This unbelievably soft and cake-like vegan coconut bread is the perfect recipe to make for a healthy breakfast or dessert!
Can you believe this sweet coconut loaf calls for just seven ingredients?
In fact, there is a good chance you might already have everything you need at home to make it right now.
With just five minutes of prep work and so much delicious coconut flavor, the simple recipe is sure to put a smile on your face.
You May Also Like: Healthy Banana Bread – NO Oil Required
MORE COCONUT RECIPES:
Coconut Bread Ingredients
Well, two of them are baking powder and salt… so hopefully you already have those covered.
The other ingredients are flour, baking soda, sugar of choice, plain yogurt (such as dairy-free almond or coconut yogurt), and a can of coconut milk.
Because there’s already fat from the coconut, I decided to try not adding any oil to the recipe, and it still turned out perfectly light and fluffy – even better than I’d hoped!
What If I Don’t Have Coconut Milk?
If you don’t have a can of coconut milk, you can use your favorite milk of choice.
With that substitution, I’d recommend scaling the milk back to 3/4 cup and adding 1/4 cup oil so you don’t get the gummy texture often associated with fat-free baked goods (unless you like the gummy texture, in which case feel free to just sub the coconut milk for whatever milk you wish in an equal amount).
If you’re not using coconut milk and still want a coconut flavor, add 1/2 tsp coconut extract to the batter and/or use a coconut frosting on top.
Trending Right Now: Overnight Oats – 15 Recipe Ideas
This is also a great recipe to bookmark and make for Mother’s Day brunch!
Since my mom lives in Texas, I’m sending the recipe to my dad and putting him to work this year.
Also Try TheseEasy Cinnamon Rolls
Above – watch the video of how to make coconut bread.
- 2 cups flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar, or xylitol for sugar free
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, lite or regular
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt of choice, such as almondmilk yogurt
- optional coconut chips, to sprinkle on top
- The recipe works with spelt, white, oat, or gf all purpose flour. It technically works with almond flour but won’t rise or look pretty. Be sure to use canned coconut milk, not the type in a carton.Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and line with parchment. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk in remaining ingredients until just evenly mixed. Spread into the pan. Bake 50 minutes on the center rack, or until loaf has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before going around the sides of the pan with a knife and inverting onto a plate. If desired, frost with melted coconut butter or your favorite frosting, or 1/2 cup powdered sugar combined with 1 tbsp milk of choice.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
MORE HEALTHY BREAD RECIPES:
Keto Muffins – 6 Ingredients
Blueberry Bread – Soft & Fluffy