Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

White Foods Are Bad For You

Did you know there’s such a thing as the “No white foods” diet?

Scarily enough, it’s true!  The real idea behind the diet is to cut out white, processed/starchy foods (i.e. white flour).  But apparently, followers are told to stay away from all white foods so they don’t get confused as to what’s acceptable and what’s not. Well count me out (not that I was looking for a diet plan anyway). Imagine a life without coconut, almond milk, tofu, coconut, coconut, cauliflower, coconut … did I say coconut yet? 😉 Yay for white!

Good things that are white

Exhibit A: My absolute favorite Raw Coconut Crème Pie.

Exhibit B: Snow in Dallas

Wait a sec.  Everyone knows it doesn’t snow in Dallas, does it? Why yes, yes it does! And when this happens, everything is a mess! Driving is impossible because the native Texans don’t know how to drive in snow, and they therefore go two miles per hour (even if it’s only flurries). Plus, no one owns rock salt or snowmobiles, which means the roads don’t get paved. What would be no big deal in, say, Minnesota, is a very big deal in Big D.

znyc 620

Pool. Palm trees. Snow. What’s out of place?

Exhibit C: Um ok… Well, I guess it *technically* does fit with the theme of the post:

Exhibit D: There’s pale, and then there’s just plain creepy:

Get thee to the nearest Planet Tan! Please, let’s go back to the food, shall we?

Exhibit E:

The delightfully melty snack from yesterday’s post.

Question of the day:

Why do so many people think Edward Cullen, with his ghostly white face and devil red eyes, is insanely hot? What are your favorite white foods?

1. Jenny R. says:

That is soooo funny…you have to be pretty out of it to confuse cauliflower with wonder bread. lol

that’s how pale I am! you should see me without makeup..its scary.

cauliflower, daikon radishes, cashews, coconut…all good white things mm mm

2. Anne says:

Have you seen Twilight, or have you only seen pics?

3. Danielle says:

i’m not sure what you would classify oatmeal as…maybe tan-ish, or quinoa, or bananas (white on the inside!)…but a life without white would be tragic

4. Melissa says:

You´re hilarious- as usual!

I can´t go without silken tofu, it makes my smoothies so creamy and delicious!

5. Jo Stockton says:

Ooh, I love coconut too. And white chocolate, which is barely chocolate at all…still counts though!

6. lexi. says:

I love white foods! Especially tofu and jicama!

7. tangerinesandmarmalade says:

That diet sounds so silly! Avoid ALL white foods so you won’t get “confused”? Whaddup with that?
    I love fage and almond milk, and on the rare occasion, a warm piece of sourdough bread, straight outta the oven!

8. candice says:

What an obscure diet. o_o I think I would nuts without white in my diet! Balance, people, balance. Love my almond milk, vanilla ice cream, goat cheese, cauliflower… who dares call cauliflower unhealthy?

9. Michal says:

I love bananas, one you peel them of course!

I think a lot of people really like edwards character, not really him. His personality makes him hot… does that even make sense? Ill take jacob any day though 😉

10. tabitha says:

the inside is white, does that count?

11. What a cute post! I love white food!

12. April says:

You are too cute 🙂

I’m casper right now so white things are cool!

13. Stephanie says:

I love all things coconut, vanilla rice milk, and silken tofu for my chocolate mousse (perfect when you have a serious chocolate craving!). Did I mention coconut? Oh yes, you did too! 😉

14. Wow. I eat a lot of white foods 🙂 You are such a creative blogger!

15. Emily says:

I’ve been trying to think of all the foods I couldn’t have if I was on this diet… cashews (cashew ice cream!), oats (white ish!), quinoa flakes, beansprouts, cauliflower, kolrabi, parsnips, Asian pears, tofu, soy milk (but not chocolate soy milk 😉 ), soy yogurt, ground almonds, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, raw tahini, hemp hearts, white chia seeds, celeriac, pak choi, turnip, canellini, haricot and butterbeans, amazake, rice protein powder, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, salt, ok I’m getting a little over the top now but… nooo! However… may if one were to buy a giant sized bottle of food colouring!!!! Where would you get your calcium from for goodness sake?!

16. Shelby says:

White foods are so good! A life without coconut is no life at all!

I totally agree with you on Edward Cullen. Bleh, not hot!

17. Jessica says:

Did we mention Coconut?! LOVE IT…especially with chocolate! YUMMY!!! Especially in fudge babies!!!

🙂 I love the toilet too! hehehehe!

18. Maria says:

I believe that unhealthy white foods is ok in moderation, and you did ask for one of my favorites, which is European style crusty bread. Yuuum! I also love coconut, cauliflower, tofu, soy milk, Asian radishes, and napa cabbage (it can be mostly white). Could you send me some of Exhibit E? 😉 I reaally need to try that recipe topped with melty coconut buttah!

19. Iris says:

Coconut of course! And how about mushrooms? And yogurt! I secretly love butter too…And Edward Cullen.

20. Cassie says:

he’s not pale, he’s glow-in-the-dark! but i love him anyways! my favorite white food? probably cauliflower. it’s so yummy raw or cooked 🙂