A dairy free and low carb keto ice cream recipe everyone can enjoy, even if you’re not on a keto diet!
Smooth and creamy keto ice cream, without all the sugar.
Serve it on top of brownies or with these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars.
The hands-down most popular request I’ve been getting from readers this past month has been for more keto recipes.
But you definitely don’t need to be on a ketogenic diet—or any diet—to enjoy this easy and sugar free ice cream.
With just 4 ingredients and the same delicious creaminess of regular dairy ice cream, what’s not to love?
Ice cream is one of my favorite foods (at this point, I should honestly just call it a food group), and I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to miss out on eating it. Although I’m not on the keto diet, I really love this ice cream too!
You May Also Like: Keto Muffins – Just 6 Ingredients
How To Make Keto Ice Cream
As mentioned, you only need 4 ingredients to make the recipe… or 5 if you want to turn it into chocolate keto ice cream!
You simply stir everything together, and then either churn it in an ice cream maker OR freeze the mixture in ice cube trays (which can be purchased for as little as 2 dollars at most grocery stores or home stores such as Bed Bath Beyond).
Then blend the frozen ice cubes in a Vitamix or thaw enough to blend in a food processor or regular blender. I like to scoop it out with an ice cream scoop for that authentic ice cream shape.
The recipe is based on my Coconut Ice Cream Recipe, so if you’re not following the keto diet, you can absolutely feel free to use your favorite sweetener (sugar, maple syrup, etc.), and it still works.
To make the ice cream keto, use xylitol, a low-glycemic and natural sugar alternative with 40% fewer calories that is absorbed more slowly than sugar and doesn’t have the same effect on insulin or blood sugar levels. (Just like chocolate, raisins, and avocados, it should not be fed to dogs.)
Trending Right Now: Keto Cake – The BEST Chocolate Recipe
Low Carb Ice Cream Recipe
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
- Sugar Free
- Soy Free
- Gluten Free
Above – watch the video how to make keto ice cream!
Keto Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup xylitol erythritol, or sweetener of choice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- optional ingredients for desired flavor
- Be sure to use full-fat canned coconut milk, not lite or coconutmilk beverage. If desired, you can use the seeds from a vanilla bean instead of the extract. To make the keto ice cream: Stir together the milk, sweetener, salt, and vanilla extract. If you have an ice cream machine, simply churn according to manufacturer’s directions. Or to make it without an ice cream machine, freeze the mixture in ice cube trays, then blend the frozen cubes in a high-speed blender such as a Vitamix OR thaw them enough to then blend in a food processor or regular blender. Eat as-is, or freeze an hour or so for a firmer texture. Due to not having any preservatives or stabilizers, the keto ice cream is best the day it’s made, but you can technically freeze leftovers up to a month and thaw before serving.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Healthy Keto Recipes:
For all of the following recipes, just be sure to use the keto-friendly ingredient options when given. If you aren’t allowed applesauce and want to make one of the recipes that calls for it, substituting nondairy yogurt will work too.
Coconut Butter – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
*This post contains an Amazon affiliate link. All proceeds from affiliate links on my entire site will always go to charity.