5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
I’ve had a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup obsession for as long as I can remember.
They were my movie-theater snack of choice, my favorite lunchbox addition, and every year on Halloween when my sister and I would get back from trick-or-treating, we’d go through our candy and trade all of her peanut butter cups for my Sour Patch Kids, Starbursts, Nerds, Skittles, and other offending items that have absolutely no place in a true chocoholic’s stash of Halloween candy.
These Peanut Butter Cups Can Be:
Also if you stack them really high, you can play Peanut Butter Jenga.
And if you’re wondering what Peanut Butter Jenga is… well, it’s like regular Jenga, except you eat the pieces instead of putting them back 😉
Peanut Butter Cup Filling Ideas
So if you need a nut free option, or are not a fan of peanut butter or simply want to try something different, you still have so many possibilities for the filling!
What would be your dream peanut butter cup flavor… Can you think of any flavors I’ve left out?
The recipe was adapted from: Ice Cube Tray Peanut Butter Cups
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or allergy-friendly sub
- optional 1 1/2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- optional 1/8 tsp salt
- optional rice crispies cacao nibs, chia seeds, etc.
- chocolate coating recipe below
- *For the chocolate, you can either melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips (with recommended-but-optional 2 tsp vegetable or coconut oil for a smoother sauce), OR stir together 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder, 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or cacao butter, and 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave to form a thin sauce.For the recipe: Stir peanut butter together with all optional ingredients. (I included the optional sweetener in there because most peanut butter cup recipes do include a sweetener in the filling. But if you’re used to healthy desserts that aren’t super-sweet, it’s also fine to omit.) Spread about 1 tsp chocolate sauce up the sides of either mini cupcake liners or candy molds. Freeze. Add about a tsp of the peanut butter (or one of the alternative fillings listed earlier in this post). Cover with another tsp more chocolate. Freeze to set. If using the chocolate chip option, these don’t need refrigeration; the coconut-oil version should stay chilled.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Popular Recipes This Week: