Homemade Chocolate Bars

Homemade Chocolate Bars

Three ingredients.

Five minutes.

The sky is the limit-- make any flavor chocolate bars you choose! Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/15/three-ingredient-chocolate-bars-1/

These homemade chocolate bars pretty much make themselves.

It’s especially fun to customize the flavor – Chocolate Mint? Chocolate Coconut? Chocolate Chai? The sky is not the limit with these addictively delicious chocolate bars.

They taste like eating the coating right off of a chocolate Dove bar!

Seriously, I think I am obsessed.

I know… I say that about a lot of the recipes on here. I am a sucker for chocolate recipes that are easy and quick to make. Then you can spend less time on preparing them and more time on the fun part… EATING them!

Homemade Chocolate Bars - Just 3 ingredients & YOU get to control the amount of sugar / or keep it sugar-free: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/15/three-ingredient-chocolate-bars-1/ @choccoveredkt

pin-it

Homemade Chocolate Bars – 3 Ingredients

Print This Recipe 5/5
5/56

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
  • 4 tbsp unrefined coconut oil, melted
  • NuNaturals vanilla stevia drops to taste (If you'd prefer to use a liquid sweetener, such as agave or pure maple syrup, use this ratio instead: 1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 3 tbsp of your liquid sweetener.)
  • optional extracts, cocoa nibs, or other add-ins
  • optional 1 extra tbsp oil or water, if it needs to be thinner

Instructions

Homemade Chocolate Bars: Combine coconut oil with the liquid sweetener or stevia drops. (For the stevia version, I recommend NuNaturals because I find other brands to have an aftertaste.) Stir, then add the cacao powder. Stir stir stir! Stir until it gets thick. Pour into any flat container (or candy molds or smush between layers of wax paper or in ziploc bags). Freeze until solid, and store in the freezer. Once hardened, you can also opt to melt the bars again for chocolate sauce. Or chop them up for healthy 100% sugar-free chocolate chips! If you use the stevia option, these bars are sugar-free.

View Homemade Chocolate Bars Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

healthy mac cheese

Healthy Mac & Cheese – Recipe from Gina @ Skinnytaste

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Jenna says:

Curry powder would go great with the coconut theme – I’ve had a curry-flavored bar by Vosges before and it was fantastic. Also, rosemary or sage. I love rosemary and I know sage sounds weird but I’ve had one before and it was delicious! Also, dried lavender and some Earl Grey ground up tea leaves. I love creatively-flavored chocolates, if you can’t tell =D

2. Julie H. says:

How delicious! I need to get my paws on some of those drops! I don’t have any but have heard such great things! Mmmmmm!

3. Felicia says:

chocolate raspberry sounds delicious! maybe chocolate layer -> freeze -> raspberry jam layer -> freeze -> chocolate layer. Or do the same with coconut butter. Or any other fruit jam. Endless possibilities…

4. Amber K says:

That looks delicious. I like orange and chocolate, but mint and chocolate is awesome too.

5. Emily says:

Omigosh, I never thought about making my own chocolate but I love how you can make it healthy and sugar free! Must try this asap! Recipe wise, sea salt or nuts or heath bar would all be amazing!!

6. Rebecka says:

I’ve not been on here for a long while, and these look ab fab. totally yummy. might give them a go tonight even, with raw cacao and raw honey to make a raw food treat. yumkins.

7. teabagginit says:

oh, i vote for something crazy like lavendar, rose petals, or ginger!

1. Mary says:

I second that!! If any of mine were in bloom I’d be doing the flowers for SURE!

8. i saw it!! but not the pictures.. was kinda wondering what was going on. looks GREAT

9. Liz says:

As far as recipe organization, I keep hearing great things about bloggers using RECIpage, although I have no experience with it.

1. Kathy says:

I got bored once so I decided to check out Recipage. It’s nice and all but you have to type out every. single. recipe.
      It’s time consuming if you have a lot of recipes; less if your new to blogging.

1. Stuart says:

I don’t see why you need to type out every recipe when you can just copy, cut, and paste into a Word document. I just tried it and it works fine

10. Chelsea says:

I love making my own chocolate! What about something with caramel? or almonds? I agree with other readers, you have so many delicious recipes, but sometimes it’s hard to navigate. Thanks for keeping your site so user friendly and awesome!

11. Leah says:

I use a mold and add natural peanut butter between layers! I also like to ad macadamia nuts

12. Steph says:

I wish I had more stevia! That stuff is so expensive!

1. Stuart says:

Why not grow your own plants and just use the ground up dried leaves – it’s the same thing without the cost. there are numerous places selling the seeds, and it grows well in any reasonably warm place

13. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

These bars look great and we all probably have everything! I’m gonna do the mint as i have both extract and leaves to garnish. Maybe something with strawberries? I have tons of those. And maybe some coffee flavor too! I’m getting excited Have a great day Katie

14. Mary says:

I was wondering where this recipe went! I saw it in my reader the other day and thought I HAVE to make these! I’m curious, though, do you think I could use regular sugar instead of agave or stevia?

1. I haven’t tried it, but I would be REALLY interested to know the results if you do try it!

1. Mary says:

thanks, Katie! I am definitely going to give it a try!

15. Rachel says:

I’d love to make these Mexican chocolate! With the addition of a touch of cayenne and cinnamon . Also orange-cardamom mocha sounds good! With orange zest or extract, fresh ground cardamom and instant espresso powder.
    Or sea salt & almond. Always wins, as well.

16. Amber says:

I did see the original post and pix……….then wondered where it went!!!!!! I had recently tried it when looking through the older recipes, it is so tasty! I vote for some spicy, chili flavoured ones!!!

17. Qi Ting says:

Amazing what just 3 ingredients can do!

18. emily says:

yum, can’t wait to try this!

19. Ali says:

I really like simple recipes.

I too think orange extract would be really good. Or maybe almond?? I wonder if some peanut butter could be added for either a second layer or mixed in. I <3 chocolate and peanut butter!