Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

What if I told you this creamy chocolate mousse is healthy:

If you're looking for a healthy dessert that does not taste healthy in the slightest, this is THE recipe you need to try. I've even served this rich, creamy chocolate mousse to my meat-a-holic boyfriend, and he loved it so much he polished off the entire recipe. Seriously, it is a must-try! Recipe here:

This velvety chocolate mousse is so rich and so thick that anyone who tries it will swear it must be full of heavy cream and calories.

But it’s not.

healthy chocolate mousse

See those two chocolate-filled glasses?

I ate them both.

Joey doesn’t share food.

Katie doesn’t share chocolate.

chocolate mousse

Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse

(Serves 2-4)

• 6 oz Mori-Nu silken-firm tofu (Click for a Soy-Free Chocolate Mousse Recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips, or 1 and 1/4 chocolate bars in the flavor of your choice (3-oz bars) (or you can use my sugar-free chocolate chip recipe)
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 1-2 tbsp sugar/sweetener of choice

Melt the chocolate, either on the stove or in the microwave. Then throw everything into a Magic Bullet or food processor and blend until super-smooth. (I used a Magic Bullet. If your food processor is really big, or if you’re using a blender, it might be a good idea to double the recipe in order for the contents to blend.)

View Chocolate Mousse Calories + Nutrition Facts

tofu chocolate mousse

What food do you think is too good to share?

Brownies are too good to share! And chocolate fudge pie! I also like to have my own coconut butter so I can eat it straight from the jar. But I’d be happy to share avocados, or raw carrot sticks. Please, take them all!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. YUM! I love desserts like these. And you should eat them both!! They look super small portions anyway. :)

2. Bahahaha! Joey doesn’t share food!!!! …..Can I go home and watch Friends all day?!? :) I think I’d keep this one to myself too!

3. I know this is random, but I HATE sharing popcorn! It’s mine, get your own! haha

1. S. says:

That’s probably smart! It’s more sanitary :).

2. Melissa says:

I’m with you there! I hate sharing my popcorn!!! haha!

4. I agree with Katie – I like having my own popcorn! I want my own large bowl to munch on at my leisure. :-)

5. S. says:

I don’t share chocolate chip cookies!

6. I’ve been wanting to try silken tofu in a dessert like this for awhile now. This looks perfect to test it out! Promise me it won’t be weird? 😉

1. I made it for a meat-a-holic boyfriend once and he loved it! (Of course, then he was mad at me when I told him he’d just admitted to liking tofu. He wasn’t mad enough to not have another bowl, though ;).)

2. Dr. Rebekah says:

My mom used to make pumpkin pie, as well as cheesecake with silken tofu…you would NEVER know it! Warning…it makes your cheesecake (or pie) at least twice as “tall” or thick, and creates SUCH a great texture…with no flavor difference!

7. Awwwhhhhhh. He-he, my sister doesn’t like tofu, but when I use it in something she likes, it doesn’t stop her from having seconds. This looks SO good! What a great recipe, Katie!

8. Ive had tofu pudding before- its pretty darn delicious!

9. Nicole K. says:

Ooo, that looks divine! I really don’t like sharing banana’s. I’m a banana hog, I want them all to myself! And, of course, peanut butter/any nut butter, a jar does NOT last long when in my possession…

10. Rebecca says:

I got in trouble with my husband once for not sharing a piece chocolate silk pie with a chocolate chip cookie crust and I would do it again! Have you tried Biscoff cookie spread yet? I recently tried it and even though it’s not chocolate I still don’t want to share it. I could use a recipe for a healthier version and maybe a chocolate variety (hint hint)!

1. I haven’t! I haven’t seen it around yet… but I’ll definitely try it when I find it :).

1. Christine says:

Oh my goodness YES! You must make a healthy version so I don’t overdose on sugar eating this! It is so delicious, it is essentially these brown sugar spice cookies blended into a spread like nutella or peanut butter. It’s very cinnamon-y and almost like gingerbread. If you could re-create a healthy version I would just die of happiness.

11. Mary says:

I usually LIKE to share my chocolate, because it means there’s less for me to eat. And if it were up to me, I’d eat it all! So it’s good for my waistline to share. ;).

12. Eric Jaffa says:

Has the ABC News interview taken place?

13. I have never had tofu before, but this looks like a perfect way to try it! :-)

14. Chocolate tofu mousses is so delicious! I love putting that stuff in graham cracker crust for an easy pie!

15. That mousse looks great and I want to just bit into that strawberry on the edge of the glass because strawberries dipped in chocolate are so good!

16. This looks great! I plan on trying Mori-Nu’s packaged chocolate pudding to see how it tastes!

17. Sharing is easy– just make more! These mousse cups look beautiful. I love the cups!

18. what amount are these nutritional stats for? you say serve 2-4? i just want to know what i’m getting myself into 😉

19. You may have outdone yourself with this title – can you make something with 4 “chocolate”s? 😉

20. Mmm this is like the filling to your chocolate pie, which I have made before and then just put in dishes and served as mousse because I didn’t want to bother with the crust haha! Delish! And I love any Friends reference ;).

21. Lisa C says:

Oh MAN you weren’t kidding!

I’m eating this right now, and I don’t want to share!!! It might be my new favorite dessert!

22. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

And i just died and went to heaven. BTW- is there any way i can omit the chocolate chips and sub with something else? I don’t have any on hand ): thanks!

1. My “three-ingredient chocolate bar” recipe :)

1. Sarah the official CCK drooler says:

Will do!

23. Emilia says:

This looks so so good, I seriously might have to go out an buy some tofu in order to make this! A chocolate mousse that actually has protein in it? Total win in my book…seriously obsessed with this idea now..oh no :)

24. I’ve made a similar mousse to this in the past, but I toasted slivered almonds and sprinkled them on top. Yum!

25. Um, hello chocolate-covered heaven!

26. Margy says:

Margy doesn’t share food either, this looks AWESOME! I’ve been a little scared to dive into your recipes (being a born and bred meat-a-holic) but I might dip my tongue in the tofu pool for this!

1. MrsOgg says:

Haha! The tofu pool….thanks for making me giggle. :-)

27. Robin says:

That looks so good!

I won’t share my dark chocolate. Or my Biscoff!

1. Meredith says:

Yes! The Biscoff is mine! Glad someone else understands :).

28. Amber K says:

I often quote “Amber doesn’t share food!” I will gladly get you your own pizza, your own cookie, your own whatever. As long as you leave mine alone 😉

29. susanna says:

That looks soooo good!!!

30. Meredith says:

*Puts chocolate chips on the grocery list.*

31. Moni'sMeals says:

I love this. I have a similiar one too. THIS is too good to share Katie!
    Have a great day and I am glad you reminded me that I am due to make this again.

32. jenny says:

Haha this comment might get some negative attention, but what can i do if i want to make this into a vanilla, or at least non-chocolate mousse? I’m allergic =[

1. Use carob chips? Or pb chips? I’m not sure…

1. Anonymous says:

Ooh ok:) i thought so, but i figured id check with the authority on the matter first.

2. Andrea says:

You could use butterscotch chips!

33. Stefanie says:

I am with you on not sharing PB. I buy my own jar so I can have it all to myself.

34. Cool! I definetly would not share this :)

35. Pam says:

I make a version of this almost every week. But I take extra-firm tofu and sugar-free Jello pudding mix. Put it in the food processor and let it mix throughly. Great for topping a desert or just by itself. VERY EASY!!!!

36. Andrea says:

I’m definately trying this, stat! :)

1. Andrea says:

Katie! I made this and it is AHHHmazing!! What was your inspiration for this recipe?!

1. Aww yay!

It’s very similar to my chocolate bar pie recipe, but I use soft tofu and scaled this recipe down so it makes a smaller serving. People had been asking me for a recipe they can make in their magic bullet :). I’ve actually been making this for years!

37. Mmmm! I do love chocolate mousse…

I also love your Friends reference! :) Maybe you could get some fries as a buffer haha.

38. 6mccanns says:

I bought Tofu a while back waiting to intro myself to it with one of your amazing recipes. Although I have an incredible amount of very healthy eating friends (including vegan), none of them want to try your tofu using recipes. I believe when I make dinner for my bestie’s family (every Thursday) I will come with this amazing yumminess and she and I will devour it, then I’ll spring it on her like a trapped animal. TOFU!! I’ll exclaim. All she will be able to do is lick her spoon and tell me she never knew. Thanks Katie! What fun this will be!!

1. Andrea says:

Haha this cracked me up!

2. LOL that’s always the best… and usually the victim is just as excited as you are that he/she was tricked into eating something like tofu and actually liked it! :)

39. Jo says:

Just made this.
    OMG it is everything you said and more! Thanks Katie! :)

40. Nives says:

Katie, you don’t like avocado and carrot? i love them, you can send them to me:P…i eat thousands of raw carrots sticks while i’m studying…i think it helps to calm down my nerves:)

anyways it seems( and i know it)that it’s delicious recipe…like all of them!!!…i’m sooo crazy happy when i see in my inbox message from your blog!!!

1. Aww :) :)

Haha yes, you can have all my raw carrots! I like them cooked, but not raw!

41. NOM!

So…what if I have regular firm tofu instead of silken? Would that be a disaster for the texture? Maybe I could blend in a little almond milk to compensate?

42. Jess says:

Oh my gosh this looks tasty.. but is there any way to cut out or replace the tofu in this?

1. Trish says:

I have the same question. I was scrolling down to see if anyone else had asked. Have you come up with a substitute for the tofu? I love mousse but am allergic to some soy products.

43. Yes I love the subtle Friends quotes. Don’t worry I catch them every time! Do you think there is any thing that could replace the tofu with? I am allergic to soy :( … Maybe if I made chia pudding and then blended it in? Or maybe if I soaked buckwheat groats and then blended them? I will let you know if I give it a try!

1. laura chistine says:

avocado works really well as a chocolate mousse base!
      you can find plenty of recipes online!!
      Good Luck!

1. laura chistine (again) says:

I’m sure you already know this, but make sure the chocolate you get isn’t processed with soy lecithin.
        My sister has a soy allergy as well.
        Its a shame they feel the need to put soy in just about everything.

44. Kristyn says:

is it okay to leave it out of the fridge or does it need to be refridgerated? im going to try this today!!

1. I think it’d be best to fridge it.

1. Kristyn says:

OH MY GOD!!! Most amazing thing EVER. I cannot believe how good this is. Seriously. I gave it to my carnivorous boyfriend and he scarfed it. He had NO idea it was vegan or low fat. Thank you for sharing and creating this. I am floored. Can’t wait to share with my friends!!! (sorry for all the caps and exclamation points….i’m sped up from all the mousse I just ate!)

1. I’m so excited you already tried it! :)

45. Too good to share?
    Cheesecake. And pie. And brownies.
    Ok, pretty much anything sweet & delicious :)

46. Amanda says:

I made this! It came out pretty thick though! I’ll have to back off on the chocolate chips next time, I think. Great recipe, thanks for sharing! :)

47. Alyssa says:

It’s so pretty!
    Every time I see chocolate mousse it reminds me of the Swedish Chef: He once made
    “chercolate moussey” by calling “Here, moosey moosey!” and pouring chocolate all over a muppet moose.
    Ah, good times!

48. MrsOgg says:

Ok, so I am so bad. I came on here to print off the fudge pie recipe to make for my neighbor who is dieting. But, after seeing this…I just can’t do it! I only bought one thing of tofu so now I think I’m going to double this and giver her half (keeping half for myself of course! I even happen to have strawberries which would make a cute garnish. Thanks again for another recipe and I will be trying your choc chip cookie cake recipe soon. It all depends on when baby number 2 arrives…I’m already a day past due!

49. Caralyn says:

I am very protective of any snack bars. They are all sooooo goood.

50. That looks soooo good! Chocolate mousse is my husbands favorite dessert so I’m definitely going to try this one.

51. Mmm this reminds me of your choco pie sans le crust!

52. Lorin says:

When you say silken tofu do you mean the tofu that comes with water in the box or the packaged tofu that is shelf stable like the mori nu kind?

1. Either silken tofu OR Mori-Nu. Any of the mori-nus are fine. Just don’t get the fridged firm or extra-firm tofus.

1. Sharai says:

Your chocolate pie is one of my favorite desserts! The store didn’t have any mori-nu tofu- but I saw some organic sprouted tofu so I thought “Hey! Must be healthier!”
        Don’t get that. It’s not the same :( tastes yummy but it has an odd texture that’s kind of grittier, not super smooth like it usually is. Next time I guess I won’t experiment and I’ll just take your word for it!
        Although now that I think of it I never see the silken kind at the store- I want to try it w the pie b/c my fiance says the only reason he likes my mom’s famous heavy cream filled pie more is b/c it is not as firm a texture. Is there another place the store carries tofu besides the refrigerator section??

53. Tanya says:

Just made this. Looked good and texture was right, but tastes like chocolate tofu. I added HEAPS of sugar, salt and vanilla extract and finally was alright. Will see when husband gets home, but still think it just tastes like sweet chocolate tofu now.

1. Did you melt the chocolate chips first? And drain the tofu? I like to use Mori-Nu tofu… I don’t taste ANY aftertaste whatsoever with that brand. Maybe you just got a bad brand :-?.

1. Tanya says:

Very possible, I’m in Australia and a lot of the stuff just isn’t the same as in the states I’ve found :]. BUT husband liked it. He couldn’t guess what was in it, but has had tofu about once before I think. After it had set for a bit, tasted much better :]

1. jen says:

I’m another Aussie that ended up with chocolate tofu. I added cashew cream, a tablespoon of peanut butter and some extra agave and cocoa to rescue it and now it’s yummy.

2. I haven’t tried this exact recipe, but I have made tofu chocolate pudding that is very similar to this. I agree that you can still taste the tofu. I think some people are just more sensitive to the taste of tofu than others. I personally can’t stand the taste of tofu, so it takes a lot to disguise it.

3. I just made this using House brand silken tofu…and I had zero tofu aftertaste…now, I’m not sure if that’s because I added a couple of teaspoons of PEANUT BUTTER (which by the way…made this taste like the most delicious, decadent thing EVER)…but yeah…maybe it’s the brand you used.

54. LizAshlee says:

This looks like a perfect Valentine’s day treat!! LUV! :)

55. Alexa says:

What if you can’t eat tofu? Tofu contains soy and since I have lupus I am supposed to avoid soy products or any food containing soy like the plague. Is there any other way to make delicious chocolatey things without the use of tofu ( I assume for thr creaminess?). Please help if you have any alternatives.

56. Joanie says:

Hey can this recipe be made with white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips?? :)

1. Sounds good to me, but I haven’t tried it.

57. Haha, love the Friends quote! I just watched that episode last night as a re-run because I watch at least one Friends re-run per night before bed. It’s something I’ve done for about 4 years now! Can’t wait to try this delicious looking treat. I haven’t used tofu in anything except main meals so far but I hear good things about it.

58. Shari V says:

Oh my gosh…this is AMAZING! I love, love, love your website!!!!

59. Zestful Lou says:

LOVE the FRIENDS reference. I watch that show every night on DVD.

P.S. I jut made something really similar the other night to calm my sweet tooth. Looks awesome!

60. Amy says:

My husband went bananas over this recipe! He is requesting it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between!! 😉 Chocolate perfection!

61. I want this right now! It looks so delicious!

62. Chelsea A says:

Looks SO GOOD! And simple. Is there any alternative to tofu? I’m not very good at mind over matter and can’t handle the idea of tofu.

63. Shannon says:

I love the glasses you served them in they portions look small but in thoses glasses they look substantial, where are they from?

1. I’m trying to remember… I bought them awhile ago, but I’m pretty sure they are from Garden Ridge and they were only like $2 each! :)
      The mousse is very rich, so you probably won’t want to eat a giant bowl.

64. Sue says:

Looks and sounds delish, but wondering how to measure 1/16th of a teaspoon of salt?

1. If you have a 1/8 tsp just pour it 1/2way full. Otherwise you’ll have to just use a small pinch. And then taste-test.

65. Kamey says:

You can also put 1 drop of Doterra pure essential peppermint oil in it, and it will taste yummy as well. You can get any essential oil on my website at Peppermint always makes things better!!

66. Lexi says:

Just saw this on Pinterest Katie! Looks divine :)

67. Beverly says:

I am a huge fan of tofu mousse. I make a Mexican chocolate version with cayenne and cinnamon. So. good.

68. Violet says:

ChocolateCoveredKatie I need your opinion! Do you think this would work as a fondue-style dip? My friends and I were gonna try it tonight but they’re uncertain it will work. Would the tofu get weird if heated up??

1. Yeah, I’m not sure it’d do too well if heated… but you never know! Maybe try a little bit heated?

1. Julia says:

I actually made this tonight and completely forgot to melt the chocolate chips before processing (kind of a major step, I know). So after blending, I threw the whole batch in the microwave until the chips were melty, and I enjoyed a nice hot soupy mousse bowl! Moral of the story: heating it works, IMO.

1. Sharon says:

Thanks for the tip about microwaving, Julia! I didn’t quite melt the chocolate chips enough, so I put the mousse into the microwave for a minute and it worked out!

69. Esther says:

Just made this for me and my two girls for breakfast. It was AMAZING. Both girls licked the bowl and asked for more. I added some strawberries and it is taking all my will power not to grab my husband and son’s portion waiting for them in the fridge.

This is amazing – thanks for helping me lead a healthier life for me and my family! You are doing a great service giving us yummy recipes that are healthy.

70. Ashley says:

I just made this today and it tastes so good! Thank you for the recipe! I was just wondering, is silken tofu the same thing as firm-silken? I used silken and there was a semi-grainy texture (maybe I just need to blend it more?) But even with that it still tasted delicious!! And the graininess was barely there. 😀 YUM!

1. Firm-silken is different… it comes in an aseptic package (shelf-stable) and is made by Mori-Nu. It’s not grainy at all… but regular silken should work too if you blend it long enough.

71. Mozzie says:

wow, amazing one 😀 if i didn’t do it by myself, i would think it was made for the heaviest cream on earth. Amazingly smooth and delicious.. i think i could cheat some unhealthy-food-fans with this mousse 😀 anyway, my friends are already interested, so i’m making some bigger portion for next friday 😀

72. Nikki says:

What does the “T” stand for?

73. Chelsea says:

Katie, I love that you say your “meat-a-holic” boyfriend loved it. That got me wondering, how do you stick to your healthy eating with him around? My boyfriend is the same way and I sometimes feel like it’s a struggle to cook for both of us without basically cooking two meals. I usually end up making a healthy “side” such as veggies or salad, that I have as my dinner and then cook him chicken or something to go along with it….at which point he usually completely dismisses the side dish (it’s worse than feeding a little kid)! Any tips/hints would be helpful!

1. LOL oh boys!

I actually am not with that guy anymore. He waas an ex-bf… but it’s never really been much of an issue with any of my bfs. I tell them that I won’t bug them about their eating habits if they don’t bug me about mine. And except for special occasions, we never really cooked for each other, probably because I’ve never actually lived with a guy. Sorry I’m not more helpful :-?.

74. Jen C. says:

I just made this and it is SO good! I found you through pinterest and I am glad I did!

75. Michelle says:

Amazing! I’ve made mousse with tofu and it wasn’t very good but yours was delicious!!! Even my picky kids and husband loved it. You have a gift! I can’t wait each day for your new recipes. :)

76. dc says:

Made this today for dessert to top off our Valentine’s day dinner at home… it was SOOOO GOOD!!! left out the sweetener and it was perfect. My husband couldn’t believe it was tofu and wanted seconds (I should’ve made more :\ ). Thanks again Katie!

77. Heather says:

This tastes as good as any chocolate mousse I have ever had – so creamy and soo yummy. But I did use some agave and I did notice that the Whole Foods Chocolate Chips I used have quite a bit of sugar – hmm- maybe I will try a different type of chocolate next time. But this is amazing! I can’t wait to give it to my family tonight – they won’t have a clue tofu was the base!

78. G says:

Hi katiee , i’ve been shearching like a crazy for that sugar-free chocolate chips of your and i couldnt’t find it =/
    Can you please help me 😛

Go on girl , love your blog.

1. G says:

79. Vinita says:

I just made this today and WOW! Kicked my chocolate craving right in the you know what!! What’s more, I am still satisfied, 2 hours later and not looking for snacks as I often do in the late afternoons! I am not a vegan, heck I’m not even a vegetarian, but I do appreciate the wonderfully healthy and importantly, DELICIOUS recipes. Cannot thank you enough for all the wonderful (and EASY) recipes. You are helping me maintain my healthy lifestyle and not be cranky and mean because I’m missing out on chocolates and sweets! Thank you Katie!

80. Charon says:

Just made it and ….Yummy! I’m sure it will be better chilled. I used the immersion blender, the regular one didn’t work. And I added the whole 12 oz of Tofu and just had to add 1 extra T. of milk. I left out the agave nectar as I felt it was sweet enough with one bar of Baker’s German sweet chocolate bar.

81. Debbie says:

Hi Katie! I just made your Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Mousse and my husband and I both loved it. Of course I didn’t tell him how it was made until after he tried it and gave me his comments. He said it was the most chocolatey mousse he’s ever had and he really liked it. He was surprised when I said it had tofu in it… as a matter of fact, he made me repeat it three times before he believed me!! Thank you for a wonderful recipe, I can’t wait to try your other ones!!

82. KatieH says:

I made this last night only I blended a handful of frozen raspberries in there as well and let it thicken up in the fridge over night. It was incredible! I tried using a recipe with silken tofu once before unsuccessfully so I was a little skeptical, but I shouldn’t have been!

83. Alessandra says:

Hi, Katie! I had never ate, either bought tofu! But now I did to prepair this mousse! :-) Therefore I am not sure about the quantity… don’t know what would be 1/2 of the package you mentioned, as I live in Italy and the products are different. But I got a package of 250g. Is it enough?? Thank you!!

1. Hi! :)

250 g = 8.81849 oz
      So it’s a little more than you need.

84. Hilary says:

I just made this for dessert tonight, and I was really impressed with this recipe! I have always loved chocolate mousse, but I’ve been cutting back on all the usual sweets and looking for healthy alternatives. Thanks so much for sharing…I love your blog and can’t wait to try even more of these amazing recipes. :)

85. Michelle says:

Hi Katie,

Love your site. The recipes look great and love to hear what you have to say. I made your chocolate chocolate chocolate mousse and it tastes great! I used a squirt of liquid stevia in it as a sweetener and it was really good. BUT I couldn’t seem to make it smooth enough. The texture seemed kind of gritty even though I blended it with a hand blender for several minutes. I don’t use tofu that often and I had mine thawed from a frozen state, could that be the reason?

Looking for ward to making more of your recipes,

1. Yup, it definitely changes the texture. Also, get mori-nu slik-firm if you can. And be sure to only use the oz amount called for in the recipe, not a whole package.

86. Chanel says:

What kind of chocolate chips do you use? I came up with more calories than you did and figured it must be the chocolate chips I used. It’s awesome though! Thanks so much!

1. Nope, regular chocolate chips calculated. Probably the tofu. Mori Nu has less.

87. Denelle says:

This stuff is SO GOOD!!! I made this the first time with another brand of tofu and it was a sorry, thick, gritty mess. I tried again with the Mori-Nu Silken Firm and it came out perfectly smooth and rich and did I mention SO good? This is my favorite new mousse. I like it much better than the traditional recipe. Thanks so much! I love your site.

88. Kristina says:

O yumm!! Can I use extra firm tofu? (thats all I have in the frig right now!)

1. I’ve not tried it, but I *think* others have… be sure to just use 12 oz though, not a whole package! And drain really well! The mori nu has less of an aftertaste because it’s not water-packed.

1. Kristina says:

Thanks Katie! Maybe I’ll just wait then and grab some at the store tomorrow :) I haven’t cooked with tofu very much so I’m just learning!

89. Dani says:

This was so, so creamy, rich, and delicious! My fiance was so funny when he found out it was tofu…shock, hurt, confusion, then apathy all came across his face. Kind of a “Seriously?!-I-can’t-believe-you-tricked-me-there’s-no-way-this-is-tofu-you-know-what-it’s-so-good-I-really-don’t-care” kind of moment, all in about 5 seconds…the one comment I’d have to say is to either use less chocolate or a more bitter chocolate because to me it was incredibly sweet with 3/4 c. of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. But it was delicious! I especially like it left over the next day with some sliced strawberries and toasted almonds as a mid-afternoon snack :)

90. Jen says:

Have you tried freezing this? I just made a batch–am eating it now–and it is GOOD!! Thanks so much for all of the recipes on this site. I am a new mom and find myself craving sugar, so it’s good to be able to make delicious desserts without loads of sugar.

91. Katie says:

I hope no one takes offense to this, but I’ve never tried or really want to try tofu. Is there another substitute for this? I’m assuming eggs but not sure. What do you recommend for this recipe?

1. Amy says:

It doesn’t taste like tofu at all. It is so chocolatey and smooth – very rich. My extremely picky child and my non-healthy-dessert-loving husband BOTH loved this. It tastes like real, non-healthy mousse.

2. Charlotte says:

You can also try sweet potato and/or avocado. Sweet potato makes for a light, fluffy mousse, while avocado yields a more smooth, rich pudding. The chocolate masks the flavor of any base, really, but using eggs would be difficult because you would need to constantly whisk the mixture over a double boiler to slowly cook the eggs without scrambling them. As an aside, tofu is delicious; you don’t know what you’re missing!

92. Ida says:

Thanks for the tip on how to use up some tofu I bought! I’m just wondering, not that I am really counting them, but is the calorie count based on 2 or 4 servings? Thanks

93. Bill says:

I made this mousse for my wife/mother of my child and it was a big hit. My son professed “I LOVE YOU” and when momma gushed ‘Thank you’ he retorted “I was talking to my food!” It was super simple to make and super delicious.

94. Jill says:

This was so delicious I ate two also! Thanks for sharing :) This will be a favorite from now on!

95. Karis says:

How do you keep your chocolate from hardening when it touches the other ingredients? I had chocolate stuck to the side of my magic bullet. So delicious though! I could eat the whole thing no problem.

96. leslie says:

I came across you’re blog on pintrest and i must say all of your recipes look yummy! I gave up chocolate this past christmas…well I just had my wisdom teeth pulled and I decided it would be a great time to try your chocolate mousse pudding….and O MY! I don’t think I can give chocolate up again!

97. Katia says:

By serves 2 to 4, you mean gnomes or fae, right? Just one serving for an adult chocoholic?

98. Amy says:

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS! I have liked ALL your recipes that I have tried. I LOVE many of them. This? . . . I don’t have the words for this! This is over the top fantastic!

99. Karen says:

I definitely want to make this! But is the nutritional info for 2 or 4 servings?

100. Amy says:

I finally found the right kind of tofu and was able to make this tonight. All I can say is thank you!

101. Sophie says:

This is REALLY good, my favorite recipe of yours yet probably. As a pregnant lady with “all day” sickness I’ve been eating a lot of bland carbs and this was an excellent way to sneak in some protein. Next time I’ll omit extra sweetener and will probably cut down on the chocolate chips (gasp!) a bit because it was a little sweet and rich for my taste. But not a bad problem to have with an already fairly health recipe.

102. Char Lesie says:

Hi, love the recipe and would love to try it someday. But what would you recommend to substitute the Tofu? I’m not completely sold on Tofu (my personal choice) and cant think of what I could use to replace that ingredient. Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated . . . thanks in advance :)

103. Caitlyn says:

I made the recipe with a friend the other day, and it came out pretty good…but SOOOO chocolatey! Almost too much for me, but my friend loved it!

Check it out on my blog!

104. F. says:

Hello. I am not a cook per se but I love chocolate mousse. I just bought a slice of choco mousse cake but the mousse tastes unusually sour. Does chocolate mousse spoil? Does it taste sour after? Should I eat it or not?

105. Nancy says:

Katie! My, my, my! This is outstanding! I finally took the time to find YOUR brand of tofu, the guy at the store did not even know where it was, but I put on my 007 role, and scoped it out. As you have said before, it makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!!! I made your chocolate pie, and although my 16 year old daughter liked it, it DID taste like tofu (refrigerated kind used!). I just made this mousse, with Ghirardelli 60% Cacao chips- and oh, my! Chocoholic heaven! I also only use King Arthur Flour’s Double Dutch Dark Cocoa. Do you use King Arthur brands? Their website is like a candy store for bakers!
    Anyway, I am so glad to have found your site, bought 4 boxes of Mori-nu tofu, and tried this recipe (the first of many of yours I have made the right way)! Thanks so much, Katie!
    PS: Why are your frozen ice creams not including tofu in them (or not the ones I have read so far)?

1. I try not to make *too* many recipes with tofu, because I know a ton of people who read are either allergic or don’t like soy (out of fear, I guess). So I try to change it up. Also, a lot of people say they can’t find Mori Nu, and I think that type is so much better than the refrigerated type. 😕
      But maybe someday in the future! Maybe a cookies ‘n cream ice cream…

106. Amanda says:

I just whipped this up and topped it with the coconut whipped cream. My family gave it a 4 out of 5 stars. Yummy! It was so quick to make, I’m a cupcaker and when I make those I’m usually in the kitchen for awhile, so I was happy to make a Delish dessert so quickly. Thank you for your amazing recipes. I’m so happy to have stumbled on your blog. I think next time I’ll put this in a graham cracker pie crust and freeze it for a bit. Mmmm….

107. Lynn says:

This dessert has become one of my faves. And, NO ONE believes me when I tell them that I adore a chocolate mousse whose main ingredient is TOFU! :)

1. Lynn says:

Oh, and I used regular tofu since I couldn’t find your brand, and it works perfectly! I always double the recipe also.

108. Denise B says:

I’ve been wanting to try this for a while and finally did tonight, but it has a weird aftertaste. I’ve new to tofu so I’m not sure if this is the way it’s supposed to be or if maybe it’s the kind of tofu I used? I bought the only thing they had at the HEB in the city I went to last time….

1. try Mori-Nu! It is the best, and no aftertaste. It’s in an aseptic package, so not in the fridge section. Ask a store employee (or go to google images and type in Mori Nu to see what you’re looking for.)

109. Melinda says:

I made this tonight…I used Nasoya Silken Tofu and a blender instead. It came out AMAZING and DELICIOUS! My kids are currently wearing chocolate mustaches and beards 😀

110. Kerri says:

I couldn’t find the same tofu you used, so I used regular soft tofu. The taste is really good, but the texture is grainy…perhaps it will be better after being in the fridge a while.

111. Monica says:

Ate this today! DELICIOUS!!! Mom made it with fat free half n half and half T agave nectar. Amazing, and it is 5 points for Weightwatcher members.

112. Emilie Jayne says:

I LOVE the Joey reference haha!

113. Allison says:

Oh man!!! Just made this and it’s FANTASTIC!!!!! However to make it truly clean I need the sugar free chocolate chip recipe! I look and searched but I can’t find it.

114. Katie says:

I made this tonight, assuming my boyfriend would have no interest in eating it, he hates tofu and doesn’t appreciate it being pushed on him (his parents tend to do this hah), but he tried this and loved it! He is chilling his portion in the freezer at this moment because he likes pudding really frosty!
    I had made tofu mousses before but found the tofu overpowering, this was great. I added sugar because I wanted to hide the taste.. but it was so unnecessary, I made it a bit too sweet. I will definitely make this again, tweaking the sweetness. Really appreciate the extra protein this provides after a meal.

115. Madeleine says:

This recipe plus a sprinkle of powdered chilli and cinnamon is absolutely to die for. On tomorrow’s menu- the banana-based fudge. Yep.

Thank you so, so much for this ultra-dreamy blog- all of the recipes I’ve tried ( I’m up to 6 in two weeks…) have been so easy and so delicious. I have no great talent for sweet-making and baking but with your help I’m getting there! Keep up the excellent work.

116. This was GREAT !! My husband even liked it and he usually doesn’t like stuff made with tofu !!

117. stephanie says:

Can you clarify what you mean by 1 T of milk

1. Nives says:

It’s 1 tabelspoon :)

118. Cassie says:

I just tried this recipe the other day and it turned out kind of… weird… Yes, it was probably my fault and I maybe should have used firm tofu and a food processor instead of a blender, but still. I tried doubling the recipe and it turned out with a very weird consistency..It also might have been (never realized) because I didn’t use enough chocolate when I doubled the recipe! Silly me, I’ll have to try this again sometime when I’m not in a rush.

1. Cassie says:

Also, I love the Friends references that you throw into your posts! I love that show!

119. michelle says:

Do you have a good substitute for tofu if a person is allergic to soy? Great recipes :)

1. Try my “chocolate frosting shots” mousse recipe :)

120. K Rob. says:

I just made this. It is so delicious thank you! I also blended in some pomegranate seeds and topped it off with some as well. Thank you! Love all the recipes of yours that I’ve made :)

121. Madeline says:

Could you use coconut milk?

122. grace says:

I love those fancy glasses! Where’d you get them??

123. I have been using 2 scoops Isagenix’s chocolate Isalean Shake, coconut milk, 4 dates, squirt of stevia, 1 1/2 avocado and it is by far the best pudding I have tried. Yours sounds very good too; but, I like getting the 24 grams of protein from the Isagenix’s Isalean Shake and just tossing it into the Vita Mix!
    Also, the Product B on my websight gives me enough energy to do everything I want to do even if I am 66 years old! Loving a raw deal with Product B to boot it up just a notch! Go to to get the Isalean Shake!

124. Cici says:

Even my picky eater husband liked this one!

125. wendy says:

Just made it-LOVE!!! FYI I would say this makes 4 normal/moderate servings. YUM! Can’t wait to make again and again. The macronutrients on this are fantastic. And it needs no additional sweetener from agave IMHO

126. Mimi says:

I FINALLY tried these after trying Vegan Divas mousse- which is waaaay too sweet and decadent.
    OMG, thanks so much. It’s my new addiction. Pls post if you’ve any modifications!

127. Barbara says:

I made this and it is excellent!! So smooth, chocolatey, and delicious. I topped mine with nuts!

128. Ann says:

I totally love this! I didn’t use any sweetener either, other than the chocolate bar. I used orange Lindts – love that orange/chocolate thing. Thanks Katie! Totally satisfied my chocolate mousse craving.

129. lindsey says:

I’m pretty sure that eating 3/4 cup of chocolate chips or 1 1/4 candy bars for two servings can really be considered healthy.

130. Jenn says:

Anyone who references “Joey doesn’t share food” obviously knows what they’re talking about : ) And…the mousse looks delicious. I don’t share my chocolate either.

131. Eco Chic says:

I just made this tonight!! It was super simple and easy! I have more tofu and I plan on making another batch tomorrow! It pleased two tofu-squeamish people who both wanted seconds. Thank you so much for sharing all of these delicious recipes!

132. Marlene says:

Hi Katie, I’ve recently come across your page and love it!
    I’m just wondering in this recipe, how much is “1 T milk”….I feel silly asking but I just don’t know.

133. nicole says:

I was going to make this today but realize i bought Firm Tofu from Trader Joe’s not silken. Can I still make this?

1. Anonymous says:

I made it with firm, as it was already in my fridge. It turned out fine for me :)

134. Sarah says:

This made chocolate soup! I followed the directions to the T.

135. Ariel says:

This was AMAZING! I followed every detail, only adding a tiny bit of agave (perhaps 1 t), and it was delicious. I have a gluten and casein intolerance, and since finding your website I have been able to try a lot of yummy things that have heretofore been out of reach for me. It is hard to find inexpensive specialty foods in stores, and there aren’t too many good recipes floating around on the interwebs. Thank you so much for making delicious recipes I am able to enjoy!

136. Brittany says:

I made this recipe last night and it’s phenomenal! Thank you Katie!!!! :)

137. Amber says:

I just made this and it is AMAZING! You can’t taste the tofu. It tastes just as rich and smooth as any mousse I’ve had before. I will definitely be making this again!!!

138. Stephanie says:

Just made this yesterday- WOW! Kids love it, hubby loves it, I’m having a hard time putting it away in the fridge! Gets even thicker overnight. Great to pour in a pie crust, too. It’s a keeper!

139. Vera says:

This looks absolutely 100 % incredible!!
    One word.. WOW !!

140. Alya says:

Woww! i think i seriously need to try and make every single dessert/chocolate recipe you’ve created!
    I’ve only found your blog today and i’m making the healthy Oreos atm :) i can’t wait to see how they turn out!!!! Thank you so much for sharing all of these delisioco recipes.
    much love, Alya, the fellow chocolate lover.

141. Loves2Eat says:

I’ve made this one for my family and they could not believe it was made with tofu. Daughters were looking for more so they could stash it away for later.

142. Amy says:

So first off, I’ve got to say that I’ve made this recipe so so many times, and served it to tofu hating skeptics; all of which, I’m happy to report, practically licked their bowl and were not ashamed! LOL! My question is, have you ever made a soy version of this? If so, I can’t seem to locate it. I thought about using some ripe avocados to see how it turns out, but thought I’d check here first to see if you had posted a soy free ultra chocolatey mousse and maybe I just missed it in my search. Thank you for all of the fabulous recipes! This has made my transition to non dairy and vegan much, much, more easier! :-)

143. Gina says:

Hi Katie. I discovered your website recently through pinterest and have tried out a few of your recipes and have really enjoyed them. And I’m looking forward to trying more and more. You mentioned somewhere on your site that this has become like a full-time job for you? If it’s not too personal, I’m just curious to know how you do that? How do you make money by coming up with these recipes and posting them on a website where no one has to pay to try your ideas? Are you really doing this full-time or do you have another part-time job to make ends meet?

144. Haley says:

Thankyou thank you thank you KATIE!! I just made this (doubled the recipe) in my tiny weak magic bullet rip off and I never would have guessed you can make something so delicious out of tofu!! Chocolate Mousse is my weakness and I’ve been on an elimination diet and just been sticking to small amounts of dark chocolate. Today I feel like the sky is the limit with my diet limitations now that I know that MOUSSE CAN HAPPEN! Your recipes are amazing and your blog is inspiring! THanks for showing a fellow chocolate lover that I can eat my favorite chocolate MOUSSE without dairy or added sugar. I was licking the spoon, the bowl, the blender cup OMG THIS IS AMAZING. EVERYONE READING THIS GO BUY MORI-NU SILKEN TOFU AND MAKE THIS!!

145. CAROLYN says:

146. Ellie says:

Ive made this a few times before (and loved it) but yesterday, after finding a browning banana in my pantry, i threw it into the mix and its AMAZING. Above and beyond the original recipe!! Its like banana ice cream meets mousse.

147. Mandy says:

Just made this and it was AMAZING! Thanks for the great recipe Katie!

148. Jaime says:

WOW! This hit the spot tonight with my chocolate craving. I used Madecasse 75% Cocoa bars and it turned out rich and creamy. *love*

149. Lizz G says:

I actually just made this, and turned it into a choco-coconut pie with a granola crumb crust! I’m filling my face with the leftover chocolate while the pie firms up lol.

150. Lacy says:

Thank you for sharing! We tried this last night and I posted about it today. It is sooooo good!
    You can read about it here:

Love and Blessings,

1. Thank you so much. I loved your post! :)

151. Donna Wilkinson says:

Can you give us the recipe you use for chocolate chips because I need a dairy free version as there are none that I can find unless I want to spend a fortune on them. Thanks!

1. I ue store-bought chips for this recipe.

152. Maggie says:

Hi Katie, can you please post a link, or send me one, for the sugar free chocolate chips you refer to in this recipe?
    Many thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It’s her Three Ingredient Chocolate Bar recipe, chopped into pieces.

153. Kay says:

It had that tofu taste to it. Honestly, usually I love chocolate covered katie recipes but this one, I couldn’t.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

See Katie’s FAQ page for troubleshooting. The recipe won’t taste like tofu if made correctly

154. becauseHeloves! says:

Oh my goodness. Katie, you are a genius! I just made this with a combo of semi-sweet chocolate chips and an 85% cacao bar from Trader Joe’s, and it was amazing! I had made it before with regular silken tofu and it was okay, but this time I had the Mori-Nu kind, and it does not compare. There is no gritty texture whatsoever! So if anybody has tried this and ended up with a gritty texture, try it again with Mori-Nu. You won’t regret it!

155. Lerrina says:

I LOVE your website. I had to go dairy free a few years back. Since then I have found I must also avoid (not completely, just mostly) gluten. Furthermore, I own a small resort with a restaurant. Having dietary restrictions has made sensitive to all those other folks out there who have dietary issues. Thus I am trying to incorporate a few really good recipes which will cover several bases (gluten free, dairy free, soy free, nut free, even sugar free). Your site – especially when it comes to dessert, has been a gold mine (and everything I have tried is sooo yummy).
    However, I am a bit puzzled. Your recipe calls for chocolate chips (or try your sugar free chocolate chips). I’m interested, but have searched your website without success for the recipe. So I looked through the comments and found you mentioned a three-ingredient chocolate bar. I can’t find that recipe either.

Okay – what gives here? :-) I’m drooling with no place to go!!

Can you give me a little help? Thanks!

156. Toni says:

Katie, Katie, Katie!!!! Oh my goodness………..your recipe for the chocolate mousse is absolutely heavenly! I could not believe how light and airy and guilt-free this dessert was to the taste buds! It’s beyond delicious and will totally fool anyone into thinking that it is the real thing; so healthy! You rock, girl! Thanks!

157. Amanda Olson says:

I have a very similar recipe using silken tofu and chocolate for a “creamy” gluten free chocolate pie! It turns out great, and so delicious! I will definitely be making this as well- and Amanda doesn’t share chocolate 😉

158. Lachlan says:

Absolutely delicious. I was sceptical at first as I have only had one experience with tofu. Wasn’t good at all. But I gave it ago to see if I liked it. Wow it’s bloody beautiful. I use dark chocolate but still nice

159. Aislinn says:

Do you know what the nutrional info on this is? I am suppose to eat low carb but I am allergic to artificial sweeteners so I am looking for low carb desserts made with all natural ingredients and this looks delicious.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

The nutrition information link is listed right there in the post…

1. Aislinn says:

Ouch do I feel stupid. Totally missed that. Thanks. :)

160. Alessandra says:

Hi Katie! Could please tell me how many grams of tofu, thanks

161. Tiffany says:

Hey Katie!

I made this today and it was wonderful!! The only changes I made was that I used extra firm sprouted tofu because thats all I had on hand and added a little espresso powder (1/16th teaspoon) to bring out the chocolate flavor (Ina Garten always adds it to her recipes – She is right lol!) The mousse became super thick in the fridge. Thanks for a great recipe!! :)

162. Bob says:

Hi, just made your chocolate mousse. How long do I need to chill it…and. How long will it last in the fridge. I only got two servings? They don’t look that big…..but perhaps they are meant to be really small servings? What are your thoughts. How bad are they calories wise if I only get two servings?? Thanks

163. Pam says:

I couldn’t find silken tofu, so I used the soft. It was a little harder to blend, but tastes very good. I had to add quite a bit more milk, but finally got the consistency. Soooo, I’m taking these to a girl b-day party and am not telling my friends how I made it. Can’t wait to see what they think!

164. Bri says:

I made this last night and it was very delicious! It especially tasted great this morning after having it in the fridge overnight. I guess because the flavours really had time to set in. So yummy! I will for sure be making this again and again.

165. Cory says:

Could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make a chocolate mousse bar without using tofu? I need a vegan version in my life and I know you can do it better than anyone haha!!!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Try her chocolate frosting shots! Makes a great mousse!

166. marta says:

It’s a hit! My kids are eating it as we speak.

167. Doreen says:

I am looking for your sugar free chocolate chip recipe. I searched for it, but it did not come up on the first few pages.

168. sarah says:

hi Katie
    i’ve been hearing so many bad things about tofu and soy products lately. what’s your take on all that?

169. Janet says:

Hi Katie:
    Is the nutrition info based on using your sugar-free chocolate chip recipe? Can you provide a link to it. I searched for the recipe on your website but couldn’t find it. Would love to try this recipe.

I’ve tried quite a few of your recipes and am thrilled to be able to indulge in some yummy treats, knowing that -so much more nutritious than their sugar-laden, fatty counterparts. Thank-you for sharing your wonderful passion for chocolate!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Nutrition info looks to be using regular chocolate chips. I know there is a sugar-free chocolate chip recipe in Katie’s new cookbook:

170. Jeanette says:

This looks so delicious! I have Silken in my fridge just waiting to be transformed into chocolate mousse!

171. Jo says:

I have no idea how this tastes as good as it does! LOL
    To step it up, I made a graham cracker crust and turned this into a pie!

172. Michelle says:

I didn’t know the difference between silken and regular tofu and I bought firm “regular” tofu. Will this turn out the same? Or should I hold off until I get some silken tofu?

173. Jenny says:

I recently made this chocolate mousse and days later I’m still thinking about it…it was THAT good, it was amazing! So rich and creamy, I could eat an entire tub of it haha! Thank uou so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will certainly be making it again soon! : )

174. Alison says:

I am severely gluten and dairy intolerant and cannot thank you enough for this amazing recipe! I am eating it straight out of the blender bowl! I never thought I would ever find an edible dairy free chocolate mousse recipe and you nailed it. THANK YOU

175. Jessica says:

I’ve tried to find the kind of tofu you use but no luck. Is it in the refrigerator section of the store?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Nope! Shelf Stable! Look in the Asian section of Whole Foods or a health food store. I believe amazon also carries it.