Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

What if I told you this creamy chocolate mousse is healthy:

If you're looking for a healthy dessert that does not taste healthy in the slightest, this is THE recipe you need to try. I've even served this rich, creamy chocolate mousse to my meat-a-holic boyfriend, and he loved it so much he polished off the entire recipe. Seriously, it is a must-try! Recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/02/06/chocolate-chocolate-chocolate-mousse/

This velvety chocolate mousse is so rich and so thick that anyone who tries it will swear it must be full of heavy cream and calories.

But it’s not.

healthy chocolate mousse

See those two chocolate-filled glasses?

I ate them both.

Joey doesn’t share food.

Katie doesn’t share chocolate.

chocolate mousse

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

(Serves 2-4)

• 6 oz Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu (Click for a Soy-Free Chocolate Mousse Recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips, or 1 and 1/4 chocolate bars in the flavor of your choice (3-oz bars) (or you can use my sugar-free chocolate chip recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 1-2 tbsp sugar/sweetener of choice

Melt the chocolate, either on the stove or in the microwave. Then throw everything into a Magic Bullet or food processor and blend until super-smooth. (I used a Magic Bullet. If your food processor is really big, or if you’re using a blender, it might be a good idea to double the recipe in order for the contents to blend.)

View Chocolate Mousse Calories + Nutrition Facts

tofu chocolate mousse

What food do you think is too good to share?

Brownies are too good to share! And chocolate fudge pie! I also like to have my own coconut butter so I can eat it straight from the jar. But I’d be happy to share avocados, or raw carrot sticks. Please, take them all!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. YUM! I love desserts like these. And you should eat them both!! They look super small portions anyway. 🙂

2. Bahahaha! Joey doesn’t share food!!!! …..Can I go home and watch Friends all day?!? 🙂 I think I’d keep this one to myself too!

3. I know this is random, but I HATE sharing popcorn! It’s mine, get your own! haha

1. S. says:

That’s probably smart! It’s more sanitary :).

2. Melissa says:

I’m with you there! I hate sharing my popcorn!!! haha!

4. I agree with Katie – I like having my own popcorn! I want my own large bowl to munch on at my leisure. 🙂

5. S. says:

I don’t share chocolate chip cookies!

6. I’ve been wanting to try silken tofu in a dessert like this for awhile now. This looks perfect to test it out! Promise me it won’t be weird? 😉

1. I made it for a meat-a-holic boyfriend once and he loved it! (Of course, then he was mad at me when I told him he’d just admitted to liking tofu. He wasn’t mad enough to not have another bowl, though ;).)

2. Dr. Rebekah says:

My mom used to make pumpkin pie, as well as cheesecake with silken tofu…you would NEVER know it! Warning…it makes your cheesecake (or pie) at least twice as “tall” or thick, and creates SUCH a great texture…with no flavor difference!

7. Awwwhhhhhh. He-he, my sister doesn’t like tofu, but when I use it in something she likes, it doesn’t stop her from having seconds. This looks SO good! What a great recipe, Katie!

8. Ive had tofu pudding before- its pretty darn delicious!

9. Nicole K. says:

Ooo, that looks divine! I really don’t like sharing banana’s. I’m a banana hog, I want them all to myself! And, of course, peanut butter/any nut butter, a jar does NOT last long when in my possession…

10. Rebecca says:

I got in trouble with my husband once for not sharing a piece chocolate silk pie with a chocolate chip cookie crust and I would do it again! Have you tried Biscoff cookie spread yet? I recently tried it and even though it’s not chocolate I still don’t want to share it. I could use a recipe for a healthier version and maybe a chocolate variety (hint hint)!

1. I haven’t! I haven’t seen it around yet… but I’ll definitely try it when I find it :).

1. Christine says:

Oh my goodness YES! You must make a healthy version so I don’t overdose on sugar eating this! It is so delicious, it is essentially these brown sugar spice cookies blended into a spread like nutella or peanut butter. It’s very cinnamon-y and almost like gingerbread. If you could re-create a healthy version I would just die of happiness.

11. Mary says:

I usually LIKE to share my chocolate, because it means there’s less for me to eat. And if it were up to me, I’d eat it all! So it’s good for my waistline to share. ;).

12. Eric Jaffa says:

Has the ABC News interview taken place?

13. I have never had tofu before, but this looks like a perfect way to try it! 🙂

14. Chocolate tofu mousses is so delicious! I love putting that stuff in graham cracker crust for an easy pie!

15. This looks great! I plan on trying Mori-Nu’s packaged chocolate pudding to see how it tastes!

16. Sharing is easy– just make more! These mousse cups look beautiful. I love the cups!

17. what amount are these nutritional stats for? you say serve 2-4? i just want to know what i’m getting myself into 😉

18. You may have outdone yourself with this title – can you make something with 4 “chocolate”s? 😉

19. Mmm this is like the filling to your chocolate pie, which I have made before and then just put in dishes and served as mousse because I didn’t want to bother with the crust haha! Delish! And I love any Friends reference ;).

20. Lisa C says:

Oh MAN you weren’t kidding!

I’m eating this right now, and I don’t want to share!!! It might be my new favorite dessert!