Soft and chewy lemon pixie cookies are easy to make and bursting with lemon flavor!
If you like buttery lemon cookies that melt in your mouth, be sure to give these homemade lemon pixie cookies a try.
They are sure to win over any lemon lover, and the recipe can be flourless, keto, gluten free, sugar free, egg free, dairy free, and vegan.
Readers also like these Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lemon pixie cookie ingredients
You will need almond flour, lemon zest, pure vanilla extract, powdered sweetener, baking soda, butter or coconut oil, salt, and lemon juice.
The recipe calls for almond meal or almond flour, but there is also a nut free option linked for those who prefer to make nut free lemon cookies.
I do not recommend substituting a different flour for the almond here. Wheat flour, coconut flour, and almond flour all work very differently in baking.
As a fun flavor twist, try swapping out the lemon with orange zest and juice.
Use leftover lemon zest to make Keto Lemon Bread
Watch the lemon cookie recipe video, above
How to make the lemon cookies
Melt the butter or oil, then stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl to form a cookie dough.
Roll into cookie dough balls. I use a cookie scoop to form balls. For softer and chewier cookies, refrigerate the balls until cold or overnight. Otherwise, bake right away.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll the balls in powdered sugar or erythritol if desired, then place the cookie balls on a parchment lined baking tray. Bake 10 minutes on the oven’s center rack.
Press the cookies down with a spoon to turn them into cookie shapes. Let cool fully before handling, as they are delicate while still hot.
Making cookies with a food scale
If you want to use gram measurements instead of cups, here are the amounts to use:
120 grams of almond flour, 15 grams of powdered sugar or erythritol, 30 grams of butter or oil, 10 grams of lemon juice, and 5 grams of pure vanilla extract.
Also remember to add the salt, baking soda, and lemon zest.
Lemon Pixie Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour (or try these nut free Lemon Meltaways)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar or erythritol
- zest of one lemon
- scant 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- optional powdered sugar or erythritol for rolling
- Melt butter or oil. Stir all ingredients to form a dough, then roll into balls. For chewier cookies, refrigerate balls until cold or overnight. Or you can bake right away. Roll balls in additional powdered sugar if desired. Preheat the oven to 325 F. Bake on a parchment lined cookie tray for 10 minutes. Use a spoon to press the balls into cookie shapes. Let cool fully before handling, as they are delicate at first but firm up considerably as they cool.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Easy Lemon Recipes
Or these Vegan Lemon Bars