Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Raw Cheesecake Recipe

Have you ever tried a raw cheesecake recipe?

Recipe here:

If you’ve never tried making one, today’s recipe is great for beginners.

It only calls for 6 ingredients, and there’s no need for an oven. This raw cheesecake may look super fancy, but it could not be easier to make!

cashew cheesecake

So how does it taste?

With raw cheesecake, it’s almost like you are biting into a slice of cheesecake- flavored fudge. The texture is rich and velvety, and the cheesecake is meant to be savored slowly. Even a small slice is extremely satisfying and will give you a comfortable feeling of fullness without weighing you down.

The best part is that, once you know the basic recipe, customization options are wide open to you! Chocolate Brownie Raw Cheesecake? Mango Vanilla Raw Cheesecake? Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake? You can mix and match flavors to find your own ultimate raw cheesecake recipe.

When eating a raw cheesecake recipe, it’s best to not expect the cheesecake to taste exactly like your favorite non-raw cheesecake. Instead, enjoy this cheesecake in its own right. It is absolutely fantastic, and I hope you will love it as much as I do!

Print This Recipe 5/5

• 2 1/2 cups raw cashews or macadamia nuts
  • 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract, for a plain cheesecake)
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or raw agave (honey will work, but not for strict vegans)
  • 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup water (plus more for soaking cashews)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • optional: Blend strawberries with a little sweetener of choice for a sauce
Total Time: 15m
Yield: 1 Raw Cheesecake

Raw Cheesecake Recipe: In a cereal bowl, cover the cashews with water and let soak 8 hours or overnight. (If using the raw crust recipe below, you can make that while you wait.) Drain and pat completely dry. Combine all ingredients (including the 1/4 cup water) in a high-quality food processor or Vitamix and process for 6-7 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides. Pour into a prepared crust—either a graham cracker crust or the crust recipe below:

just over 1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/16 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
up to 1 tbsp water, if needed
Line a round 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine all crust ingredients except water in a high-quality food processor (not a blender) until fine crumbles form. If the mixture is too dry, add the water. Press the crust mixture into the prepared pan, then cover and freeze until ready to use. Store the raw cheesecake in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, and thaw 15-20 minutes before serving.

*View Raw Cheesecake Nutrition Information*

Raw Cheesecake

Question of the Day:

Once again, today’s question is unrelated to the post. Recently, I was thinking back to January’s Healthy Breakfast Month, where I posted only breakfast recipes for the entire month. What if I brought something like that back, with theme weeks—each week would be a different theme (for example, Oatmeal Week)? Would you be interested in seeing something like this?

healthy tiramisu

Healthy Tiramisu Recipe – Rich, creamy, and secretly GOOD for you!

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Very nice, I’m definitely going to try this!

2. Easy raw vegan cheesecake flavored fudge? I’m downnnnnn :)

3. Yum, yum, yum! This looks like the perfect base for some holiday-appropriate berries 😀 Thanks for sharing such an easy recipe.

4. Katie! What a simple and wonderful vegan cheesecake recipe! I’ve made something quite similar in the past!! I love freezing it into chocolate molds and sticking into banana soft serve for a treat (vegan cheesecake icream? yummmy!) Pinned!

5. Oh! This looks fantastic. Love the idea of the strawberry sauce. I wish I could eat cashews… or macadamia nuts. I think I am going to try a peanut butter version at some point with peanuts.

1. Maria G. says:

How about trying blanched almonds? They have a neutral flavor, even though they are hard to blend out completely for a smooth sauce. You could also try walnuts; they are easy to blend out, but they have a slightly bitter taste.

1. Chef Bug says:

I think Maria’s Suggestion for blanched almonds is a great substitute! You can also soak them overnight, and in a vitamin blender, they will blend smooth as well! I use blanched almonds for the base of a dip that I am in love with and it is very creamy in texture.

1. Chef Bug says:

Oops! Sorry for the double post and edit, I meant to say vitamix blender!

6. I like the sound of oatmeal week! Just got an huge 2kg bag of oats delivered! Single serving, oil-free, sugar-free? That’d be so so so awesome! Can’t wait to see what oatmeal creations you’ll make! 😀

7. D says:

More oatmeal recipes please!
    Could the pure maple syrup or raw agave be substituted for another ingredient?

1. Anna says:

She did list honey as another alternative

1. D says:

I’m a strict vegan, so I won’t use honey. Anything else I could substitute for this ingredient?

1. Anna says:

Perhaps brown rice syrup or coconut nectar syrup? Those are the only other liquid sweeteners I can think of. Or use sugar and add some extra liquid

2. Katie says:

Rice malt syrup is my alternative, tastes almost like honey too really, barely different

8. I’ve been trying to incorporate more raw meals into my diet and this looks simply divine! It doesn’t hurt that there’s no need to turn on the oven :) That makes it perfect for a nice summer dessert!

9. I’ve tried raw vegan cheesecake with cashews, would love to try a macadamia version, too. Macadamias – raw, unsalted macadamias – are ridiculously expensive here, though :(
    Your pictures are awesome as usual, such a stunning strawberry red 😀
    I’d like oatmeal recipes, too. Never can be wrong with oatmeal!

10. Abby says:

This looks awesome, Katie! I wish I could eat nuts. Maybe I’ll substitute it with tofu??? I’ll have to try it! Oh, and I absolutely love the idea for oatmeal week! :)
    I also just want to thank you for the wonderful recipes you bless the world with. My mom has a huge sweet tooth and she would be eating junk all the time if I didn’t make your recipes frequently. Thank you so much!! 😀

11. laura says:

This looks great, I love your emphasis on real foods (cashews, coconut oil etc) instead of trying to replace with fake, chemical-laden, fat-free ingredients! I will definitely be making this with the date nut crust in the future.

12. Lydia says:

Theme weeks sound like a great idea! Oatmeal, ice cream, breads… *daydreaming about food* I’ve never had cheesecake before and this looks like a perfect, easy recipe to try :)

13. monika says:

Could you substitute the 1/2 cup liquid sweetener with 1/2 cup nut milk + stevia?

14. This looks incredible! It really looks like the real thing! Raw cheesecake is my next thing im gonna make! :)

15. susi says:

Although this and a lot of your or raw/vegan recipes are considered to be healthy, i find that they contain too much ( of course healthy) fat. I mean healthy fats are also unhealthy if you have too much. i hate to use tons of nuts and cocnut oil stuff. there should be alternative healthy/semi healthy recipes out there

1. Tasha says:

I guess the idea is that, although these are healthy desserts, people should still treat them like desserts and eat them in moderation as part of a balanced diet. The fat content then becomes less of an issue.

I, for one, am thriving on a diet full of “good” fats. I’ve cut down my carbohydrate intake substantially, and protein and fat form most of my meals. My breakfast smoothies get dollops of nut butter added to them, lunch can easily involve half an avocado a day, and all my baking contains coconut oil. I am losing weight, gaining energy and my skin and hair is in great condition!

16. Ilona says:

This looks delicious!

17. I’ve been trying to incorporate more raw recipes in my every day meals. I appreciate how you specified this for “beginners” and it’s as simple and easy as I had imagined!

18. Kathryn says:

Katie, this looks amazing! I think theme weeks would be great, too! I love themes, especially oatmeal, chocolate, and delicious themes! :)

19. This looks great Katie! Such a lovely Summer dessert that isn’t too heavy, and with all that healthy fat from the nuts, you’ve got a reason to have a slice of this if anything 😀 x

20. Anthony says:

Theme Weeks sounds like a great idea. I am looking forward to Oatmeal Week. Thanks Katie for the awesome recipes you post.

21. Kathleen L says:

I would be interested in literally anything you post (for example, this cheesecake) so if theme week is what you’re feeling, theme week is what I encourage!

22. Reagan says:

I was so excited to see this post until I saw it needed nuts. Is there any sort of substitute for those of us with peanut/tree nut allergies?

I’d love a good cheesecake :)

1. EVA says:

She has her greek yogurt pies which are quite similar to cheesecake, at least in texture. Give ’em a go!

2. Anna says:

Check out her other cheesecake recipes. There are a few that are nut-free

3. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Try her Cappuccino Cloud Cheesecake or the Greek Yogurt Cheesecake:

4. Maria G. says:

Perhaps you could substitute with coconut butter… but you will need less than the 2 1/2 c. nuts…

1. Reagan says:

Thank you all for the comments. I will look at the other recipes with greek yogurt. Coconut products are out for me. No tree nuts or peanuts or seeds :(

23. Karen says:

Yum! And just in time for my birthday! Katie, you are a culinary GENIUS! And “theme weeks” sounds like a good idea.

24. Alpine Pedestrian says:

Is there any way to avoid using coconut oil in your recipes? This one probably needs it to help with the texture. But any mention of coconut sends me running to the rails. Would vegetable oil work?

1. Anna says:

Coconut oil solidifies when it’s cold, so I don’t think vegetable oil would have the same effect/texture

1. Sophie says:

cocoa butter would most likely work. it solidifies when cold as well (it’s a bit harder than coconut oil tho). it’s a little less moderate in flavour than coconut oil so your cheesecake might taste kinda cocoa buttery but tbh….is that really a bad thing?

25. Mmmmm… My favorite kind of cheesecake is always the no- bake ones. I love them so much.

26. EVA says:

YES YES YES I LOVE the theme weeks! Although I look forward to the surprise of what the next recipe may be, it’s even better themed because then I can meal plan for the rest of the week. I’m a big practicer of breakfast for every meal, so breakfast month was awesome!

27. OMG Oatmeal week would be the best! I love oatmeal so much. Then again, maybe Pancake Week – or Waffle Week (alliteration for the win!)

1. k says:

Yes! Waffle week please!

28. Ana says:

Oatmeal week? When? Next week????? Please???? I am waiting desperately to try your frapachino oatmeal!

29. LIENE says:

Looks delicioud! There should be more healthy desserts.

30. Christine says:

Looks great! Hope you’ll consider linking up to Good Food Fridays with us!

31. Abigail says:

Oatmeal week?!?! Yes! That would be awesome!

32. Steph says:

Yum, ymu, yum! I have to make this- thanks for the recipe!

33. Sarah says:

Strawberry Cheesecake is my favorite dessert (for reals) – totally pinning this and giving it a try! I like the idea of theme weeks; especially an “Oatmeal Week” seeing that I have oatmeal at least 5 days a week for breakfast! =P

34. Tammy & Katie says:

This looks really good! I can’t wait to try it! Theme weeks sound good!

35. This is perfect. I always want to try more raw baking but some overly complicated recipes with mile long ingredient lists are intimidating….thanks katie! :)

36. AnnaBananaBelle says:

This looks delicious! I’ve never had raw cheesecake before but I would definitely like to try it sometime. Oh btw, did i miss the giveaway winner announcement or does only the winner find out?

37. Sarah says:

Themes are awesome!

38. Antonia says:

I actually can not express in words the joy this cheesecake has brought to my life. Is that weird? Getting so much joy and happiness from a cheesecake that I can eat guilt-free (to an extent – I just woke up and ate some of this for breakfast haha oh dear), that is dairy-free, that doesn’t make my skin break out but actually does wonders for my health??
    If it’s wrong to be this excited about cake, I don’t want to be right. Thank you. Changed my life lol

39. Maria G. says:

I want to take a bite right now!!! The pictures are so appetizing. I was wondering whether you could substitute some of the nuts with cooked rice? I make delicious vegan dressings with cooked white rice and cashews, and the rice thickens when it sits just like the cashews do. That way you could make a lower-fat version that is less rich.

Regarding your theme-based recipes, I think I like the variety that you offer as it is now. :)

1. You can definitely experiment!

40. Nathalie says:

Hello katie, im making this cheesecake for the family reunion today, they’ve been asking for a cheesecake and what better than a healthy raw one? Anyway, i’m facing a slight problem, i do not have coconut oil, nor vegetable oil, the only two kinds i have are olive oil and sunflower oil :( do u have anything i can substitue it with? Please answer asap, the reunion is tonight

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

You will have to experiment, but be sure to report back if you do!

41. Adrienne says:

I made this cheesecake for my birthday today and it was awesome!! Thanks so much!!

1. Happy birthday! Thank you so much for trying it :)

42. Olivia N says:

Hey I was wondering if I could sub some of the agave out for xylitol? Thanks!

43. kaytee says:

Made this yesterday and it turned out pretty well, even though I struggle with US cup measurements (I’m in the UK). My base wasn’t really enough for a 9 inch tin but that may be my measurements… I love the base though, so simple. I used ground almonds (almond meal) which made it very quick and easy. I realised I haven’t seen a lot of ground almonds used in American recipes, although it’s a common baking ingredient over here, do you not see them in US supermarkets?

I didn’t have quite enough cashews on hand so tried to adjust the other ingredients but it ended up a bit too lemony. It’s all good experience for next time I make it though.

And yes I did have a piece for breakfast this morning! So lovely and filling :-)

44. Con Burke says:

I made it and it was FANTASTIC! I added 1/4 cup of blueberries to the already creamy filling, let the vitamix chop away for 20 seconds so the berries were chunky. PERFECTO. I knew I could rely on you to find the best raw cheesecake recipe. Thank you!

45. Leigh Benigni says:

I do not see how much strawberries this recipe calls for.

46. Lora Marie says:

Hi, Katie

I’m Lora and I work for Eluxe, which is a French-London based online magazine that is all about luxury, sustainable eco-friendly fashion, natural beauty and skincare products. We’re bringing more attention to our food articles, and with an editor that is firmly Vegan, its important to us to bring attention to a healthier way of eating, and promoting people in the industry that help.

We’ve just published a ’20 Raw Vegan Dessert Recipes’ article, and we included your Strawberry Cheesecake recipe. We absolutely love this recipe, and know our readers will as well. Please do check out the feature, and good luck with future recipes!

Kind regards,
    Lora Marie

47. dasha18 says:

Thank you for the raw cheesecake recipe. I made it for our Jewish Holiday, Shavuos which usually includes lots of unhealthy dairy meals and cheesecakes. It was a success (I did serve it frozen which was refreshing). My goal is to prepare healthy nutritiously dense foods for desserts and I find them all on your website. It’s like have a healthy sister cooking with me, instead of me preparing empty calorie junk food.

48. carla says:

Hi Katie,

I have a question. Do you freeze the crust with the cheese cake or you freeze them separately? I’m a bit confused about it.

49. Viktoria says:

Hello! Could you tell me what is the cup capacity?

50. Maya says:

I just wanted to say thank you for this easy recipe! I used 2/3 cashews, and 1/3 almonds for the filling, and it turned out beautiful. Going to top it with sour cherry compote made with with local cherries, tapioca starch, and honey from our bees. Yum! We are not vegan, but my daughter has a dairy allergy. So excited to serve this for dessert tonight :)

51. Avi Strauss says:

I run a vegan cheesecake company. It’s not raw. But I just wanted to say I loved the food photography. The whiteness of the cake and the red ofthe strawberries really pop. Great job!