Chocolate Fudge in a Jar

Chocolate Fudge in a Jar: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/09/17/chocolate-fudge-jar/

Label this under Things you didn’t know you needed.

Vegan Chocolate Fudge

What you see before you is not fudge sauce… it is actual homemade chocolate fudge that’s been packed into a jar, just waiting to be opened and devoured. Needless to say, this recipe is very dangerous!

Almond Butter Fudge

Chocolate Fudge in a Jar

• 1 16oz jar roasted almond butter, or allergy-friendly alternative
  • 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil (120g)
  • 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder (20g)
  • 1/4 tsp salt (my almond butter was unsalted)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp NuNaturals liquid vanilla stevia, or 3 tbsp sugar of choice

Start with a jar of room-temperature nut butter. If there is any oil at the top of the nut butter, stir it in until smooth. Now take 2/3 cup nut butter out of the jar and set aside for a different use. Stir the 3/4 cup coconut oil into the jar until smooth. Add the cacao, salt, vanilla, and sweetener, and stir again until completely smooth. Place in the fridge, where it will soon harden into fudge.

View Nutrition Facts

Fudge in a JarAlmond Butter Fudge

Question of the Day:

Are there any things you didn’t know you needed but now that you have them, you aren’t sure how you ever lived without them? Two things that come to mind for me are my iphone (never had one until last month) and my digital camera. And then, of course, there is high-speed internet… anyone remember dial-up??

Link of the Day: Oatmeal Pancakes

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Lisa says:

Oh my goodness!! This looks so super amazing. Great description I used right there, but you know what I mean.
    I could definitely see this falling into the category of things I didn’t know I needed.
    And I’d have to definitely agree on the iphone and digital camera! Seriously, I don’t know why I lived without them for so long. Now I bring those things everywhere.

2. As if chocolate and almond butter weren’t amazing enough on their own, you somehow found a way to combine them into something even more lovely! I love chocolate fudge but never make it outside of special occasions. This is such an amazing way to make a smaller amount just for myself!

3. Mrs B says:

What size jar of nut butter did you use??

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The recipe calls for one 16 oz jar of roasted almond butter.

4. I can eat this by the spoonful – right?

5. I agree with you on the internet thing. And this hot fudge in a jar is for sure going on the list of things I didn’t know I needed. Perfect for my regular chocolate cravings :)

6. OMG, Katie, I might have to make this immediately! You are so wonderfully creative in satisfying my chocolate cravings! :-)

Shirley

7. Hand me a spoon, I’m going in! YUM! :)

8. Gina Sengupta says:

Vegan sugar-free fudge!?! Where have you been all my life?!? Thank you!!! :)

9. George Lin says:

What size jar are you using as the foundation for the recipe?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The recipe calls for one 16 oz jar of roasted almond butter.

10. Marian says:

This looks like such a great treat! Thank you for the recipe. I make my own almond butter – do you have an approximate amount that you use in the recipe?

Thanks!!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Her recipe calls for 16 oz.

2. One 16oz jar is two cups, so you’d have to use two cups of homemade almond butter. I hope this helps! :)
      P.s. homemade almond butter? YUM! 😀

11. Alexe says:

Wow what a great idea to make the fudge in the jar that the almond butter is in, I want to dive in with a spoon right now!

12. Karen says:

I live outside of the U.S. and the sizes of some products are different here. How big is the jar of almond butter that your recipe for fudge calls for? Preferably in grams, if you can.
    Thank you for your wonderful creativity, Katie. I and my family have been eating very healthily for the past years and it is a challenge. Having someone like you like you to help us in our ‘swim upstream’ (sometimes it can feel like that living in a culture saturated with quick, processed and mostly unhealthy foods) is helpful. Your tasty, easy and clearly outlined recipes are a joy.
    Karen

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It’s 16 oz and you can convert that to grams.

1. megan says:

16oz = 453.592grams. I hope this helps:)

2. A 16oz jar is 2 cups. I hope this helps you! :)

1. Sharon says:

Claire, one more question….or Katie or whoever can answer…if 16 oz is 2 cups and we take out 2/3 of the jar, does that mean the amount of nut butter i need to make is 1 and 1/3 cup? I am math challenged, can you tell? And especially when it comes to fractions….And, Katie, thanks so much for your recipes! Sharon

1. That’s correct Sharon! I hope it works out well for you! Happy fudge making! God bless! :)

13. Jenny says:

Looks yummy, but how large are your jar of nutbutter? I live in Denmark were stors don’t sell nutbutter only peanut butter, so I am on DIY

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It’s 16 oz.

1. Yup, and 16oz jar of Almond Butter = Two cups! 😀

14. Oh my goodness. This looks too good to be true. Definitely making this soon!

xx
    youngmildandfree.wordpress.com

15. Kym says:

This looks like a great idea, I think it would make a nice birthday/Christmas gift for someone too! :)

16. This is so easy and looks beyond delicious! Can’t wait to try. I didn’t know I needed the Amazon kindle app on my phone and now I am totally hooked. I love being able to read a book wherever I am!

17. Lisa Ernst says:

Fudge has always been a favorite of mine, but for years I quit eating it because traditional recipes were so sugary. Over the last few years, I’ve devised a number of healthy fudge recipes, but this one is brand new! My list of things to make from your blog is growing ever longer. Thanks for another great idea. :-)

18. OilLadyLaura says:

OMG, drooling over here!

One thing I didn’t know I needed but now can’t live without are Essential Oils! They saved me from my depression (see my story here: http://vimeo.com/71412602), cat allergies, and little thing every single day, and I don’t have to wonder about what damage I am doing to my body by using them!

19. Caitlin says:

Chocolate almond coconut…I need a minute to compose myself…

As for your question, the big one right now is my Vitamix. I got it this past spring and it has already paid for itself in coconut butter alone, not to mention all the other stuff I make at home using this! Another one (and yes, it’s similar) is the Baby Bullet I got as a gift when my daughter was born. I wasn’t going to get one, but not only did it save a bunch of money on purees, but now my daughter is almost two and I use it as a coffee grinder! Haha

20. Lauren says:

Gah I almost hate you for posting this :))
    I’ve made ‘this’ fudge before but without measuring the stuff so I’m looking forward to the result of doing it right 😀 also made before with maple syrup. Yums.

1. De says:

How much maple syrup did you use? I was wondering when I looked at the recipe, because I thought that’d be yummy and mix better than sugar crystals.

1. Lauren says:

If following this recipe start with the said amount. Or just fudge it 😉