Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

With a simple cookies ‘n cream filling sandwiched between each fluffy chocolate layer. It’s enough to make Michelle Obama call a state of emergency for the breakfast table!

But the First Lady needn’t worry, as these decadent Oreo pancakes pose no threat whatsoever to her Let’s Move campaign for healthier kids. They are secretly filled with fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, probiotics, and the most important healthy ingredient of all: chocolate.

oreo pancakes

This weekend I had fun playing host to a friend from middle school and her daughter, Kristin (whom I’ve mentioned before on the blog). I told Kristin I would make her anything she wanted for breakfast, and she got a mischievous look in her eye and said, “Oreo cookies!”

So I asked her, “What about Oreo pancakes?” and she decided that was an even better idea than cookies.

cookie pancakes

If it were up to me, I would’ve made a frosting with coconut butter. (I am so predictable.) But Kristin doesn’t like coconut butter. In her words, it is “yucky.” So we went vanilla yogurt instead.

The pancakes themselves are actually not based on my Brownie Batter Pancakes. I wanted to try something new this time: Lately I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with vinegar—it adds a lightness to baked goods, which can be enormously beneficial when using whole-grain flours. The pancakes turned out light and fluffy without the need for any eggs.

oreo cookie pancakes    Your kids will definitely roll out of bed for these chocolate oreo cookie pancakes from @choccoveredkt - with a secretly healthy cream filling!

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

(serves 1)

• 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar (2g)
  • 5 tbsp milk of choice (75g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
  • 1 tbsp coconut or veg oil (sub applesauce only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes.) (10g)
  • 1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose) (34g)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (7g)
  • 1 stevia packet or 1 tbsp sugar (or 1 tbsp agave and decrease milk by that amount)
  • 1-2 crushed Oreo-style cookies or Healthy Oreos
  • 1/2 container vanilla yogurt of choice (I used SoDelicious coconut) (80g)

In a small measuring glass, combine first four ingredients and whisk. Set aside. Combine next 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place a non-stick pan, greased with either oil or oil spray, over medium heat. While it heats, turn your attention back to the food: pour wet into dry and stir until just mixed. (Don’t over-mix.) Then cook your pancakes (I did mine in two batches), adjusting the heat a little lower if necessary. Flip when bubbles appear and the sides are just cooked enough to flip without breaking. Meanwhile, combine the final two ingredients, then spread on cooked pancakes. Recipe makes 7-8 silver dollar pancakes, as shown in the photos.

View Oreo Pancakes Nutrition Facts

oreo cookie pancakes

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and National Pancake Day!

Link of the Day: 12 Healthy Pancake Recipes

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Allison says:

OMG. I cannot handle this. I need to make them immediately :)

2. m says:

Thank you for a recipe without coconut butter! I too think it is yucky

1. Karen says:

LOL, my husband thinks it is yucky, my 5 year old thinks it is yucky, I like it, but unfortunately, my 2 year old is allergic. So I am outvoted. So I am happy to have a recipe without it (my 5 year old’s 2 favorite things to eat are oreos and pancakes)

2. Haha… I so agree with you! I acutally like coconut butter. But I don’t want everything to taste like coconut =(

3. Michelle says:

This looks incredible!

4. I’m so over Mardi Gras (it’s like a month long holiday down here!) but I will embrace National Pancake Day!

5. Emilia says:

Love, love, love! Cookies and cream has got to be one of my favorite flavor combinations ever, having it for breakfast would be the icing on the cake…or in the cookie. I’ve always loved topping my pancakes with yogurt, so using it as a filling is definitely something I can get behind! :)

6. This post was so what I needed. After a math test, one needs to look at something chocolate-y. Or eat something with chocolate. 😉
    Good to know tomorrow’s National Pancake Day. I’ll definitely be making pancakes for breakfast! 😀 To celebrate Fat Tuesday, I’m making red velvet cake balls. 😉

7. I don’t normally celebrate Fat Tuesday…although maybe I will this year. I’m always looking for a reason to celebrate something :) Love the Oreo recipe today!

8. Lisa says:

I don’t think I’ve known anyone here to celebrate Fat Tuesday, but I think I’d be willing to with these pancakes;)

9. My boyfriend, the pancake monster, will absolutely adore these! What a fantastic idea! The yogurt between all the layers makes this look like a real treat! I bet they’d be great with some coconut butter, too

10. Oh my goodness! I could see my hubby and I standing at the kitchen counter, each with fork in hand, sharing these as a dessert! :-)

11. I can’t decide if I want this for breakfast or dessert! Answer: BOTH

12. Dayna says:

Okay. Now I’ve died and gone to food heaven. These look insanely yummy. And I’m making breakfast with my boyfriend tomorrow, so I might have to try ’em (especially since I have all the ingredients for the pancakes already!)

13. I have to make them for my son. He loves anything Oreo.

14. Hannah says:

Fat Tuesday as in “let’s get fat”? If it’s on your recipes, and popcorn, I think it’s almost worth it.

Oreo pancakes? AWESOME! I don’t know what we’re doing tomorrow, but we live in a travel trailer, so I doubt we’ll be able to celebrate.

I have a couple questions.

Question #1. When you’re taking pictures of all the stuff you make, do you ever just want to forget the pictures and eat whatever your photographing? 😉

Question #2. What would be a good, simple, chocolatey thing that wouldn’t make too much of a mess for me to make on Valentine’s Day, from your blog?

1. Answer #1: Yes. That is one of the reasons why I don’t do those popular “what I ate wednesday” type posts that many other bloggers do. It’s also why sometimes I make a recipe and then have to make it again because I accidentally ate all of the evidence before getting around to a photoshoot ;).

Answer #2: Maybe the fudge babies, if you have a food processor. I also think the chocolate mayo cupcakes are pretty easy and mess-free (no food processor needed for that one).

1. Hannah says:

That’s so funny. I can totally relate. 😀

Thanks for the ideas! I’ll think about it.

2. Trajayjay says:

Yeah, my mom actually asked for me to make her some fudge babies on mother’s day. I’ll happily do so.

15. Those may be some of the most gorgeous food pictures I have EVER seen!!!!!!

16. Alanna says:

Holy cow, these look amazing!! I haven’t made pancakes in far too long because my weekends have been extremely busy lately. Must try these this coming Saturday or Sunday!

17. Samantha says:

I love the Lent season, love it. I think I will make this recipe to celebrate, but first I need to make oreos today! Maybe even the peanut butter ones.

PS. I love coconut butter on pancakes as well. That is the direction I will be going. :)

18. OMG, pancakes are most definitely in my top 3 favorite foods and making them super dessert like only makes them super more amazing. Great looking recipe!

19. Alyssa says:

Did these pass the kid test?!?! I’m so curious! :-)

I may do a two-ingredient pancake ( tomorrow to celebrate!

1. Yes… I think so, anyway. She ate them pretty quickly! :)

20. Oooh, these look decadent! I’m pinning for a future breakfast idea! I will definitely be celebrating Fat Tuesday tomorrow with king cake and lots of Abita. But Tuesdays/Thursdays are my running days, which is when I have protein smoothies for breakfast. Maybe I can have pancakes for dessert. :-)

21. Looking good!! OO Thanks for the reminder about tomorrow, No excuses now for making pancakes!!

22. Robyn says:

Oh wow these look delicious! I have to say I love the look of your cheesecake pancakes as well though! I am really looking forward to pancake day, me and my friend are having a pancaked fest with strawberries and cream!

23. Haha I hope your friend appreciated those pancakes! They look amazing! Clearly I need a roommate with good cooking skills.

24. Oh wow, pancakes and Oreos? I’ll take these anytime!

25. Kristina R says:

My husband is going to LOVE these!! Thank you for doing what you do :)

26. These look yummy! Dessert for breakfast is never a crime :)

27. Elle says:

Hi! These look amazing! I looked at your nutrition info and was wondering what milk you used for the calculations and if you’ve factored in an Oreo and also which sugar you used for your calculations. Sorry for so many questions! I’m doing Weight Watchers and have to be exact :) Thanks!!!

1. Hi Elle,

See the note right under the nutrition label for more information.

Also, I used unsweetened almond breeze for the calculations.

28. Laura Miller says:

This looks soooo good! I showed my mom, and she said “ugh, you are going to make me fat.” I broke the news to her that these were healthy… We might have pancakes tomorrow. :)

29. Oh, the deliciousness! Not to mention, love the benefits of apple cider vinegar.

30. I’m pretty sure these are the answers to all of my life’s problems right now. Your back hurts? Have some pancakes. You never get scheduled to work? Here, I made pancakes for you. It’s raining and dreary? No worries. Pancakes in bed will help.

Yes, yes, and yes.

31. Ruth says:

I always celebrate pancake day (I didn’t know you did pancakes for shrove tuesday in the US, too!). I’ll make the normal pancakes for tea but I might make these for a dessert… I mean… you can have pancakes twice on pancake day if not any other, surely!

32. Trajayjay says:

Yeah, I guess I’ll have to try these tomorrow morning. But what is the point of Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), I know a lot of people in New Orleans wear beads and flash their tits, well, I think some of them flash their tits. It’s a really big party, right? In the streets. It’s hard for me to imagine that right now. Where I live, our streets are really filled with snow. It snowed on Friday and some of the roads are still closed today! A lot of the plowing equipment is breaking down because of the heavy snow loads. Well, I just found out that one of my cousins traveled down to New Orleans, I’ll have to ask him about what he saw, I’m kind of jealous of the less sucky weather there.

33. Alyx says:

Does Whole Foods (or any other similar health food store!) sell vegan Oreo-style cookies? These look fantastic :)

1. Debbie says:

I believe oreos are vegan.

1. Yep, Oreos are vegan! Yippee!!

34. holy mother, oreo cookie pancakes, gosh…I need to stop right now lol

35. Are you freaking kidding me? Oreo pancakes? Genius, pure genius. I make pancakes for my kids every weekend as a special breakfast. They would go bonkers for these! (So would I! PS~Have you seen the new gingerbread Oreos? Yumminess on a whole new level.)

36. Bek @ Crave says:

Haha, that child would have loved you!

37. Mandie says:

This looks GREAT, Kaite! I loved oreos as a child =)

Request….. Would you consider putting Coffee Pancakes on your list of recipes to try making, pretty please??? Regular, Mocha or something like that?

38. Alicia B says:

These look amazing. I am going to add these to my Sunday breakfast list 😉

39. Sharla says:

I am the world’s worst about burning pancakes and yours look so thin!! It takes me at least three tries before I get the heat adjusted correctly. Any tips?

40. Hannah says:

Hello heavenly breakfast/dessert! I am going to have to try this one out ASAP….I can’t imagine the husband would protest much to waking up to these. Love!

41. unbelievable! oreo pancakes??!!! i WILL be winning Mother of the Year after all !!!

42. andrea says:

Hey Katie : i was wondering if u posted the recipe for the icing, or im just oblivious and didn`t see it ? In any case can u post it please it looks delicious :-)

1. it’s in the recipe – it’s made from yogurt

43. Shannon says:

Two words: Oh Wow. Mumbled, of course, in between mouthfuls of these tasty Oreo pancakes slathered in BabyCakes NYC vanilla icing.

44. Kitty Bea says:

These looks so AMAZING. i’ve gotta make them! I guess I should make the healthy oreos first. :)

45. Marissa says:

Does coconut flour work in these? With more liquid.. and maybe a flax egg?

46. These look so goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!! I want to face plant in them.

47. Anonymous says:

Could you use stevia instead of powdered sugar?

48. Elizabeth says:

Can you use stevia in place of powdered sugar?

49. I’m excited about the vinegar tip, I’ve never heard of that before. Thanks!

50. vogelstar says:

mmm oreos and pancakes, two of my favourite things.

51. Leah says:

While these look delicious, I think it’s crazy misleading to call these “healthy”! Transfats, over-processed junk food is NOT doing any favors for anyone’s body–vegan or not.

1. Annie says:

Ummm….. hello? These ARE healthy, bc it uses healthy oreos, and coconut oil (unrefined, virgin) has numerous health benefits

1. Leah says:

If the only thing you can find healthy in these is coconut oil, you don’t have a healthy meal. Sorry.

I like this blog. I’ve made numerous things off of it. I find this horrifying to tell people, “oh, it’s okay to eat oreos for breakfast because it’s VEGAN! Yay!”

Apples are health food. Nuts are health food. Vegetables cooked in coconut oil are health food. OREOS ARE NOT HEALTH FOOD!

Please find a doctor or nutritionist to prove me wrong.

2. Annie says:

True… but it has whole-grains and yogurt in it as well

3. Annie says:

and like she mentioned before, it’s full of protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients
        although i hear your point with the breakfast. but paired with a fruit or other whole food, i dont see why that shoud be a problem…. and they’d certainly make a healthy snack… there isn’t actually anything very UNhealthy in this recipe, unless you use regular Oreos

4. Anonymous says:

the point is they could be a whole lot unhealthier. i’ve made these w/ whole wheat flour, they turned out great.

2. Karen says:

First she gives an alternative to her healthy oreos, so maybe with those, it is healthy – I don’t know that recipe. Second, if you use normal oreos, common sense would dictate that it is no longer “healthy”. So most normal people (and I assume anyone reading this site who is interested in making healthier sweet foods) would have the ability to know the difference and not need someone point out the semantics of the post title. You may be a perfectionist, but please don’t demand perfectionism from someone else.

52. Annie says:

My immediate reaction: >GASP< ….. OH MAN!
    lol… you did not SERIOUSLY do that.. this AMAZING!!! By far, the best post ever yet!
    And now I need to go make this right now b4 i drool all over the screen – oh wait… i cant cause i'm away ….. waaaaaaaahhhhh

53. Nikki says:

I’m going to make these for my boyfriend’s son this weekend! Can’t wait :)

54. fabtab says:

thankssssssssssssssssss katieeeeeeeeee!!!

i made it right now, and they are amazing!!!!!

so delicioussssssssssssssss!!!!

greetings from méxico

55. Shay says:

Must. Make. This. Now!!! They look delish!
    Ooh! Pancake day:)

56. Hi Katie…do you mind sharing what brand of coconut oil you use? I’m new to using this type of oil and am not quite sure how to distinguish between a good quality oil and a bad one. Thank you in advance for any help you can give. I love your site and your recipes!

1. Alanna says:

Artisana is very good, and I think it’s the one Katie uses as well. I haven’t tried others (I’ve seen Spectrum, not sure how that compares), but I can vouch for Artisana. Just make sure you get coconut oil and not butter, because they look very similar at room temperature (the oil is solid below 78 degrees)! :)

1. Thank you so much for your reply. I will look into it. :)

57. Karen says:

So I made these, but I read the directions wrong…I cook often and am pretty good, but I saw the 5 and read, the “first 5 ingredients”, and mixed the flour with the liquids. So that was ok, but then I read the next “5” and added the crushed oreos in the batter. Oh my! Well they cooked fine and my daughter loved them…but we went through a lot of milk while eating them. Honestly, I just wanted to make chocolate pancakes without the oreos (gasp I don’t like them, but my husband does) Anyway, my little accident was pretty good, and my daughter got one pancake with her other normal ones as a treat (they were that rich!)

58. Alex says:

Hi Katie,

First, I wanted to say how much i love your recipes and how amazing i think you are. second, i was wondering if you could do a recipe for healthy slutty brownies. in case you haven’t heard of them, slutty brownies are brownies with an oreo in the middle and a cookie on top. I’ve made them before and they are incredible. whats not incredible is the fact that just one is enough to make you feel like you’re going to have a heart attack. I’ve spent countless hours researching healthy versions of them, but i haven’t found any. PLEASE HELP

59. Ha! I made cookies n cream pancakes too on my blog! Big fluffy ones. They are very healthy, OIL free, refined sugar free. I also made my own Oreo crumbs and “cream”. Yours look really good Katie and beautiful photos!

60. Gina says:

I cannot wait to try these. They look so delicious! The biggest problem: having the remaining pack of Oreos in the house.

61. Joan says:

Hi – unfortunately I’m allergic to yogurt – all kinds. What would you substitute for the coconut yogurt?

62. Gina B. says:

I made these this morning, and the flavors were great… but how did you get the batter to make such round, circular pancakes? Our batter seemed a little tough, and I couldn’t get enough out in time to make them thin like in the picture. I’d love to learn your tricks so I can make these again!

63. Dru Falco says:

Hi, Katie! I’ve been meaning to comment on this for almost a week. I looove your blog. A looot. I linked these pancakes to my Pancake Links post last Sunday, they looked fantastic, I hope that’s okay! xo

64. Violet says:

eating these now. deeeeee-licious. they totally TASTE like oreo pancakes, like a lot like oreo flavor! amazing!!!!! i love these MORE than your brownie batter pancakes which i also love! only downside was they were kinda hard to flip, but my pan is not that great.

1. Violet says:

I’ve tried quite a few of your recipes and this my be my favorite one yet

1. Anonymous says:

I don’t know why I had trouble flipping these the first time I made them. I’ve never had a problem since! eating more of these now… stevia-sweetened kefit is a good topping for non-vegans. and walnuts… mmmmmm

65. Jen B says:

I made these this morning and they were absolutely fantastic!! Thank you so much for creating delicious breakfast recipes for one! My husband is in the coast guard and when he is out to sea these are the perfect breakfast – when he is home I just double the recipe!

1. Thank you so much for trying them!

66. Violet says:

I tried adapting this recipe into my oatmeal this morning to get an oreo flavored oatmeal! it is good but I think you could do better. I know u have multiple chocolate oatmeals posted but I love these pancakes more than those so an oreo oatmeal would probably be even more awesome!

1. Violet says:

plus I think you’d be the first person on the internet to do it haha I tried searching

1. Haha I love your idea… cookies and cream oatmeal!

67. shriya says:

i dont think so it will be nice cake

68. Hello says:

It is not even breakfast time and I am so going to eat them for lunch. Katie, you are amazing. Can you come over to my house and make me everything you know?

69. Hello Katie says:

I don’t have any vinegar! Can I have without?

70. Kaylee says:

These were delicious! I made them today and they were so filling! I couldn’t even finish them! However I would suggest using the whole container of yogurt because the filling is delicious and you WILL want more of it. :) Thank you so much for this recipe!

1. Thank you for trying them! :)

71. Lily says:

This was my first pancake recipe of yours! I could not believe how amazing these were! I followed the recipe to the T until the sweetener in which I added 1 T of coconut sugar. My pancakes turned out quite thick (they made four), but, nevertheless, they were AMAZING! Unintentionally, I let out a gleeful giggle when I took my first bite! I also made these using your oreo recipe which I made last night; they were amazing in my pancakes! (I haven’t tried them by themselves). Thank you SOSOSOSOSOSO much for your recipes!

72. djhgwjFV says:

i want to make these soooooooooooooo bad….

73. Heather says:

Made these this morning, and my husband said they were the best pancakes he’s ever had. I just had a small problem with the coconut oil. It was originally liquid form because my kitchen was a little bit hot. Then I added it into the milk-vinegar-vanilla mix and stirred. While I was getting the dry ingredients ready , the coconut oil re-solidified from the cold milk and it formed a layer on top. I had to heat it up in the microwave and re-stir it. Lesson of the story–maybe use room temperature milk if you’re using the coconut oil.

74. Jocelyn says:

Out of eggs this morning, so all my usual breakfast faves were not an option. Made this instead ( substituting 1 tbps chopped 70% chocolate as I couldn’t possibly be trusted to keep Oreos in the cupboard) and… Wowzers! These are delicious. Thanks CCK!

75. Sophie says:

I love your recipes! The pancake ones are absolutely amazing! :) could you maybe think about doing a pumpkin pancake single serving recipe?? Thank you for all your amazing recipes!! 😀

76. Al Green says:

These look amazing! Cookies and Cream is my favorite ice cream and my wife loves trying to make healthy pancakes.

Right now her favorite thing to do is put protein in them. She also put yogurt, which is a little weird.

These things look awesome though. I think I found my wife’s new favorite site.

77. Elizabeth says:

You just combined two of my favourite things and I brought a little variation to my Pancake Saturdays. I am forever indebted to you :)

78. Nesh78 says:

I’m so sick of the “secretly healthy” when I see these recipes on pinterest. It’s just yogurt. Yogurt doesn’t even mean healthy.. it’s not indulgent healthy either. It’s just yogurt… it’s not creative. You can do better.

79. Denice Orton says:

Oreos have wheat in them how can they gluten free

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Katie gives a link in the ingredients to her oreo recipe which can be gluten free.

80. Alexis says:

Just out of curiosity, how big are those Oreos? Do they make jumbo sized ones? Cause they look almost the same size as the delicious pancakes? : P

81. Dashona says:

Thanks a lot for this receipe. When I first say the picture I thought this would be too much to make, but when I say The ingredients and instructions,I thought to myself ok I can totally do this. I will be making these Christmas morning. Thanks again!

82. Dashona says:

I will be making theses christmas ,morning! Thank you!

83. Maddie says:

Hi Katie!
    I write for Spoon University, a food publication for college students and I’m writing an article on “guilt-free ways to eat dessert for breakfast” and I’m hoping to feature your oreo pancakes! Is it ok if I use one of the photos from the recipe? I will give credits to Chocolate Covered Katie. Thanks so much!

1. Sure thing! As long as you link to the actual recipe instead of reposting, please feel free to use any photos you need :)

84. Madeline says:

I have been looking forward to making these for about 2 weeks and finally i am having them for dinner tonight…. it’s mid afternoon and I am quite honestly wishing the hours away haha!

85. Kyle says:

I NEED to try this! So glad tomorrow’s my cheat day! :)