Creamy, dreamy, smooth, classic, and completely dairy free homemade oat milk ice cream.
And just 4 ingredients
Making your own nondairy oat milk ice cream at home is so easy, you might never want to go out for ice cream ever again.
Also Try This: Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
Oat Milk Ice Cream Flavors
Chocolate: Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the base recipe below.
Banana: Sub half a cup of the oat milk for one ripe mashed banana.
Cookie Dough: Make up the base recipe below, and stir in your favorite cookie dough or this Chickpea Cookie Dough!
Chocolate Fudge Swirl: Carefully melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Stir in 3 tbsp canned coconut milk until smooth. Let cool before swirling into ice cream.
Coffee: Add 2 tsp instant coffee to the base recipe before freezing. After blending into ice cream, you can also add chopped chocolate or the swirl idea above.
Leftover Oats? Make These Oatmeal Muffins
What’s your dream oatmilk ice cream?
I am a mint chocolate chip girl, all the way.
To make mint chocolate chip, simply follow the base recipe below using a neutral nut butter such as raw cashew or coconut butter.
Add 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract (not regular mint or imitation peppermint), or more for a stronger flavor.
Trending Now: Vegan Cheesecake Recipe – NO Cashews
Ice Cream Topping Ideas
Sliced banana or strawberries
Sprinkles, shredded coconut, or mini chocolate chips
Chocolate syrup, cherries or raspberries, and Coconut Whipped Cream!
Above – Watch the video how to make oat milk ice cream!
Oat Milk Ice Cream
- 2 cups store-bought or homemade oat milk
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice, or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- optional add ins (see earlier in this post for flavor ideas)
- *If you don’t have an ice cream maker or high-speed blender, see these directions.Whisk all ingredients together. If using an ice cream maker, pour the mixture in and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific machine. Or if you have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, pour into ice cube trays and freeze, then blend the ice cubes until smooth, using the tamper to blend evenly. Either serve straight from the machine or freeze up to an hour for a firmer texture. Because of the lack of preservatives, homemade ice cream is best the day it’s made, although you can technically freeze up to a month and thaw before serving.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Ice Cream Recipes
Dole Whip – a homemade version of the Disney classic
Banana Ice Cream – 10 NEW flavors