Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Keto Cookies

Homemade chocolate chip keto cookies – deliciously soft, flourless, and completely sugar free!

Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

A recipe for chocolate chip keto cookies has been the hands-down most popular request I’ve been getting over and over again from readers this past month.

On one day in particular, I received four separate requests within hours of each other – and that was when I knew the recipe needed to go to the very top of my to-make list.

It took just a couple of tries to perfect these cookies, and the results are like something between a traditional chocolate chip cookie and a butter cookie. Their texture is so rich and buttery, it’s almost like eating chocolate chip shortbread!

You May Also Like: Keto Cheesecake– Just 5 Ingredients

Above – watch the video how to make keto cookies.

Keto Cookies With Almond Flour

The two types of flour used most often in keto cookie recipes are coconut flour and almond flour.

I chose almond this time, mostly to be different because I’ve already made brownies with coconut flour.

Almond flour (also called almond meal; it’s not really flour at all) is much easier to find nowadays than it was even just a few years ago.

I’d recommend looking in the natural section of a regular grocery store, or at Target, health food stores, or online.

You can also make your own almond flour at home by adding raw almonds to a food processor and pulsing until they reach a flour-like consistency. Be sure not to pulse too long or they’ll turn into almond butter, which is delicious… but not what you want if you’re making these cookies!

Trending Right Now: Keto Cake – The BEST Chocolate Recipe

Keto Cookies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

Just 7 Ingredients

Vegan & Gluten Free

Taste Like Shortbread

More Keto Recipes:

Low Carb Ice Cream

Keto Ice Cream

keto cake

Keto Mug Cake

Keto Bombs

Fat Bombs

Keto Brownies - low carb, flourless, vegan (made with coconut flour)

Keto Dessert Recipes

Can Sugar Free Cookies Actually Taste Good?

Growing up, whenever we’d go to my grandparents’ house there would be two sections of treats in the cabinet.

One was the regular, full-of-fat-and-sugar junk food section specifically for us kids. The other was comprised of sugar-free JELL-O, granola bars, and low carb cookies for my grandfather who had Diabetes.

One afternoon, I was curious and snuck off with one of the sugar free peanut butter cookies in the “not for children” stash.

All I remember of that cookie was an artificial aspartame taste that lingered long after the first bite was gone. And I definitely didn’t take a second bite!

Thankfully, sugar free desserts have come a long way, and you have numerous options from which to choose if you need to bake without sugar.

For this particular recipe, both powdered erythritol and Sugar Free Powdered Sugar will work. The photos in this post are of keto cookies made with the former.

If I’m making the cookies for myself or to serve a crowd not on the keto diet, I’ll just use regular powdered sugar or powdered coconut sugar, both of which work fine here as well.

(If you want them to be paleo cookies, use powdered coconut sugar, which can be made by simply pulsing regular coconut sugar in a blender until it turns to powder.)

The Best Easy Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

Also try these Keto Brownies

Pin it now to save for laterPin Recipe

Keto Cookies

Low carb chocolate chip keto cookies that are soft, easy to make, and sugar free.
4.95/5 (243)
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 5 large or 10 small

Ingredients

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 325 F. Stir dry ingredients very well (so you don’t end up biting into a clump of baking soda!). Add wet to form a dough. Shape into cookies – I used a cookie scoop to first form balls and then shape into cookies. Place on a cookie tray, and bake on the center rack 10-12 minutes. Let cool an additional 10 minutes before handling, as they are very delicate at first but firm up completely once cool. If you try them, be sure to leave a comment or rate the recipe below!
    View Nutrition Facts

Have you made this recipe?

Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram

More Cookie Recipes:

Low Carb Keto Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars Recipe

Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars

vegan peanut butter cookies

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

chocolate chip breakfast cookie

Breakfast Cookies (Oil Free)

healthy tagalongs vegan

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

364 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Debbie says

I made this recipe yesterday. I did not have powdered erythritol so I used powdered coconut sugar instead (put coconut sugar in the blender to get powdered coconut sugar). (I do have a bag of Stevia but wasn’t sure if there would be an after taste so I went with the coconut sugar) I think they could have been a little sweeter. I might try a bit more of the coconut sugar next time. I also chopped a 85% dark cocoa bar in place of sugar free chocolate morsels. Overall, I was very pleased with the results. This recipe is a keeper!!

2. Kelly says

These were great! It’s Valentine’s Day today and I am doing low carb and craving chocolate chip cookies and these were better than I expected. I used truvia and put 4T in instead of 2T so definitely need less. I also used butter flavored coconut oil as well. Thanks for the great recipe!

3. Melody says

Help! I have no idea what I’m doing wrong?! This is my second time making these and the cookie dough balls don’t flatten at all when baking. They are still round balls after I take them out.

4. Sasha says

Mine looked very brown and stayed a dark brown the entire time? I used almond flour but other people’s pictures look lighter for them. Also, I had to use 100% cocoa chocolate but would sugar free chocolate chips be sweeter?

• Jason Sanford says

Hi, there are two types of almond meal. One has the skins removed and the other grinds up the skins when making the flour. Both are fine, just different colors (and the one without the skins will be a little less tough). Yes, sugar free chocolate chips that are sweetened, such as Lily’s, will be sweeter than 100% chocolate, which has no sweetness.

• Jason Sanford says

I would think so, but unfortunately there’s just no way to know for sure unless you try. Be sure to report back if you do!

5. Natasha Cerqueira says

Just two weeks into my keto journey and loving it. Im not one to want to experiment with things that pretend to be other food (if that makes sense). So I was iffy on the almond flour. I have to say, these are AWESOME. The only change I made was to use half butr3ee,half coconut oil the second time around. Much tastier. So happy to have these in my back pocket. I also love that the recipe only makes a few.. stops you from eating too mamy (sorta!)
    Tash

6. Beth says

I just made these for the first time last night and they are absolutely delicious!! I’m right now waiting on a fresh batch to come out of the oven to give to my neighbor (who is also doing keto) as a thank you for watching my kids yesterday. I hope she enjoys them as much as I have!!

7. Monica says

Tried these tonight. They didn’t brown so I was worried but after they cooled they held together and were delicious. Some bites were a bit too salty so I may not have blended the salt in enough. Used 3 tsp of 2% milk, baked for 12 minutes at 325 exactly as the recipe stated. Made 9 small bite sized cookies.

8. JasmineM says

These cookies have the consistency of biscuit until they sit for at least 30 minutes. There is no sweetness or vanilla flavor to cookie at all and I added extra pure vanilla extract and extra swerve. The only sweetness or flavor will be from the chocolate you add if you use swerve. If you are looking for a cookie that comes any where close to a flour and sugar cookie this is NOT it. I am still searching for a decent cookie recipe.

• Jason Sanford says

Swerve is actually sweeter than sugar, so if you don’t taste sweetness from the swerve (especially after adding even more), it sounds like there’s something wrong with the package you have, and you should probably return/replace it with a new one that’s not defective. I actually find Swerve to be too sweet!

9. Ria says

These are the favourite cookies in our house so far.

I used what I had in the cupboard i.e. unrefined brown sugar, sunflower oil and supplemented ground hazelnuts with the almonds as I didn’t have enough. So rich, decadent and delicious.

Thank you.

10. Clare O. says

I never leave comments on recipes, but I have to say these are incredibly delicious. Best keto cookies I’ve ever made. I used a chopped sugar free chocolate bar the first time, and Lilys sugar free chips the second. Both were awesome. I melt the coconut oil before adding it, and that makes everything easier. Roll into balls, flatten with a glass cup. I make a batch of these every week so I can have one a day. Thanks for the recipe!

11. Mary says

I just made these for my husband (keto) and myself (vegan) to share. I didn’t have any unsweetened milks in the house; replaced it with aquafaba and they came out really well! Oh and I accidentally bought granulated erythritol instead of powdered. They did need a bit more baking than the recipe calls for- I turned off the oven at 12 minutes and let them sit in the hot oven about 10 more minutes and the bottoms firmed up nicely.

12. Kelly says

I had done something wrong when I made these, not sure what though. I did everything on the video and they came out like coconut cookies. They didn’t even bake! Oh well…

• Jason Sanford says

Hi, what do you mean they came out like coconut cookies? And what was the texture that they didn’t bake? What sweetener, oil, and flour did you use?
      Jason

13. Jo says

I make this choc chip cookie recipe weekly, but I just spread it in a slice tine, slide a knife along to cut into squares, and when cooked, while still warm, go over the same lines again. Once cooled, they easily divide into the portions I drew. It’s an excellent recipe regarding both taste and ease of making; just a bowl and a spoon required-joy!

14. Jini Coroneo says

I tried this and while they tasted delicious, they didn’t bind very well. Any advice? I could add a chia egg and cook on higher for longer as that seemed to work for some. Anybody else had this issue?

• Jason Sanford says

Hmm, I haven’t heard of anyone else listing that issue, but maybe you just got super dry almond flour? Or live in a dry climate? What specific ingredients did you use?

• Jini Coroneo says

I used all of the ingredients listed and used coconut milk for the milk. The almonds were chopped blanched though so I had to put them in a blender and for the sugar I used xylitol. I will try again tonight.

15. Jessica Mataele says

This is one of my favorite go to chocolate chip recipes. I have to double the batch because we eat them up so fast!