Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Breakfast Sundae School

Did you go to Sunday School when you were a kid?

I only went twice, as I missed my mom and cried the whole time. Hey, I was only in pre-school! Later, I did attend CCD classes. But the following is a Sundae School I probably would have loved:

The “Breakfast Sundae” School! :)

breakfast sundae

The way I see it, a good ice cream sundae has three things: whipped cream (especially good with the whipped cream trick!), sprinkles, and chocolate sauce. So, naturally, the same rule should follow for an oatmeal “breakfast sundae.”

Breakfast Sundae Components

Whipped Cream:

Sprinkles

• slivered almonds
  • raisins
  • actual sprinkes
  • shredded coconut
  • cinnamon or cocoa dust
  • raw oats

Optional add-ins:

• banana (for banana split)
  • high-protein chocolate brownie
  • berries
  • crumbled fudge babies

And don’t forget the chocolate syrup! (Melted PMS chocolate)

occ

1. Daniel says:

The pumpkin breakfast sundae pretty much looks like my ideal breakfast sundae… haha!
    I love pumpkin, walnuts would be great, umm a bit of peanut or almond butter, maple syrup and maybe some bananas.

2. erinsloves says:

Okay girl you get the award for having the most recipes I want to try!! That cookie dough breakfast Sundae looks fabolicious!!!! Love reading your posts chica!

3. Sundae for breakfast – I love how you think girl 😀

4. Jenny says:

Yum – I would put strawberries, sliced almonds, chocolate chips, chopped bananas, and whipped cream. I love how you use raw oats as a sprinkle – such an easy, pretty addition.

5. I never went to Sunday school – not in the least religious!
    Hmm dream Sunday…no whipped cream (I hate it!), but chocolate, dates, almonds, peanuts…..granola…oh so much!

6. Nicky says:

I never went to Sunday school but sundae school sounds way more fun and tastier! I love pumpkin soo much, I just wish it was more readily available over here in the UK!

7. Marina says:

Uu, mine would have vanilla ice cream, banana, sprinkled coconut and pb.
    Hm. I should make some right now 😀

8. Love the idea of a breakfast sundae! You always have great ideas. :)

Not sure what would be in my ideal sundae, chocolate in some form I think.

9. Claire says:

Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries… basically something creamy (soya based) and berries, refreshing and healthy.

I’ve just spent the last couple of days reading your archives – your recipes are so interesting and different and tasty! I made the chocolate fudge babies (with cashews) and the carrot cake ones too. NOM!! Particularly good because although I’m not a vegan, I am a bit dairy intolerant (and totally wheat intolerant) and do eat a predominantly vegetarian diet. Quick question – how difficult is it, as a vegan, when you’re going out to dinner with groups of friends? I struggle enough in restaurants with the wheat thing, but at least I can just be like “Oh can you just make me a grilled chicken salad?”.

1. Claire,
      Awwww I’m so excited you tried the babies! :)
      As for going out, I don’t usually have a problem with it. So many restaurants nowadays are able to accommodate vegans (especially ethnic restaurants), and you can usually at least order a few sides together or get some steamed veggies and bring some of your meal from home. Or, if I just want to go out for the company, I sometimes eat beforehand (or afterwards).

10. I blogged about your Vegan Cheesecake today. :) Actually, all of my recipes were vegan today!

11. Oh, and yes. I went to Sunday School & CCD as well. 😉

12. Krystina says:

I have SUCH a craving for chocolate chips. I must have some!

13. I’d say an ideal breakfast sunday would be a gigantic cookie topped with mounds of ice cream and hot fudge chocolate sauce. Everyday. 😉 But since we don’t want anybody to go into cardiac arrest..I’d go with chocolate oatmeal between two bananas with whipped cream and crushed graham crackers. :)

14. Meant sundae* but Sunday works, too..plus Monday-Saturday if we’re talking about when to eat these goodies. 😉

15. Kiersten says:

I bet less people would skip breakfast everyday if they woke up to one of your lovely creations.

16. I am thinking that the perfect sundae would be a peanut butter chocolate combination (cant really get that ice cream in the UK so have to improvise)- maybe banana blended in with some cocoa and PB- amazing

17. mapledreams says:

I used to HATE going to Sunday School! The onyl reason i went was because of the orange juice and chocolate biscuits afterwards!
    YUM! Sundae breakfasts, yummmm! Mine would have to contain a caramel element;) xx

18. MMmmmM this is definitely something that sounds good to me “Breakfast Sundae” … in fact after Sunday Mass as a kid my mom would stop off at mcdonalds and we would get strawberries sundaes or the hot fudge ones (my fav). thankfully theres much healthier alternatives to those milk bombs haha.

my idea one would probably be a vanilla protein pudding sundae with carob chips and glazed strawberries with chopped peanuts and coconut shreds ontop 😛

…extras might include graham cookie crumbles or brownie bits :) :)

HAVE A GORGEOUS WEEKEND LOVE!

19. Rebecca says:

I am so glad I have found your blog! Recently I have gone from just not eating meat, to not eating dairy products (although I am still eating fish and eggs, just for now, until I get used to vegan cooking). Your blog sends out a great message to people that a vegan diet doesn’t have to mean eating vegetables all day.

I’ve talked about this breifly in one of my posts, if you have the time check it out, please do :) I’m writing this from the UK so my vegan products won’t be the same as yours, but seeing how creative you are with food, I’m sure you could re-create the recipies!

Btw, you are gorgeous, and not too skinny at all, (I’ve been searching through your posts since I found your blog.) As long as your healthy that’s all that matters. I know a girl who is tiny, and eats junk food 24/7 – but when her metabolism slows down with age, she’ll end up being really unhealthy, so it sounds to me like you’ve got a perfect balance of food and excersise.

20. Rebecca,
    Wow, than you so much for taking the time to write out such a wonderful comment. I’m so glad you found me. And thanks for the link too. I’ll definitely check out your bloggie :).

21. not sure if I have commented before, but I love your blog. I read it all the time!! :)
    hrmm….. i would DEFINITELY include some form of berry, but perhaps stewed or baked apples and cinnamon, or maybe stewed strawberry rhubarb. and maybe a handful of granola!?
    well… you can guess where I am off to now. definitely making my own sundae!

22. That raw greek yogurt sounds interesting, but I have the hardest time finding macadamia nuts. They are my husbands favorite!

If I could have a breakfast sundae-I would most definitely put chocolate chips, sunbutter, banana and maybe even some cherries :)

23. Rachael says:

Breakfast sundaes are a brilliant concept. Almost puts a good spin on sunday school for me…ah, extremely Catholic childhoods. Nuns probably would have liked me better if I had brought them an actual sundae!

24. Erika says:

I linked you in my post!

25. I would definitely have whip cream!!!! And some chocolate and bananas and rasberries!!!