Deliciously smooth and ultra creamy almond milk ice cream, made with just 5 ingredients!
Homemade Almond Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Whether you’re vegan, trying to cut back on dairy, or simply curious to try something new, almond milk ice cream is the perfect choice.
Dairy free ice cream is hugely popular right now, and even mainstream companies such as Halo Top, Haagen Dasz, Breyers, So Delicious, and Ben & Jerry’s are jumping on board, offering their own lines of nondairy ice cream flavors in regular grocery stores nationwide.
But almond milk ice cream definitely isn’t new for me – I’ve been making it for over a decade!
And today this creamy almond milk ice cream joins the growing list of vegan ice cream recipes I’ve posted on the blog, including all of the following:
How To Make Ice Cream With Almond Milk
And it can also be dairy free, corn syrup free, banana free, sugar free, and nut free (no cashews), with no preservatives or xanthan gum, and no ice cream maker required.
Almond Milk Ice Cream Flavors
Chocolate: Follow the recipe for vanilla almond milk ice cream below, and add 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder. Feel free to throw in some chocolate chips or pieces of Vegan Brownies after churning!
Mint Chocolate Chip: Use a neutral nut butter such as raw cashew or coconut butter in the base recipe below, and add 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract, or more for a stronger mint flavor. Be sure your extract says pure and peppermint on the label.
Peanut Butter: Choose peanut butter in the recipe below, and increase it to 2/3 cup for a stronger peanut butter flavor if desired.
Strawberry: Use only 1 1/2 cups almond milk in the recipe below. Add 1/2 cup mashed strawberries, and use a neutral nut butter such as raw cashew or coconut butter. Stir in 1/2 cup diced strawberries if desired just before serving.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: Use the base recipe below, and stir in pieces of your favorite cookie dough or the dough of any of these healthy cookies recipes.
The base recipe can be no churn, sugar free, low carb, keto, and of course vegan.
And yes, other types of milk—such as soymilk, coconut milk, and cashew milk—work for this ice cream as well. One of my favorites is Almond Breeze almond cashew blend, or you can even make your own almond milk or Oat Milk at home and use that!
Above – watch the video how to make almond milk ice cream!
Almond Milk Ice Cream
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice, or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup sweetener of choice, sugar free if desired
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- *If you don’t have an ice cream maker or high-speed blender, see these directions.Whisk together all ingredients. If you have an ice cream maker, simply pour the mixture in and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions for your specific machine. Or if you have a high-speed blender such as a vitamix, pour the whisked ingredients into ice cube trays and freeze, then blend the frozen cubes until smooth, using the machine’s tamper to help it blend evenly. Either eat straight from the machine or freeze an hour for a firmer texture. Due to the lack of preservatives and filler ingredients, homemade ice cream is best the day it’s made – however you can technically freeze for up to a month and thaw before eating.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Current Reader Favorite Recipes:
Black Bean Brownies – NO Flour Required
Huge thanks to Almond Breeze for sponsoring this post. Their cashew and almond milks have been my go-to nondairy milks for more than a decade, so I was really excited for the chance to work with them. The recipe and opinions in the post are my own.