Carrot Cake In A Mug

Carrot Cake In A Mug –

mini carrot cake

Raise your hand if you like carrot cake.

Jump up and down if you’d like a single-serving carrot cake in a mug that takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so healthy you can eat the entire recipe in one sitting.

Yes, you really can.

mini carrot cake

Of course you’ll want frosting.

I used this recipe: Healthy Cream Cheese Frosting.

Carrot cake is nothing without frosting! Alternatively, you can use vanilla frosting, peanut butter, or whatever your carrot-loving heart desires. It should be no surprise to you that my own carrot-loving heart often desires coconut butter. Slice the cake–or cakes–in half and then slather on that frosting!

mini carrot cake

Oh, um, and you can stop jumping up and down now.

People at work will start to think you’re crazy…

A "single serving" carrot cake recipe with over 51,000 repins that can even be made in your microwave and is secretly good for you?! Recipe here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/04/03/five-minute-carrot-cake-for-one/

A “single serving” carrot cake recipe that can even be made in your microwave and is secretly good for you – it can’t get much better than that!

As seen on Buzzfeed - a single serving carrot cake mug cake / can be made in the microwave, & less than 150 calories. Full recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/04/03/five-minute-carrot-cake-for-one/ @choccoveredkt

pin-it

Carrot Cake In A Mug

• 1/4 cup spelt, white, or Bob’s gf flour
  • just over 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • optional 1/2 tsp ener-g or 2 tsp flaxmeal, to help it rise more
  • 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar OR xylitol (or coconut or white sugar)
  • pinch uncut stevia OR 1 more tbsp sugar
  • 1/3 cup canned carrots, drained (or steamed carrots, peeled) (For a variation, sub with 1/4c pureed pumpkin) (60g)
  • 1 tbsp milk of choice
  • 1 tbsp oil OR more milk of choice
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Carrot Mug Cake Recipe: In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (not carrots). If you have a blender or Magic Bullet, mix all wet ingredients and blend. (For those without a blender, simply fork-mash the carrots very well before combining with the other wet ingredients.) Then mix dry into wet, and stir.  Pour into greased ramekins or a little dish or mug. (I used two 1/2-cup ramekins.) If using the microwave, cook for 1 minute 20 seconds (or more or less, depending on the strength of your microwave). Or you can cook this in the oven at 350F for around 15 minutes. Let cool before trying to pop out. Serves 1-2. Scroll to the end of this post for a frosting recommendation.

View Carrot Mug Cake Nutrition Facts

Link Of The Day:

mint-cheesecake.jpg

Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie Cheesecake – vegan, no food coloring

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. i love carrot cake, but the frosting on it is what totally makes it for me!! your single lady recipes are awesome – love them!

2. Haha I saw the title of this post and literally said out loud: “God bless you.” I am excited to try this one!!!

3. I’m so excited for this recipe! I gave up chocolate for Lent and the other night I was really in the mood for a mug cake, but all of the recipes I had for mug cakes were made with chocolate! This sounds amazing. Can’t wait to try it out!

4. I LOVE carrot cake … mostly because I love the cream cheese frosting. 😉 I love these mini cakes for one. Having too much cake around the house is always so tempting! 🙂

5. Carrot cake is my FAVORITE cake!

6. LOVE carrot cake! This will be a MUST TRY ASAP recipe!

7. Samantha says:

I actually only started loving carrot cake as a vegan. Generally I enjoy the ones I make.

Yesterday I made the peanut butter frosting for the first time and still have some leftovers on hand so I have options! I never would have thought about peanut butter frosting on a carrot cake but I can totally see that working.

It is SO cute. I love the layered look.

1. Well, we always used to do raw carrot sticks dipped in pb… so why not? 😉

2. I agree, pb + carrots = something good! I love dipping carrots in pb…….could make that my meal sometimes…

8. Michaela says:

I ADORE carrot cake!!! Love, love, love it! (but only if there are no raisins involved!)

1. Samantha says:

I am TOTALLY with you on the raisins.

1. Give me all your raisins!!

9. I love carrot cake – but almost never think to make/eat it. This looks so delicious!

10. Leah says:

Looks good, I did want to let you know the WW points are not accurate (old points looked at calories, fat, fiber only…new points plus looks at total carbs, fiber, protein, fat and to my knowledge they haven’t released the formula–so you have to use a WW calculator to get the points plus value, whereas the old way you could quickly calculate it yourself). WW it’s probably 2 points plus for 1 serving and 4 points plus for 2 servings…

1. Oh no 🙁
      I was so proud of myself lol (Sad?)
      I googled “how to calculate weight watchers points for a recipe” and found the formula you mentioned–the old one. I’ll go edit my post now… thanks for letting me know!

1. It’s 2.

>.>

*runs away*

1. Renee V. says:

2’s better than 5 or 6 or 7 which what one usually runs at per slice

2. Phyllis says:

Thanks for mentioning WW points. I would love to make some of these, but have no idea how to figure the points. I know Katie doesn’t include ingredient percentages to calculate. Is there a way that you do it?

1. Phyllis says:

Thanks, I just saw on the Pumpkin Cupcake recipe that there is a nutritional value. Will all of your recipes have this in the future?

1. They all have had it listed since at least the beginning of this year 🙂

11. lauren kelly says:

You just made my day! Looks amazing!! 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

What would happen if I grated raw carrot really finely and used that instead? I had no idea you could even get canned carrots! 🙂

1. I think you need the pureed carrots for extra moistness. But as stated in the recipe, you can use fresh (peeled) carrots– just steam them very well first.

1. Laura says:

I just made this with raw carrots and it turned out fine. I grated them on the finest side of my box grater (skipped the blending step) and added a little extra soy milk. I also added raisins (my favorite part of carrot cake) and frosting (tofutti cream cheese plus powdered sugar) and made a delicious dessert.

13. FATTOPOTAMUS says:

Yum! Does the nutritional info include the frosting? I <3 your blog.

1. No, as there is no specific amount of frosting listed (and you can frost with whatever recipe you wish).

14. Barb says:

wow, I wish you had posted this yesterday! I just made a full carrot cake because I’ve been craving it for Easter. And now I have a whole lot of carrot cake to eat – your single servings would have been helpful! I’ll have to save this for my next carrot cake craving!

Is there any way to make carrot cake chocolate??

1. I was thinking about it! I’ve never heard of it, but why not? I’m going to try with cocoa powder!! And maybe some chocolate chips…

1. Nathalie says:

I’ve done it. I just added a buttload of cocoa to a regular carrot cake recipe. It ended up tasting like a fusion of chocolate cake, ginger bread and carrot cake. It was awesome. Try it sometime =D

1. Good to know! I definitely will try it!

15. Helen says:

Yes, your WW points are inaccurate, unless you are referring to the old system and not Points Plus. On the current system, based on your nutrition facts, the points are 2 for one cake and 4 for the entire recipe.

1. Thanks for letting me know, Helen! According to another commenter, I WAS using the old system: I googled “how to calculate weight watchers points for a recipe” and found the formula with calories, fiber, and fat. I’m going to edit my post… but can you tell me how you calculate points based on the new system? I don’t know anything about Weight Watchers!

1. Helen says:

You can only calculate it with their proprietary calculator, unfortunately. With the old system you could make a really good guess but not so much anymore. It still uses fat/protein/carbs/fiber but you just plug those values in their calculator. You’d either need to pick up a calculater (like $6) or have a member calculate the values for you.

1. Oh ok thanks! I might have to get a calculator… I don’t understand what Weight Watcher points mean (or how many you’re supposed to have in a day), but a lot of people ask for that info to be included. I think spending $6 is perfectly acceptable if it’ll help people! 🙂

1. Connie says:

Thank you, Katie … having the WW+ points would be extremely helpful!

2. Sarah Peterson says:

They have a sale on the site right now! They’re normally $12, but they’re on sale for $6 right now. 🙂 Here’s the link:

The downside of the calculator is that you’d have to know the carb, fat, fiber, and protein content of your recipes. So, you’d probably have to use a free service online somewhere to calculate the full nutrition info first.

If you can’t view that, let me know… I’m a subscriber, and I LOVE your blog, so I’d totally send you one. 🙂 Also, just for a snapshot of WW–the points you can have in a day are based on your height, age, and gender. So, it’s different for everybody. For example, I’m a 23 year old female who is 5’4″. I get 26 points per day. Points are calculated by carb, fat, fiber, and protein content. Everybody also gets 30-40 extra points per week that they can use whenever, and earn extra points for activity. 🙂

3. Aw Sarah, thank you so much!
            Someone actually left a link with a new formula in a comment below, so I’m going to try that out first.
            Thanks for explaining it to me as well… I always thought everyone got the same amount of points. (See? I told you I had absolutely no clue how it works ;).)

16. This looks divine! I love carrot cake overnight oats or breakfast cookies. 🙂

17. Tricia says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the Weight Watchers points plus info!!!

18. Phoebe says:

This looks amazing!! I think I’ll make it for my weekend brunch – with greek yogurt frosting! :p

The layering is brilliant. How did you do that? 🙂

1. Cut each cake lengthwise with a sharp knife. Then frost the middles and then stick the top back on :).

19. Shelley says:

mmm that looks scrumptious

20. Danielle says:

LOVE carrot cake! My birthday is this week, and when I was a kid, I requested a carrot cake for about 3 years in a row. My mom made the BEST cream cheese frosting. I didn’t even know the stuff came in a can until junior high. Although your version of the frosting sounds pretty delectable, too…