Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

18 Healthy Breakfast Ideas

Happy Friday!

Some of y’all have asked me to spread out my recipe posts, not offering a new one every day, so you have a chance to catch up. I am trying… but it’s difficult because there are so many recipes I want to post before Christmas!

For today, I’m still working on the “post a photo for every recipe” project. Now, if you click on my Breakfast tab, you will see the following:

voluminous-oatmeal_thumb      snickerdoodle-pie-1

My Oatmeal Recipes                                Cinnamon Roll Pie

vegan-blueberry-muffin_thumb      b1

Single-Lady Muffins                                 Pumpkin Bread in a Bowl

pear      sni

Vanilla-Pear Breakfast Cobbler                      Polka Dot Banana Bread

b3      b4

Peach Breakfast Bake                                      Magic Breakfast Pudding

b8      b2

Mad Scrambled Tofu                                   Breakfast Pizza Cake

b6      almond-joy-biscuits_thumb

Polenta for Brekkie                                    Chocolate-Almond Biscuits

lemon_thumb      vegan-whip-cream_thumb52

Lemon Poppyseed Mini Muffins                        Vegan Cream

b5      oatmeal_thumb1

Banana Bread in a Bowl                                  Baked Oatmeal Cakes

doughnutnotdone3      pancakes-sharper_thumb

Cake Batter Doughnuts                                    My Pancake Recipes

Question of the Day:

What’s your favorite meal of the day?

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? My favorite meal of the day is any meal that includes chocolate!

1. Breakfast has always been my favorite – but dinner is good too because you can look forward to it all day long.

2. My favorite meal of the day is most definitely breakfast! I could eat breakfast for any meal of the day.

3. I love EVERY meal! Simply because I can easily make dessert for any 😀
    And I’m excited for your recipes!!!!

4. every meal is my favorite meal of the day :p. but i look forward most to having homemade chocolate every evening, does that count ;)?

5. My favorite meal of the day is BREAKFAST by far. I love waffles and muffins and oatmeal.

6. Mira says:

Great ideas, thank you!

7. Claire says:

Oh my word. Everything you make looks delicious!!! I love, love breakfast, so I will have to try some of these!! Can I drop out of school and become your personal taste-tester assistant? :) Seriously, this blog rocks!

1. Haha yes please do! I always need more taste-testers. (Unless, of course, the food I’m testing is chocolate. Then I am greedy and don’t want to share ;).)

8. the “post a photo for every recipe” project = you are a better woman than I.

Bravo to you on this “little” undertaking!

9. Megan says:

I like the setup! Thanks for posting so many pictures too. I agree with you that the best meals are the ones with chocolate. Hence, I often eat a chocolate vita top in the morning :-) Breakfast is certainly one of my favorite meals. I guess it depends on the day though, which meal will top the list. It is usually a toss-up between breakfast and dinner because I tend to like those foods best. Also- which Nu-Naturals stevia do you use in your recipes? The one for baking with fiber in it?

1. No, I actually just use the regular stevia packets. It’s just stevia and maltodextrin, I think. I’ve never tried the “more fiber” blend.

10. My favorite meal of the day is breakfast, I could eat tofu scrambles any time of day and any way whether with toast of wrapped up in a tortilla to go. Have a great weekend!!

11. Ruthiey says:

You are making me hungry! And I already had breakfast and my midday snack! Ep! :)

12. I love breakfast! I always wake up with a raging appetite!

13. vogelstar says:

Definately lunch for me. I need a good meal in the middle of the day as that’s the time when my energy is at it’s lowest. Lunch is fun because it’s not too early or late for any type of doods, not that I ever needed society’s approval for anything I ate :)

14. You’re so organized! I really need to spend some time revamping my recipe page, making it a little more user friendly, and adding some pretty pics!

15. They all look great for serving holiday guests!

16. Kate says:

I might be the only one, but I like getting an email EVERYDAY! Seriously, I look forward to opening my email and seeing a post.

1. Melissa says:

You’re not the only one hun, I’m a “recipe every day” girl myself… in fact spreading them out takes me from reading the blog every day to reading it no more than once a week! (Being honest to be kind!) So lets just say I wouldn’t want Katie to hold back, though I can totally understand it if she doesn’t have enough time and it’s a bit taxing… My guess = more recipes = more traffic but that’s just based on me! Each time I come and there’s no recipe posted since the last time, I just space out the time I visit more so a few of the recipes accumulate! I’m terrible I know :-)

1. Sarah says:

But if you only come once a week, how do you know if it’s a day there’ll be a new recipe? 😉

Katie, I enjoy ALL your posts, even the non recipe posts. It’s such a joy to read your well written words and cute stories :).

2. Melissa says:

Hi Sarah, I just track back at past posts until I get to the last recipe I recognize. I find myself going to this blog for healthy dessert ideas. The only things that will ever put me off repeatedly coming back are (1) not enough recipes, and (2) too many recipes made with sugar (sugar is the devil in my book!). I enjoy all of Katie’s stories too but it depends on what you go to a particular blog for, and I just can’t understand why anyone would ask Katie to slow down with the recipes, I think it might be their way of saying, don’t burn yourself out… and I agree with that too

17. Moni'sMeals says:

Great post here, great eats all over.

I love every meal, what can I say. Especially my around 3pm snack time…. with coffee/tea and a treat of 1, 2, or 3 of something GOOD. :)

18. Kit-Kat says:

Dinner and dessert! :-)

19. Breakfast I think is by far my favorite meal of the day, so odd because it used to be my least favorite! But I look forward to my morning oatmeal everyday! But I am thinking maybe I need to try one of your recipes and shake things up a bit!

20. hmmmm, dinner! Most would say breakfast but I love a comforting dinner after a long day.

21. Shannon says:

I, for one, *love* that you send out a new recipe a day! It’s one of the first things I look for and open when I look at the list of my new emails for the day. The order in which I open my email is usually:

1. Anything from my fiance
    2. Anything from my mom
    3. Anything from you.

Seriously! That’s a sign of an amazing blog 😉

So please know that some of us love your daily doses of Chocolate Covered Katie goodness.

1. Awww that means SO much to me!

22. Gro says:

Definitely breakfast and then of course dessert 😉

23. Polly says:

I used your recipe for POLKA DOT BANANA BREAD. But I am like many others. I have to “tweak” the recipe. I added from 1-2 cups of mixed fresh fruit, including pomegranate seeds, grapes, apples, etc, plus the bananas, and I used Truvia. What a wonderful treat!!!! Tthank you for sharing the recipe. I have tried several of your recipes and really like them! Thanks again for sharing your ideas. Friends, Polly.

1. Aw I’m so excited you tried it, Polly! :)

24. Love all the pictures! My favorite meal is dinner. I love breakfast food, but I’m not too hungry in the mornings, so breakfast food for dinner is the perfect solution!

25. Amanda says:

I think my favorite meal of the day is dinner. It’s the one meal where I pretty much always take the time to focus on preparing my food rather than throwing something quick together. And I make sure to sit down and enjoy it.

But dessert isn’t bad either. :)

26. Aubrey says:

Keep the recipes coming!! I love having a new one everyday :)

27. Joanna says:

LOVE your photography, btw!

28. Breakfast is defs my favourite meal! :)

29. bitt of raw says:

I don’t mind if you post a recipe a day. Then I can have all the options while doing holiday baking. This thanksgiving I wished some bloggers posted the recipes earlier since I had already gone shopping. But I might be the only one who thinks this way.

30. Stephanie Murphy says:

My favorite meal is definitely breakfast! I usually have chocolate and/or oats with my breakfast every day. It makes sense why I love your blog so much!

31. Rebecca says:

I love that you post almost every day!

32. Breanne says:

Breakfast is definitely now my favorite. I’m not sure when it happened because dinner used to be. I think it may have started with pancakes becoming my comfort food in college, which is especially weird because I never really used to like pancakes. Now pancakes, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, bread, bagels–love it all!

33. ErikaMC says:

My favorite meal is breakfast! I crave it as soon as I wake up and could eat “breakfast” food for every meal. I just made your Banana Polka Dot Bread last night and I absolutely love your baked Cookie Dough Oatmeal – going to try the pancakes this weekend!

34. Caryn says:

I like the recipes everyday. Folks might just have to read faster!

35. WOW! What a great idea. I’ve been working on a recipe page for awhile, but it keeps glitching, and can be a lot of work 😛 I love your idea of using photos for all of them!

Favourite meal of the day? I don’t think I can pick, haha. Each one has something amazing and different about it :)

36. Gen says:

Yuum!!!! Breakfast is the best!

37. Breakfast on week-ends when I have much time!!!

38. ahhh this post makes me want to quit studying and go bake! breakfast is by far my favorite, I usually have it twice a day!

39. A. Non! says:

I can’t believe that people would request that you *not* post a recipe every day. That’s ridiculous! Especially before Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Year’s! But I also really don’t want you to burn out; so, you know, take your time.

Picture idea: If you don’t have the time, desire, or ingredients to prepare a recipe for which you need a picture–draw us one! People on the internets love drawings.

And doesn’t it go without saying that fans of a dessert blog will like breakfast–the only time it’s socially acceptable to eat something sweet as your meal? My fancy recipe: Raw cinnamon rolls (Alissa Cohen’s recipe; no dehydrator needed). So deceptively delicious.

1. Raw cinnamon rolls? Woah, that sounds fantastic! :)

1. A. Non! says:

Apologies; it was in Alissa Cohen’s book, but it originated from Elaina Love.

Here’s a page with the recipe–only I leave out the extra raisins & pecans, and I use cashews for the “frosting”:

If you don’t have almond pulp, you can just use finely ground almonds–and I’d imagine that finely ground oats would also be good. And golden flax seeds are better to use for the dough, as their flavor and color are lighter.

40. Sarah says:

Breakfast is my favorite. If I could eat hot oatmeal three times a day I would. 😀

41. I could eat breakfast (and chocolate) for every meal!

42. Tiffany says:

Great Ideas! I LOVE breakfast :) Thanks for the inspiration!

43. Breakfast is my fav! Especially after a hard workout!

44. Kathy says:

My favorite meal of the day is breakfast!
    I can eat that 24/7!

45. Elaine says:

Breakfast all the way! I LOVE oatmeal. 😀 I also like to make my protein pancake recipe. Hey, i noticed you use prebought pie crusts. Those tend to be pretty high in calories, so if you would like, i can send you a recipe for a pie crust that is only 500 calories for the whole thing and is super duper delicious! 😀 It’s not thin and skimpy either. it is nice and thick, unless you want to use less. Although, i read you didn’t like crust, so maybe you won’t like this one. Anyway, i have lotsa other recipes if you would like too. :) thanks for having such an awesome blog!

46. I’ve probably made more than half of the recipes on this list or adapted them to some capacity. Every time, I am over-joyed with the results. Each one is so delicious, so tasty, and so filling… I love all your recipes, Katie. They are wonderful!

47. Alexa says:

I always tend to skip breakfast and either do a nice dinner or lunch :) though most often my best meal of the day I tend to save for last!
    And quite the contrary for me! I love that you post everyday! I always check your blog everyday (even before I get my email subscription) so I can try new recipes out the same day 😀

48. My favorite meal is dinner! So many opportunity for delicious eats, and I usually get to sit down at the table with my best friends while we dish about our days. I love the special time I get with family and friends around the dinner table. Love the recipe pictures!

49. Robin says:

Breakfast, as it’s the only meal that allows me to eat unbelievably sweet without people frowning on me. Though I do love a good sandwich, or a hearty curry as well, oatmeal and pancake breakfast will always be my number one.

50. Twyla says:

My favorite meal is definitely snacktime. Grab a handful of crackers or vegies and I’m set.
    I don’t like breakfast at all. Everything breakfasty is sweet and I am a savory gal; so I kind of avoid it by having leftovers ( which is bad I know)

51. Great ideas! Love your blog :) My favourite meal is definitely breakfast, looking forward to trying some of your recipes!

52. LizAshlee says:

These would all be perfect for a Saturday morning…cozy! :)

53. Veggie Tales says:

These all look amazing! Breakfast is definately my favorite meal of the day. I love making crazy oatmeal and putting in whatever I feel like in the moment…peanutbutter, bananas, peaches sesame seeds, apples, raisins, granola- yum! I’m excited to try your oatmeal recipes.

54. Rachel Gutierrez says:

Please keep posting every day, I love it!! I get on here almost daily to see what new, exciting things I can make each day!

55. Jade C says:

My favourite meal of the day is breakfast, definitely!! It’s the steaming-hot bowl of porridge I love and look forward to on a cold winter morning, topped with frozen fruit and creamy Sojade yogurt.. It can be warm, soft banana pancakes drizzled generously with yogurt and maybe a drop of agave or a sprinkling of raisins.. I like fresh fruit in the summer months, sometimes with a big bowl of yoghurt, other times with toast or on top of my pancakes. I love breakfast!! ((Maybe as I’ve proven here,ca little too much??))
    Ohh, and I have made 4 of your pancake recipes, a few different oatmeal ones, a blueberry Pizzert, the amazing Cinnamon Roll Pie.. And that is just from this page!! Keep it up, Katie!!
    Jade C

P.S.. Looking forward to the new Christmas recipes you posted about today, too!!
    P.PS.. Would I please be able to email you with a few ((I’ll try to not make it too many!!)) questions??

56. Kristabel says:

I could have breakfast for every meal of the day, and I am pretty sure that has occurred haha.

57. Kathleen says:

Breakfast is DEFINITELY my favorite meal of the day. :)

58. Im not a fan of eating early, so i guess dinner is my favorite meal! But i eat the same stuff at pretty much any “meal”. Mushrooms for breakfast? sure! why not? Oatbran for dinner? Why not!