These healthy and vegan Oreo pancakes are the perfect breakfast for any Oreo lover.
Oreo Cookie Pancakes???
With a simple cookies ‘n cream filling sandwiched between each fluffy chocolate layer, it’s enough to make Michelle Obama call a state of emergency for the breakfast table.
But the First Lady needn’t worry, as these decadent Oreo pancakes pose no threat whatsoever to her Let’s Move campaign for healthier kids. They are secretly filled with fiber, protein, calcium, magnesium, probiotics, and the most important healthy ingredient of all: chocolate.
Also try these 3-ingredient Flourless Pancakes
This weekend I had fun playing host to a friend from middle school and her daughter, Kristin (whom I’ve mentioned before on the blog).
I told Kristin I would make her anything she wanted for breakfast, and she got a mischievous look in her eye and said, “Oreo cookies!”
So I asked her, “What about Oreo pancakes?” and she decided that was an even better idea than cookies.
Leftover chocolate? Make Black Bean Brownies
If it were up to me, I would’ve made a frosting with coconut butter.
I am so predictable.
But Kristin doesn’t like coconut butter. In her words, it is “yucky.” So we went vanilla yogurt instead.
Lately I’ve been having a lot of fun experimenting with vinegar—it adds a lightness to baked goods, which can be enormously beneficial when using whole-grain flours.
The pancakes turned out light and fluffy without the need for any eggs.
If desired, feel free to substitute the yogurt filling for Coconut Whipped Cream.
Oreo Cookie Pancakes
- 2 Oreos or Healthy Oreos
- 1 tsp white or cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil (sub applesauce only if you like the taste of fat-free pancakes)
- 1/4 cup spelt, white, or gf ap flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup yogurt (I like nondairy)
- Whisk first 4 ingredients. Set aside. Combine next 5 ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Place a non-stick pan, greased with either oil or oil spray, over medium heat. While it heats, pour wet into dry and stir until just mixed. Then cook your pancakes (I did mine in two batches), adjusting the heat a little lower if necessary. Flip when bubbles appear and the sides are just cooked enough to flip without breaking. Meanwhile, combine the final two ingredients, then spread on the pancakes. View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Chocolate Recipes