Get two new free healthy recipes each week. Sign Up

Keto Cookies

Homemade chocolate chip keto cookies – deliciously soft, flourless, and completely sugar free!

Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

A recipe for chocolate chip keto cookies has been the hands-down most popular request I’ve been getting over and over again from readers this past month.

On one day in particular, I received four separate requests within hours of each other – and that was when I knew the recipe needed to go to the very top of my to-make list.

It took just a couple of tries to perfect these cookies, and the results are like something between a traditional chocolate chip cookie and a butter cookie. Their texture is so rich and buttery, it’s almost like eating chocolate chip shortbread!

You May Also Like: Keto Cheesecake– Just 5 Ingredients

Above – watch the video how to make keto cookies.

Keto Cookies With Almond Flour

The two types of flour used most often in keto cookie recipes are coconut flour and almond flour.

I chose almond this time, mostly to be different because I’ve already made brownies with coconut flour.

Almond flour (also called almond meal; it’s not really flour at all) is much easier to find nowadays than it was even just a few years ago.

I’d recommend looking in the natural section of a regular grocery store, or at Target, health food stores, or online.

You can also make your own almond flour at home by adding raw almonds to a food processor and pulsing until they reach a flour-like consistency. Be sure not to pulse too long or they’ll turn into almond butter, which is delicious… but not what you want if you’re making these cookies!

Trending Right Now: Keto Cake – The BEST Chocolate Recipe

Keto Cookies
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

Just 7 Ingredients

Vegan & Gluten Free

Taste Like Shortbread

More Keto Recipes:

Low Carb Ice Cream

Keto Ice Cream

keto cake

Keto Mug Cake

Keto Bombs

Fat Bombs

Keto Brownies - low carb, flourless, vegan (made with coconut flour)

Keto Dessert Recipes

Can Sugar Free Cookies Actually Taste Good?

Growing up, whenever we’d go to my grandparents’ house there would be two sections of treats in the cabinet.

One was the regular, full-of-fat-and-sugar junk food section specifically for us kids. The other was comprised of sugar-free JELL-O, granola bars, and low carb cookies for my grandfather who had Diabetes.

One afternoon, I was curious and snuck off with one of the sugar free peanut butter cookies in the “not for children” stash.

All I remember of that cookie was an artificial aspartame taste that lingered long after the first bite was gone. And I definitely didn’t take a second bite!

Thankfully, sugar free desserts have come a long way, and you have numerous options from which to choose if you need to bake without sugar.

For this particular recipe, both powdered erythritol and Sugar Free Powdered Sugar will work. The photos in this post are of keto cookies made with the former.

If I’m making the cookies for myself or to serve a crowd not on the keto diet, I’ll just use regular powdered sugar or powdered coconut sugar, both of which work fine here as well.

(If you want them to be paleo cookies, use powdered coconut sugar, which can be made by simply pulsing regular coconut sugar in a blender until it turns to powder.)

The Best Easy Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies

Also try these Keto Brownies

Pin it now to save for laterPin Recipe

Keto Cookies

Low carb chocolate chip keto cookies that are soft, easy to make, and sugar free.
4.95/5 (239)
Total Time 10 minutes
Yield 5 large or 10 small

Ingredients

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 325 F. Stir dry ingredients very well (so you don’t end up biting into a clump of baking soda!). Add wet to form a dough. Shape into cookies – I used a cookie scoop to first form balls and then shape into cookies. Place on a cookie tray, and bake on the center rack 10-12 minutes. Let cool an additional 10 minutes before handling, as they are very delicate at first but firm up completely once cool. If you try them, be sure to leave a comment or rate the recipe below!
    View Nutrition Facts

Have you made this recipe?

Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram

More Cookie Recipes:

Low Carb Keto Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars Recipe

Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars

vegan peanut butter cookies

Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

chocolate chip breakfast cookie

Breakfast Cookies (Oil Free)

healthy tagalongs vegan

Get Free Recipes

Don’t Miss Out On The NEW Free Healthy Recipes

Chocolate Covered Katie The Healthy Dessert Blog Recipes

Popular Right Now

Reader Interactions

358 Comments

Leave a comment or reviewLeave a rating
  1. Barbara makee says

I absolutely love these cookies. Quick and easy sweet fix. Thank you so much for sharing!!! ?❤️

I make a batch at least 2-3 nights a week ?

2. Tanya says

Keto Chocolate Chip cookies with Almond flour and Coconut oil and milk instead of butter and eggs are different texture and taste than I’m used to, but none-the-less quite yummy! Thanks for making it simple for someone like me to convert my ways!

3. Suzanne says

I made these tonight. Yum! I used Trader Joe’s almond flour. I also used 2 slightly heaping TBSP (after reading about dryness/crumbling) of coconut oil melted, so it would mix into batter well.

4. Sarah says

Hi Katie, if I wanted to sub coconut flour for the almond flour (nut allergy), do you know what the ratio of dry to wet ingredients would be?
    Thanks so much!

5. HELENA says

I only made half of the recipe because Ive tried some other cookies and they were hard, flat and blah. Now I wish I would have made the full recipe! These are soft and absolutely fabulous!! This will definitely be my go to recipe when I really want cookies! Thank you! 🙂

6. Nick D says

This “keto” cookie recipe doesn’t give the stevia, powdered green equivalent when this is a keto recipe. I followed it, but had to look up stevia equivalent myself. My problem with this is stevia here is presented as an alternative when it should be central, since this is a ketogenic recipe, replete with equivalent. Now everyone’s gotta bail to some other website to make these potentially tasty cookies ketogenic. Like why not even partially make up the sweetness with some stevia then add some maple syrup or honey, or non-glycemic monk fruit “sugar”…

7. Amber says

My god these are so good! Used Lily’s dark choc chips, confectioner swerve, and half & half. I’ve made some pretty good keto/low carb cookies and these DO NOT disappoint!! Thanks Katie for the delish cookies!!

8. Tanya says

Second time in a month I’ve made these. First time super yummy, but then again I added M&M’s. This time I made them totally Keto with Lily’s chocolate chips. They are bitter and salty. Not sure if they get a third try.

• Jason Sanford says

I don’t see how the m and ms would make that big a difference, especially in the salt category (how would they make the cookies less salty?). Is it possible your almond flour went rancid or you accidentally mismeasured the salt? I do that all the time in recipes!

9. Ivy Gackenbach says

So my cookies didn’t flatten out when I baked them. They’re done though? They aren’t doughy but they didn’t flatten. Is that normal? Do I need to flatten them before baking them?

• Jason Sanford says

If they don’t flatten for whatever reason, just press down with a fork or spoon. That’s what I do whenever a cookie recipe I’ve made doesn’t flatten, and it always has worked. Hopefully it will work for you too!

10. Julia grace says

I made these a couple of weeks ago and forgot to save the recipe. I’ve been losing my mind trying to find it again because these are the BEST vegan chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. My dad, who is the biggest skeptic to vegan and healthy alternatives, ate more than half of the batch. Putting this recipe on repeat forever!!

11. Monica says

Just made these and love how simple the recipe is, I didn’t need my stand mixer. I doubled the recipe as I have a Celiac husband and two kids who are always hungry. Instead of sugar I used maple syrup and still worked great, just watched the amount of milk I put in. Definitely keeping tis recipe and making it again! 🙂

12. Susan says

I followed the directions and my cookies looked the same after 12 minutes as when I put them in the oven. What did I do wrong?

• Jason Sanford says

Hmm, I didn’t find that issue, but maybe just use a little less next time if your tastebuds don’t like salt as much as mine do? I think they are perfect as is, but everyone is different! -Jason

13. Kelly says

I was afraid to use two whole tablespoons of sweetener because had had a bad experience with it in a different recipe, so maybe the 1T I used played a part, but I was not impressed with this recipe. The cookies were nothing like my usual chocolate chippers, and were mighty pale. Maybe I will increase the baking soda? I think I will try to find a different recipe. Thanks anyway Katie!

14. Taryn says

I LOVE these! I’ve already made about 3-4 batches. My mom also liked them which is a plus because she is picky about some of my keto recipes. I tried another chocolate chip cookie keto recipe that I wasn’t very fond of. This one is so much better. Thank you!

15. Jeannie says

Super easy to make and tastes great! I double the recipe and use two tbs of erthritol and two tbs of coconut sugar and no one can tell there’s no sugar in them.

16. Kristen says

I’m not sure what I am doing wrong here. I made as instructed but it seems all keto recipes I make have this sour/bitter taste. It’s not the lilys chocolate chips but I think maybe the sweetener? I’ve used swerve and 100% organic erythritol. Any suggestions on a less bitter tasting sweetener?

• Jason Sanford says

Hmm, yeah I’m not usually a big fan of those sweeteners either and can taste it in things like ice creams that have erythritol. Some people love it and can’t taste anything, but I definitely know what you mean about the aftertaste because I notice it with anything containing erythritol too. I did like these cookies when I made them with erythritol, but if you can have regular sugar or coconut sugar, those are my preferences here and both work well in this recipe!

17. Tabitha says

I just made these. The only change I made was to use 4 Tbs Swerve confectioners and about 3 Tbs heavy cream. I like things sweet. I mixed them VERY well. They are actually just as good as real sugar chocolate chip cookies. Mine held together while warm. It’s recipes like this that allow me to get through each day! I do not miss carbs or sugar one bit.

18. Jamie says

I made these the other night and they are great. I was wondering if anyone has tried adding an egg. I think 1 egg may be too much for a single batch but if you doubled it and added 1 egg do you think it would hold together better and have a richer flavor? Just curious. I am a month on Keto now and am just starting to bake again. Thanks for any ideas or comments.

19. Patricia says

I recently went keto and this is one of my favorite recipes!!! It’s delicious and guilt free!! I used Coconut milk one time and almond milk the other and they were both equally delicious! I also used Stevia for the sugar. I love and recommend this recipe for anyone wanting a healthier cookie without giving up the taste of a really good chocolate chip cookie.

20. Chris Roath says

I don’t care for choc chip cookies, but these are as good as any! I was unhappy with my chips Ghiradeli, too big and waxy. 3 tbs was the max I could incorporate. Great recipe!

21. Julia says

Hi! I tried this recipe last night and they were so delicious that we ate them all up!
    We have been looking for a keto friendly crispy tasting cookie and these were the crispiest! We edited the recipe just a little bit. We used a 50/50 mix of erythritol and stevia (both granulated). We used a cookie scoop (1.25oz), to place the cookies on a foil pan. We flattened them using the back of our measuring cup. We baked them at 325 for the first 12 minutes, then raised the temp to 350 for the next 10 minutes (we just left them in the oven while the oven heated. Definitely needed to let them cool, but wow. Best cookies ever!! Just made a double batch baking in the oven as we speak.

22. Moriah Shanahan says

These are the best! Perhaps too good? The more I make them the better they get and my Keto friends LOVE them too… 🙂 I added full fat coconut milk for my milk and pecans and WOW! Delightful. I think I will try some chia seeds next. Also, the peanut butter ideas sounded great!! Woo hoo! Thanks for the great recipe!

23. Cindy says

These were pretty good! I used MCT oil and cashew milk and really enjoy how quick and easy they were to whip up. Thank you!