Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/06/02/chocolate-chip-banana-bread-mini-muffins/

As I hinted in my Chocolate Guinness Brownies post, there are probably quite a few things about me that, even in seven years of blogging, have never come up and might surprise some people!

For instance, I don’t know that I’ve ever mentioned on here how much I love to dance—any kind of dancing; I love it all. Pretty much every weekend, you can find me trying to persuade my friends to go out dancing with me. Sometimes they give in to my appeals, and we put on our comfortable shoes for a night on the town. (I once made the mistake of wearing heeled knee-high boots to go out dancing. Absolutely never again.)

Banana Mini Muffins

A couple of weeks ago, after friends stayed over following a night of dancing, I found myself in need of a quick and easy breakfast that I could make with limited supplies.

Because… you know… when your name is Chocolate-Covered Katie, it is expected that there will always be food at your apartment to feed your friends, regardless of whether or not you were out all night and therefore had no time to prepare said food.

These homemade mini muffins—inspired by my Homemade Hummingbird Cupcakes—were measured, baked, cooled, and plated before anyone else had even thought about waking up.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins

Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

(makes 30-35 mini or 11 large)

• 1 cup mashed banana (240g)
  • 2 tbsp milk of choice (30g)
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
  • 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil (30g)
  • 1 cup spelt or all-purpose or Bob’s gf flour (130g)
  • only if using the gf flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
  • 1/3 cup xylitol or sugar of choice (65g)
  • pinch stevia or 1 extra tbsp sugar of choice

*Note: You will get fewer muffins if omitting the chocolate chips. Preheat your oven to 350 F, and line a mini muffin tin with  liners. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients and stir well. Pour wet into dry, and stir until batter is just evenly mixed. Pour into the muffin liners and bake 15 minutes (19-20 minutes for regular-sized) or until muffins have domed and a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Allow to sit 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. After a day, it is best to refrigerate or freeze leftover muffins.

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Nutrition Facts

Vegan Mini Muffins

Mini Banana Bread Muffins  Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins

Question of the Day: Dancing: Do you love it or hate it?

protein bars

Link of the Day:  Homemade Chocolate Fudge Protein Bars

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Deanna says:

Yummm! Chocolate chips in the morning? Instant winner in my house 🙂
    And does dancing alone count? I don’t think I can don a pair of heels/sneakers and spend the night out. Too accident prone :/

2. Be says:

These look so incredibly good. I want to eat them all right now!

xx, Be || lovefrombe

3. bakeMeABallerina says:

dancing? LOVE it!!! Ever since I was 3.5! But I couldn’t dance at a party to save my life….It’s always been ballet for me!

4. Loved the Hummingbird Cupcakes, so I’m sure these will be amazing. Can’t wait to try!

5. Haha, a friend of mine was telling another friend that if they were ever hungry, they’d just come over to my place, cause I was always prepared 😛 The curse of having food blogs eh? I don’t mind though, the more the merrier, and you’ve always got enough to come up with sooooomething ^ ^

Mmm dancing, I am the kind of person that has to be in the mood for it (one of those people you probably try and convince every weekend :P). I did go on Saturday though, so much fun!
    These look scrumptious though! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I cannot believe how lovely and fluffy they look! Hope you’ve had a great start to your week 🙂

1. Lauren says:

Definitely the curse of having food blogs!!!! 🙂 But it’s a good curse.

I always enjoy whipping up yummy GF, vegan baked goods- but this can be tricky if you’ve had too many margs the night prior. :p

xo, Lauren

6. Love it, bananas add sweetness, yummy!

7. Looks like you had a lot of fun!! I love banana bread with chocolate. Your photos – and the photos of you and the muffin – are cute 🙂
    I don’t hate dancing, I’m just the most miserable dancer in the world, next to my husband. DH and I made total fools of ourselves on our wedding when we did the obligatory bride’s waltz to open the dancing LOL

8. Jessica says:

What is the purpose of pouring wet into dry? Im just curious because most recipes say to pour dry into wet. I don’t know the purpose of that either.

1. Miranda says:

Things mix more thoroughly if you mix like with like first (the main oddball is you should always treat sugar as a wet ingredient). You’re less likely to have a random clump or two of mostly baking powder/soda (bitter lumps) in your final product if you thoroughly mix the dry stuff together first. As for which you pour into the other, it’s more a preference thing. I find wet into dry easier because the wet stuff sinks into the dry stuff nicely, and also I personally am less likely to splatter the wet stuff all over. If I pour the dry ingredients, I usually end up with a floury mess.

9. Red says:

I Loooooove dancing. I am not exactly GOOD at it, but it doesn’t stop me from busting a move whenever I hear a song I like.

This includes car dancing, dancing at home, dancing at work, while walking down the street….

10. nice try says:

it seemed before like maybe you’d gained weight but now its obvious you still look just as anorexic but you got a boob job to try and hide it. but its not fooling anyone. nice try oh and your website sucks.

1. Sara says:

Rudest and most ridiculous comment ever.

2. blog trollers suck says:

Please take your unnecessary comments elsewhere. Katie — you look great and your recipes are fabulous. Ignore the haters.

3. Laura C says:

I can’t understand why you would even make this comment? You’re a bully and a good illustration with what’s wrong in our society 🙁

1. sarah says:

you are a perfect example of why the internet is dangerous…leaving an anonymous message to someone when you would never actually be able to say it to their face. this is what children (and adults, obviously) have to deal with. very sad. and cowardly.

katie, i was actually going to comment just to say that you look stunning!

2. sarah says:

that comment was meant for “nice try”, not you Laura C! 🙂

4. catta92 says:

“nice try” – maybe change that to try to be nice! One day you will be happy with yourself and don’t feel the need to put others down.

Katie, don’t listens to this comment, you look great.

1. catta92 says:

*listen

2. catta92 says:

Oops, i meant “listen”.

5. Laurie says:

Ha Yet this classy, beautiful, successful woman was way too busy to react to this person as he was trying to get attention in any way he could. Nice try though!

6. Ria says:

You’re so rude! Katie looks amazing and her blog is perfection <3 <3 <3

11. Marina says:

I’m a dancer, so I absolutely LOVE dancing!! I understand your constant begging of friends to go dancing, I deal with it all the time haha 🙂

12. Avery says:

These look so good! I can’t wait to try them later this week. Also, I’ve been obsessing over Trader Joe’s cookie butter lately. Any chance you could make a healthier/vegan version of it?

1. D says:

Hi, the site “foodie fiasco” created a Homemade Gluten Free Cookie Butter. I’ve never made it myself, but the comments seem good.

13. Sandi says:

Can you use oatmeal flour instead of regular?

14. Katie P says:

Can I use maple syrup instead of sugar? 🙂

15. Holly says:

These look so delicious! Might need to try them out myself.

16. These are so cute! Banana and chocolate is always a good combination 🙂

17. Jenny says:

I made these today and accidentally forgot to add the sugar. But they came out great! Very banana-y and chocolate-y. So you could definitely cut down on the sugar or leave it out entirely : )

18. Ilona says:

They look so delicious! 😀

19. Lisa says:

It’s recipes like this that make me wish I liked bananas more! I’m working on trying to like them, but it’s been a slow process. I love dancing! Party dancing, ballet, modern, salsa, swing, tap, jazz–any kind of dancing. Some of my happiest moments have been when I was dancing!

20. I LOVE to dance! I grew up dancing (my mom is a ballet teacher) so I always feel better when I start grooving to the beat! 😛