This ultra soft and moist zucchini bread recipe is a delicious healthy breakfast or snack, with over a FULL CUP of zucchini hidden inside!
The Best Homemade Zucchini Bread
If you ever find yourself with extra zucchini on hand, this is the perfect way to use it up!
Packed with flavor and nutrition, the bakery-style zucchini loaf is great for serving to guests or taking as a healthy on-the-go snack.
The zucchini gives sweetness and moisture to the recipe without all the added fat and calories, and it can easily be made a day in advance or sliced and frozen to enjoy any time you’re craving zucchini bread.
You May Also Like: Overnight Oats – 15 Recipes
Easy Zucchini Quick Bread
To make the zucchini bread recipe, simply combine everything in a bowl, spread into a 9×5 pan, and let the oven do the rest.
I’ve found that the easiest way to grate the summer squash is to use a food processor.
There’s no need to peel your zucchini first – the skin is full of fiber and nutrition and gives the loaf that perfect green-flecked finish of classic zucchini bread.
Leftover zucchini? Use it up in this Veggie Burger Recipe
Healthy Zucchini Bread Options
This recipe is super-customizable.
Stir in a handful of raisins, dried pineapple, or shredded coconut, a sprinkle of cinnamon or lemon zest, or—my personal favorite—mini chocolate chips.
The zucchini loaf can be topped with cream cheese or powdered sugar, spread with coconut butter or almond butter, or it’s even delicious served plain with no frosting at all.
The quick bread can be gluten free, low fat, oil free, egg free, dairy free, whole grain, and vegan.
And the best part is that it tastes like eating cake for breakfast!
Feel free to substitute yellow squash for the zucchini, coconut sugar for refined sugar, milk of choice (such as almond milk) for the oil, and spelt, oat, or gluten free all purpose flour for white flour to make it healthier.
If you don’t have a loaf pan, try this recipe for Zucchini Muffins.
Above – Watch the video of how to make zucchini bread from scratch!
- 1 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini (300g)
- 1/4 cup oil, or milk of choice for fat free
- 1 tbsp white or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour (see note below)
- 1 cup sugar (for refined-sugar-free, try this Zucchini Banana Bread)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- optional 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Whisk in remaining ingredients, then stir until just evenly mixed. Spread into the pan. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until loaf has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram