Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

With a simple cookies ‘n cream filling sandwiched between each fluffy chocolate layer. It’s enough to make Michelle Obama call a state of emergency for the breakfast table!

But the First Lady needn’t worry, as these decadent Oreo pancakes pose no threat whatsoever to her Let’s Move campaign for healthier kids. They are secretly filled with fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, probiotics, and the most important healthy ingredient of all: chocolate.

oreo pancakes

This weekend I had fun playing host to a friend from middle school and her daughter, Kristin (whom I’ve mentioned before on the blog). I told Kristin I would make her anything she wanted for breakfast, and she got a mischievous look in her eye and said, “Oreo cookies!”

So I asked her, “What about Oreo pancakes?” and she decided that was an even better idea than cookies.

cookie pancakes

If it were up to me, I would’ve made a frosting with coconut butter. (I am so predictable.) But Kristin doesn’t like coconut butter. In her words, it is “yucky.” So we went vanilla yogurt instead.

The pancakes themselves are actually not based on my Brownie Batter Pancakes. I wanted to try something new this time: Lately I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with vinegar—it adds a lightness to baked goods, which can be enormously beneficial when using whole-grain flours. The pancakes turned out light and fluffy without the need for any eggs.

oreo cookie pancakes

Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday and National Pancake Day!

oreo cookie pancakes    Your kids will definitely roll out of bed for these chocolate oreo cookie pancakes from @choccoveredkt - with a secretly healthy cream filling!

Oreo Cookie Pancakes

(serves 1)

• 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar (2g)
  • 5 tbsp milk of choice (75g)
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
  • 1 tbsp coconut or veg oil (sub applesauce only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes.) (10g)
  • 1/4 cup spelt flour (or all-purpose or gluten-free all-purpose) (34g)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder (7g)
  • 1 stevia packet or 1 tbsp sugar (or 1 tbsp agave and decrease milk by that amount)
  • 1-2 crushed Oreo-style cookies or Healthy Oreos
  • 1/2 container vanilla yogurt of choice (I used SoDelicious coconut) (80g)

In a small measuring glass, combine first four ingredients and whisk. Set aside. Combine next 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place a non-stick pan, greased with either oil or oil spray, over medium heat. While it heats, turn your attention back to the food: pour wet into dry and stir until just mixed. (Don’t over-mix.) Then cook your pancakes (I did mine in two batches), adjusting the heat a little lower if necessary. Flip when bubbles appear and the sides are just cooked enough to flip without breaking. Meanwhile, combine the final two ingredients, then spread on cooked pancakes. Recipe makes 7-8 silver dollar pancakes, as shown in the photos.

View Nutrition Facts

Tags: , , , , ,

1. m says:

Thank you for a recipe without coconut butter! I too think it is yucky

1. Karen says:

LOL, my husband thinks it is yucky, my 5 year old thinks it is yucky, I like it, but unfortunately, my 2 year old is allergic. So I am outvoted. So I am happy to have a recipe without it (my 5 year old’s 2 favorite things to eat are oreos and pancakes)

2. Haha… I so agree with you! I acutally like coconut butter. But I don’t want everything to taste like coconut =(

2. Michelle says:

This looks incredible!

3. I’m so over Mardi Gras (it’s like a month long holiday down here!) but I will embrace National Pancake Day!

4. Emilia says:

Love, love, love! Cookies and cream has got to be one of my favorite flavor combinations ever, having it for breakfast would be the icing on the cake…or in the cookie. I’ve always loved topping my pancakes with yogurt, so using it as a filling is definitely something I can get behind! 🙂

5. This post was so what I needed. After a math test, one needs to look at something chocolate-y. Or eat something with chocolate. 😉
    Good to know tomorrow’s National Pancake Day. I’ll definitely be making pancakes for breakfast! 😀 To celebrate Fat Tuesday, I’m making red velvet cake balls. 😉

6. I don’t normally celebrate Fat Tuesday…although maybe I will this year. I’m always looking for a reason to celebrate something 🙂 Love the Oreo recipe today!

7. Oh my goodness! I could see my hubby and I standing at the kitchen counter, each with fork in hand, sharing these as a dessert! 🙂

8. I can’t decide if I want this for breakfast or dessert! Answer: BOTH

9. I have to make them for my son. He loves anything Oreo.

10. Hannah says:

Fat Tuesday as in “let’s get fat”? If it’s on your recipes, and popcorn, I think it’s almost worth it.

Oreo pancakes? AWESOME! I don’t know what we’re doing tomorrow, but we live in a travel trailer, so I doubt we’ll be able to celebrate.

I have a couple questions.

Question #1. When you’re taking pictures of all the stuff you make, do you ever just want to forget the pictures and eat whatever your photographing? 😉

Question #2. What would be a good, simple, chocolatey thing that wouldn’t make too much of a mess for me to make on Valentine’s Day, from your blog?

1. Answer #1: Yes. That is one of the reasons why I don’t do those popular “what I ate wednesday” type posts that many other bloggers do. It’s also why sometimes I make a recipe and then have to make it again because I accidentally ate all of the evidence before getting around to a photoshoot ;).

Answer #2: Maybe the fudge babies, if you have a food processor. I also think the chocolate mayo cupcakes are pretty easy and mess-free (no food processor needed for that one).

1. Hannah says:

That’s so funny. I can totally relate. 😀

Thanks for the ideas! I’ll think about it.

2. Trajayjay says:

Yeah, my mom actually asked for me to make her some fudge babies on mother’s day. I’ll happily do so.

11. Those may be some of the most gorgeous food pictures I have EVER seen!!!!!!

12. Alanna says:

Holy cow, these look amazing!! I haven’t made pancakes in far too long because my weekends have been extremely busy lately. Must try these this coming Saturday or Sunday!

13. Samantha says:

I love the Lent season, love it. I think I will make this recipe to celebrate, but first I need to make oreos today! Maybe even the peanut butter ones.

PS. I love coconut butter on pancakes as well. That is the direction I will be going. 🙂

14. OMG, pancakes are most definitely in my top 3 favorite foods and making them super dessert like only makes them super more amazing. Great looking recipe!

15. Alyssa says:

Did these pass the kid test?!?! I’m so curious! 🙂

I may do a two-ingredient pancake ( tomorrow to celebrate!

1. Yes… I think so, anyway. She ate them pretty quickly! 🙂

16. Oooh, these look decadent! I’m pinning for a future breakfast idea! I will definitely be celebrating Fat Tuesday tomorrow with king cake and lots of Abita. But Tuesdays/Thursdays are my running days, which is when I have protein smoothies for breakfast. Maybe I can have pancakes for dessert. 🙂

17. Looking good!! OO Thanks for the reminder about tomorrow, No excuses now for making pancakes!!

18. Haha I hope your friend appreciated those pancakes! They look amazing! Clearly I need a roommate with good cooking skills.

19. Oh wow, pancakes and Oreos? I’ll take these anytime!