This soft, moist, and fluffy keto birthday cake is the perfect low carb answer to classic vanilla birthday cake.
Low Carb Birthday Cake
It’s seriously so much better than boxed yellow cake mix.
This completely flourless birthday cake can be dairy free, gluten free, and sugar free, with no coconut flour required – and just 5 ingredients.
The recipe is easy to make at home, so if you’re following a low carb diet, or even if you aren’t following a special diet but simply want to try something fun and new, definitely give this low carb birthday cake a try.
Also try this Keto Cheesecake – Reader Favorite Recipe
Here’s the chocolate version –> Keto Cake Recipe
For A Sugar Free Cake
If you want a sugar free birthday cake, use granulated erythritol or xylitol. Regular sugar or coconut sugar are also fine to use if you don’t care about the cake being sugar free.
Note for those who have requested a diabetic birthday cake:
The first time I made this cake was for a diabetic friend, and while I know many with diabetes use my recipes and often write in to mention appreciating the keto recipes in particular, since everyone is different I always recommend asking your doctor if a recipe, such as this sugar free cake, is suitable for your own personal dietary needs.
For A Vegan Birthday Cake
Low carb cake recipes usually call for eggs, but doing a vegan version is surprisingly easy. You can mix 2 tbsp Bob’s egg replacer with 100 grams of water (1/3 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp) and then let it sit for a few minutes to thicken before using it as the eggs in the recipe.
Or flax eggs also work. (For a double layer cake, use 4 tbsp egg replacer mixed with 200 grams of water, or 3/4 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp. This water is in addition to the amount listed in the recipe ingredients.)
You May Also Like: Keto Pancakes – No Flour Required
I frosted the cake with my Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Feel free to decorate the birthday cake any way you wish, such as with Coconut Whipped Cream, homemade or store-bought vanilla icing, Keto Chocolate Mousse or Vegan Chocolate Mousse, or a scoop of Keto Ice Cream.
Above – watch the video of how to make a keto birthday cake
Keto Birthday Cake
- 2 cups fine almond flour (235g)
- 4 tbsp granular erythritol or regular sugar
- 1/2 cup water or milk of choice
- 2 large eggs, including the vegan options listed earlier in the post
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- *For a double layer cake, simply double the recipe and bake in two 8-inch pans.Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch pan well, or line up the sides with parchment. Stir all ingredients together very well. Spread into the pan. If the top is bumpy, you can press a second sheet of parchment over top to smooth it down. Bake 20 minutes (or until no longer gooey) on the center rack. Let cool completely before going around the sides with a knife and carefully inverting. I linked a few frosting recipes earlier in the post, or use your favorite. If you make the recipe, be sure to rate it below!View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Malcolm Pottery says
real birthday cake this recipe is the best cake i ever made and enjoyed thank you
Very nice Birthday cake recipe!
Lourdes Diego says
I love that I made all the same what put my whole almonds in the blender and the rest of ingredients use the stirring machine and came very good crunchy and tasty I bake almost 25 minutes
Lourdes Diego says
I love that I made all the same but I put my whole almonds in the blender and the rest of ingredients use the stirring machine and came very good crunchy and tasty I baked almost 25 minutes