The Secret Oatmeal Files

My friend, Allison, whom I met though facebook, comes up with the most decadent oatmeal concoctions EVER! Alas, Allison does not have a blog. (I keep telling her that she needs one.) However, she informed me that she’d be happy for me to pass along her recipes via my blog. So, for the next few weeks, I’m going to post one outrageous oatmeal recipe per week. Admittedly, I haven’t tried any of these yet, but Allison has tested them all. Are you ready for some amazingly creative ideas? If so, scroll down!

S’more Oatmeal

Cook up 1/2 cup oats according to directions on the box.
Crush up a graham cracker square and mix it in.
Also mix in a few teaspoons of Smuckers’ Marshmallow topping or Ricemellow Creme.
Throw in some chocolate chips.
Pour milk of choice over the oatmeal and enjoy.

On an unrelated note, I’ve been getting a bunch of wild and wacky searches lately, so be on the lookout for an upcoming post with the third installment of “Crazy searches that lead to my blog.”

1. Kristin says:

Yum! Sounds delish!
    I love ricemellow… I just might have to try this one!

Oh, and I tagged you on my blog =)

2. romina says:

OOOOOOH YUM!!! Smores are something I miss so so much.

3. lighterportions says:

Oh my gosh, that sounds like such a decadent and dessert-y oatmeal! Can’t wait to her what else she comes up with!

4. talieworld says:

Hey! You’ve been tagged! Check out my blog for details.

5. Caitlin says:

Mmm, that sounds really delicious…very decadent. Yum! It’s making me hungry, and I’m already stuffed with sushi! 🙂

6. herbstsonne says:

Wow that sounds really good, I have had marshmellows on the brain recently.

7. Becca says:

I think I’d like your friend to cook me breakfast every morning as well!

I added you to my blogroll, wanted to let you know 🙂

8. ChickPea says:

S’mores AND oatmeal?! Too good to be true! I might have to go get some vegan marshmallow now…

9. Vegan On Stage says:

ive been obsessed with oatmeal lately…

question.. how can i find you on FACEBOOK! hahaha gotta love it

10. poopiebitch says:

Oh man, I want some s’mores oatmeal right now!

11. shellyfish says:

I just ate a bowl of “raw” oatmeal for breakfast- this sounds way sexier!
    I can’t believe what an amazing gal you are, Special K! I didn’t realize you were running your own charity- you are a VERY Special K!

12. oatmeal says:

I’m LOVING all your oatmeal posts! They make my day 😀

I can’t believe I never thought of marhsmellows/ricemellows + oatmeal before!

And I love how you met your friend through facebook–that’s how I met my housemates! :p

Oh, and not sure if you’ve been tagged yet, but I tagged you on my blog!

13. Jenny says:

That sounds really good! Sometimes I have oatmeal in the evening for a snack (it’s sweet, warm, and creamy – what’s not to love?) and this recipe sounds so decadent! Thanks for posting, and thanks to Allison for agreeing to share!

14. fruity says:

That sounds more like dessert! How decadent!!

15. Cherry says:

That oatmeal sounds really delicious! Is that breakfast or dessert?

16. Astra Libris says:

Mmmmm, I am completely excited about the idea of regular oatmeal recipes! I eagerly await the next update of the Secret Oatmeal Files! Thank you, Oatmeal Agent CCV! 😉

17. Aly says:

Oooh man, I definitely will be trying this one out… Sounds fab!

18. Ruby Red Vegan says:

can’t wait for the crazy searches post! allison sounds awesome – i love oatmeal so decadent oatmeal recipes are always welcome. i’ve been having oatmeal for breakfast every day but i thought i’d shake it up today with waffles…but now i regret it because i’m craving oats like crazy!

and of course, you’ll have to post about apple cupcakes if that magazine article you mentioned inspires you to make some!

19. ChocolateCoveredVegan says:

Caitlin—

LOL I have the same problem all the time— I am completely full, but then I see some amazing food picture/recipe and lo-and-behold, I’m hungry again!

20. Ricki says: