Chocolate chip cookie baked oatmeal – a filling and healthy breakfast that tastes like a gooey homemade chocolate chip cookie, hot from the oven!
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
This delicious and easy-to-make chocolate chip breakfast oatmeal is not meant for sharing.
If you’ve ever dreamed about eating soft homemade chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, now is your chance.
Trending Right Now: Oat Milk – Everything You Need To Know
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Keto Cookies – Low Carb
Seeing as this is The Healthy Dessert Blog, it makes perfect sense that breakfast would also look a lot like dessert around here!
My birthday was a few weeks ago, and while I was initially drawn to the idea of celebrating in pajamas with chocolate cake while watching The Crown on Netflix, somehow a group of friends convinced me to go out.
Although we didn’t get home until after midnight, three people in our group were supposed to run 16 miles Saturday morning as part of marathon training. For about five seconds, I considered joining to run half of those miles…
Then I remembered the mini chocolate chips in my kitchen pantry and decided staying in with chocolate chip cookie baked oatmeal sounded like a much better option.
Chocolate for breakfast is always a good choice.
Related –> Here’s What I Eat In A Day
(Above – watch the video of making the oatmeal)
Adapted from Chocolate Chip Breakfast Squares
Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookie Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce, yogurt, or mashed banana
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup, agave, honey, OR pinch uncut stevia
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- handful mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 tbsp butter or nut butter of choice, or omit for fat-free
- optional 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 380 F. Stir together all ingredients. Pour into a greased or lined small baking pan, loaf pan, oven-safe dish, or two 1/2-cup ramekins. Cook for 20 min, or until firm. I like to then broil for 3 minutes, but you can just bake longer if you’d prefer.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
More Single Serving Recipes: