Sign up for NEW free healthy recipes - Currently over 300,000 subscribers!

Lemon Cookie Dough Bites

Lemon Babies

Easy to make.

Easy to store.

Easy to eat.

Lemon Babies

Lemon might be the most underrated dessert flavor of all time. I’m sorry to say I’ve neglected it on this blog, having posted only a handful of lemon recipes (my favorite of which is the Healthy Lemon Squares recipe) in over six years of blogging.  But making these lemon cookie dough bites has reminded me of the delights of lemon desserts, and hopefully I can do the flavor justice in the future.

What about the rest of you?

Are you a fan of lemon desserts?

Raw Lemon Bites

Lemon Cookie Dough Bites

(makes 14)

• 1/2 cup raisins (80g)
  • 1/2 cup cashews or macadamia nuts (80g)
  • 6 tbsp quick oats or gluten-free quick oats (30g)
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 6-in by 2-in lemon zest slice

Process the oats in a food processor, then add all other ingredients and process very well. Process until no big pieces of lemon zest remain. It should form fine crumbles. If it’s too crumbly to form a dough, you can add up to 2 tsp water and process again. Transfer the crumbles into a plastic bag and smush into a ball. Break off pieces and roll into mini balls (or shape into bars if you’d prefer). Store at room temperature for a few days, or refrigerate or freeze a few weeks. (Note: I did not have success making this recipe in a blender, but you can try if you must.)

Click for: Lemon Bites Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

single serving desserts!

95 Single Serving Dessert Recipes

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Easy to store… Ha! Yeah right. In my house these would be eaten up in ten minutes flat 😉

1. Hmmm… well that is definitely one way of defining “easy storage” 😉

2. Growing up my Dad always made the most incredible Lemon Tea bread so I’m a total sucker for Lemon desserts!

3. Jessica Rose says:

I’m thinking these would be gobbled up (by me!) in about ten minutes after i’ve made them!

4. I absolutely love lemon flavored desserts. They are so fresh-tasting. I make a similar recipe–your version looks incredible. 🙂

5. Peggy says:

Gasp! Those sound amazing! I love Lemon Anything!

6. I love lemon! I can (and have) eaten the entire filling of a Lemon Meringue Pie without touching the crust or the fluffy top. These days, I know that the egg-white topping will keep the sugar in the pie from spiking my blood sugar… so I eat it… but I don’t mix the two. I had never heard of Lemon Curd when I was younger, but now I know I can get a jar of lemon curd and spoon that out as a topping. The only thing better might be lime curd. I will have to try this recipe… I’ve seen the one you have for the lemon bars and I drooled over them but I can’t eat tofu so they were a ‘no go’ for me. This sounds great!

1. robin says:

Hi Katie,
      These looks wonderful. I was wondering what kind of zester you use? Mine only zests tiny pieces. I am not sure how you would go about make 6×2 inch pieces. Please explain more.
      Thanks so much. I have a day off tomorrow and hopefully will try to make them. I think i have two lemons waiting

1. I just cut a strip off the lemon. It all gets processed anyway.

7. naquita says:

I love lemon, used to actually eat them!

Don’t know if you tried it but lemon and dark chocolate actually go,really well together. In Austria they used to sell a great chocolate bar with lemon, dark chocolate and black pepper. Definitely worth a try!

8. Hollie says:

I actually think that lemon is my absolute favorite dessert unchocolate related. These look really easy to make and really good as well. Thanks for sharing!

9. I love this idea, quick and healthy. I too have to experiment more with lemon in desserts, it really is so bright and tasty!

10. Ruchi says:

What is a lemon zest slice and how do I obtain this? I love lemon flavored desserts again! (I didn’t for like 20 years.)

1. Kinzie says:

I was wondering the same thing, but I’m guessing this means we should maybe… take a vegetable peeler to a lemon and sort of slice off the skin around the middle? Would that work?

1. L says:

Basically. Lemon zest is just the outermost rind, the firm yellow part; the thing you want to do is avoid the pith (the stringy white stuff between the zest and the fruit).

1. Ruchi says:

Thanks, L. I understand what zest is and use it often. Just never heard of a zest slice. Would just the zest of one lemon work if it’s going to be ground up anyway?

1. Yes… I just wanted to give a more specific measurement since lemons vary in size.

11. Yum, yum, yum! I love the lemon Larabars, and this looks super-similar — I’ll have to try it! Thanks for sharing.

12. What a perfect way to greet the new seasons with a cookie and lemon dough dessert! 😀 perfect! Pinned!!

13. These look outrageously good. I always forget how much I love lemon desserts, especially in the spring when I’ll take all the “sunshine” I can get, even if it’s just in my food!

14. Lemon desserts are my FAVORITE!! I’m glad you’ll give them a little more attention.

15. Alliso says:

Could you use almonds? I am not a fan of cashews or macadamia nuts.

16. EVA says:

Lemon Laraba-lls!

17. Oooh, I love these Katie! Just featured them on All Gluten-Free Desserts! 🙂 Admittedly, I’m personally not big on raisins, but I bet these would be lovely with dates instead. 😉

Thanks! xo,

18. Edward says:

Katie, please send me or publish on your page the recipe for wafers used in wafer cookies. Specifically, how to make those thin rigid wafers that come in cookies like Kit Kat and others, where you place one sheet of wafer covered with some cream or paste, then on top of that the next wafer, etc. Also, if you know about the hand operated machines used for baking them, like the waffle gadgets, pls. advise.

I will be grateful to you. Thank you in advance,
    Edward Gabor

19. chana boas says:

Who takes those bites out of every single attempt at making these delicious desserts? it can’t be you, you would be the size of an elephant!

20. Sadye says:

I am a fan, but it’s only been in the past few years that I’ve been able to *remember* that at key times! You are right that it’s among the most underappreciated dessert ingredients.