Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

Creamy, dreamy, and secretly healthy chocolate fudgsicles!

Super Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles
pin-it

A cool summer breeze.

Untied shoelaces.

And chocolate dripping down my face.

My favorite thing about being a kid on summer vacation was the freedom.

You could sleep til noon. Play hide and seek with your neighborhood friends. Splash around in the community pool.

No one would make you get out to do your homework.

When it got really hot, you’d cool off with a chilly chocolate fudgsicle. To me, fudgsicles are the epitome of summer.

Fudgsicles, fresh watermelon, barbecues, and flip flops.

But mostly, fudgsicles.

Even as a little girl, I was all about the chocolate.

You May Also Like: Vegan Brownies – Reader Favorite Recipe

Vegan Chocolate Fudge Pops
pin-it

A few days ago, I broke out the popsicle-makers for the first time this summer, christening them with a healthier version of my beloved childhood chocolate fudgsicles.

Unlike traditional fudgsicles, this version has no high fructose corn syrup or processed ingredients you can’t pronounce.

These healthy chocolate fudgsicles are completely free of added sugar.

But just like the packaged pops, they are creamy and chocolatey and delicious.

Emphasis on delicious.

Trending Right Now: Almond Milk Ice Cream

5 Ingredient Creamy Chocolate Fudgsicles
pin-it

Popsicle Tips & Tricks

• If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use paper cups instead and insert a small spoon as the stick.
  • Wooden popsicle sticks are available at most craft stores. To get them to stay upright, I like to freeze the popsicles for about a half hour–until firm but not rock hard–and the insert the sticks so they don’t move around.
  • To remove popsicles that will not budge from the molds, run them under room temperature water for about 15-20 seconds, then gently twist.
Secretly Healthy Chocolate Fudge Popsicles
pin-it
Pin it now to save for laterPin Recipe

Healthy Chocolate Fudgsicles

Creamy and delicious chocolate fudge pops.
5/5 (7)
Total Time 5 minutes
Yield 5 – 6 popsicles

Ingredients

• 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup milk of choice (see note below)
  • 2 small ripe bananas, or use this banana-free version
  • pinch salt (scant 1/16 tsp)
  • sweetener of choice
  • optional 2-3 tbsp peanut butter or melted chocolate chips

Instructions

• For creamiest and richest results, use either canned full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream OR use milk of choice and add 2 tbsp nut butter (almond, cashew, macadamia, sunflower, etc.).
    To make the recipe, combine everything with a blender or by hand until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze. Easy, right? As I said, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! A good way to remove pops is to run the popsicle mold under room-temp water for about 15 seconds, then gently twist.
    View Nutrition Facts

Notes

Leftover chocolate? Make this Vegan Chocolate Pie.

Have you made this recipe?

Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram

Trending Recipes This Week:

vegan peanut butter cookies

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

How to cook sweet potatoes

How To Cook Sweet PotatoesThe Better Way

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

233 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Alexandra says

hi katie! your fudgesicles look good. OH! i just wanted to tell you — yesterday i made chocolate chip banana bread and then ate a big piece with breakfast today. chocolate with breakfast made me think of you, so i thought i’d drop in and let you know 🙂 have a chocolate-covered day!

xx alexandra

2. Ellen says

Oh wow, I have a fudgesicle addiction, these could be good for me:) what I love about summer is that somehow it feels like you are on vacation, even if you have a lot of work. Maybe it’s that it stays light so late that I stay up later which feels like the weekend…until my alarm goes off in the morning:)

3. Lori says

I have got to make these, my kids will love them! Ok, forget my kids, I will love them! 😉
    Did you use canned coconut milk or refrigerated?

4. Julene says

Depending what kind of money you’re looking to spend, I think the smallest plan available via HostGator.com – plus they offer 24/7 phone & online support. For your money I think it’s probably your best investment. I’ve used them for a blog of mine for the last 2 years and remain very, very impressed with them.

5. Aine @ Something to Chew Over says

Yummy! I love the combo of chocolate, coconut and banana 🙂

I spent my summers at the stables – I was pony-crazy! Also reading, bike-rides and swimming.

6. Ragnhild says

I am always hungry for more chocolate! These looks insanly good!! I have actually never had fudge sicles :O Shame on me, I NEED to do something about that!

7. Lorin says

Oh those look delish! Btw I made your brownie batter pancakes and they were really good! I couldn’t help myself and on one of them I put a few little dots of chocolate syrup, definitely wasn’t overkill 🙂 But seriously, I’m happy for you with all the traffic you’ve been getting. A few weeks ago I was with my friend who used to be in Honors Genetics with me in high school (1 1/2 year ago) and she still asked if I’m following “chocolate covered girl”. I used to read your blog at the end of senior year on the computers when all the seniors were working on our “projects”. Haha and I still do and you are on of my favorites! Everyone that I’ve shared food with that I’ve made from your blog loves it, especially the cookie pie! Oh I was also just wondering if you have an idea to when the chia seeds from the contest will arrive? It’s no worries if it’s a couple weeks, I just want to have an idea 🙂

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Hey Lorin! Hmmm… Elana actually just emailed and asked if everyone got them ok. I told her I’d let her know if someone hadn’t. So I’m sending her your info right now. (I copied you on the email.)

And your story made me smile so much!!!

8. Sarahishealthy says

Just took one out of the freezer.

Sorry but this doesn’t taste like a fudgsicle… it’s ONE HUNDRED times BETTER!!!!!!
    So creamy and delicious. I can’t believe there’s no sugar in here! You’ve done it again, miss genius CCK! 🙂

9. [email protected] says

Brilliant pictures; they look so creamy! I love that there’s a special tab for chocolate too 🙂
    My favourite thing about summer is heat, light evenings, fresh fruit and veg… actually, everything about it!

10. Kristin @ STUFT Mama says

Katie- I’m so excited for you and your blog success. 😉 And… I know this doesn’t answer your question, but I just made your cookie batter dip and it was AMAZING! I can’t wait to post about it! You rock! Summer……. who the heck knows what I did. I think I spent a lot of time at the mall looking for boys. ha ha ha! Now I LOVE spending time with MY BOYS (1 1/2 year old twins). Keep up the good work!

11. Lisa C says

Oh my goodness, yum! These look good enough to eat off the screen. I would love a real cookbook from you, where I can flip through the photos… and maybe rip them out and put them up on my wall as art ;).

Would that be terrible of me, ripping the book up like that? Maybe I’d have to buy two ;).

• Rebecca says

I work in publishing so perhaps I can get one to review…wouldn’t that be awesome! (although I am *terrible* about planning ahead..soaking nuts/beans? forget it! However, I have managed to keep an ice cream maker canister in my freezer at all times…unfortunately ice cream makers never seem to work too well for me. I think I make quantities that are too small for the machines I try. Lesson learned: Make more ice cream!)

12. Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga says

The meltiness of those fudgsicles looks….PERFECT!! Katie, you captured fudgsicles at their finest; not easy to work with steam or ice on camera, but you succeeded.

The recipe looks stellar and easy! love it!!

And congrats on having a huge last couple of months. Switching servers, ahhh, but these are good problems to have, right? 🙂 I know we’re both with Bluehost right now. If/when you make a move, I’d love to know what you end up doing. Email me, have a couple things to mention to you 🙂

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

Hahaha yeah those little devils kept melting on me! Not as bad as a certain recipe I’m posting next week, though… it literally was a pool of liquid before I even took one shot. Now I am starting to understand why they use plastic food when they bring out the dessert trays at restaurants!

P.S. sorry I havent emailed back yet. I have been MAJOR swamped… but I will get to it, I promise!

13. Leslie says

Gorgeous pictures, my friend. I think I like the last one best. And the recipe sounds absolutely perfect for the kind of weather we’re having over here. I think I might need to make these tomorrow, as soon as I replenish my stock of bananas!

14. Kate says

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am eating one as I type this. I think I just found my new favorite snack. Can’t get over the awesome nutritional stats either! 🙂

15. Tara says

Oh my gosh, i LOVE fudgesicles. My best friend and I used to eat them everyday with my best friend. They came as two pops connected to be one, so we would perform “surgery” and cut it down the middle. Chocolate is best when shared amongst friends 🙂 definitely one of my favorite summer memories!

16. [email protected] of Sugar Free says

YUUUUMMMMMYYYYY!!! Makes me want to lick it up-now!

Summer as a kid….tennis camp and swimming after…..summer now…..pretty much the same routine-with a whole lot more work thrown in!

• Chocolate-Covered Katie says

LOL I think the ones I used in the photos are from China! They actually have bunny ears on the bottoms (but I inserted popsicle sticks instead, for appearance sake, for the photos). Bed, Bath, Beyond has pop molds, though… and they always have coupons to print online as well ;).

17. Albizia says

Now I know what my version was missing! Banana! I must try again. And I suppose it will be hot at least till October so I can eat a lot of these 😉 .

My favorite thing to do during the summer has always been swimming. The beach was like 20 minutes away from home (on foot!) and I used to go there everyday. Now the sea is away, it is too hot to do anything and I don’t even have a summer vacation. Blah!

18. Rebecca says

These sound good. I’m curious to see what they’d be like with almond or rice milk. Ooo and what if you mixed nuts in. I might be doing some experimenting over the weekend.

Summers as a kid meant vacations, swimming, tennis, friends and lots of freetime 🙂 I miss being a kid.