This smooth, rich, and creamy peanut butter frozen yogurt is the perfect healthy treat to cool off on a hot day – and it can be made with just 5 ingredients!
Yes, 5 ingredient creamy homemade frozen yogurt.
The surprisingly healthy dessert can be egg free, gluten free, paleo, keto, dairy free, and vegan, with no banana required.
Add a few mini chocolate chips or some chocolate syrup to the top, and it tastes like eating a frozen chocolate Reese’s peanut butter cup!
Also try this Coconut Milk Ice Cream
And feel free to sub your favorite nut butter of choice.
So far, I’ve tried almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, cinnamon peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter.
You can make the frozen yogurt three different ways – either in an ice cream maker, or with a high speed blender like a vitamix, or simply by freezing the mixture in a large bowl and then stirring every twenty minutes or so.
I used the blender method for the peanut butter froyo in the photos and the freeze-and-stir method for the one in the video below.
Trending now: Baked Oats – single serving
Above, watch the peanut butter frozen yogurt recipe video
Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups plain or vanilla yogurt of choice
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or allergy friendly sub
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice (see note below)
- if using plain yogurt, add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- *Feel free to use your favorite sweetener, such as pure maple syrup, regular sugar or coconut sugar, or erythritol for sugar free. Or skip the sweetener and blend in an overripe banana or dates as desired. If using a liquid sweetener, omit the milk of choice.Whisk ingredients until completely smooth. If you have an ice cream maker, churn according to machine directions. If you don’t, you can either freeze in an ice cube tray and later blend the frozen ice cubes in a vitamix or high-quality food processor until completely smooth OR you can freeze the mixture in a container, taking it out to stir every twenty minutes (being sure to scrape the sides of the container as you stir) until it is thick and smooth. The third way won’t get quite as smooth as the first two methods, but all three of the methods yield delicious results! Because of the lack of preservatives or gums, the frozen yogurt has the best smooth and creamy texture the day it’s made. However, you can technically freeze leftovers for a few weeks in an airtight container, thawing at least ten minutes before eating. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Peanut Butter Desserts