Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Pumpkin Pancakes

Sixteen fat, fluffy, irresistible pumpkin pancakes… for less than 250 calories! It’s the perfect breakfast for Fall!

Sixteen light & fluffy pumpkin pancakes from @choccoveredkt... for less than 250 calories. Full recipe:

I love getting recipe requests.

My list of things to make is now nine pages long… not exaggerating. Included on the list are ideas such as: Nutella Cheesecake Squares, Dark Chocolate Banana Bread, Oatmeal Crème Pies, Coconut Layer Cake, and Cookie Dough Waffles. Without a doubt, the most-requested recipe over the years has been for pumpkin pancakes.

So finally this week I’m able to cross it off the list. (I kind of love crossing things off my to-do lists. I’m strange like that.)

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes

Print This Recipe 5/5

• 1/2 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour
  • just under 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • only if using gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • pinch stevia, or 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
  • up to 1/2 cup milk of choice, depending on flour choice and on desired pancake thickness (add up to 2 tbsp more if using stevia)
  • 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
  • level 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp pumpkin or sweet potato puree
  • 2 tsp oil or 1 extra tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Yield: 14-16 pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe: In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir very well. In a separate bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients. Pour dry ingredients into wet, and stir together to form a batter. Lightly grease a skillet, then place the skillet over medium heat. When pan is hot, drop small ladles of batter onto the skillet. Be sure to spread out the batter so it doesn’t sit in the middle of each pancake. Flip pancakes, using a spatula, when the edges begin to look dry. Allow to cook one minute longer, then remove from heat. Makes about 16 pancakes the size of the ones in the photos. TIP: Test the heat of your skillet by throwing a few drops of water onto the surface. When the water sizzles, the pan is ready for the pancake batter. (Pancakes in the photos are made with the gluten-free flour option.)

View Pumpkin Pancakes Nutrition Facts

Question of the Day: Do you like making lists?

I make lists all the time, on whatever scrap paper happens to be available when an idea comes into my head… The only problem is I’ll start a list and then be in a different room when I get another idea. So I just start a new list. And then I have a million pieces of scrap paper floating around the house and never cross everything off any of them… which means none of the lists are ever thrown out. 😕

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Livi says:

yum!! perfect for fall :)

2. Julia G says:

So I’m currently cuddled up in my bed with a huge dilemma because I didn’t know what to make myself for breakfast! Mystery solved. I’m definitely about to go get up and try these. Thank you for the recipe Katie! 😀

3. Greta says:

oatmeal cream pies!! pretty please?

4. Katy says:

I love pumpkin pancakes, and yours looks awesome with that scoop of ice cream on top. I’m a total list maker and definitely love crossing things off my to-do list!

5. Franco says:

Wow! I love pancakes but never thought I could make them with pumkin. Now I finally know what to do with the ones I get from my parents :-)

6. Tammela says:

Yum! Yes, I do love making lists…even better is checking things off of said lists.

Here is my pumpkin pancake recipe:

7. I like crossing things off lists, too, and this recipe has just found its way to the top! Looks delicious!

8. Ami says:

I was just thinking yesterday that I needed to find a pumpkin pancake recipe! Perfect timing!! And YES. Lists everywhere. And I sometimes try to consolidate my lists, so they are nice and neat and legible but it never lasts for more than a day. *sigh*

9. becauseHeloves! says:

I was going to request pumpkin pancakes! And I just opened a can of pumpkin like three days ago….

I shall request: Healthy bran muffins! It’s my second favorite kind of muffin, next to chocolate chip.

1. becauseHeloves! says:

Have you ever heard of the Mellow Mushroom? It’s a chain pizza restaurant that has vegan cheese pizzas!

1. Alice Steele says:

I just have to chime in – I LOVE mellow mushroom.

1. becauseHeloves! says:

Me too! I went there tonight- amazing!
          Pizza is a gift from God (:

2. lailja says:

oh yes! bran muffins. been craving bran lately. been reading about how good rye bran is and tolerated by many in spite of its gluten.

10. Melissa says:

These look so, so good! To answer your question, yes, I am absolutely a huge list maker! It makes things much easier and manageable for me to have a list to refer to and check off as complete, as I go along. I am a very visual person, so this comes in handy.

11. Bethanny says:

Making these tonight! Can’t wait to try them :)

12. Liz says:

I actually made Pumpkin Pancakes from one of your single-serving pancake recipes – the Banana Split ones – by just subbing in pumpkin for the banana! I’ll have to try this version now and see how they compare to the single-serve modification I made :)

And yes, I love making lists, but love crossing them off even more!

1. Bethanny says:

so can you tell me how these turned out for you? For me the taste was great but I ended up with fewer super-fat pancakes instead of the sixteen thinner ones. Maybe that was because I used whole-wheat flour or because I only used 1/4 cup almond milk and I didn’t use liquid sweetner…like I said they tasted great

1. Lauren says:

I got 15.

1. Sara says:

I got thirteen pancakes, but I made them a bit bigger than I think Katie did. They were delicious!

2. Liz says:

I haven’t actually tried this recipe yet – only make pancakes on weekends – but with the single-serve alteration I made, I got the amount Katie said in that recipe. I don’t use liquid sweetener or whole-wheat flour, but I have a general idea of consistency and always add more almond milk if I think it’s going to be too thick.

1. Bethanny says:

Mine came out really more like a dough than a batter…I wouldn’t have been able to ladle it. It’s driving me crazy wondering where I went wrong haha

1. Just curious…how come you didn’t add the rest of the liquid? 1/4 cup is much less than the recipe calls for.

2. Bethanny says:

not sure why, I guess because it said “Up to” 1/2 cup of liquid, and I have a problem following directions:)

3. Love2run says:

I got the same thing! And I used whole wheat flour too, so maybe that was it.

13. I love pumpkin pancakes, and these are fabulous. Yum!

14. Deidre says:

Are the nutrition facts based on one pancake, or are serving sizes more than one pancake?

1. Meesh says:

According to the nutrition info page: The nutrition information above is for a stack of EIGHT pancakes… But these pancakes are so healthy that you can easily eat all sixteen pancakes at once!

15. Deidre says:

Does anyone know of a delicious natural, sugar-free or low-calorie pancake syrup? I tried Nature’s Hollow, didn’t care for it.

1. Christy says:

Joseph’s brand is really great. They have a website you can order directly from. I have also found it at Whole Foods.

2. Whit says:

I LOVE Walden Farms Pancake Syrup- I can’t tell the difference!

16. Alice Steele says:

Hey – with the gluten-free flour were they cooked in the middle? I have had the hardest time getting ANY recipe of gluten-free pancakes to seem cooked. They always are wet in the middle. About how long do you cook it before flipping? Thanks!

1. Yes…be sure to make them small enough. And, as it says in the recipe, be sure to smush down so there’s not extra batter in the middle.

2. sassygirl711 says:

hey! just made these pancakes again
      during the holidays…for the umpteenth
      time :)
      here’s my technique for any pancake recipe
      and I always use GF flour: when pouring
      batter (under 1/4 C., I’d guess) I swirl the
      batter in the hot pan (like you would when
      making crepes). the center is never wet.
      also…watch the heat of your pan closely…
      too hot and the middle won’t get cooked
      and the edges could brown…even burn.
      this morning I added 1/8 tsp. unsulphered
      molasses and a bit of powdered ginger.
      used TJ olive oil spray at the start and
      never had to re-spray the pan. (it nvr
      got too hot). made 13 pancakes: each one
      4 inches…my perfect pancake size!)
      happy new year!

17. Jennifer says:

Cookie dough waffles sound amazing. I can’t wait for that recipe! :)

18. Audrey says:

This recipe is my payday splurge (I always buy something on payday for a recipe I really want to try but don’t have all the ingredients for, like apple cider vinegar)! Looks delicious, and I’m like you, tons of papers with short lists or ideas all over, despite having a journal specifically for just that :)

19. Sarah says:

So I think you answered this question but this is 1 serving? :)

20. makayla says:

Yes! Oatmeal Cream Pies were my request…glad to hear they are on your list. Hope to see them soon. Cookie Dough Waffles? That sounds SO YUMMY!

21. Pumpkin and Pancakes? These are two of my favourite things put together into one! :) Thanks for another great recipe!!!

22. Laura says:

making these for breakfast :)
    Yes, I love lists, and have learned not to trust my memory and that I need to write things down. I usually have multiple small lists (I don’t want a never-ending long list that I can’t finish in a day or two). I bought a small monthly planner that can fit in my purse for my goal of being more organized! Here’s hoping!!

1. Laura says:

hmmm… making these now… the flavor is great but they are so soft-set and are not cooking up firm. I used all-purpose flour and liquid sweetener. Seems more like a cupcake or muffin batter…

1. Just add more liquid until you get a pancake batter consistency. How much liquid did you use?

23. Lauren says:

These were SO good! I just had them for breakfast with some homemade apple butter and am looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow :).
    Thanks Katie!

1. Lauren says:

Oh and I added a little extra cinnamon because I didn’t have pumpkin pie spice. Turned out great!

24. Anjela says:

These sound very good. I just recently found your fantastic site and can’t believe some of the recipes you were able to transform and make them so healthy.

Do you have any plans to develop healthy imitations of Starbucks pastries. Cinnamon swirl Coffee cake, banana chocolate chip coffee cake, etc?

1. becauseHeloves! says:

She has banana polka dot bread, which is banana bread with chocolate chips in it. And a raspberry coffee cake…maybe you could sub bananas for the raspberries and add chocolate chips to get banana choc. chip coffee cake?

1. Anjela says:

Thanks! I will have to take a look at those.

25. Swiftie22 says:

I make a lot of lists, too! But I make them on Evernote. You should try it. It’s this online service (they have their app, too) and it helps you keep all your notes, recipes, and lists organized. And you get access to them from almost everywhere. It really comes in handy. :)

26. Karen Flatley says:

I made this recipe this morning for my kids and they were a big hit. My three year old devoured every last bite on her plate! Thanks for helping me to feed my kids foods that are good for them but that they’ll actually eat. You are a lifesaver CCK!

27. Yum – the addition of apple cider vinegar is intriguing too!

28. Robin in AZ says:

I used to have the same issue with lists. Two options for u that may help- get a small spiral notebook that will fit in your jeans/apron pocket and keep running lists. For me it was getting an iphone. I use the lists app and just make new lists when I think of other things I want to remember or gather info on. Hope that helps

29. Alanna says:

These sound so good! I’m with you, girl — I LOVE making lists and crossing things off. I have so many Post-It notes around my desk at work, and I had the same problem with losing things sometimes until I found this free program download called Stickies. It’s essentially Post-It notes for your computer desktop, and you can resize, add different backgrounds, change the text / font / color… I love it!

1. Alanna says:

Oh yeah — and for your phone (or tablet), try the Any.Do app!

30. Beth says:

About how much batter should I use per pancake? Quarter cup? Less? HELP! These looks wonderful!

31. Daryl says:

Finally, a pumpkin recipe! Have been waiting for this!! #getinmybelly Thank you Katie!! 😀

32. Sara says:

Can this recipe just as easily make a healthier version of pumpkin bread?

33. Marjorie says:

They turned out lovely. I used all purpose flour & little bit of sugar because I didn’t have any stevia. I used a heaping? 1/4 c measure for the pancakes. It made approx. 5-6 pancakes which is great. I didn’t want too many. I had some today & can the rest tomorrow. Thanks for another great recipe!

34. These pancakes look awesome!

35. Ellen says:

List-o-holic here!

36. Luv2Run says:

Katie! Could you please use your brilliance to create a recipe for caramel apples? Like actually caramel covered apples not just the caramel dip…I’m allergic to MSG so I can’t find any caramel I can have and its one of my favorite fall treats.

on another note I can’t wait to try these pancakes in a few minutes!! i’m obsessed with pumpkin so I’m making them for dinner 😀

37. Haha, I make lists too. I like making them mostly because I get to cross things off. They used to be everywhere, but now parts are in my iphone reminders app!

38. Kelly says:

These were AMAZING! I actually threw them on my waffle maker on a whim, and they turned out really well–light, thin, and crispy. I used maple syrup for the liquid sweetener and spread a wee bit of peanut butter on them when they were finished. It made four very large, thin waffles. Absolutely delicious, will definitely be making again…probably tomorrow!

39. Belinda says:

I appreciate all of your list-crossing hard work to bring us such delicious recipes. Looking forward to the Oatmeal Crème Pies!

40. I live for crossing things off my to-do list! These look great, I am glad you got around to them!

41. Beth says:

You’re the best! My mom and I are currently eating these for a wonderful breakfast. Many thanks for you hard work and dedication. I make your recipes numerous times each week and have yet to not like one. Yay!

42. Another Katie says:

I LOVE making lists. So much so that my family got a good laugh when my husband and I got engaged and they realised my last name would become Lister. :) Like you, I have a million lists with nothing crossed off. But I also have random lists, like books I want to read (which currently fills 2 small spiral notebooks) and baby names (for the kid my husband and I haven’t started working on yet).

Also, I would be so excited it if you got around to the oatmeal creme pie recipe! My 2 brothers and I used to go through a Sam’s Club-sized box of those things every week when we were kids. We were… surprisingly slim for the amount of crap we ate back then!

43. YUM! These look so tasty. I can’t wait to try them for breakfast :)

44. matt says:

Can you create a recipe for a blueberry pie prior to Thanksgiving by any chance? Any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated

45. Phoebe says:

Those look AMAZING!!!

I use lists every day, for everything! My productive life might end w/out them! 😛

46. Bird says:

I make lists in hopes to follow them and then just don’t ha Life always seems to get in the way 😉 and this recipe looks amazing, making it tonight for dinner :) .. oh my please make oatmeal creme pies :)

47. I think I have a pumpkin pancake recipe from you from a while back. I make them all the time but these one sound even better :)

48. Tatum says:

I do the same thing with lists! I also do the same with thing with notebooks and notepads. I’ve started so many and they are scattered around my house.

49. Kathy says:

I love pumpkin and I just happened to have some cooked pumpkin in the fridge from baking a mini pumpkin the day before. I was anxious to try these pancakes. They were awesome and they turned out exactly like the stack in the pictures! That’s a first! I like to try and always make healthy pancakes, but for some reason, when I try to “flip” them, they goosh up into a ball in the pan, stick and I end up with a gummy ball of unappealing dough on my plate. They always seem to not cook thru, even when they cook forever. This recipe turned out really nice. They were just a tad soft in the middle, but tasted cooked. Have some left over for tomorrow too. Loved the cinnamon taste in every bite!

50. Molly says:

Hey do you have any recipes for pumpkin pie filling/mix. Someone bought me this for a recipe that called for canned pumpkin but it doesn’t work

51. Chris says:

Yum, but totally stuck to pan. I ended up cooking them like scrambled eggs! I used coconut oil on the pan, then 2nd time tried with olive oil. – my 1st time trying to use GF flour (is not Bob’s, could not find it here). I did add the xanthan. Will try again. Another random Q: why the dry into the wet and not vice versa? Does it matter? thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Does not matter. You can do either.

52. Stephanie Adkins says:

These look delicious!! Is It possible to use oat flour or whole wheat flour?

53. Jenny says:

So the serving size is for half of the pancakes the batch will make ???

54. Laura B says:

Oh yum! I love pancakes and pumpkin pie, so these should be terrific. Thanks for sharing.

55. Bett says:

Do you have a recommended number of servings, as well as a liquid measure for how much batter each pancake takes? It’s impossible to judge size from a photo without anything to compare to. A little more info makes it easier for those of us watching our food intake to decide which recipes to make.

1. Bett says:

Oops just saw the nutrition info thingy. Nevermind ^_^

56. Robin says:

These were so scrumptious! I woke up with a ginormous waffle craving so I broke out the mini waffle maker (makes two small ones at a time) and turned this pancake batter into waffles! Topped with frozen blueberries, homemade coconut butter, and a tasty drizzle of maple syrup and my craving was more than satisfied. I used Bob’s whole grain spelt, unsweetened soy milk, stevia, and half a tbs of the whipped Earth Balance. My waffles were a little too mushy when they were done so I threw them in the toaster and they crisped up perfectly! Thanks, Katie!

57. Katie says:

Hi katie!!! By the way, I LOVE your name and your blog! Anyways, I was wondering what size pancakes you made? Also, if you love pumpkin pancakes like I do, you should know that Trader Joe’s™ makes an awesome pumpkin pancake mix!

58. bee says:

Yay for pumpkin pancakes! Thanks Katie.

I also have the same growing-number-of-lists problem. Sometimes I just have to start a new one for the sake of my sanity!

59. Erin says:

Wow! Just made these and hit the spot! Crazed pumpkin fan here and have been jonesing for some yummy pumpkin pancakes that weren’t horrible for you. Think this would be good to try in one of those oatmeal/cottage cheese pancake variations?

60. Emily says:

Do you know if this would work out in a waffle maker? Perhaps using a little less liquid?

1. Kelly says:

I actually did put these in my waffle maker, and it worked fine! To be fair, they were extremely thin (my waffle maker is a British one, and they don’t really do fluffy American-style waffles, sadly) and crispy, but delicious. I would probably put in a little less liquid next time to make them slightly less thin, but it’s definitely worth a try.

61. sassy girl says:

these are amazing! have made them 2X
    and didn’t use the x. gum and did NOT
    need it. used gf flour mix.
    upped the cinnamon. yummy. thnx katie!

62. Casey says:

Pumpkin Pancakes + Pumpkin Peanut Butter = Pumpkin-tastic
    Everyone should try it once. Mmm. 😀

63. Angela says:

Yummmm…I tried these this morning…and dropped in some chocolate chips!

64. Bailey says:

Quick question Kate if Bobs gf flour is 100 per 1/4 cup how does the calories in these pancakes turn out so low? I know dumb question, try to bare with me please. And thanks for the great recipes!

65. Kelsey says:

These didn’t turn out for me unfortunately :/ Followed the recipe, made small pancakes, and smushed them down until virtually paper thin – still wouldn’t cook through! Seems other commenters had the same problem so I’m not sure what when wrong. When I made the pineapple upside down pancakes they turned out beautifully!

66. Barbara says:

I tried these today with some store bought canned pumpkin. The pumpkin tasted weird on its own but purred and as pancakes it was soooo delicious!

I didn’t put sweetener into the dough but sprinkled some cocoa-powder and agave-sirup on top and dipped the pancakes in soy-yoghurt because I had no ice-cream.
    The perfect breakfast for a rainy Sunday.

67. Amelia says:

Katie, you’ve outdone yourself! I love these pancakes so much!! For a little extra excitement, I add some mini chocolate chips. The past couple of weeks, my Saturday morning has not been complete without these. Love all your recipes but this one is definitely is a true favorite. BTW – I follow your directions to a T except for the addition of choc chips! I use white whole wheat flour, canned pumpkin, stevia powder, a little over 1/2 cup of almond milk, and 1 tsp oil and they always turn out.

68. Kelly says:

I had the same multi-list problem, and just started a list notebook which I add to all the time.

69. Kelly M says:

I made the pumpkin pancakes this morning and definitely will not be the last time I make them! Everything I have made off of Katie’s website has been delicious and these continued that trend. Plus I like that the portion size is such that you actually get enough food to eat. :-) I paired this with some scrambled egg whites for the protein and had an awesome, filling breakfast. I actually made a second batch to throw in the freezer so I have something delicious and nutritious on those mornings when you are running behind.

70. Marisol Mejia says:

I dont have stevia do i need to use it in the recipe if so what can i use instead of stevia please help! ☺️

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

There is already a stevia free option listed in the recipe. :)

71. Busy Mom says:

Thanks for the yummy recipe! It’s nice having a good pancake recipe to go to when we’re out of eggs… especially if it includes pumpkin. :)

You can see my post about it here:

72. Lol, somehow I am envisioning the mayor from “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” here with the food requests =0). This looks yummy! Great job! Do you have a preference of spelt over wheat for a particular reason, or is it just what you might have on hand? We do a lot of different flours here since my son is GF and I do a lot of Trim Healthy Mama meals, so really all flours are used =0)

73. Yvonne says:

Holy yum these look deliciously amazing! I have some Spelt berries in the fridge waiting to be ground, so this is perfect. BTW, my brain is on overload with all the great recipes you have on your site — seem to be thinking about food ALL of the time now! Thank you for your awesome work. :)

74. Tangie says:

Hi Katie! Love your blog! I don’t have any Xanthan gum. What could I substitute for that? I want to make these pancakes this weekend. I love pumpkin any time of the year! I’ve recently started a GF diet per my doctor’s recommendation. Thanks!

75. Isabelle says:

These look AMAZING. I know what I’m making tomorrow!

76. Mairzy says:

I appreciate that so many of your recipes can be veganized. Baking can be so challenging and you’ve presented beautiful, healthy, delicious options. Thank you!

77. Malin says:

I just made these and they are amazing!! I love all of your pancakes, but these are my favourite so far. I added an egg to get more protein, but used all the same ingridients. I served them with maple syrup, fresh fruit and walnuts. Soooo good!! Thank you Katie!

78. Emily Rankin says:

I made these dairy free! I used sparkling water instead of milk and they turned out even fluffier and lighter. Yum AND it scales the calories back too because the water is calorie free.

79. Catherine B says:

Do I make lists? 😀 I’m going to Scotland in the fall and I have (serious control issues) a master list of lists in order to make sure I get everything done/purchased/researched.

I was just talking about pumpkin waffles with a friend of mine on Friday. I added cinnamon and nutmeg to the batter. It made for a wonderful flavour. It also got my daughter and I talking about pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pound cake. Now, if I have any left over, I will definitely be making pumpkin waf…pancakes! Not waffles. Yum.

80. katherine says:

would it work to make this batter and put it in the refridgerator overnight so I can have a quick breakfast in the morning? they look delicious:)

81. Meg says:

Since you love getting requests, here is one to add to your 9 pages! 😉 Pumpkin Spice Molten Lava cake. I had one at Chili’s last year, but won’t be able to get one this year since I am now sugar-free and grain-free. I made something similar the other day but the inside wasn’t as spectacular, still soft and moist but it seems like they had something gooey on the inside. It had whipped cream, caramel and cinnamon-sugar on top of it O-O. Major sugar rush!!!!!

82. janice says:

The taste was really good. I used sweet potatoe as that is what i had on hand. I thought i spread them out enough but still not enough as they were a tad soft in the middle. I will work on spreading them out more and cooking longer, trying not to burn them. I am going to bring some down to my little 1 1/2 year old friend who is going through a pancake only phase.

83. lailja says:

i do the same thing with lists…except i live in one room so they are all in one room. still manage to pile up and get “lost”. anywho…are these pancakes fluffy? i’d rather make them in the blender. any suggestions how not to “kill” the fluffiness by making them in the blender?

84. ERIN says:

I made these today. I love anything pumpkin flavor and glad fall is coming. I did not get 16. I thought I was making them small enough and only ended up with 12. I tried to look up the calorie count for 12 and it is not working. I tried and also I really like to know how much carbs and calories will be in my batch. Next time, I think I will add more milk.
    Keep up the great recipes. I just finished off the No Bake pumpkin oatmeal cookies. They were addicting.

85. Ev says:

Amazing recipe!! I added some tiny apple pieces to the batter to lighten it up a bit and it works beautifully! Mine were fat free and made with wholemeal flour so I had to add a bit more milk (unsweetened almond). They didn’t stick to the skillet and the overall flavour was amazing!!

86. Victor says:

This is by far my favorite recipe on your blog now!! I added less milk for thicker, denser pancakes, my preference and OH MY GOD….. It really as like eating pumpkin freakin’ pie. I I think making them denser, fatter/thicker actually makes them more like pumpkin pie too. On my next off day, I wanna make this again… But I’m torn because I wanna try the tiramisu pancakes as well… Maybe make both? hahaha

87. Joanna says:

Is there a secret for making pancakes perfect? I Made sure my cast iron and stainless steel frying pan were hot before putting the batter in but they still didn’t come out in one piece. I’ve had mixed result with different pancake recipes. They were delicious but broken-up-soggy-pancakes. Actually there were very delicious.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You just mean in general?
      I would not recommend using cast iron for pancakes, as I’ve never had success with that with any recipe. Also making them smaller is always a good idea. After that, it depends on the recipe.

88. Courtney says:

I’ve followed you since fall of last year when I found your site while doing a search for a cake without eggs for my son. I have kept your page open on my phone since- I’m always using your recipes. I’ve told pretty much everyone I know about how great you and your recipes are and, not to mention how beautiful you are. We aren’t vegan, we just think your recipes are fantastic and inventive. I never could understand why someone couldn’t create healthy recipes so you could eat the things you love every day. Well, finally some smart person did! So, thank you. I just made these pancakes for the first time and my teething toddler, who has not been in the mood to eat, was SHOVING them in his mouth. They were awesome- they taste just like pumpkin bread!

1. Courtney A. says:

89. Kathy says:

Katie, thanks for sharing this and all your amazing recipes 😉 As I sit here I’m enjoying these yummy pumpkin pancakes

90. Katy says:

These are the best eggless pancakes I’ve ever made!! I used ww flour and they still turned out light and fluffy. Also, I was out of pumpkin but had some leftover butternut squash purée. Practically the same thing, and with all the delicious spices you couldn’t tell the difference. :) Thanks for this healthy take on one of my favorite breakfasts!!

91. Carissa says:

Just made these. They’re awesome!

92. Kathryn says:

Made these for Saturday morning breakfast for my little boys. They turn out just like the ones you get in a (good) restaurant! Love them

93. Rachel says:

Wow I made these for Thanksgiving breakfast and they were heaven! I used the all purpose flour option and 1/2 cup of hemp milk. They had a great consistency and flavor. I didn’t substitute anything- I will say though I made this recipe twice because there is no way to get 16 pancakes out of this recipe. It makes 8 small pancakes (like about 5″ diameter”) which isn’t quite enough for two hungry adults. So I made it twice and we were stuffed. So Double or Triple this recipe! Delicious!!!

94. Viv says:

Really enjoyed these – thanks for such a delicious recipe.

95. Cassie says:

I know this SO defeats the purpose of the recipe, but can you sub the pumpkin puree for Greek yogurt?

96. Shirfa says:

Pumpkin Pancakes are delicious. Recommend using a good quality maple syrup.

97. Courtney A says:

Hi Katie,

I left a post last fall about how these awesome pancakes were the ONLY thing I could get my two year old to eat at times and I was wondering how I could make a larger batch. Doubling the recipe isn’t as good as it could be- the consistency is kinda mushy. Any help is really appreciated! Thanks again!

98. Mary says:

Oops, trying to print this recipe on my mac and it is blank except for the title. Hope this input is helpful.

99. lorianna says:

Ok seriously – I have made these every day for a week so far and see no end in sight!! The recipe actually only makes 7 pancakes but that’s good because it’s quicker to Cook! I spread some pumpkin butter on top, then I cut up some Jones natural sausage and mix it up with my cut up pancakes and maple syrup and have with my pumpkin spice coffee and it’s like autumn heaven every morning :) this is great!! Love it :)

100. Jessica says:

Thank you so much for including the new Weight Watchers points with all of your recipes. I’m just starting the program, and trying to make my food interesting yet still stay within my points.

101. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Ummmm… If you changed the amount of flour in the recipe, how on earth can you say you “followed the recipe exactly”? Sorry, but it is your own fault that your version did not turn out. I’d suggest googling to see that scaling recipes is not a good idea unless you are ok with a negative turnout. And saying you followed the recipe exactly is laughable.

102. Stephanie says:

Great recipe. My kids and I downed a double batch of these for breakfast, I served them with peanut butter and honey and they were so yummy. I love your website, so much awesome stuff here!

103. Linda schecter says:

I haven’t tried any of your recipies yet! Looking forward they sound great and healthy
    Linda Schecter