This moist and completely delicious apple banana bread is like eating apple pie, in the shape of banana bread.
It’s the perfect healthy recipe for breakfast OR dessert.
And with no eggs or dairy, the banana bread can easily be adapted for many different diets, including vegan, oil free, low fat, low calorie, and gluten free.
Plus… did I mention the part about how it tastes like apple pie???
You may also like: Chocolate Banana Bread
How to make apple banana bread
This is a kid-friendly banana bread recipe that adults love too.
To make it, simply stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl – no yeast or stand mixer required.
Smooth the batter into a loaf pan, and bake until the banana bread is soft and fluffy and the entire kitchen smells like cinnamon sugar.
Leftovers taste even better the next day, and you can also freeze the loaf for a healthy snack any time you’re craving homemade banana bread.
Recipe Note: I usually leave the peel on the apple, but feel free to peel it before dicing if you prefer.
Want muffins instead? Try these Applesauce Muffins
Banana bread variations:
Stir in 1/2 cup diced walnuts, almonds, or pecans.
Add 1/4 cup shredded coconut, or for a Hawaiian version try this Pineapple Bread.
For a caramel flavor, add a handful of chopped dates to the batter.
Other optional additions include raisins, dried cranberries, or a pinch of nutmeg or ginger. Feel free to experiment, and be sure to leave a comment if you do!
Above – watch the apple banana bread recipe video
Apple Banana Bread
- 2 cups spelt, white, or oat flour (for low carb: Almond Flour Banana Bread)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp each: cinnamon, baking powder, and salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (360g)
- 1 cup diced apple (120g)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup oil, or additional milk of choice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 pan. Combine dry ingredients, then add wet to form a batter. Smooth into the pan. Bake on the center rack 48 minutes or until soft and fluffy. Let cool. If you can wait, it's best to loosely cover and refrigerate overnight because the taste and texture are even better the second day.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram