Cheesecake Pancakes

Cheesecake for Breakfast!

If the Cheesecake Factory and IHOP ever had a baby, it might look something like this:

pancakes sharper

My dad likes pancakes

And he absolutely loves my Blueberry Pie Pancakes.

So I knew that’s what I wanted to make for him on Fathers’ Day. (Yes, I still make him breakfast on Fathers’ Day. Even though I’m an adult, I’ll always be my father’s child. Therefore, every Fathers’ Day I’m lucky enough to spend with Dad, I’ll treat him to breakfast in bed.) Seeing as this was a special occasion, I didn’t want to make just any old blueberry pancakes…

pancakesfun

And so, I created cheesecake-topped Blueberry Pie Pancakes.

This breakfast came together in about ten minutes flat! I even squeezed in an 8-mile run and still got breakfast made before Dad woke up. (I mixed the dry ingredients for the pancakes the night before.)

Cheesecake Sauce

(Also known as “Cinnamon Roll Frosting”)

• 1/4 cup mori-nu silken-firm tofu (50g)
  • 3-4 tbsp cream cheese style spread (such as Tofutti non-hydrogenated)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2-3 tbsp milk of choice (depending on desired thickness)
  • sweetener to taste (such as sugar, stevia, agave, etc.)
  • optional: feel free to blend in 1/4 cup berries

Combine all ingredients in your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. I used the Magic Bullet short cup. (If you have a larger food processor, you might want to double the recipe for better blending.) Makes about 2/3 cup.  This pretty much tastes like cream cheese frosting in liquid form. You might even try doubling the recipe and maybe even adding a 1/2 cup of fruit and extra milk for a fruit-cheesecake milkshake!

View Nutrition Facts

pancakes sharper

This sauce would also go well on my Healthy Red Velvet Pancakes.

Have you ever been to The Cheesecake Factory?

I’ve actually never eaten at The Cheesecake Factory. And I’ve only been to IHOP once (many years ago). I ordered crepes and excitedly dug into the mound of whipped cream on top… except it wasn’t whipped cream at all; it was sour cream!

Tags: , , , ,

1. I made blueberry cheesecake bars this weekend with similar ingredients!

2. I LOVE Cheesecake. I also love Cheesecake Factory. I have one right by my apartment and my friends and I go fairly often (compared to other places downtown). Their bread is amazing. Especially the brown (whole wheat, maybe?). So good.

1. Jessica says:

It’s their pumpernickel bread and it’s amazing. Whenever I go there, I tell the waiter to only bring the brown bread. All they do is smirk and say okay – but they understand it’s sooooo good! Outback Steakhouse also has some amazing pumpernickel bread, which is on the same status I’d say.

3. Your dad is a LUCKY guy!! That sauce sounds AMAZING!! I saw some toffee vegan cream cheese once and I think that would be AMAZING in this sauce! Mmmmm…

I actually haven’t had cheesecake since I became vegan a while back! I definitely NEED to rectify this! 😛

4. Looks delicious! Some on your carrot cake pancakes will be good too!
    My favourite cake of all time is cheesecake, especially light Japanese Cheese cake. Those are soooo good!
    I heard yogurt can replace cheese in cheesecake too! Including soy yogurt. (Just a suggestion to cheesecake-deprived vegans out here!) 😀

5. tea-bag says:

i’ve been to the cheesecake factory many times – they have some pretty healthy salad options if you know what to look for! i don’t like “american-style” cheesecakes, they’re far too sweet for me! i like european style, old-school cheesecakes that are more savory (and smaller!).

6. I’ve never been to the Cheez Cake Factory. IHOP yes though! I bet yours taste better than theirs though 🙂 I do not like CheeseCake that much actually :O I know…but thats just me! The pictures look amazing though!!

7. Tara says:

I love cheesecake, but I can only handle a few bites since it is so heavy! Last night my mom and I split peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake. I bet that would taste amazing in pancake form!

8. Those look so creamy and delish!

9. Lauren W says:

This is the perfect solution to a Ihop craving with all of the yumminess and none of the fake or bad for you stuff! 😀 Thanks for being a genius Katie!

10. Crystal says:

Omg, the title of this post alone was enough to make me start drooling. I want to dive into a stack of those….

11. kate says:

crap these look insane I love the sauce dripping down that is exactly my kind of pancake!

12. What a great idea! I love cheesecake!!!

13. Yum!! My dad and I had Chinese food, which was delightful! But I wish we’d first had blueberry pancakes … followed by Chinese.

14. hippierunner says:

I’m not a cheesecake fan but I bet your pancakes could convince me of otherwise! So sweet of you to make breakfast in bed for your dad; I wanted to do that but by the time I had woke up at 8, my dad had already ran 10 miles and showered!

1. Wow! Can your dad rub off on my dad? I try to get him to run with me… I succeeded once, and I took Henry too. My dad was tired even before Henry! And he never went again :(.
      My mom is hard to make breakfast for, because she’s an early riser too… maybe we need to get up at 3am???

15. Leslie says:

Gorgeous! I want to drink it through a straw! Might just have to try your milkshake idea!

1. Leslie says:

And I NEED to make those pancakes too!

16. Sarah says:

Oh sweet lord I LOVE cheesecake and HECK YES I’ve been to the cheesecake factory 🙂 Love it!

17. Oh.my.god. I need to make these. Maybe without the blueberries though- I’m not a huge fan. But, I could totally add chocolate chips! 🙂

1. Ooh that sounds even better than blueberries. Ok, I love blueberries, but really… can anything beat chocolate chips?!

18. Ragnhild says:

What a great start to the day for your dad, these looks awesome! I made your Blueberry pie pancakes for my friends- and they loved them! I guess a little cheesecake frosting wouldt hurt! Especially when it has tofu in it 😉
    Im not actually a huge cheesecake fan. Pre-vegan, I prefered brownies and chocolate over cheese- and cream- cakes. I have tasted a few raw cheesecakes that I have looved though, and I want to try out one with tofu too- just to check 🙂
    Have you ever made the cheesecake from The Candle Cafe cookbook? It looks delicious on the photo!

1. I haven’t! But I was lucky enough to try their homemade version a few years ago… for free!!! The waiter thought I was cute and gave the table free dessert! It was the best day :).

19. Ally says:

Hi CCK! My husband and I had a blueberry pizzert for our Sunday brunch and it was fantastic! I can’t wait to try the blueberry pancakes with the cream cheese frosting…your recipes just keep getting better and better! I had a question: I have 1/2 a dozen peaches sitting in my kitchen and was wondering if you had any ideas on how to use them? I am up for anything (i.e. peaches and cream oatmeal?). HELP?! 🙂

1. Hey Ally!
      Hmmm… you could always do a peach pizzert, or maybe even sub peaches in the pancake recipe? Or here are a few more (some of which are other fruits, but you can sub peaches)… I hope I don’t overwhelm you with links!

Fruit Crumble: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2008/05/10/peachy-keen-jellybean/
      Peach Oatmeal: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2008/05/11/still-in-the-mood/
      Peach Faux-Yo: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2009/01/12/and-so-begins-vitamix-week/
      Peach Cupcake for One: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/04/29/single-lady-cupcake-for-the-royal-wedding/
      Peach cobbler bars: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/06/05/raspberry-cobbler-bars/

20. M. says:

I stay away from Cheesecake Factory. Way too many calories for someone trying to lose weight! Your version sounds much healthier and just as delicious as IHOP, or maybe even more so!