These soft BAKED homemade almond butter donuts are completely vegan and oil free!
I am suddenly so obsessed with donuts.
Chocolate donuts, glazed donuts, or these Blueberry Baked Donuts…
Other flavors I’ve tried recently include toasted coconut, chocolate frosted, and cookies & cream!
It’s been a month filled with company – parents, relatives, and friends from out of town—and homemade donuts are one of my go-to easy breakfast recipes to make for company. They’re super fancy and fun, with very little prep work required.
Also Try These Dairy Free Applesauce Muffins
Above – watch the video how to make almond butter donuts
I’m not sure if anyone has said donuts are the new cupcakes, but seriously, donuts are way better than cupcakes.
If you need a donut pan, they’re easy to find – I like this donut pan on Amazon.
I’ve also seen them available at Target, Walmart, in craft stores like Michaels, in grocery stores, some department stores, or at World Market or Bed Bath Beyond (where I always have a zillion coupons).
Or the almond butter donut recipe can also be made without a donut pan if you’d prefer.
I used a mini donut pan for the donuts in the photos and a regular-sized pan for the ones in the video below.
Both ways were delicious!!!
Almond Butter Donuts
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 tbsp almond butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt, white, gf ap, or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- If you want to glaze them with Almond Butter Glaze: Stir together 1/2 cup powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp milk of choice, 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract, and a tiny pinch salt. Glaze makes enough for all the donuts with a little left over.For the donuts: Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan, mini donut pan, or mini muffin pan. If not easily stir-able, gently heat almond butter until soft. Stir together first five ingredients, being sure to completely break up the nut butter so there are no clumps. Stir in dry to form a batter, spread into pan, and bake 8 minutes. Let sit a few minutes before going around the sides with a knife and popping out. Glaze if desired, refrigerate, then drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired. Store loosely covered out overnight – The flavor is even better the next day! Leftover donuts can also be frozen.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Recipes With Almond Butter: