Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownies

Thick, fudgy, peanut buttery brownies from scratch... you'll never go back to boxed brownie mix again. These are that good! Recipe here:

Should I hit “publish”? Millions of complete strangers are going to read what I’ve just written… is it really a good idea to get so personal? Someone could twist the meaning of my words, or I could unintentionally offend someone. What if I’ve worded something poorly and it comes across in a way I didn’t intend? There’s still time to back out!

This was me on Monday, before sending the Chocolate Covered Katie Anorexic? post out into the world.

Close eyes. Hit publish. Can’t back out now.

Thick, rich, fudgy peanut butter fudge brownies:

Whenever I publish a post, I try not to think about anyone reading; I try to pretend it’s back in the old days, like when I wrote my very first blog post and had exactly zero readers aside from myself. And maybe my dog.

Anyway, the worry was unfounded in this case. I’ve never been so moved by a response to a blog post as I was on Monday. Turning on the computer and seeing the kindness from readers around the world who took time out of their day to message someone they’d never met was so heartwarming. Hopefully this post does not sound too sappy… I can’t seem to find the right words for just how grateful I am for the support, compassion, and love.

You all mean the world to me. I hope you know that.

Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies

Peanut Butter Brownies

Now I’ll stop talking for a while, and—true Italian that I am—will instead express my gratitude through food.

These Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownies include many of the foods I love most in the world: peanut butter, chocolate, brownies, and… is there even anything else? Those are the only foods that matter, in my extraordinarily-humble (and not-at-all-biased) opinion. Thank you again for your kindness towards me… And enjoy the buckeye brownies!!

I only wish I could make and send them to you for real!

Vegan Brownies

Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownies

Brownie Layer:

• 1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk of choice (270g)
  • 2 tbsp flaxmeal (11g)
  • 1/2 cup plus 3 tbsp vegetable or coconut oil (110g)
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (15g)
  • 1 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour (120g)
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder (80g)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar or date sugar (115g)
  • 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • only if using Bob’s flour, add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
  • 1/3 cup stevia baking blend or regular sugar
  • 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, optional

Buckeye Brownies: Preheat your oven to 330F and grease a 9×13 pan. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all liquid ingredients with the flax. (Note: If baking with coconut oil, melt first and have all other liquid ingredients be at room temperature to prevent hardening.) In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients. Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan. Bake 16 minutes. Brownies will look underdone when they come out but this is okay! Let cool, then refrigerate overnight and the texture will firm up nicely. DO NOT frost and eat until the next day, as the taste and texture will change while they set. (If you’d prefer a flourless option, you can use 1.5x my Black Bean Brownies as the base instead.)

Peanut Butter Layer:

• 1 cup peanut butter, or allergy-friendly alternative (230g)
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice (120g), or more if needed
  • pinch stevia, or 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
  • 1/8 tsp salt

Do this after the brownies have set: Bring the peanut butter to room temperature if it’s been chilled, then stir all ingredients together until smooth. It will look thin at first, but keep stirring until it gets thick! Spread evenly over the brownies, then refrigerate at least 2 hours. Then make the chocolate, leaving the brownies in the fridge until the chocolate is already made:

Chocolate Layer:

• 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder (20g)
  • 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (15g)
  • 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil (38g) (Coconut-Free Option: You can just use melted chocolate chips for the top)

Stir together all ingredients until a thin sauce forms. If sauce is too thick, gently heat until thin. Spread evenly over the brownies, then immediately put back in the fridge to harden the coating. Once hard, you can cut the brownies. My trick is to cut brownies with a plastic knife, wiping the knife after every cut. Store leftovers in the fridge, or they are actually really good frozen as well!

See the following link for: Buckeye Brownies Nutrition Facts

Peanut Butter Buckeye Brownies

Question of the Day:

If you could choose just ONE favorite food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you choose?

Such a tough question! I’m not sure what my absolute favorite food would be! Oh wait… Yes I am. Winking smile

Girl Scout Cookie Pie

Link of the Day: Samoas Girl Scout Cookie Pie

Tags: , , , ,

1. Erica says:

I’m glad you’ve had an overall positive response to your last post!

As always, these look delicioussss!

2. Peanut butter and chocolate the best food combination known to man!!! 😉 Love that you used spelt flour… that is my favorite healthy flour to bake with. I’m also really glad that you hit publish on your previous post. I sure hope that your post puts all of those hurtful rumors to rest.

1. Rebekah says:

Well then you wouldn’t believe that my friends from South Africa believe that the American custom of eating peanut butter and chocolate together is disgusting! 😉

3. Kimberly says:

What a perfect expression of gratitude! I did not respond to your Monday post, but I was taken with how graciously you wrote about a difficult and personal topic. You have amazing recipes and some people feel like that is permission to meddle in your affairs. I love trying your yummy recipes and can’t wait to bite into these. Is 8am too early for chocolate? (NEVER!) :-)

4. Oh my gosh, you need to stop posting so many delicious recipes because I don’t have the time to try them all out. I’ll be adding this one to the list of things that I need to make and until that can happen I’ll just be sitting here staring at the beautiful photos on my screen. Yum!!

5. These look great!
    Pizza, hands down.

1. Denise M says:

I think I would have to agree w/ you on the pizza – as long as I am not restricted on the toppings! There are so many options of toppings (even dessert!)!!!! Can’t wait to get home and try these brownies – no oven in my travel trailer :( .

6. Judith says:

I think these look amazing and you are amazingly strong for being brave enough to post what you did. It takes a lot of inner strength to expose yourself to the world like that and you did. Good on you! I hope that you continue to do what is healthy for you and your body as well as you mind and know that a lot of people support you :-)

7. These look to.die.for. I love gooey brownies! PB and chocolate, you can’t go wrong.

8. Abby S. says:

These look absolutely delicious!!! And I would definitely choose apples, they give me energy and taste delicious! That natural sugar

9. EVA says:

Oh man….I wish you COULD mail them over! I’d gladly pay that postage. Oh well, I guess this means I’ll have to take matters into my own hands (literally). This recipe was more than enouh thanks. It looks mouthwatering!

If I could only eat one thing….hmmm….it might be raw creamy almond butter, cashews, or mushrooms. Really, I’m just nuts for nuts like that bird is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

10. omg these look like the best brownies I’ve ever seen! I just read your last post and I’m glad you dealt with the rumours!

11. Danika says:

I’m glad you received so many positive responses!! These brownies look incredible, and I also wish you could send them to us!! 😉

If I didn’t have to worry about my weight, I think I’d go with chocolate, for sure. Especially chocolate covered things. A chocolate bar is so much better when it has fruits and nuts in it.

12. Jessica says:

I must say, your brownies are absolutely heavenly!! Ever since I tried your black bean brownies I will never even look at another brownie recipe! Cannot wait to try these :)

13. Lilli says:

Looks fabulous. Just wondering if you generally calculate nutrition info including sugar or stevia? Thanks!

14. Katie, there’s a saying in German that says “As you shout into the forest, so will come the echo back”. You don’t spread anything around the web but kindness, fun and joy, so you will always receive this back, too. I’m glad you hit the post button and got all the positive response you deserve :)
    I was just going to repeat a recipe of nutella peanutbutter brownies which I had made two weeks ago, no I changed my mind and will try these, they sound too delicious!

15. Mike says:

Wow those look good.

16. Mary says:

Hi Katie!
    These look so yummy amazing! My son loves peanut butter and chocolate! BUT… You did it again! 😮 ( I left this question on FAQ the other day waiting for an answer)
    PLEASE let your readers know exactly what final ingredient YOU put into these delicious looking recipes! The milk of choice, all purpose flour or Bobs gluten, the sweetener of choice, vegetable oil or coconut oil… etc, etc … All of these in many different combinations make for many different final results, tastes and textures! So which are you using in the end? You don’t make that clear! Please… As I said you have a some coffee clutch mom fans here hoping you are more clear on YOUR final result of specific ingredients used when showing the lovely photograph of said finished product! Thanks !

1. Emma says:

Agreed. I THINK we’re supposed to assume that the final product has the combination of ingredients yielding the fewest calories and the largest number of servings (so, milk or applesauce instead of oil if given the option, stevia instead of sugar, no optional add-ins; and if the serving size at the top of the recipe says “serves 9-12,” assume the nutritional info is for 12 servings). I always calculate out the nutritional information myself for this very reason. While I appreciate the info being posted, I think it would be more helpful if it was accompanied by something to the effect of “Nutritional information based off of 12 servings, using almond milk, all sugar, and does not include optional chocolate chips.”
      Personally, seeing recipes divided into gram-size servings isn’t very helpful to me either, because let’s face it, who’s really going to plop a scoop of ice cream onto a food scale to weigh it (and moreover, who’s going to scoop some of that ice cream back into the container if it goes over the serving size?)?! Same thing with tablespoons– so maybe you could put something like “Makes eight 15-gram servings or roughly 8 tablespoons” instead. And I totally get what Mary is saying about the different textures, etc., of the finished product– for instance, if the only change you make in a cupcake recipe is using applesauce instead of pumpkin, the resulting cupcakes are a LOT fluffier with the applesauce than with the pumpkin. Different flours definitely affect the final outcome too, so a little more input on the finished product would be helpful as well, even though you’ve said before that you never put alternatives into a recipe without having tested them first– we’d just like to know how using each specific alternative affects the final result!
      Again, I appreciate the effort you put into your recipes and providing the nutritional data and alternatives, but taking one or two more (small) step(s) would be very beneficial to many of your readers!

2. Hi Mary,
      If an option is listed, please rest assured that means it has been tried. :) Most of my recipes will go through a trial with spelt flour, ap flour, and gluten free flour. (I have a friend who often does the gf option trials for me.) Same thing with the sugars; if it’s a recipe that has a stevia option and one that calls for pure maple syrup, both will have been tried before posting. For milk of choice, I use Silk almondmilk. Hope that helps!

1. Rosita says:

Wow, you have some demanding followers. What an amazing young woman you are. Take heart that there are thousands of us that read you but mostly say nothing. What you do is already so intensely written with care and a willingness to share so everyone benefits. I find it extraordinary that anyone would criticise or demand MORE from you. Keep going sweetie, you are amazing and and sincerely hope to see you all over the media being an outrageous success

17. Melody says:

Katie, We live on opposite sides of the country, but I really wanted to let you know I appreciated your post yesterday. Your openness and honesty are refreshing. When I look at your pictures, I see someone who is beautiful and healthy. I also wanted to let you know I appreciate you including the Weight Watchers point values in all your recipes as I am on the points plus plan and it really gives me license to enjoy. Everything you post is totally worth the points they cost! I’ve made your Samoas cookie/bars twice now because my kids scarfed down the entire first batch. I’m looking forward to trying these brownies…the pictures make my mouth water!

1. Emily M says:

Agree – I LOVE the weight watchers points plus! Until I get to a healthy weight, I have to watch these carefully. Once there, I can just go with a eat healthy and portion control method and hopefully not have to count anything. This healthy dessert blog really does help me stay on point, as it is.

18. Karen says:

Funny! I can soooo appreciate your feelings about hitting the publish button. I go through the same thought process. And then, I too, remind myself that I have few followers, so my chance of offending anyone is quite slim! Anyway…I totally appreciate your honesty and your willingness to share yourself with others. That is the reason I follow you. You are real to me!

19. Lauren says:

These look so good! :)

Do you have any new updates for us on your cookbook? I’m so excited for it!

1. Yes! I have not started promoting it because I don’t want to be too self-promotiony and mention it a million times before January and make you all hate me, but it’s actually available now :)

1. Samantha says:

What wonderful news! It is coming sooner than I thought! :) Sam

20. Sharon says:

Hey Katie!!
    Can you make a post about your must-have ingredients to make your basic sugar-free desserts? :-) Where do you get stevia for baking? Thanks so much for all your inspiring recipes and posts!! xoxo

1. Hi Sharon,
      I have a list of basics on this page:
      I get NuNaturals stevia either online or at Whole Foods.

21. Ella says:

These look so so so good! I didn’t get a chance to comment on it but your post was awesome and I give you major props for standing up to the rumors. You go, girl!

22. AnnaBananaBelle says:

oh my gosh these look incredible!!! I cannot wait to try them! I definitely could not choose just ONE food to eat for the rest of my life though! way too hard!

23. Kinzie says:

I didn’t realize it was possible for pictures of food to give me chills.

I may have a problem.

(also: these look delicious.)

24. Sherry says:

P-E-A-N-U-T B-U-T-T-E-R cannot live without it! :) or these Brownies!! Mmmmmmm…

25. belle says:

Mmmmm? ONE favorite food? Well, I’ve always said that bacon-wrapped cheese covered in chocolate and then fried and dipped in (really good homemade) ranch dressing or (really good homemade ) pico de gallo makes the world go ’round. Yuck, I know but you said only one food… this gets it all in there. 😉

Watermelon is good too. Haha.

Cheers Katie! Way to be appropriate in standing your ground and reaching out to those that need your love and encouragement and (gently and appropriately) chiding those that are out of line in their comments. As a former anorexic who will always struggle what what she sees in the mirror, I find you to be amazingly wonderful and balanced. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

1. Thank you so much. That comment really meant a lot to me :)

26. Mia says:

If I had to choose one food it’d have to be pizza! But chocolate and peanut butter is a close second.. I love that combo! These look delicious and I can’t wait to try them out!

27. Adriana says:

Katie, I have a couple questions: 1. Is flaxmeal like an egg substitute? Could you use egg or something else? 2. Could you use melted butter instead of oil? I realize this is probably a vegan recipe, but I was just wondering if changes would affect the taste/consistency at all. I love your website and the name! I am a chocolate lover as well and I appreciate your healthier alternatives. Thanks for sharing with us.

1. Chloe says:

Please, do not take it the wrong way, but I think it is a bit offensive to ask about eggs in a vegan blog.

28. Colleen says:

I cannot wait to try these! Buckeye brownies Are my favorite and I’m sure you’ve done them well :) Question – I have liquid stevia drops. How do I use them instead of the stevia you used? Will they work or will I lose too much bulk in the recipe?

1. Sorry, you will have to experiment, as I have never tried it.

29. Jessica says:

My issue is that most foods I could eat everyday for the rest of my life are NOT healthy. My choice today would be Cookie Dough Pop Tarts. If I had to eat healthy, it would be avocados.

30. Caitlyn says:

Hi Katie! I definitely relate to your feelings every time I write a post. I eventually got over my ‘publish’ fright after I realized no one really read my blog. About a week ago I almost had a heart attack when I first posted a link to my blog on my Facebook. Since then, my ‘publish’ hesitation is back.

It’s soothing to know you go through the same thing. I am inspired by reading your first blog post and love your website even more knowing how much it has evolved and grown since then. Keep up all the amazing work! Thank you for your candidness and honesty as well. As someone who has suffered in the past from similar running obsessions and health issues, I definitely appreciate you!

31. Andie says:

Katie, there are no words to describe what an awesome person you are!! the internet is lucky to have you post such fantastic recipes AND all of your non-recipe related posts are always great to read as well. I have been a longtime reader for years, and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate being able to see someone living such a full, happy, INSPIRING life that doesn’t involve calorie-counting, weight obsession, crash diets, or any other fad craze at the moment. Please never stop being you! After trying to fathom how people on the internet could say such mean things–that have no basis on reality–to someone else, the only possible conclusion I could come to is that they are jealous. Simple as that.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but would almonds work in your cashew ice cream recipe?

1. Thanks :)
      I’ve not tried it, but be sure to report back if you do!!

32. So great that you got a positive response to that post, it was an awesome post. And this recipe looks amazing, so much so that I might be dangerous to have in my house. Tough question on food, that’s hard to narrow down!

33. Amy Herskowitz says:

I am SOOOO making these when I go to Columbus in a few weeks.

34. carol wagner says:

Would this recipe work w/ almond flour or almond meal instead of the spelt flour?

35. Lydia says:

I love your blog so much that I was personally offended to hear that some people were so rude to you! I think you handled it very well though. Thank you for being such a kind person (and such a great baker :D).
    Peanut butter by far! I am to peanut butter as you are to chocolate. Can’t go a day without it! And brownies are definetly high on my fav foods list. These look incredible

36. Christine says:

Hi katie I am wondering what brand of baking stevia you use as well as date sugar? And what perfentage fat of milk is included in your nutrition facts?

1. NuNaturals stevia. No preference for date sugar. And I usually use Silk almondmilk as my milk of choice.

37. These look too darn good! Loving the chocolate layer on top, mmm 😀 x

38. How did you know that buckeyes are one of my FAVORITE THINGS EVAR? 😀

39. Mm says:

Those look amazing!! I can’t gain the freshman 15 if I eat those.. right?

40. Kara says:

Wow Katie! Talk of showing appreciation! When I saw the post on my blogger dashboard I was like “Yes, yes, yes!!!!”. I LOVE chocolate and I LOVE peanut butter. And being vegan I miss Reeses a lot. But … I think these definitely win! I just made Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownies a week or so ago so I’ll probably have to wait to make these … (not that I want to of course :) ) Thank you for this wonderful recipe and btw your last post was beautiful.

Man you are making my to-make dessert list so long … it’s like all the recipes on your blog plus a few others – lol 😉

41. Danie says:

Katie, you are AMAZING! Such a positive and inspirational person! As one commenter said, you get back what you send out! Thank you for your bravery and honesty with your post yesterday! It is hard to be so open in a forum where people can be so cruel. It takes a lot of courage to stand up for yourself, and you did so in such a graceful way.

I’m excited to try this recipe… though I’m thinking of making them in a mini-muffin tin so they are a little more “tidy” and bit size… Do you think this could work? Or, do you think it will be a disaster?

1. You can always experiment!

42. Alanna says:

ZOMG, these look and sound amazing!! And I would happily make a roadtrip to DC for you to make them for me. 😉 Must find time to make these soon!

Not sure if my comment posted on yesterday’s entry (was getting web error messages), but just in case wanted to re-iterate how wonderful you are. We are not one-size-fits-all, and your blog personifies this with your super-customizable recipes that are easily tailored to taste and dietary preferences. Keep doing your thing and don’t let the haters get you down!

1. Ooh sorry about that. My site was having all sorts of server issues on Monday. But I’m pretty sure I remember reading your comment on there! :)

43. These look amazing! Your blogging is awesome because it’s so authentic. I wish you could send me some of these too… but I guess I’ll just make them myself… right now :)

44. Liz says:

You rock. You’re beautiful. Love ya, thanks for the recipes. Don’t let the meanies get to ya!
    Xoxo God bless

45. Anna says:

No they look like the most perfect brownie in the world! So glad I have found your blog xx

46. Penny says:

It was a great post that you did on Monday :) and its so adorable that you want us to moonch on these brownies as well :) Have an epic weekend!
    Penny x

47. amy says:

Hey, I tried making these and my butter layer doesn’t look like the pic at all.. I did use almond and cashew and rice malt but I can’t see how the peanut butter and maple would have turned out like the pic either.. was it some particular brand of pb and some method of mixing?
    Thank you.. the brownie itself is well worth the overnight wait it’s delicious

1. Can you tell me how it looks? And what pb you used?

2. Karen says:

It is possible that you simply did not stir the pb mixture long enough. When I made it, it looked weird and lumpy at first but I just kept stirring and soon enough I got creamy perfection that looks exactly like the photos!

48. Liane says:

Wow!!! These look gorgeous. I want to eat them. Like, now.

49. K says:

I made these today!!! SO GOOD! thank you!

1. Thank you so much for trying them!!

50. trajayjay says:

Those brownies are extremely sexy.

51. Gemma says:

For pete’s sake! I can’t look at your pictures cause I’m getting some serious brownie-craving right now and it’s almost midnight…too late for me to run to the grocery shop and get all the ingredients I need.
    I must try this recipe, so delicious and decadent!

52. Kayla says:

This looks absolutely delicious! I think the chocolate on top is my favorite part :)

53. Juleigh Miller says:

Katie, I didn’t respond the other day to your post because so many had said what I was thinking. Let me just say that we all go through stages in our life that makes us who we are. Some of those are good and some are bad. I tell my children who are now adults, Never regret what or who your life brings to your door or even poor choices you make because all of that helps us grow into who we are to become. Dust yourself off and learn from it all! You are a celebrity of sorts and unfortunately you are therefore micro analyzed. I think you should be proud of who you are and your response to the haters! You are beautiful and talented! Keep up the good work!

54. Matea says:

Those brownies look mouth-wateringly good! I made a batch of brownies last week; if only I had seen this post, I could’ve added peanut butter and chocolate on top! Great idea!

55. Kat says:

This looks so good! Almost calls for a caramel layer too!

56. Maria G. says:

I would choose bread (if I could only eat one thing). However, I think my favorite dessert is … hmmm … ice cream … and then I am addicted to peanuts and peanut butter 😀
    And these bars – I’m sure they are yummmmmmmmmy – and they have peanut butter!

57. Kira says:

Considering everything you so kindly and generously give of yourself to us, you deserve nothing less than all the support and compassion in the world in return.

58. JUST discovered your website tonight (via a link from Slender Kitchen)….OH.MY.CHOCOHOLIC .HEART!!!!! I LOVE that you have recipes for things I would really ‘try’….and THANK YOU for listing WW points in your nutritional info! As a WW 70lb ‘loser’ with a sweet tooth …. You are my new HERO!!!

59. You are amazing Katie and I have so much respect for you publishing your previous post! :) I can’t think of a better way to show love than through these amazing looking brownies – Pinned!

60. Samantha says:

Brownies made! The wait. Sigh. If you can’t wait like me and scooped a corner out it is like an amazing lava cake. I will frost the rest. Tomorrow. :)

1. Samantha says:

Amazing! I am really pleased with them. I almost didn’t frost them because the brownies are pretty good on their own, but the frosting definitely completed them. Wow.

61. Faigy says:

Has anybody tried making these with almond flour? Any suggestions on how to make the substitution?

62. Emily Morris says:

Glad you got such a good response. These brownies look amazing!! I am super lovin’ the chocolate, peanut butter combo!

63. Mandy says:

I wish I had found your blog closer to the time when it was you and your dog. Seriously, why did it take me this long to jump on board??

64. Alexis says:

I asked my work colleagues this same question recently. I was thinking that my answer would be fresh raspberries because they are so good and so expensive in Australia! However they decided it would be burritos and burritos made me reconsider my answer. I love black bean burritos!!

I also liked your last post! Your recipes are excellent and I make them frequently and bring treats to share at work (it’s vegan but I swear it’s good!!)

65. Chrisy says:

OMG! These look amazing!! I LOVE YOUR RECIPES!!! I am now doing Gf and SF and these are perfect!! :) Thank you so much for your awesome recipes!!

66. Awwww….this post just made me a little teary-eyed myself. You were THE FIRST food blog I’ve EVER followed, and I wasn’t vegan (I call myself plant-based) back then. I was in school working toward my Master’s degree in Nutrition and…because I have a MAJOR sweet tooth and was super stressed during, oh I don’t know 99% of the 3 years it took for me to get my MS, well, I ate a lot of chocolate – LOL. But because I try to be as healthy as possible at the same time as satisfying my super ridiculous cravings I searched for recipes online and that’s when I came across your blog and FELL IN LOVE! And now that I have my own website/blog it was inspiring to hear you talk about back in the day when no one read your blog because that’s where I am now and sometimes I feel like, “what’s the point?” Anyway…sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to let you know that I adore you – both your warm personality and your DELICIOUS recipes and I’m seriously going to make these right now. Not even kidding. I have all the ingredients. 😀 …hopefully I don’t eat them all before my BF gets home :O

67. Lori says:

These are great! We like them frozen too. Thanks!

68. vogelstar says:

Katie I have followed your site for years, rarely ever commenting but I feel compelled to do so now. Know that the majority of your readers are inspired by your creativity, your class, and your wisdom. And also by the bright positive energy that you transmit through your comments and your recipes. Anyone who can’t see this and who tries to bring negativity your way, should be sent love because that’s what they need the most. Stay strong and positive and beautiful.

69. Sandy says:

I finished making these last night. These are SOOOOO wonderful! I cut my pan into 42 pieces like you said and my husband and I each had 2. I am not a big chocolate fan but I really LOVED these! Thank you for the wonderful brownies! :)

70. Ola says:

My godness!!! THIS is amazing!!! I’m on a healthy “diet” since february and sometimes I have cravings for something sweet and thanks to YOU I know where I can find the best recipes ❤ I did this brownie but with cherry mousse instead of peanut butter and even my family loved it haha 😉 and they don’t usually are keen on my “creations” :) thank you dear! :)

71. “1/3 cup stevia baking blend or regular sugar” — if I used regular sugar, how much should I use?

1. Okay, so I went with quadrupling the sugar based on this chart:

I also used real eggs and subtracted 6 T liquid. My brownies were a little bit cakey but still dense and delicious. I love how you don’t rely on butter or margarine for the peanut butter layer. It’s rare to find recipes that make peanut butter fillings like that, but I find that it’s perfectly creamy and tasty.

My mother complained that I didn’t make enough and need to make it again!

72. This looks amazing! You are always so creative!

73. Karen says:

Thanks to my making these brownies, I now know the answer to the question of the day on this post: THESE BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are definitely the best brownies I’ve ever made and I was not able to stop eating them at just one. They are so, so good! They’re like Reese’s peanut butter cups only better!

74. angie says:

Hi Katie, do you think that applesauce or Greek yogurt is a good substitute for 1/4-1/2 the amount of butter/oil in brownies?

75. OMG these look so good. But is there a way I can cheat out of putting them in the fridge overnight? Like can I put it in the freezer for eight hours (I know it’s a bad idea but…)

76. michelle says:

your recipes look very good, but there is know place that they can be printed.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

To print, highlight just the recipe itself and right-click “Copy.” Then open a new Word document and right-click “Paste.” You can name and save this file, and print easily from that point.

77. Maria says:

Should I let these come to room temperature before cutting and serving? I just frosted them with the nut butter spread and they seem super hard. Thanks!

78. Elaine says:

Has anyone used stevia for the date sugar? And what is baking stevia? Thank you for all these great ways to eat my favorite food group.

79. Heather says:

Hello you beautiful person! I just love your blog!!! and particularly this one for all the goey yummy treats I will be making my family in the near future. Thank you for your dedication and experimentation. :)

80. Heather says:

Hello you beautiful person! Thank you for your dedication and experimentation. :) I will be making many of the above treats for my family in the very near future!

81. Caroline says:

Chocolate and peanut butter is by far the best mix ever.

82. Thanks for sharing♡♡

83. Michelle says:

I love your blog, have tried MANY of your recipes and I believe this one is my absolute favorite!

84. Cathy says:

I can’t find your link to black bean brownies…it’s no longer on your website?

85. lori says:

i really hope this is a typo on oven temp … 350, right? :)

1. Oven temp is correct as written.

86. lori says:

These were fantastic!!! Huge hit at the New Year’s party!! So delicious and not crazy sweet. I worried these might be too rich but they are perfect! Those who don’t love super sweet desserts will also enjoy these alongside us chocoholics.

87. Ashley says:

Have you ever made a brownie recipe using black beans? I have seen a few floating around, wanted to try but was unsure if it would be “good for healthy” or just plain good :)

88. Dominika says:

Dear Katie, I just discovered your website and it’s totally awesome, I love making healthier desserts and I will definitely try your recipes. These choco peanut butter brownies look amazing :-)

89. Matt says:

Do you have nutrition facts for this recipe by chance?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

They are listed right there in the post…

90. Jenay Green says:

These look awesome! I love buckeyes. I am a blogger, nutrition coach, personal trainer, and I use to own a gym. I have known I need to stay away from the processed treats, but I love chocolate so much and I am in heaven at your website. I will be sharing all your desserts that I try and love! keep up the amazing work. Your blog is very clean, easy to follow , and has great content. I am so glad I found you!

91. Katie says:

You are a wonderful person, Katie. Keep doing what you’re doing and thank you for empowering us through your beautiful self.

92. michelle says:

What does flaxmeal means? I am from Argentina and there are a lot of terms, or may even be products that do not exist here, that i dont understan, thanks!

1. DJ HIXSON says:

it is ground flaxseeds

93. chris says:

I made these (vegan, with almond milk) and they were GREAT. I purposefully baked them for a shorter time so they would be more fudgy and underdone and they are ridiculously good- thanks for a great recipe.

94. DJ HIXSON says:

when u say 3 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil, are you saying you can use canola oil or is it supposed to be a solid?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says: