A soft, fluffy, delicious, and single serving carrot cake in a mug – it’s the perfect easy dessert for Easter, or any other day too!
Raise your hand if you like carrot cake.
Jump up and down if you’d like a single-serving carrot cake in a mug that takes less than 5 minutes to make and is so healthy you can eat the entire recipe in one sitting.
Yes, you really can.
Of course you’ll want frosting.
I used the frosting written out in my recipe for Keto Carrot Cake.
Carrot cake and frosting are meant for each other.
It should be no surprise to you that my own carrot-loving heart often desires coconut butter. Slice the cake – or cakes – in half and slather on the frosting.
Oh, um, and you can stop jumping up and down now.
People at work will start to think you’re crazy…
A single serving carrot cake recipe that can be made in your oven or microwave and is secretly good for you – it can’t get much better than that!
Carrot Cake In A Mug
- 1/4 cup spelt, white, or gf all purpose flour (or here's a Keto Mug Cake)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp each: baking soda and salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar (unrefined or xylitol if desired)
- pinch uncut stevia, or 1 additional tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup canned carrots, drained (or steamed carrots, peeled)
- 1 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tbsp oil or almond butter, or additional milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Carrot Mug Cake Recipe: In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients (not carrots). If you have a blender or Magic Bullet, mix all wet ingredients and blend. (For those without a blender, simply fork-mash the carrots very well before combining with the other wet ingredients.) Then mix dry into wet, and stir. Pour into greased ramekins or a little dish or mug. (I used two 1/2-cup ramekins.) If using the microwave, cook for 1 minute 20 seconds (or more or less, depending on the strength of your microwave). Or you can cook this in the oven at 350F for around 15 minutes. Let cool before trying to pop out. Serves 1-2. Frosting recommendations are listed above in this post.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Current Reader Favorites:
Black Bean Brownies – NO Flour Required