This deliciously thick and creamy vanilla frosty recipe is packed with protein and tastes like a homemade vanilla milkshake!
Imagine being able to make your own Wendy’s vanilla frosty right in your kitchen, any time you want one.
And this healthy version calls for just 5 ingredients!
With less than half the sugar and none of the corn syrup or added flavorings, it’s everything you could ever want in a milkshake – with at least 8 grams of protein per serving (even more if the milk you use has protein).
Also be sure to try this Avocado Smoothie
Vanilla Frosty Ingredients:
Start with your favorite milk (I like almond, cashew, oat milk, or coconut milk), freeze it and then blend with pure vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, sweetener of choice, and silken tofu (or one of the soy free alternatives below).
For a peppermint version, feel free to add a few drops of pure peppermint extract.
Soy Free Options:
To make the recipe without tofu, simply use an equal amount (3/4 cup) of any of the following instead:
Frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream, coconut cream, mashed avocado (which will give it a green color but is still delicious), banana (for a banana frosty, and you can add a dash of cinnamon if desired) or roasted sweet potato (here’s how to cook sweet potatoes). Or you can substitute 1 cup raw soaked cashews.
Leftover tofu? Make this Vegan Chocolate Pie
Above, watch the vanilla frosty recipe video
The frosty recipe was adapted from this Strawberry Smoothie.
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice or nondairy creamer
- 3/4 cup silken tofu (many soy free options are listed above)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener of choice
- As shown in the recipe video above, I freeze the milk or creamer in an ice cube tray beforehand, because it makes the frosty super thick and ice-cream-like, with a similar texture to that of a Wendy's frosty. (If you skip, the recipe will be much thinner but still taste good. Do not add regular ice to the recipe, which would dilute the flavor.) To make the frosty, combine all ingredients in a blender until thick and smooth. I use a Vitamix for creamiest results, but if you only have a regular blender then just thaw the frozen milk enough for your blender to be able to handle it. Serve and enjoy.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram