Homemade Glazin Raisin Pretzels

Homemade Glazin Raisin Pretzels: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/11/14/glazin-raisin-pretzels/

Some things are meant to be devoured:

• Chocolate mousse pie
  • Crème brûlée
  • Fresh summer watermelon

I’d add Ryan Gosling to the list, but it would probably get me into trouble on this blog… 😕

Glazin Raisin Pretzels

Glazin Raisin pretzels are definitely meant to be devoured – they’re like a cinnamon roll, but better because there’s less dough and much more sugary-sweet glaze.

Everyone knows the glaze is the best part.

Auntie Anne's Pretzel

Glazin Raisin Pretzels

• 1 cup milk of choice (240g)
  • 1 tsp sweetener (sugar, agave, honey, etc. Not xylitol or stevia, as it won’t feed the yeast.) (5g)
  • 1 tbsp yeast (9g)
  • 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat or all-purpose flour (or a combination) (315g)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut brown sugar (30g)
  • 2 tbsp butter spread (like Earth Balance or Smart Balance Light)(30g) or firm coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup raisins (80g)
  • 1/3 cup baking soda (80g)
  • Extra flour, as needed

Heat the first two ingredients in a measuring cup to around 110 degrees F. Sprinkle the yeast on top, and let it sit 5 minutes. If your yeast is good, it will bubble. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and the 2 tbsp sugar. (Do not use xylitol.) Cut in the butter spread or oil, using a fork or a stand mixer. Then stir in the raisins. Thoroughly combine this mix with the yeast mixture, using your hands or a stand mixer, then knead dough on a floured surface or in the bowl for 5 minutes, adding more flour as needed to keep it from being too sticky to knead. (I mixed dough in the bowl and added a total of 6 tbsp extra flour by the end of the 5 minutes.)

Lightly grease the mixing bowl. Set dough in the bowl, cover the bowl with a towel, and put the bowl in a warm place (such as an oven on “bread proof”) for 50 to 60 minutes or until it’s doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking tray. In a long and shallow container or dish, dissolve the 1/3 cup baking soda in 3 cups of warm water, then set aside. Get out the risen dough: punch the dough to deflate, then form evenly-sized pieces (8-10 large pretzels or 16-20 smaller ones). Roll each section of dough as thinly as you possibly can (the thinner the better), then twist into a pretzel shape. Dip each into the baking soda water, shake to dry, then arrange the pretzels on the baking tray. The baking time will vary, depending on whether you’re using whole-wheat or  all-purpose flour; pretzels are done when they have turned golden-brown and you can smell them (about 15-18 minutes).

Glazin Raisin Glaze:

• 1/4 cup yogurt of choice, such as So Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt (65g)
  • pure stevia to taste, or 2 1/2 tbsp powdered sugar
  • up to 1 tbsp milk of choice, as needed for a thinner glaze (I used 1 tbsp) (15g)
  • 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract

Stir together all ingredients. Apply glaze to each pretzel directly before serving, or use glaze as a dip instead.

Click for: Glazin Raisin Pretzel Nutrition Facts

Soft Pretzels Recipe

Link of the Day:

Healthy Snack Recipes

Fifty-Five No-Bake Snack Recipes

Tags: ,

1. Jess says:

I’ve never thought of making sweet pretzels before…definitely bookmarking this to try ASAP!

2. Melissa says:

Yum! That is looks so, so good. I love the addition of glaze and raisins to the pretzels. It sounds like it would work really well.

3. Lisa says:

Wow those look so good!
    Since I’m definitely a sweets lover over savory, these pretzels are totally my thing.

4. Steph says:

Yummy! I’d love to see bagels in the future! (Maybe blueberry?)

5. Yes, the glaze is the best part! 😉

6. Livi says:

these look so good! do you think it’ll work with gluten free flour?

1. Russell says:

I was wondering the same thing.

1. Sorry, I haven’t ever tried it. if you try, be sure to report back!

7. These look delish- and devouring Ryan Gosling ain’t nothing to be ashamed of 🙂

8. Makayla says:

This recipe looks so yummy…..I LOVE raisins! (LOL! Ryan Gosling would be on my list too! 🙂

9. anonymous says:

What type of raisins did you use? SunMaid? An organic brand?

10. Katy says:

I love the name of these pretzels! Cinnamon raisin bread is the bomb so I bet pretzel style is amazing. Oh, Ryan Gosling. 🙂

11. That icing looks pretty legitimate! You can imagine my shock then when I saw the ingredients list. Well done.

12. Beth John says:

I hate raisin so I have never bought one of these, however, I love the almond ones so I just might have to play around with this recipe.

13. Emilylovesraisins says:

These look really good! ive never made pretzels before though… :/
    PS. is 1/3 CUP baking soda correct? that seems like… a lot.

1. becauseHeloves! says:

I think the baking soda makes a crust for the pretzels. You don’t actually mix it in

1. Emilylovesraisins says:

Oh i guess that makes sense! I didn’t want to be the fail that put in 1/3 cup of baking soda when it was supposed to be 1/3 tablespoon. My friend’s sister did something like that once with banana bread, she mixed up the sugar and salt. 😛

1. becauseHeloves! says:

I have totally done that before! I had to throw out the batter and try again (:

14. These do not even look real, that’s how perfect they are! I am going to be thinking about this all the way up until the moment I have time to make them! YUM!

15. becauseHeloves! says:

What a cute name for this recipe! I’m making dessert for like nine people this weekend, and I don’t know which recipe of yours to choose! They all look too good! (:

16. Alexa says:

These look great Katie, but nearly 1200 mg of sodium per pretzel? That’s almost your daily recommended amount!

1. Sorry for the confusion… I edited the nutrition facts.

17. Ellen says:

Excellent! The more glaze the better, says me:)

18. Sandra says:

Love your work, very sweet and delicat 🙂

But you might want to scale back on the 80 grams off baking soda…… 🙂