Lightened-up, ultra creamy Greek yogurt mac and cheese…
The healthy mac and cheese recipe you can feel good about serving your family.
So rich and creamy, it might be the creamiest mac and cheese recipe you will ever find… even without any butter or flour!
This Greek yogurt mac and cheese is healthy comfort food at its absolute yummiest.
You May Also Like: Vegan Mac And Cheese
A few weeks ago, my mother called me up after work and mentioned she was trying to figure out what to make as a quick and easy dinner for herself and my dad.
At the time, I had an idea for a Greek yogurt mac and cheese recipe in my head, but I’d never actually made it.
I said she could try the idea out if she felt up for experimenting.
Happily, my mother is a good sport and accepted the job. I wrote down the very basic gist of a recipe, sent it to her as an email, and she got to work…
A few hours later, she sent me a reply email that the meal was fantastic – a keeper for sure!
In fact, all of the photos in this post are actually hers. When she texted me a few pictures of her finished results, I loved them so much that I decided, “Why take new pictures for the blog post with my fancy Canon camera when these iphone photos look so good?!”
Greek Yogurt Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups dry elbows or small pasta (7 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheese, such as Daiya
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp salt (I use 1/4 tsp)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Greek yogurt (I used dairy-free Homemade Greek Yogurt)
- optional spinach, kale, or veggies of choice
- Cook the macaroni in salted water until al dente, then drain but don’t rinse with water. Meanwhile, in a small pot, stir together the milk, cheese, and salt until cheese melts. Add the yogurt and cook on low, just until the sauce is hot. Stir in the cooked pasta and any veggies you desire.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Popular Recipes Right Now:
Cauliflower Pizza Crust – just 5 ingredients!