These delicious peanut butter macaroons are soft, chewy, and ultra peanut buttery!
If you’re looking for a new type of cookie to make this year that’s different from the usual chocolate chip or sugar cookies, definitely give these simple peanut butter macaroons a try.
The recipe can be vegan, gluten free, paleo, sugar free, egg free, and keto friendly; and people who aren’t on any kind of special diet love them too.
Also try this Almond Flour Banana Bread
For the coconut: Look for unsweetened shredded coconut. I have not tried the recipe with sweetened coconut and am not sure it would work. (It also does not work the same way if you try to substitute reduced fat coconut.)
The flour: This recipe works with pretty much every flour I’ve tried so far, including all purpose, spelt, oat, sorghum, almond flour, and even coconut flour.
For the sweetener: Use your favorite liquid sweetener. I like pure maple syrup or agave. Keto maple syrup will work if you’re making sugar free or keto macaroons.
(A second keto option is to replace all of the liquid sweetener with 3 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil and sweeten with stevia to taste.)
The nut butter: This can be peanut butter (natural or conventional), almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower butter for an allergy-friendly version.
Still craving peanut butter? Try this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
The recipe was adapted from my Coconut Macaroons.
Peanut Butter Macaroons
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (for coconut-free, try these Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies)
- 2 tbsp flour OR almond meal
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup or keto syrup (or another keto option is listed above)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter or allergy friendly sub
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- optional chocolate chips or broken-up bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Stir all ingredient together. Either microwave or heat on the stovetop until thick enough to scoop balls onto a cookie tray. (I use a melon baller, or a spoon also works.) Bake on the oven's center rack for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from the tray. If desired, dip in melted chocolate chips or bars.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Peanut Butter Snacks
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites
Merci pour cette recette qui donne envie de la faire très vite ♥