She’s not Wearing Make-up

As if once weren’t enough?

I felt like a huge cop-out when I posted the last ugly no-makeup photo. It wasn’t a particularly hot morning that day, and therefore I was not a complete red mess like I normally am after a summer run. But never fear; yesterday provided me the opportunity to show you just how red I can be:

runpic2

No make-up, sweaty, bird-nest hair, & red as a Red Velvet Cupcake.

Is this really New York? It was 80 degrees when I headed out yesterday morning, but the temperature climbed to 88 by the time I got home. It’s not usually that hot in the mornings in Texas! (Yesterday, when it was 100 here, it was only 87 back in Dallas. I thought I came up north to beat the heat. Joke’s on me!)

How are you dealing with the heat? Or is it not hot in your neck of the woods? I’m keeping cool by eating frozen foods. I bought a fun new food the other day, to share with my cousins:

ddl

It was delicious! (Just like the title says.) I could’ve eaten a whole pint of the sweet stuff in my sugar high days. But this time, I stuck to about a serving.

Time for a CHALLENGE:

Come join me in makeup-less land. If you’re brave enough, post your own “no makeup” photos on your blogs.

1. Stop it! You look great 🙂

I’m all about eating Ice Cream to cool down in the heat too … I never want this heat wave to stop hehehe

2. Riiiight. I’d have people unsubscribing from my feed left and right. Bah!
    I do wear mascara daily. Everything else is give or take, but must have the mascara! Eyeliner is preeeetty fabulous too.

1. Keri,
      Hmmm, well that might still happen to me LOL. We’ll see!

3. Ilana says:

you’re GORGEOUS without makeup!
    can you believe this heat here??! it’s ridiculous. RIDICULOUS!! i’ve been drinking so much water I think the reservoir is gonna go dry.

I actually wrote a post a while back and posted a picture of myself without makeup – http://www.happyhealthyhottie.com/?p=164 As far as my own makeup, I wear black eyeliner every day but nothing else (i look l ike a dead person without it)

1. Ilana,
      I was chomping glasses of ice cubes yesterday!

4. Katie says:

You still look gorgeous!

I posted some pretty nasty pictures of myself post-run yesterday. I’m also soaking wet because I ran in the rain…it’s been cool and cloudy here for the last few days. I’ll send you some cool weather, if you send me some sunshine!

1. Katie,
      Haha cute photos! And it’s a deal! There’s definitely enough extra heat here to spare you some.

5. You still look super pretty without it!
    I always wear foundtion and powder if I’m going out, and eye stuff if it’s something more than just a trip to the store 😛 Otherwise,my face is NAKED!

6. Meg says:

Oh pleeeease Katie – you look GORGEOUS no matter what kind of situation you’re in, and makeup or not! It makes me so happy to see a woman who has confidence like you, I LOVE it and I wish more girls and women could do the same and realize how trul beautiful they are. You are such a blessing!!

I love Soy Delicious ice cream! Ahh the fruit sweetened Carob flavor is to die for 😀

Love ya!

1. Meg,
      YOU are the blessing. You always have such nice things to say; so full of positivity! And I’ll look out for that carob flavor, as I wasn’t too fond of the fruit-sweetened chocolate-pb.

7. I don’t wear make-up! . . . only mascara and liner for the most special events. . . And if you’re calling that picture “ugly,” you’re insane Katie! 🙂

8. The heat here has gone away for a few days. My weather bot on my browser says 55F and it’s cloudy! Yay! I like running when it’s cool. I’m about to head out. It was only a few days ago that the weather was in the 90s multiple days in a row. Colorado is nothing if not varied!

I don’t wear makeup everyday, though I work from home a lot. When I go into the office, I make sure to pretty things up, other wise I go for a more natural (read: lazy) look. 🙂

No post workout photos for me! No one is usually home when I get back from running, since the bf is at work. That is not the time to be taking close up, self head shot photos!

9. Jennifer says:

I’m in NJ so it’s just as awful here. Plus, my cheap air conditioner can’t really deal with it so I spend most of my home-time lying in bed, sweating, and being generally useless. Making dinner is awful.

Oh, and all my pic are make-up-less. I wear make-up sometimes for special occasions but usually I forget and/or don’t care. Guys aren’t expected to wear make-up, so why should I?! And your skin looks just as nice without the make-up AND sweaty, so you shouldn’t worry yourself about it so much either! Natural beauty!

1. Jennifer,
      I totally agree with you re: guys. Why does society expect women to wear makeup, shave our legs, and wear high heels?! Guys get off scot free!!

10. Sarahishealthy says:

You’re prettier without makeup than I am WITH makeup!!!

11. Mitri says:

I almost never wear makeup, so any photo you find of me on my blog/facebook/etc IS makeup-free. 😉

Ahh! I’ve heard about how it is hotter in NYC right now than in TX. I’m going upstate NY in August, so I really hope when I go, it better not be that damn hot! At least you got some delish ice cream 🙂

12. T says:

What are you talking about? You don’t look ugly, you look glowing and gorgeous!

Frozen fruit is one of my favorite ways to cool off, and here in DC its nearly 100 degrees!

13. abby says:

wow you ARE so brave! i really love how “real” you really are being with your readers. it’s no wonder your blog is so popular when you are willing to share so much of yourself with us :).
    oh, and your non makeup photo is still beautiful.

14. Sarah says:

I love So Delicious ice creams. And I’m not even a vegan!

15. katie says:

this is completely off topic but i was just wondering what ur studying in college?!
    anywho, u, me, nyc?! im there! lol maybe some other bloggers/blogees too 🙂
    whatcha up to for today?! whoa id “?!” wayyyyyyy to much.:-P

1. katie,
      LOL I didn’t even know it, but at the exact time you were writing this, I was sending you an email! Creepy-cool!

16. HVL says:

You look really pretty in this photo and I wouldn’t have guessed you’d been for a run if you hadn’t told us. I thought you didn’t look too good in the other photo. I’m not sure many people do after they’ve been for a run and are squinting into the sun!

17. katie says:

ps ur beautiful without makeup too!

18. I get really red when I run too, lol. I posted pictures of myself sans-makeup on my blog a little over a year ago (taken before an early morning 1/2 marathon.) http://pbjess.blogspot.com/2009/04/on-your-mark-get-setgo.html

I do wear makeup on a day-to-day basis, but my routine takes less than 5 min. Eyeliner and mascara are essentials, otherwise I look asleep all day!

19. Aw, Katie! You look awesome without makeup! I’m way too uggo without makeup (I always say I came out of the womb with eyeliner on!), so I won’t be posting one of these … but you go, girl!

20. Run Sarah says:

You look great Katie! I have posted a few post run photos before, I will do another one soon. Love your bright coloured running gear too – my favourite workout clothing is bright!