18 Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Happy Friday!

Some of y’all have asked me to spread out my recipe posts, not offering a new one every day, so you have a chance to catch up. I am trying… but it’s difficult because there are so many recipes I want to post before Christmas!

For today, I’m still working on the “post a photo for every recipe” project. Now, if you click on my Breakfast tab, you will see the following:

voluminous-oatmeal_thumb      snickerdoodle-pie-1

My Oatmeal Recipes                                Cinnamon Roll Pie

vegan-blueberry-muffin_thumb      b1

Single-Lady Muffins                                 Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl

pear      sni

Vanilla-Pear Breakfast Cobbler                      Polka Dot Banana Bread

b3      b4

Peach Breakfast Bake                                      Magic Breakfast Pudding

b8      b2

Mad Scrambled Tofu                                   Breakfast Pizza Cake

b6      almond-joy-biscuits_thumb

Polenta for Brekkie                                    Chocolate-Almond Biscuits

lemon_thumb      vegan-whip-cream_thumb52

Lemon Poppyseed Mini Muffins                        Vegan Cream

b5      oatmeal_thumb1

Banana Bread in a Bowl                                  Baked Oatmeal Cakes

doughnutnotdone3      pancakes-sharper_thumb

Cake Batter Doughnuts                                    My Pancake Recipes

Question of the Day:

What’s your favorite meal of the day?

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? My favorite meal of the day is any meal that includes chocolate!

1. Breakfast has always been my favorite – but dinner is good too because you can look forward to it all day long.

2. My favorite meal of the day is most definitely breakfast! I could eat breakfast for any meal of the day.

3. I love EVERY meal! Simply because I can easily make dessert for any 😀
    And I’m excited for your recipes!!!!

4. every meal is my favorite meal of the day :p. but i look forward most to having homemade chocolate every evening, does that count ;)?

5. My favorite meal of the day is BREAKFAST by far. I love waffles and muffins and oatmeal.

6. Claire says:

Oh my word. Everything you make looks delicious!!! I love, love breakfast, so I will have to try some of these!! Can I drop out of school and become your personal taste-tester assistant? 🙂 Seriously, this blog rocks!

1. Haha yes please do! I always need more taste-testers. (Unless, of course, the food I’m testing is chocolate. Then I am greedy and don’t want to share ;).)

7. Megan says:

I like the setup! Thanks for posting so many pictures too. I agree with you that the best meals are the ones with chocolate. Hence, I often eat a chocolate vita top in the morning 🙂 Breakfast is certainly one of my favorite meals. I guess it depends on the day though, which meal will top the list. It is usually a toss-up between breakfast and dinner because I tend to like those foods best. Also- which Nu-Naturals stevia do you use in your recipes? The one for baking with fiber in it?

1. No, I actually just use the regular stevia packets. It’s just stevia and maltodextrin, I think. I’ve never tried the “more fiber” blend.

8. Ruthiey says:

You are making me hungry! And I already had breakfast and my midday snack! Ep! 🙂

9. I love breakfast! I always wake up with a raging appetite!

10. They all look great for serving holiday guests!

11. Kit-Kat says:

Dinner and dessert! 🙂

12. Breakfast I think is by far my favorite meal of the day, so odd because it used to be my least favorite! But I look forward to my morning oatmeal everyday! But I am thinking maybe I need to try one of your recipes and shake things up a bit!

13. hmmmm, dinner! Most would say breakfast but I love a comforting dinner after a long day.

14. Shannon says:

I, for one, *love* that you send out a new recipe a day! It’s one of the first things I look for and open when I look at the list of my new emails for the day. The order in which I open my email is usually:

1. Anything from my fiance
    2. Anything from my mom
    3. Anything from you.

Seriously! That’s a sign of an amazing blog 😉

So please know that some of us love your daily doses of Chocolate Covered Katie goodness.

1. Awww that means SO much to me!

15. Gro says:

Definitely breakfast and then of course dessert 😉

16. Polly says:

Hello,
    I used your recipe for POLKA DOT BANANA BREAD. But I am like many others. I have to “tweak” the recipe. I added from 1-2 cups of mixed fresh fruit, including pomegranate seeds, grapes, apples, etc, plus the bananas, and I used Truvia. What a wonderful treat!!!! Tthank you for sharing the recipe. I have tried several of your recipes and really like them! Thanks again for sharing your ideas. Friends, Polly.

1. Aw I’m so excited you tried it, Polly! 🙂

17. Love all the pictures! My favorite meal is dinner. I love breakfast food, but I’m not too hungry in the mornings, so breakfast food for dinner is the perfect solution!

18. Amanda says:

I think my favorite meal of the day is dinner. It’s the one meal where I pretty much always take the time to focus on preparing my food rather than throwing something quick together. And I make sure to sit down and enjoy it.

But dessert isn’t bad either. 🙂

19. Aubrey says:

Keep the recipes coming!! I love having a new one everyday 🙂