is fantastic! I made it last night and had it with pasta. Then I had the leftovers today with vegie crudites as a dip at lunch time. It was so tasty I had to stop myself eating it just by the spoonful to make it to either meal. Definitely going on the regular meals list.
    Thank you Katie!

88. Lucy San says:

I’m absolutely loving the savory recipes! Please give us more!

89. I love that you’re branching out from just dessert recipes! Every single recipe of yours that I have made has been absolutely DELICIOUS and I have received so many compliments 😉 Can’t wait to try this one!

90. FernLaPlante says:

I made this last night. Whole Foods has the nutritional yeast (very inexpensive – about 50cents per 1/2 cup). I put it with shells and cubed up some turkey “ham”. Soooooo good. Great job on the recipe.

91. Katie says:

This was delicious! I added 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric and 1/4 cup cashews instead of a full 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast. I put it over gluten free elbows and stirred in some sundried tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and mushrooms. It was awesome. Thank you Katie for the great recipe! 😀

92. Veronika says:

Oh my, I made this yesterday (with nutritional yeast), and it was HANDS DOWN the best mac & cheese I’ve ever had! The sauce was delicious without the nutritional yeast already, but I wanted the extra cheesy kick. So easy to make, yet so much better than any of the more elaborate recipes I’ve tried over the years. I will definitely be making this again. And again. And again…

93. Susan Langford says:

Made this tonight, then mixed it with baby spinach and cherry tomatoes, put some dayia and breadcrumbs on top, and baked it! Super yummy and thumbs up all around from my crowd–thanks Katie!

94. Jasmine says:

Just made a double batch of this!
    I replaced half of the olive oil with coconut butter, added a couple teaspoons of oregano, and it’s nothing short of magically delicious. P-:
    Magical. Delicious.
    About to throw it over some zucchini noodles for a spectacular, light dinner.

95. Bethany says:

Another winning recipe! I added some steamed broccoli, roasted red pepper and sauteed mushrooms and served over orzo pasta – family loved it!

96. Kimberly says:

Katie! Tried this tonight and it is insanely good! Thanks for being a genius.

97. amanda says:

Katie! I made this for dinner, but subbed tahini for the butter and it turned out fantastic! Thank you so much, it’s the first time I’ve had Alfredo as a vegan :) You come up with such wonderful, creative recipes

98. Faith says:

This recipe was so delicious! Thank you so much Katie! My sister is on a very restricted diet and this was something new to try over brown rice pasta, amazing!

99. Hanna says:

How many servings does this make?
    Also, my dad can’t stand cauliflower, so can you taste the cauliflower in this?

100. Layla says:

Oh my!! So I am not a huge fan of Alfredo, but THiS was amazing!!! This avid follower especially likes to heat up the sauce and drizzle it over cheese and chips 😀

101. sam says:

I just made this and it is delicious!! a new staple for sure.

102. Alix says:

YES this totally works!!! It is sooooo yummy!! Thanks for making this not a guilty pleasure anymore 😉

103. Anonymous says:

So you had success with regular soy milk? I only had vanilla on hand when I made this so I ended up using my husbands 1%, however I would like to make it

104. Renate says:

Just made this and it is delicious! I had it on pasta and on endives, both very yummy – even the cat loved it, she licked what was left of the sauce off my plate :-)
    I did think that 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast was a bit much so I made it with 1/4 and that was fine! I used non-fat milk and soy spread and added a 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard.

105. Anonymous says:

OMG, this was so delicious!!!!!

106. Ashley says:

This is so yummy! I made double batch and since I used frozen cauliflower, I reduced the milk by a quarter. My kids, 3 and 6, asked for seconds and thirds and my husband and I loved it too. Thanks for such a yummy, healthy recipe.

107. Sarah says:

We tried this last night, and used cheddar cheese, cows milk, and Dijon. We then used a food processor to puree it. We then waited for a few minutes for the pasta to finish cooking, but when we dished the sauce out, it was a disaster! It was not creamy AT ALL! It was like water, with chunks of cauliflower! No flavor whatsoever, despite the cheese, Dijon and garlic powder! What do you think might have gone wrong? Could it have been the food processor?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It sounds like you either have a bad food processor or didn’t process long enough. You need to process it until it’s completely smooth, not stop when there are still any big pieces.

108. Dara says:

I just made this…. oh my goodness.

109. Mags says:

I just made this, and it was awesome. I’m slowly trying to go vegan, and this was yet another successful attempt. I added a cup more of cauliflower, and used 3 cloves of garlic (in total). Since I used almond milk, I added a bit of lemon juice to cut down on the sweetness of the sauce :)

110. Alli says:

I just made this tonight and it was AMAZING! I tried vegan mac and cheese from a box when I first went dairy-free and it scared my off for a long time. I’m glad I tried this! Thanks so much for proving that dairy-free doesn’t mean gross!

111. Katie says:

My boyfriend and I made this tonight. It was very good. My boyfriend said that it was even better than alfredo from a jar. We used real mozzarella cheese, a little bit of sharp cheddar and normal milk. We didn’t add the cheese until after the sauce was done cooking to avoid the problem with clumping another person in the comments had. It turned out great!

112. Courtney says:

Awesome awesome awesome…you rock, Katie! Instead of milk, I used a packet of vegan alfredo mix I found at the local health store and mixed that in. Turned out perfect! Who would have thought it would be so delish with cauliflower as a base? Thanks so much! As an alfredo lover who doesn’t like to get fat, this has been a lifesaver, lol.

113. Linda says:

This was so delicious. I made it with coconut milk because I have many food sensitivities (grains, nuts, soy, yeast) & I was amazed that I could modify this & it was still extremely tasty :) This is the first vegan “cheese”/”dairy” type sauce that I have been able to make with my food restrictions & I just loved it!! I had the sauce with Konjac noodles & various veges & it is truly a creamy, dreamy sauce. Thankyou THANKYOU so much.

114. Laura says:

I tried this the other week and I was absolutely AMAZED!! It was insanely delicious, and I didn’t even add the Daiya cheese. It was so addictive and I didn’t feel so bad sneaking extra bites! I used raw garlic and unsweetened coconut milk and it was perfect. :) Thanks for the recipe!

115. Bear says:

My pasta can’t boil fast enough! I have the sauce sitting on my counter, all blended and lonely. I may just drink it on it’s own 😉 I used the last of my nooch, too, so it tastes divine.

Thank-you for sharing this lovely recipe.

116. Chris says:

I made this tonight and it is just delicious. Thanks, Katie!

117. SR says:

Add a little pepper and fake “meat” and this sauce makes a great sub for biscuits and gravy. Makes a good soup too!

118. Annie says:

Oh. my. god! My sister came across it a few days ago while looking for a recipe for “healthy” alfredo sauce, and pestered my mom into finally picking up a cauliflower. Boy, was it worth the wait! This has got to be one of the yummiest sauces I have ever had! Being a high school kid who is aiming to eat “cleaner”, it sure hit the spot! Went great with pasta, as recommended, but I also threw some (the little leftovers that we had!) over roasted eggplant. Yummy yummy!
    Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe!
    ~a very happy high schooler :)

119. Val says:

Yeah, just made this and it tastes DELICIOUS!

120. Macy says:

Delicious! The family enjoyed it! I followed the measurements, but mine came out to only 1 cup of sauce.

1. Macy says:

Correction– I had frozen cauliflower so I listened to another commenter and reduced milk to 3/4 cup.

121. Ashley says:

Hi there,
    I’ve been looking at some of the awesome recipes you’ve created and finally got around to making this one last night. I made it for my parents and they loved it! I did add some cheddar daiya cheese and a little more on top with some panko bread crumbs and then put it in the oven but they were amazed with it. If I was just making it for myself, I would have skipped the daiya and hit up the nutritional yeast, but I’ll wait until I’m in a cozy mood before I make that move again (: Thanks for sharing, it was deelish and I look forward to making some more of your recipes in the future!

122. Sylvia says:

1/2 cup Navy beans (cooked) and 1/2 c cashews make the sauce very nice and creamy or use 1 cup cauliflower and 1/2 cup Navy beans (all cooked of course). I’m going to try your recipe, its quick and easy as well.
    Katie, thank you for all your wonderful recipes and ideas!

123. Abby says:

OMG. this recipe is amaaazzinng! I made it and put it over rice and veggies for my mum and I , and over chicken and pasta for my father. he is not in to healthy foods/recipes at all, (if you even show him a vegetable he would make a grossed out face) and he raved about this alfredo sauce. He kept asking my mom what the brand was and where she got it because “it was one of the best I’ve tasted and we should really stock up on it”…haha my little secret! Thanks Katie, you’re brilliant!

124. Lillian says:

Made it, ate it with homemade pasta, LOVED it!!

125. chayto says:

This recipe turn out delicious! ! And extremely easy. Loving your recipes katie

126. Kendra says:

This turned out exceptionally well! It was a big hit! I tweaked the recipe roasting a red bell pepper on the bbq, seeding and peeling it, and added it to the pot.
    Will definitely make this again!

127. Tanya Swetta says:

For this recipe, I think I love you.

This was amazing!!! Last year, I realized I was lactose intolerant and I have been craving alfredo pasta like crazy. I LOVE white sauce! I have missed it so bad and I tried out your recipe after tweaking it a bit and I was just surprised at how it tasted so similar to the alfredo sauce I used to make with milk and cheese! It tasted so unbelievably similar! I can now have alfredo sauce again! Hurray! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Katie! This was fantastic! I’m putting up my version on my blog ( and linking to this amazing recipe :)

128. Maddie says:

I was skeptical of this at first, but my favorite restaurant has a similar recipe, with zucchini. It tastes almost exactly like the real deal! I plan on making this tonight.

129. Shari says:

I am gluten free and dairy free. This fixed my craving for fettucini alfredo sauce served over GF noodles… Thanks so much :-)

130. Lindsey says:

I made this tonight… As it was simmering, I wasn’t too impressed. I tossed in a bit of mustard, threw it on some pasta, and I’m so glad first impressions are deceiving! This was delicious, and I can’t atop eating it. Next time, I might add more cauliflower, and throw it over squash.

131. Margaret says:

I just made this tonight, making mac and cheese. Hubby had 3 servings and asked for the leftovers for lunch. This is going to be my new go to sauce. I am not a cauliflower fan so this is a great way to get me to eat my veggies.

132. Rachel says:

Hey Katie!
    Do you think original almond milk would taste good in this recipe? I’ve only ever made Alfredo sauce with cow milk and wonder what you think. Thanks!

1. Yes I usually use almond milk :)

133. Karen says:

Katie…this stuff seriously ROCKS! I have been eying this recipe with much interest and finally got around to making it…holy freaking yummy! I just put it over steamed broccoli and it darn near blew my socks off…now I have plans for mushrooms, the trader joes spinach chive linguini, maybe with some dill, over quinoa, maybe add some buffalo sauce and make a creamy football dip, ohhhhhh the places I will go…Thank you so much for sharing!

134. Beth says:

This was delicious! One of my boys is allergic to milk, eggs, and tree nuts, so the rest of us have suffered through some pretty miserable substitutions. I would recommend this recipe to anyone and I have passed it on to several people. It’s awesome! Thank you!

135. Karina says:

I love blending in silk tofu into my cauliflower sauce. Kids know no different!

136. Esther says:

I love this recipe! It’s a lot easier than other cauliflower Alfredo recipes I’ve tried. I altered the recipe a bit. I put 1/2 cup of sweet potatoes and 1 cup of cauliflower instead of 1 1/2 cups of cauliflower and used 1/2 of nutritional yeast. The sauce turned out awesome!

137. Sue says:

I’m kind of new to eating vegetarian and am trying (and failing miserably) at eating vegan, but your website sure does help with keeping me on track! I made the sauce and holy moly! I had to stop from eating it by the spoonful in the name of “tasting it”. It was delish on steamed broccoli and baked red skin potatoes too. I did add the Dijon, the full amount of nutritional yeast and added some onion powder also. I can’t wait to try it on corn and quinoa pasta! Thanks CCK for all your great recipes. I’ve tried this recipe and the chocolate chip love bites so far. Tonight is the healthy frosty! So excited. Even my meat and potato lovin’ family liked your healthy remakes!

138. Courtney says:

I just made this about 15 mins ago. Couldn’t be simpler!!! I added quite a bit of garlic power and onion powder (but it could just be because I’m sick!) and I found this to be so delicious that I ate it straight up like a pureed soup!!

Thank you so very much for the recipe, Katie!

139. Alison says:

Thank you for this recipe, it is so creamy and delicious! Now this is one of my favorite sauces for pasta.. and I’m thinking about putting it on everything!

140. Laura says:

Hi! I came across this recipe about a month ago, and have been using it constantly!! I’ve used it as is on pasta, I’ve added garlic, lemon and tarragon and served it over chicken and gnocchi, I thickened it up with some cornstarch to make it more like a bechamel and it worked beautifully in a dairy free lasagne (in the slow cooker as well!) So I just wanted to say, thank you for a truly awesome go to recipe :)

141. Kimberly says:

I just made this for my parents and I tonight! It was so good! I would really recomend this to anyone who loves Alfredo, but not the bad fats and calories, perfect dinner. I just added a tiny bit more garlic powder :p thanks for this recipe!

142. Becky says:

Wow, this is so good! Creamy and cheesy, and definitely good enough to eat by the spoonful right out of the blender! I put it on noodles but intend to eat the leftovers over spaghetti squash.

143. Karen says:

This recipe has changed my life…it is now a staple in our house and I make a double recipe at least once a week. I use it in everything that I want to be a little bit creamy…spinach artichoke dip, buffalo sauce over any veggies, creamy kale and chickpeas over quinoa, and most recently I just made the most killer ranch dressing…my husband has no idea that it is good for him :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!

144. Yaya says:

1. Stringbean says:

Any chance you’d be willing to share your killer ranch dressing recipe?

145. Sharon says:

I can’t wait to try this recipe! Quick question: you strain everything after letting it simmer, right? Also, if you’re using Daiya or nutritional yeast, should you wait to add that in right before blending it? Sounds weird to boil it. Same question with the Earth Balance, milk and spices: boil those too?

146. Stacy G says:

This looks soo good! Dying to try this

147. Shalini says:

I made this last night and it was wonderful!! Thank you for coming up with this recipe. I’ve been looking all over for a vegetable based cream sauce and this worked so well!! This is going to be a staple in my kitchen from now on.

148. Dawn says:

I finally got around to trying this and it was awesome over spaghetti squash! I used minced garlic so instead of adding everything at once I sautéed the garlic in the butter spread with salt in the bottom of the pan then added everything else.
    Then next time I made, after blending it in the blender I added a can of drained Tomatoes with green chilies and made a kind of Queso. It was great this way too! :)

This is a great alternative to the cashew cream version, since raw cashews are not available in my area. :)

149. Emily says:

Katie has done it again! This recipe is so easy and tastes SUPER creamy even though there’s no cream! I just used unsweetened almond milk:)

150. Amy says:

Thanks for this recipe! When I made it, I pureed the boiled cauliflower with Earth Balance and a cup of ALMOND milk and I added a touch of mustard and I could’ve eaten it just like that – as a soup! I was not expecting it to be so delicious and have such a nice texture. Better yet, my boyfriend who is a butter/bacon/cheese fanatic could not tell that it didn’t have a cream base. Since this recipe is so easy to make after a long day at work, I have a feeling I’m going to be having a lot of it in the near future.

151. Lisa says:

Just tried this.its so yummy! My 4 year and 18 month old are loving it. Score!

152. Julia says:

With all the snow that we’ve been experiencing in the New Jersey area, I am definitely ready for some comfort food. This recipe looks delicious and these photos are definitely making me hungry!

153. Kenny says:

I’ve been eating vegan for over 2 years now. Real cheese alfredo was one of my favorite and most eaten meals before going vegan. I’ve seen cauliflower alfredo over the years and have always wanted to try it. Finally…it was excellent. I added nutritional yeast and a couple drops of mustard.

154. Tanith says:

Great recipe however I found the nutritional yeast over-powering, I will start by using 1-2 tablespoons next time and see from there. Thank you :)

155. kat says:

Could I use plain almond milk in place of regular milk?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Katie’s blog is vegan so she doesn’t use any dairy products (if that’s what you mean by “regular milk”). As the recipe calls for you to use your milk of choice, then if plain almond milk is your milk of choice, then that would do the trick for you.

156. Emily says:

I made this for lunch about 10 minutes ago and it was awesome! I think I could even trick my family in to eating it (They are super against being healthy). It was so creamy and tasted just like Alfredo sauce to me! I will definitely be making this again soon. :)

157. Manda says:

Oh my gosh! Had this pinned and just made it now… My young boys gobbled it up! So easy to make, this will become a regular for sure. Thank you!

158. Carolyn says:

Oh, I love that you have once again found time to healthify a recipe for us- alfredo sauce at that! (The last new cauliflower recipe I saw was one breaded and deep fried)- so thank you very much.
    We love what you do!
    Our weather here in Carolina seems to be springish at the moment. However that could change any time. It is our saying that we can get a ‘sunburned on Tuesday, and frostbitten on Thursday’!

159. Mollie says:

How many servings does this make?

160. juliana says:

Made this the other night and it was delicious!! Unfortunately, wasn’t as good the next day for lunch after refrigeration+microwaving, because the consistency had changed. The recipe is fabulous though and SO easy to make! (Coming from a cooking novice)

161. Demi Taylor says:

I’ve been trying to eat healthier since living in a college town doesn’t provide me too many fast options to do so; therefore I have browsed numerous sites just to find a site that has a few healthy options I actually would want to put in my mouth… And I have to say, I have been making a different recipe of yours every single day (some times more than once) for the past 2 months! You never fail to impress!! I just made this delicious alfredo sauce and mixed in some broccoli to add even more nutrition. My boyfriend doesn’t come home from work until an hour from now… And I don’t think there will be enough left for him!! This is amazing. I love that you embrace using oils as well, as many recipes call for only a teaspoon or so, because I am a coconut oil kinda girl.
    Thanks again for making healthier living so much easier :)

162. Megan Maxwell says:

Katie, I just want to tell you how much I love this recipe. I am on a gluten-free and dairy-free diet right now for health reasons, and this was such a treat. I would love to share this recipe on a health forum I use, and we are not allowed to post links. Would you mind if I shared the recipe and credited you?
    Thanks so much for all the wonderful recipes and cooking ideas that you share!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

On CCK’s FAQ page at the top of this blog, she says recipes should be linked to the original rather than re-copied into a new post, but that using photos is okay.

163. Sara Qualls says:

I just made this tonight. My two dairy free kids have bellies full of mac n cheese for the first time in their lives. Thank you! I used 1/2 Daiya and 1/2 nutritional yeast. In the future, I’ll just use daiya. I can have Parmesan cheese so I added it to my plate and it made it fabulous! Next time I’ll mix in spinach.

164. xtina says:

Absolutely love this recipe! Tried it for the first time tonight and used olive oil instead of butter and put it over brown rice pasta. Yum!

165. Rhonda says:

This is absolutely delicious 😀 Thank you!

166. ElizaJane says:

Hi, Just found your blog and it’s totally cool!!! I cooked your “blondies” last night and the kids loved them!! You’ve got one more fan!! Will try the Choc. Peanut butter balls next. Zuccini fries after that…. Thanks so much for this great blog full of diverse recipes! I just might make everything, eventually.
    ElizaJane, Atlanta, GA

167. Lisa says:

Can’t wait to try this !! Can you put it in a food processor instead of a blender?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

168. Elyse says:

This is recipe is definitely a keeper! It was super yummy, and everyone loved it :) I found that it helped to use a generous amount of salt so you don’t notice the lack of cheese.

169. Zoe steindl says:

170. Zoe steindl says:

Just made this for dinner and it’s probably the best vegan cheese sauce I’ve had and the fact that it’s not high in fat because it doesn’t use cashews is perfect! Definitely will be making it again. So yummy and creamy.

171. Nathalie says:

Hey katie, if im using cauliflower “rice” {i’ve already put all my cauliflower in my food processor to make the flourless pizza} what do i change from the recipe? Like should it be less than 1,5 cups cauliflower or more? Please help :(

172. Emily says:

Wow! This is so good! I’m eating it right now after a long and very hard day. I was craving some comfort food and this is hitting the spot. And it’s super easy to make. Thanks! Can’t wait to try more.

173. Hannah says:

This is SOOOOOOOO awesome!!!!! It tastes ALMOST like Alfredo!!! I am definitely making this again!

174. eValerie says:

Thanks for adding a Print button. I really appreciate it!!!

175. EVA says:

I know this over a year after the fact, but after contemplating whether or not to have to clean a whole Nutribullet blade for this, I made it and am SO glad I did!

Here was my subs for those interested: I halved the recipe since I live alone and it made enough to perfectly drown 2 oz of elbow pasta. MMMF! I don’t have any salt in my apartment (I’m not a fan of salt!) nor unsweetened original almond milk, so instead I used 1/2 cup of no-chicken broth (half of a bouillon cube). I have to be on a low fat diet due to my gallbladder and gastroparesis, so I only used 1 tsp olive oil. And since I wanted a classic mac and cheese, I added about 2 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast. Now I’m a nooch lover til the death, but I found that that was MORE than enough.
    Awesome recipe! This has to be my second favorite of yours, next to the banana pancakes!

176. Dee says:

This is happening pronto! Maybe for thanksgiving! It’s hard to find fresh cauliflower here, but I’ll give it a shot with frozen! This, plus the high protein mushroom stroganoff, lentil balls with cranberry gravy, and a three sisters succotash should make for a wonderful meal!!!

177. Tom says:

This is one of my favourites. I changed it into a chowder on my blog and linked back to this post, but I haven’t implemented pingback on my blog yet. (I understand pingback has been co-opted by the spammers anyway and on top of that I’m not using wordpress.) So, here’s a manual pingback:

Thanks for the inspiration!

178. Lydia says:

This sauce is AMAZING! I have a big sweet tooth, so you’d think that my favorite recipe of yours would be a dessert but no! It’s this! I put it on everything. Pasta, pizza, and spaghetti squash! I think next I’ll try using it as a dressing on a sandwich. Thank you so much, it’s incredible.

179. Holly says:

So I made this today. Three words; yum…Yum…YUM!!! I wasn’t sure what to think while I was making it, but the flavors are amazing, I never would have thought the main ingredient was cauliflower had I not made it. You’ve done it again!

180. Katlyn says:

Love this recipe! Just wondering if I can make a larger batch and keep it in the fridge or freeze it to use later?

181. Melodie says:

This was so good. Thanks for sharing:)

182. Bob says:

I added some rosemary and Italian seasoning – great flavor! It was just the right sauce for steamed broccoli. Fantastic recipe!

183. Samantha says:

We’ve had a whole cauliflower in the fridge for ages now and it was time to salvage the good parts and make something with it. I just made this sauce on a whim and oh my goodness me! It is so creamy and delicious – I will definitely be making this again.

I’m looking forward to serving it with gf elbow macaroni, peas and bacon chips (vegan)!
    Dad had a great thought for using the sauce in a potato bake!!! I think I’ll make up a couple of batches… does it freeze well???

184. Sara says:

The original and still the best.