Creamy Dreamy Frosting

Does this ever happen to you?

You fall in love with a certain food or recipe and want to eat it every single day. I experienced this a few months ago, going on a major carrot-cake kick. I ate everything from cupcakes to Carrot Cake in a Bowl. But the love fest left me feeling so burned out I didn’t even want to look at anything carrot-cake for months. Luckily, yesterday afternoon, the carrot-cake monster returned!

cashew butter

My frosting-topped Single Lady Cupcake.

Now let’s talk about that frosting. Normally, I pair coconut butter with all my carrot cake-themed recipes, but yesterday I decided to be different. So I made cashew-banana butter. It’s just my regular banana butter recipe (banana blended with peanut butter), except I subbed Artisana cashew butter for the peanut butter.

Since that recipe, with its two ingredients, is much to simple to warrant a post of its own, I’m offering you a different cashew butter frosting recipe today:

cashew butter

Creamy Dreamy Frosting

(Makes about 1 1/3 cup)

• 2/3 cup silken-firm tofu (140 g) (Soy-Free Version Here)
  • 6 tbsp raw cashew butter (or peanut or sunbutter)
  • scant 1/8th tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • pinch uncut stevia, or powdered sugar to taste

Blend everything in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet cup. This frosting is thicker when cold, so it’s a good idea to make it up ahead of time.

carrot-shake

Link Of The Day: Breakfast Carrot Cake Milkshake

Hmmm, maybe it’s time to experiment and make some carrot cake blondies

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. I constantly over do it when it comes to a certain flavor/recipe – I eat it until I can’t eat it anymore! :)

2. VeggieGirl says:

OH yes – I love hazelnut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin seed butter, brazil nut butter… shall I go on? 😀

3. Sadly (or not), I’m not particularly fond of any nut butter. But I do love tahini and pumpkin butter! Really really good 😀
    I totally agree with you about falling in love with a certain food or recipe and wanting to eat it every single day! Been through that so so so many times! There was a peanut phase (no peanut butter though), sesame phase, pumpkin phase, chocolate phase, mocha phase, matcha phase, banana phase…and the carrot cake phase too! There’s more but I’ll stop before anybody thinks I’m weird! 😀 Currently on sort of a beany phase, totally triggered by you!!!! Haha 😀

1. Oh yes! And chestnut butter (like Lenna!)! MUST mention that… that tastes amazing 😀

4. Gen says:

Yum!! I love cashew and coconut butter, and I really want to try almond butter!!!

5. Lisa Fine says:

I absolutely love cashew butter. Coconut butter and sunflower seed butter are up there too.

6. OO!!!! can i eat this SOLO?
    u betcha I can! … i love cashew butter! but its better bought than homemade.. i made it weird last time!!… yes! i love almond butter, cashew butter but peanut butter i can NEVER get sick of~!

1. Emily says:

Oh I’ve definitely eaten the peanut butter version of this recipe solo! And you bet I’ve eaten the whole thing in a sitting!

7. Mmmmm…finally a frosting I won’t feel bad about eating by the spoonful! 😉

8. I love other nut butters, especially ones with brazil nuts in them (I had a tropical one with brazills and macadamias and it was so good)- hazelnut butter is lovely with sweet things, and I love almond butter too. Yum. But PB is still the king!
    And thanks for your comment too :)

1. Hazelnut butter sounds soooo good… I want to try it!

9. Stefanie says:

I like all types of nut and seeds butters. I alternate between cashew, sunflower seed, almond, and peanut butter. Some times I’ll throw in tahini to change it up a bit.

10. Sarah says:

Carrot cake and pumpkin flavors are my absolute favorite!!! The two must be incorporated into one recipe, and YOU are the girl to create that recipe!

1. Hmmm… maybe a carrot-pumpkin cinnamon roll? I need to work on a cinnamon roll recipe!

11. Vogelstar says:

You should try tahini (sesame butter) with a swirl of molasses in your oatmeal. Mmm

1. Oooh my gosh I’ll have to try this!

12. Lisa says:

yes! I love pretty much all nut butters I have tried. Peanut, soynut, cashew, hazelnut (I prefer chocolate hazelnut) and almond! I like almond better when it’s sweetened, like honey almond butter. mmm!
    and i TOTALLY know what you mean about burning out after eating something too much. I do that ALL the time! I love something and then eat it every day and then I cant touch it for months because even the thought of eating it makes me feel sick. That happened to me with lots of snacks hahah until I realized, maybe every OTHER day would work better so I can still eat the yummy snacks without getting sick of them :)

13. tea-bag says:

i am a big time fan of nuttzo & sunflower seed butters! love them!

14. I love the word you’ve created! Awesomeliciousness! wonderful! I love pretty much every nut and seed butter going! Sunflower seed butter is a fave but almond and cashew are just delicious and give pb a run for its money :-)

15. Lauren says:

I am a bunny. I legit eat carrots everyday and carrot cake is likke the 2nd fav dessert for me (apple cake wins 1st place). BUT i will be trying these fo sure :) they look amazing!! Hmm I love me some pb, but almond butter is pretta bomb as well. How about Hazelnut or Pumpkin Seed butter? ever tried those! quite different and delish!!

1. I’ve never tried pumpkin seed butter! I *almost* bought it once, but it was $20 and I resisted.

16. Eric Jaffa says:

I like almond butter and cashew butter.

17. lindsay says:

i think I like any nut butter, dip, frosting, etc. Condiments are my thing. Excited for your nut butter page! My favorite would be sunflower seed butter
    LC

18. Lot-O-Choc says:

Oooh this looks good! I get stuff like that all the time where I cant stop eating one thing!! I love roasted cauliflower at the moment..I cant get enough of it!

1. Emily says:

Me too! Me too! I love cauliflower!

19. Charissa says:

A healthy icing! That’s what I’ve been thinking of making for ages…I still keep mixing up a little almond milk with powdered sugar (bad me!)…so you’ve inspired me!

20. I really think I’m a classic peanut butter girl. I tried almond butter recently, and it just didn’t get me the way peanut butter does!