Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Hot Fudge Chocolate Pudding Cake

This rich chocolate pudding cake is like magic…

Pudding Cake

You get two desserts in one: A dark chocolate cake and gooey chocolate pudding all at the same time… Immediately upon learning of the concept, I fell in love and knew I’d have to try it as soon as possible. And the weather is still so hot here that any recipe not requiring an oven is very much welcome.

Above, topped with my oft-referenced favorite egg-free healthy ice cream recipe. The only thing better than chocolate cake and chocolate pudding in the same bowl is chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, and ice cream in the same bowl!

Chocolate Pudding Cake

One of the easiest and best desserts you’ll ever make. A moist chocolate cake with decadently rich hot fudge sauce…  every bite is so irresistible! Recipe here:

Having never made any sort of pudding cake before, I looked to a pudding cake recipe in Taste of Home as a reference. Then I changed it up completely, cutting way back on the sugar, omitting the butter and eggs, and adding some extra cocoa, salt, vanilla, and applesauce to achieve a crazy fudgy texture and rich chocolate taste without all the extra saturated fat and sugars.

If you are a chocolate lover, this recipe is for you!

Print This Recipe 5/5

• 1 cup spelt, all-purpose, or Bob’s gf flour (130g)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder (40g)
  • 3/4 cup sugar of choice or xylitol (145g)
  • 1 tsp instant coffee powder, optional
  • 1 1/2 cups milk of choice (360g)
  • 2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil (20g)
  • 2 tbsp more oil, or 2 tbsp applesauce (30g)
  • 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (10g)
  • 2 cups boiling water (480g)
  • pinch pure stevia, or 2 tbsp coconut or brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional

Pudding Cake recipe: If using a crock pot, grease the bowl (mine is a 4-quart), then set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and stir well. Only if using the stevia as opposed to the brown sugar, add that in here as well. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk of choice (warmed if using coconut oil), vanilla, oil, and applesauce. Pour wet into dry, stir until just evenly combined, and pour into the crockpot. Now pour the boiling water over the top but DO NOT stir. Sprinkle the 2 tbsp brown sugar and chocolate chips on top, if using. Close the lid and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours. Then turn off and open the lid slightly. Let sit another hour, during which time the cake should thicken further. The dessert will be more like pudding the first day, but if you let it cool completely and then refrigerate overnight, it gets much thicker and creamier by the following day. If you don’t have a slow cooker, I’m sure you can make this in a pan in the oven… but I’ve not yet tried it and therefore can’t give specific times or pan measurements. Feel free to experiment!

*View Pudding Cake Nutrition Facts*

And now I will leave you with a very-appropriate birthday gift I received from a friend:

“There are times when chocolate can solve all your problems.” Truer words were never spoken.

no bake brownies

No-Bake Peanut Butter Brownie Bars

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Looks delicious! I’m pretty sure mine wouldn’t last 8-10 servings though 😉

2. Justin says:

Katie this looks absolutely amazing…I can’t wait to give it a try when Im on break from school in October…I’ve already started to make a list of things I want to cook because I’m a little deprived here at college. This would be a great welcome home dessert 😉

3. Deanna says:

Oh my, I need to make this NOW! Gooey chocolate, chocolate cake, and ice cream. A win, win, win! Definitely enough to solve all my life’s problems :)

4. This looks amazingly decadent! I love the idea of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding, and ice cream in the same bowl. In fact, it sounds like total heaven.
    Pinning this!! :)

5. Wow, that cake looks seriously to die for! I want to eat it for breakfast right now!

6. I want this now!! Looks amazing! Love your birthday gift :)

7. Jeana says:

Is there a print option for this recipe?

1. At the moment, the only thing you can do is highlight the recipe and press “control c” then open a word document and press control v. Hope that helps!

8. Cindy says:

I’d be really interested to know if someone makes this in a larger size crockpot – I assume it would take less time to cook, but I don’t know how much less time. I am not much of an experimenter, and pretty much follow a recipe “as written”. But my crockpot is larger, so I can’t try this. Hrmph.

1. alloyjane says:

How many quarts is your crock pot? If I were you, I’d just adjust the recipe for the size of your pot because, really. Since when is too much chocolate cake a bad thing?

1. Cindy says:

Mine is a 5-qt crockpot. And “adjusting” the recipe – I’m not good at that – I’m pretty good at following a recipe “as is” but not much more.

2. Cindy says:

And too much chocolate cake IS a bad thing if you’re fighting to lose weight.

2. Kari says:

I don’t know how big my crock pot it but it took about an hour to cook. Just keep an eye on it and you’ll be good to go!

9. Rebecca says:

I am so tempted to go buy a crock pot just so that I can make this! South Florida is a little hot for me to use the oven for 1.5 hours unfortunately.

1. Anonymous says:

I made this in the microwave! Mine took about 2 minutes, but that’s just because I tried a single serving. Go for it :)

1. Kate says:

Mind posting the measurements you used? I’d LOVE to have a single-serving version, but I’m not sure how far I’d have to scale it back and my math skills are questionable anyways. Thanks :)

2. susan_az says:

Rebecca, I just made a chocolate pudding cake in 4 ramekin dishes and placed them in a round casserole dish that fit in my toaster oven. You can fill the casserole dish with water up to 2/3 the side of the ramekin dishes, cover it with silver foil and bake at 300 for 1 hour, then 1/2 hour at 350 and it won’t heat up the house. Give it a try. I hope it works for you.

10. I used to make chocolate (or vanilla chocolate chip) pudding cake all the time, but I literally haven’t made it in years! I’m going to have to reintroduce that wonderful creation to my kitchen, ASAP! I love your addition of the instant coffee, and the photos are wonderful!

11. I love pudding cake but have tried to stay away from it for the sake of my waistline! Thank you for this recipe….plus anything in a crock pot is a winner!

12. I love all of the ooey gooey chocolate going on in this case. Yes, please!

13. Noora says:

I absolutely have to try this on the weekend :)

14. Patricia says:

This looks like it may have to be an award after accomplishing some weight loss and time on the treadmill. Absolutely yummy and so good on a cold fall day! Thanks for sharing. :)

15. WOW this looks like chocolate heaven!

16. Katie! Love this recipe!:) Also, did you highlight your hair? It’s so pretty!:) I have a sign similar to this and gosh, isn’t it true!?:) Great recipe!

1. Thanks :). No highlights… maybe it’s just the light, or being out in the sun a lot this summer.

17. Laura says:

Yummy! Thank you! And happy birthday

18. Hey, I think I have all the ingredients for this on hand…I know what we’ll be trying for dessert soon!

19. I want to make a bath tub sized vat of this cake and swim in it. Looks so good!

20. rebeccacharlotte says:

Happy belated birthday Katie xx

ps; I do so love your healthy alternative chocolate recipes!

BEST WISHES, from England

21. Eva says:

Do you think this would work with almond or coconut flour? I might have to test that out!

1. If you try it, definitely report back! :)

2. Grace says:

Just made this and it is delicious! I am going to try with coconut flour next time. Will let you know. YUM!!!

22. Ellen says:

Oh man, I am so very tempted to adapt this for my oven once it cools down enough for me to bear turning it on.
    Happy birthday! Hehe, I just had mine too and my friends gave me a lot of dark chocolate. We have smart friends;)

23. Kelsey says:

Do you think you could try to make a healthier tiramisu? I have been craving it so much lately!

1. I do have a recipe… just need to find a good time to post it :).

24. robin says:

This looks so yummy. Can’t wait to try it. I am wondering what is the difference between different cocoa powders, unsweetened, dutch process, etc. Do you know if there is a difference? I am reluctant to use stevia. I like when you give alternatives to sweeteners and other ideas. I love reading your blogs and trying your recipes….keep having fun and enjoy :)

1. alloyjane says:

The quality of your cocoa powder makes a HUGE difference in the quality of your baked goods. Unless you’re not picky, of course. Just think of cacao beans like you do coffee beans and count on each type having its own flavour. But in my paranoid opinion, manufacturers sell “sweetened” cocoa powder, which is cocoa powder mixed with some sort of sugar, to compensate for not-so-awesome beans. Otherwise, sweetened cocoa powder is usually for making drinking chocolate. Dutch process powder is alkalized and I think it may be darker, but I don’t buy it because I prefer to just use straight cocoa powder and not have to adjust how much base I use. Have yet to try CACAO powder, which is relatively raw beans ground up into powder without exceeding 116 F.

If it is at all within your means, you should get a few types of powder and if you dislike one, you can always turn it into shower products if you can’t return it. Hey, just cuz it doesn’t taste good doesn’t mean it isn’t great for your skin and hair 😀

25. Ry says:

So ,I just made this now in my oven since I don’t have a crock pot.It took almost 30 to 40 minutes ,And I left it there for about 15 minutes after turning heat off.I made it in a 28 inches round pan ,but I believe it’ll also work in a 9 inch square pan too.You said in the fridge the next day it’ll be thicker and creamer ,does that mean you serve it cold?

1. Ry says:

*24 inch round pan

1. Ry says:

Sorry for the mistake ,I meant 24 cm ,about 10 inches.

2. Samantha says:

Hi Ry –
        I was looking up the oven options online and it does seem like the people that had leftovers for the next day still recommended microwaving it. I suppose it depends on your preference, but it must be a cake that it is exceptional warm. :) My guess is it taste good either way. Sam

26. Uuuuuhhhh I really wanna make this now! There is just nothing better than “guilt free” chocolate!! 😉

27. Oh my gosh this looks amazing. I will have to try this out soon. Thank you for sharing!

28. trajayjay says:

I saw a sign like that that said

“Chocolate-it’s not just for breakfast anymore”

Had I discovered your blog before I discovered that sign, I would have thought of you.

29. Lol love the birthday gift you got! Happy birthday Katie!! This recipe looks delicious, as always!

30. Caitlin says:

Want! NEED! Question though: are the nutrition facts calculated with sugar and chocolate chips, or with the lowest sugar option? I’m making this regardless, but I need to know how many carbs I’m eating (I’m diabetic, or I would just scarf the whole thing lol)

1. They are calculated with the lower options. However, xylitol is not a calorie-free sweetener so that part shouldn’t matter much.

1. Caitlin says:

Thank you!

31. Dana says:

Chocolate Covered Katie, you’re amazing!

32. teresa says:

hi katie! this recipe is so interesting – i have never seen such a thing! i may try it with 4 T applesauce and oat flour (and will blame myself if it turns out bad :P)

also, is your cookbook still coming out this year?

33. Laurie Lewis says:

Hi Katie! Sorry, I’ve never read any of the comments on your posts, but are you familiar with Tom Sawyer Gluten Free All Purpose flour? It’s amazing. And I’m not employed by or related to anybody there! :) Here’s the website: I have used it in several different baked goods and it works very well.

1. Thanks for the recommendation!

34. Jenifer says:

Want! Now! But I just made your Cookies For Two…and ate both of them. :( I spend more time making your recipes than should be legal! Thank you again, Katie!

35. Shruti says:

I’ve made an original oven version of this and it was lovely! I’d be happy to try the vegan one! These were known as ‘self-saucing puddings’ when they first became popular :)

36. Suzanne says:

Will this work with a liquid sweetener or will that make it too gooey?

1. I haven’t tried it so I really can’t say for sure… but it’s pudding cake so it doesn’t need to stay together and therefore it might work. If you try it, be sure to report back!

1. Suzanne says:

Okay, I made this today and subbed 3/4C maple syrup for the 3/4C sugar. I reduced the water to 1 1/2C to compensate, and omitted the brown sugar and choc chips since it was plenty sweet for me. It turned out fantastic! I’m sure it would get even more yummy points if I added back the brown sugar and chocolate chips!

37. Lynnette says:

Love your blog and every recipe I’ve tried has been yummy. This looks great but can it be doubled (or tripled). It’s hard for me to guess the number of servings on your recipes. How many servings is this recipe?

1. It depends on your appetite! It makes 5-10 servings depending on large or small… I don’t think you could double it unless you have a giant crock pot.

38. That looks SOO good, Katie. Kind of looks like this chocolate cake I made once in the slow cooker and it came out similar to your pictures but I thought it was just not right. The taste was a bit off too though so that might have been why I threw it out . I wanna give yours a try!

39. Tirzah says:

The cake sounds delicious-love that picture of you! Very cute!

40. Michelle says:

We always make this out of the red and white Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. Can’t wait to try it in the crock pot. Thanks!

41. alloyjane says:

I have a crockpot! This is the crock pot I use to make the black beans for your black bean brownies. Can’t wait to introduce it to this recipe…

42. This looks delicious! Pure chocolate heaven!

43. jade collins says:

Thank you so much for putting the grams down as well! It was much appreciated as i keep wondering whether i should buy ‘cups’ just for your recipes, but i’m a bit of a cheapskate! ;D

44. I love your photo! And the recipe. And everything else :)

45. Angela says:

I made this using 3/4c oat flour and 1/4c coconut flour and it turned out so well! Very cake-like. Thanks :)

1. what do you think of using almond flour and coconut mixture?

46. Deidre says:

How many servings is the recipe?

1. It depends on if you want large or small servings. I’d say it makes 5 large or 10 small.

1. Deidre says:

So, is the nutritional information based on 5 or 10 servings?

47. carolyn says:

Whoever gave you that is a saint, lol

48. I tried a recipe like this from Ina Garten a looonnng time ago. This looks soooo good. I am excited to try this!

49. Kari says:

It’s cooking and I couldn’t help but taste a bit. Oh my heavens, this is sooooo heavenly! Can’t wait to eat it without burning my tongue! Possibly my favorite CCK recipe!

50. thats a lovely pudding cake..thanks for the recipe

51. Vick says:

I absolutely will be making this!

52. Christina K says:

I love this! I made a 1/2 batch in my 2 quart crock pot and it worked wonderfully! Thanks for another delicious chocolate recipe, Katie!

53. Lori says:

Had to try this, but I hate recipes that call for using a crock pot for less than 6 hours(I work full-time, so crock pots are for supper). I made mine in my Deep Covered Bake in the microwave. Took about 20 minutes. Next time, I’ll try it after 15. Yum!

1. Cara Roxanne says:

Mine just isn’t turning out and I can’t figure out why!

It’s really nice on top but completely liquid below. I double-checked my quantities, and it’s now back in for another half an hour but I’m not sure what happened and I am sad. :(

1. Cardiogirl82 says:

Katie, you look very pretty and your body looks very healthy. Your arms are nice and full…and your hair is beautiful! Happy birthday <3

2. Cara,
        That’s ok! Just turn it off and leave the lid on. Once it cools, put it in the fridge overnight. The pudding portion will get much thicker! :)

54. lian says:

this is really random, but can i just say that your teeth are so perfect?! 😀 happy early(?) birthday to you, miss chocolate covered katie!

55. Holy moly…. this looks incredible!!! :)

56. Amy says:

Just put this mixture in an 8×8 at 350…. I’ll let you know what happens at 45 minutes :)

1. Amy D says:

Amy- did it work? I’m dying to know! -Amy D :)

57. Melanie says:

In my kitchen, we have a sign that says “I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter.”

58. Melanie says:

In my kitchen, we have a sign that says “I’d give up chocolate but I’m no quitter.”

59. Ellie says:

Thank you so much Katie, this recipe is great!
    I used 1 cup of brown rice flour, left out the sugar and subbed in 1tsp of liquid vanilla stevia. I cooked it in the oven at 170 degrees C for 30 minutes then turned off the oven and left it in there for 10 minutes.
    So so yummy! :)

1. Am says:

Thank you for replying back about cooking it in the oven! I cooked in the oven according to this and it was great! Except I cooked it a bit too long, I forgot to time it. :)

60. Kasey says:

I think the nutrition facts may be incorrect for this recipe. I entered it into the recipe builder on my fitness pal and even using the lowest calorie options (stevia instead of the brown sugar, almond milk, etc), it totaled it at 140 calories per each serving of 10 servings.

It does look amazing though! :)

61. Lisa Ernst says:

Katie, this looks so enticing I’m thinking about making it today or tomorrow. Do you know how long this will stay good, refrigerated? Although you have it listed as making 10 servings, judging by measurements and quantities, I imagine it will make about 3 servings for me, max. Since I won’t be sharing, though, so there’s a chance it will last a couple of days. Thanks!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I made it and it was still good three days later :-)

62. Emily J. says:

Wow! This looks delicous! How could I substitute stevia for the sugar? I would be using Stevia in the Raw. Thanks!

63. Capt. ManPants says:

Please tell me I’m not the only guy who follows this blog?

Thats right, a STRAIGHT guy who likes baking.. 😉

1. Adam says:

You are not the only one. I love this blog!

64. Becca says:

Thank you for yet another crazy delicious recipe. I just made this today and am having a terrible time trying not to eat the whole thing at once!

65. Capt. ManPants says:

I have no crock pot, but an aga. What is high temperature for a crock pot, or even microwave settings? And would it need to be covered? Crock pots have lids so should my mix if it goes in the oven/microwave?

I’m no baker sadly, but this is something i have to try!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

I think you’ll have to experiment to find the perfect time :-)
      Crock pots don’t actually say what the temperature is, at least mine doesn’t.

66. Zeenath says:

Where were u all these days! gosh I adore love and am completely nuts about chocolate. Can I use Nutella in ur recipes which require peanut butter? I do like peanut butter but …addicted to nutella.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Not Katie, but I think that should be perfectly fine!

67. Michelle Bogart says:

I am in love with your website! My Mom found out she was allergic to milk about a year ago and yet in the last three days she has had 4 ingredient ice cream and will be having pudding cake tonight. I had to sample it to make sure it was good first. 😉

68. Shannon says:

Ma ma mercy, I made this yesterday and have been sampling it all morning. The official devouring time is scheduled for later in the evening to celebrate the mother-in-law’s birthday. Of note, I did NOT use my crock pot for this. I searched the web a bit and ventured to make this in a greased 8 x 8 pan in the oven on 350 for about 45 minutes. It came out perfect. I also subbed in 1/4 cup of coconut oil and threw in a handful of shredded coconut since the M-in-L likes a chocolate coconut combo.

1. JJ says:

Thank you for posting the changed baking method, Shannon, and for posting what looks to be an amazing recipe, Katie! When you mentioned Shannon that you subbed in the coconut oil, did you do that in addition to 4tbs in the recipe or instead of? I have to hit the nail on on the head first try because I’m making it for a party of 80 as a last minute change since it looks so decadent…thanks for your feedback! There’s a lot of positive feedback from those wanting to try the recipe, but it was great to get some info from those who already have. Katie’s recipes are so fabulous that I know I could go for it without feedback, of course, but since I don’t have enough crock pots for 80 servings, this helps immensely!!

1. Shannon says:

Whoops, I meant coconut flour. So I used 1/4 c coconut flour and 3/4 c white flour. And I agree, I generally trust Katie’s recipes implicitly but I thought it would be helpful to post specific feedback in case others didn’t want to use a crock pot. I’ve also made this recipe again (with no substitutions) but I halved it and baked it in a bread pan. Still amazing.

69. Grace says:

For all microwavers and single-serving lovers: cut all ingredients, except the water, by 10. If possible, use a scale a scale for this. For those of you who don’t have a scale, it will be much harder to estimate, but you can get quite inexpensive ones at Target/Walmart/etc. I highly recommend investing!

Weight-wise, this all comes out to 13 g of all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt (I used kosher), 1 g of baking powder (roughly 1/4 tsp), 4 g cocoa powder (about 1 tbsp), a generous pinch of instant coffee granules, 12-15 g sweetener (I used 2 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp truvia), 7 g applesauce, 36 g of almond milk, 1-2 g vanilla, and 7-9 g mini chocolate chips.

Follow the directions above, mixing the mini chips in at the end. I microwaved this in a glass parfait dish for 90 seconds at about half power, and probably could have gone up to 2 minutes (or let it sit after taking it out). The top will be cooked with a few air bubbles, the bottom will still be quite undercooked. Depending on how soupy you like your chocolate (my favorite way to eat it!), scoop the cooked section onto a plate and drizzle then undercooked section on top. Nutrition is 140 calories, 3 g. fat from the chocolate chips, and 14 g of sugar. Delicious!

70. Lizzy says:

Oh. My. Goodness. Just made this, in the oven I might add, and it’s incredible! I’m not a vegan, but like to stick to healthy recipes. Your site is my best find yet! Lizzy, UK

71. Bee says:

Are the nutrition facts based on using normal sugar, all the oil and the chocolate chips or… ?? :) looks amazing!

72. Rachel says:

Tried the recipe this weekend. I followed your recipe exactly in my large crock pot and came out great. Was a big hit with my husband and guests, they couldn’t believe it was vegan.

73. Stephanie says:

I baked this recipe and it turned out perfect. a couple of slight changes I based off a resent experiment of mine where I successfully made healthier version of a caramel pudding cake. I used honey to sweeten (only 1/4 cup) and decreased coconut milk to 1 cup. instead of sprinkling stevia or brown sugar over top, I dissolved 1/4 cup sucanat and 1/4 cup maple syrup in about a cup and half boiling water. I baked uncovered at 350 for about 18 min in my small square casserole dish (batter was only inch and a half deep before water was added). when I removed it was still a little soft in middle. I let it set up for about 10 min, or as long as we could bare to wait. the sauce that sits on the bottom I spooned back over the top in the bowl.
    4 servings max!!! sooooo good!

1. Am says:

Thanks for writing this reply, it was helpful when I made it!

74. Jean says:

I made this today; it was good. I wasn’t completely overwhelmed like I was with the deep dish cookie recipe (using garbanzo beans, not white beans). I would have preferred it to be a bit thicker. I have a large slow-cooker, so it came out relatively thin. I will make a double batch next time. And then make sure to invite lots of people round’ to help me eat it.

I also added cinnamon, which I love in certain chocolate recipes. And I added coconut. I love coconut.

1. Jean says:

Looking at the other comments, perhaps using a smaller dish, and oven cooking it, might be a good option. I am such a sucker for using my slow-cooker though. This is what originally peaked my interest (after the chocolate element, of course).

1. Jean says:

Last point, next time I won’t use 3/4 cup sugar. I think 1/3-1/2 will be enough, especially because I added some choc chips.

75. Brianna says:

Hi! I’ve been making a recipe very similar to this for about 20 yrs. I don’t remember where I got but it uses a baking mix such as Bisquick or Krusteez and I love it. I had not made it for a while so I decided to try it recently with GF Biquick using a slightly different recipe I found online. While the new recipe was good, it wasn’t as good at the original. The origial has about 6 ingredients, has the water poured over the top and is baked in the oven.

1. Sara says:

Thanks for posting about gf bisquik!!! It made reading ALL the comments worth it since that’s what I wanted to know. :-)
      I also used bisquik in a pudding cake recipe for years (also Hershey’s syrup was in it) and it was sooo delicious. I hope gf bisquik and some coconut oil can make it as delicious!

76. june says:

This pudding cake sounds easy to make and delicious! I am eager to try it out, very impressed with the nutritional data!!! I love your recipes, thanks for being so wonderful at what you do! :-)

77. Sana says:

I am making this cake right now and super excited to try it! Does this freeze well? I don’t think I can eat the whole thing myself!

78. Susan W. says:

My mother-in-law gave me a cake recipe like this when we got married 30 years ago that you bake it in the oven. I haven’t made it in years. Now I want to find my recipe and see how it works out with gluten free flour. Thanks Katie!

79. Kyla says:

I’m going to the kitchen. RIGHT. THIS. SECOND. to make this. I am going to make it gluten free, and use Cacao powder instead of cocoa powder. Usually that works for me, I just usually have to cook it a bit longer. This looks so, so tastiful (I know that isn’t a word)!

1. Kyla says:

Oh my goodness. This is delicious! I kind of expected it to have that bad aftertaste of cacao powder and bobs GF flour, but it doesn’t, it tastes like heaven! I am eating it right now. I’m in love!

80. Gabrielle Peresso says:

My second favourite, maybe it will be my first if I put a blob of peanut butter on it !!

81. andrea says:

wowwwww i wish i was as pretty and skinny as you, katie!

82. Lia says:

Is there another way of cooking this other than using a crockpot?

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Some of the other commenters here say they’ve used an oven.

83. Dee says:

saw it. made it. ate it. OMG.

84. Elaine Allen says:

I tried the pudding cake using almond flour-not good. it is a runny mess altho chocolate so i will definitely eat it. and since I knew I would wit to eat that i also made the pumpkin chocolate brownies,also with almond flour and again- not a success. They are very soft; I will likely eat them with raspberries. Next time should I just go with the gf flour or add some flax meal?
    And can cocoa nibs be used for chocolate chips? And have you used black chocolate? I used it mixed with my regular chocolate powder. I am enjoying your recipes so keep’em coming! Elaine

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Almond flour is not an even sub in recipes unfortunately. Check out Katie’s Recipe FAQ page at the top of her blog. It might be helpful for some of your questions :-)

85. Elaine says:

when you say pure stevia do you mean the liquid or powder? And do you have a way to convert the amt of powder to liquid?
    Also, since there are no mistakes with your recipes,only a variation on the result, the liquid pudding became a great sorbet!!

86. Cindie says:

350 9 inch pan 30 minutes

87. Katie says:

Hi. If I am making this the night before, should I reheat and serve warm the next day? Room temperature? Thank you!

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

It is good both hot or cold!!

88. Sharon says:

What kind of milk did you use? I like to Use almond milk but tried it in an instant pudding mix once and the pudding wouldn’t thicken.

1. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Almond is fine here.

89. Alicia says:

Really wanna try this!! Love this blog so much, thanks for sharing all your recipes Katie!

I plan to try this in mason jars, baked in the oven, anyone has any ideas on the temperature and time?:/
    Thanks in advance!:)

90. Stephanie says:

Hi Katie!

I just discovered your blog! I am about to try this recipe, adapting it for oven (gonna try 8×8 pan at 350 for 35-40 mins) and using gluten-free flour. Couple of thoughts out of the gate:

1. King Arthur gluten-free flour blend is the best one I’ve ever used. No weird taste or texture.

2. I’m going to try adding a bit of corn starch with the dry ingredients so the pudding layer thickens better in the absence of gluten. You could also use potato starch if you didn’t want to use corn. I’ll let everyone know how much corn starch I use and how everything comes out.

1. Stephanie says:

I used 2 tablespoons of corn starch, which was too much. Next time I would cut it in half and see what I get. Delicious flavor, though. One strange thing–mine had the cake on the bottom and the pudding layer on top? Whenever I’ve made these kinds of cakes before, the cake layer forms on top and the pudding is on the bottom. Not sure how mine wound up upside-down. Anyone else have feedback on how theirs came out? Pudding where and cake where?

91. Diana says:

Hi Katie,

For the cocoa powder, is that unsweetened or sweetened? I’m gng to give this a try. Love your blog and I iust bought the kindle edition of your book!

1. Diana says:

Also, can u share ur go to brand for Cocoa powder for ur recipes?

2. Unofficial CCK Helper says:

Unsweetened, although for this recipe either will do! :-)

92. Cassie says:

Preach! Chocolate can solve many, MANY problems!

93. Allie Gilman says:

Hi cck! After you make this recipe and are ready to eat it can you heat it up or would that mess up the pudding effect? Thanks!

94. Kim says:

Hey, do you think I could freeze unused portions of this cake? (Once it’s cooled and more like a fudgy texture instead of the pudding texture?

95. Phyllis Margolis says:

I should have requested this in cold weather; however, please please tell us how to make Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake without the crock pot. I don’t have one and wouldn’t know how to begin timing this recipe in the oven. Thanks so much!

96. Jessica says:

Loved this! It was so easy to make, and delicious, especially the next day!

97. Inge says:

This recipe really was one of the main reasons why I wanted to get a crock pot, no joking! And I have to say, it was so worth it! Thank you! 😀

98. Ilta says:

Just made this in a simple rice cooker and it worked out perfectly fine! Very delicious :) Thanks for a grea idea, Katie! Been following your blog since beginning and always come here first when I need new ideas! :)

99. Joanne says:

Just put this in my slow cooker now… Oh yes!

100. Danielle says:

Any tried and tested oven conversions and pan size? And should I make to eat day of or day before. It’s for my daughters birthday party

101. Ashleigh says:

Do the nutrition facts provided include both sugars? Thanks.

102. Violette says:

Katie, OMG you are so pretty. Sorry because before i looked at your photo I thought people that related to desserts gonna be like not fit and stuff like that, but when I see your picture, my mind blown away. You are so pretty and I love your recipe.
    I love dark chocolate, can you make some recipe that is quick and banana ish. I know that you have tons of those and I love the chocolate banana bread. But more of that category is absolutely purrrrfect.
    Love it!