Like me on Facebook for updates on delicious recipes!

Healthy Halloween Candy!!

New page! Now, if you click on the recipe page at the top of the blog, you’ll see a Chocolates and Candy category. I figured, “What better time to make a new healthy Halloween candy page than with Halloween right around the corner?”  To see the healthy Halloween candy recipes, simply click on either the photos or the words:

……….German Chocolate Fudge Bites

…………….Birthday Cake Reeses

…………..Mini Cheesecake Bites

Nutella Fudge
…………………..Nutella Fudge

coconut melties
…………………Coconut Melties

What other candy needs a healthy Halloween candy makeover?

Kit Kats, Milky Ways, Snickers bars? I think I need to tackle M&Ms at some point; I just need to figure out that candy shell.

My very next post will also be candy… Here’s a hint.

1. I’ve made that Chocolate PB fudge and it’s AMAZING!

2. Alanna says:

Ooh, I’m guessing we get the Butterfinger recipe tomorrow (starts drooling)… 😀

3. Oh my everything looks so good! I’d be happy to receive any of these treats on Halloween or anytime of the year!!!

4. Amanda says:

KIT KATS!!!!!!

Also – I can’t see your new page of candy recipes… I click on recipes and only see the ones you had prior – “dips” “non desserts” etc

1. Ooh sorry about that. It was the fault of my lovely caching plugin (love/hate that thing). Should be fixed now!

1. Amanda says:

Thank you, Katie!! I see it now! Wooo. *drools* :)

5. Can’t wait for the butterfinger recipe!

I would absolutely die of joy if you remade Kit-Kats. They are my favorite chocolate candy ever!

I didn’t realize how many healthy candies you had already made. Awesome! :)

1. Anonymous says:

Kit Kats are my favorite too!!!! Please make them and now I want to make all of these!!! :)

6. Karen says:

Oh…my…heavens…I think I’m gonna faint…. 😀 <3

7. ava says:

this all looks so wonderful !!! who needs halloween as an excuse to eat all this goodness??

8. Perfect timing for Halloween! I’m hoping to make the pumpkin PB cups for our Chicago blogger bookclub!

9. Emma says:

I was wondering about caramel/candy apples? I don’t have a clue how you’d use stevia to make a shell, but just an idea… :)

1. Alanna says:

Good idea!! She’s made “magic shell” using chocolate or PB with coconut oil, but I think she’s still working on a recipe for vegan caramel. That would be yummy, though!

10. Olivia says:

I’d love to see something related to candy corn! Either tasting like it or simply looking like it 😀

11. Holy cannoli. Drooling on keyboard. I think I need to make those cookie dough truffles ASAP.

12. Justine says:

13. Justine says:

Oh, and Goetze’s Caramel Creams!! Yum:) Can’t wait till your next post!!

14. Jade C says:

Hmmm, methinks you need to make Snickers bars!!

15. Catherine says:

Please redo Violet Crumble…or otherwise known as Dark Chocolate Covered Honeycomb! My absolute fave…and a definite grab from the bulk bin at my local Sprouts.

16. Amy says:

I am going to have to say Twix! They are my favorite!!!!! I have seen numerous homemade Twix recipies out there, but no healthy ones. Yes, a healthy Twix recipe would be fantastic! Who’s with me??????? :)

1. Alanna says:

(raises hand) I love Twix!!

17. Ed says:

The nutella fudge looks sooooo freaking good!

18. Aja says:

I am dying! I want to make all of these things! And then eat them all myself!

19. You just sent my sweet tooth into overdrive!!

20. Those Reeses peanut butter eggs are calling out my name!

21. Lauren says:

I’m confused why the link to the chex mix is included, when it’s not candy? Otherwise, I think I miss snickers and reese’s the most. And regular old Hershey’s with whole almonds. And cookie dough bites, but I bet you could just make your cookie dough truffles smaller.

1. I was thinking along the lines of things you’d get in a Halloween basket… there are those little Chex Mix mini bags. I’d always eat the bagel chips out of the bags and give the rest to my sister :).

22. adorpheus says:

You mentioned candy corn on twitter – I’d love to see that! There is no vegan version of candy corn – to my knowledge, anyways. There are commercially available vegan versions (albeit, not healthy :P) of pretty much every other candy, but not candy corn! It’s so so disappointing for me, since that was my one of favourite halloween candy before I went vegan :(

1. Someone once said Jelly Belly made a vegan version… I haven’t confirmed it, but it’s worth looking into.

I do have a version to post- doesn’t taste like candy corn, but it looks just like it!

1. Lauren says:

Ah, gotcha. I was just a little grossed out when I expected some sort of candy-type chex mix (like puppy chow) and got something savory when I clicked the link, since above it you say that they are candy recipes! My mom used to always give away a more healthy alternative at Halloween along with candy, so she always gave out utz halloween pretzels or some trinkets.

2. adorpheus says:

Jelly Belly doesn’t make that candy corn anymore, but even still, it wasn’t vegan! It had beeswax in it 😛 Alas… But I’m looking forward to your recipe nonetheless!

3. laura says:

Veganize those candy pumpkins! I would love you forever!

1. laura says:

Oops, sorry, meant to make a new reply.

23. I’ll take the cookie dough truffles! =D

24. Bev says:

I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! I would love an Almond Joy recipe! I know they aren’t chocolate but I would LOVE a recipe for Twizzlers and Good & Plenty licorice candies! I miss those so much!

25. I LOVE that you’ve re-made Reese’s Eggs because they are my absolute favorite candy :) I like your M&Ms suggestion – and maybe peanut M&Ms, too?? I was also thinking about Twix, Rolos, and 100 Grand Bars. YUM! I kind of really like candy, haha :)

26. Mara says:

You need to healthyfy a Milky Way!! Mmmmmm…..caramel….

27. Ellie says:

Candy corn!! Oh please please please candy corn!(:

28. Kristen says:

Candy Corn! Please!! btw, new header is so much better!!!

29. shelby thoma says:

my votes:

1. kit kats
    2. take 5s!!!!
    3. flavored tootsie rolls

what about GIANT reeses pieces…?!

30. I’m choosing one of these to make and take to my niece’s daughter’s 5-year-old birthday party this weekend. Now which one would she like? That’s such a hard decision.

31. Jan says:

Take 5!! It’s totally my favourite, so much so that I try not to buy it myself, but someone else always sneaks in a bag and then it’s game over! I’m increasingly gluten-sensitive so I’m not sure how one might achieve a GF pretzel, unfortunately, but I think the salty part of it is the best anyway.

Reaaaally looking forward to the Butterfinger all healthed up! I love those too (too much).

32. carolyn says:

I would LOVE a healthified Twix… those have always been my favorite! And it’d be interesting to have a vegan version of essentially a thin cookie covered in gooey caramel and delectable milk chocolate…
    Please, before I go buy some Twix and eat them.

33. Anonymous says:

Kit Kats please!!! This all looks so good Katie:) if not kit Kats twice are awesome too:)
    Thanks Katie:)

1. Anonymous says:

Twix…. Not twice……..:-/

34. Amanda says:

Please be the butterfingers!!! I’m so tempted by that photo!

35. Eilish says:

Kit kats! Those are my addiction!

36. Laura says:

Oh wait, I just read that last part. 😉
    KIT-KAT or TWIX 😀

37. Justin says:

I like how you categorize your recipes. Seems like each recipe can be categorized in a thousands ways and your site is cool cause you took the time to make the categories function well.

38. J. says:

Katie, I honestly love your website and recipes, and you’ve helped me see food in other ways than black and white, but on the news, they’re saying that peanuts, peanut butter (any kind) cashews, and any kind of candy with peanuts in them have salmonella that is getting alot of children and older people very sick. It doesn’t matter if these products are organic or not, it’s just an unfortunate thing.

Please understand and I know you didn’t know. Anyway, please don’t take this the wrong way. You’re amazing at what you do, but please put what I said into consideration. I love you sweetie.

1. Alanna says:

Yes, you’re very correct about the huge recall right now, but it’s no reason to avoid PB recipes altogether! Just need to be careful to stay up to date and avoid the affected products. From what I saw most of it goes back to Sunland products and Justin PB, but that could change as they find out more info. Definitely subscribe to the FDA recall notification emails — they’re really great for staying on top of these things!

1. Anonymous says:

Well, I see you do have a point, and thanks for showing your opinions to me. I guess I didn’t realized how so many different people would view the recall of peanut butter products in so many different ways.

I guess if people got an entirely different brand of peanut butter other than the one’s listed as recalls, I think it’s entirely up to them to decide if it’s consumable or not, but that’s just my opinion. Thanks for your opinion on that anyway. :)

1. J. says:

That’s my post up above, sorry.

1. Alanna says:

No problem! And thank YOU for mentioning the recall… I’d been meaning to and kept forgetting!

2. J. says:

You’re very welcome and thanks for understanding what I was trying to do for everyone’s health here.

39. Laura M says:

I bet you could get really inventive with something like a Hershey’s Kiss…they have a lot of flavors but I bet you’d come up with something great!

40. megan100779 says:

you neeeeed to do kit cats! and hershey’s cookies and cream bar!

41. Alice says:

So awesome! I will be sharing this with our readers on Regarding Nannies tomorrow! Awesome to have healthy candy options! Can’t wait to try some!

42. Maggy says:

dear Katie,
    I really do not like your current blog header, your old one was better…
    Please please get someone who has experience in website design to design one for you!!

43. Christine says:

Tootsie Rolls!!! I googled the ingredient list today… corn syrup, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, condensed skim milk, whey… etc etc. ew!
    Can’t wait for whatever else you decide to make!

44. Alison says:

I’ve got my eye on that pb&j fudge! So excited for the next recipe! Kit Kats or Reese’s pieces would be awesome to healthify!

45. Cindy says:

We need to start a virtual chant along:
    ‘We want Katie’s picture in the header!’
    ‘We want Katie’s picture in the header!’
    ‘We want Katie’s picture in the header!’
    ‘We want Katie’s picture in the header!’
    ‘We want Katie’s picture in the header!’

46. So many sweet treats! Definitely better than any treats you could buy in a store!

47. Anonymous says:

Vegan Twix, without the 45% DV saturated fat in one bar!

48. Peanut Butter Bunny says:

I love the new tabs! 😀
    Kit Kat!! I’d give everything for a vegan Kit Kat… ToT I’ll be your personal chef!!! Whenever I get around to coming to Texas…

49. Maddy says:

Hi Katie,

I’d like to give some input back. :)

First, I really like how you organized the drop-down thing for the recipes. Now I can click on the single-serving thing anytime I want. :)
    But, I think that for the Chocolate and Candy little bar thing, I’m a bit confused. All of your recipes contain chocolate (well, almost all of them), and I know that you have a lot of candy recipes too. My concern is that if I have a sudden craving (believe me, it happens a lot) for chocolate, I’ll go to the Chocolate and Candy section but get the chocolate recipe that I didn’t want. I would suggest that you make one of those bar things for some of your more popular recipes (Fudge Babies, Cookie dough dip, etc.), that way, if I want the Cookie dough dip, for example, I wouldn’t have to look in some of the other bar thingys. But it’s really up to you, and what I say shouldn’t change what you want for the blog that much.

Next, I’m really excited for the recipe for tomorrow. I’m 99% sure it’s the butterfinger ones, but you know, anything by you is really quite good. :)

And my final thing is your header. I don’t mean to sound harsh in anything that I say, but I think that the pink font kinda looks childish. However, I think that if you put a color behind it, then it would work better. I think that the white clashes with the white for the main part with the posts and stuff. But it all depends whether or not you can do that or not, and if you don’t change it I’ll be fine.

Again, I really don’t mean to sound so harsh. 😛

Maddy. 😀

1. Hi Maddy! Please, never apologize for speaking your mind. Constructive criticism is always appreciated. For the “chocolates and candy” tab, I say “chocolates” as opposed to “chocolate” so it’s more like chocolate candies are included in that category. Trust me, it’s hard to try and categorize recipes… they often fit in so many different places!

And don’t worry; I am definitely still planning on hiring a web designer. I just needed to get something up in the meantime, while I figure out which designer to hire. But yes, I know I am no professional and need help!

1. Maddy says:

Awesome! I’m glad you’re cool with it. :) And the Chocolates and Candy tab makes more sense now. Thanks for clearing it up! 😀 I had a feeling that it was pretty hard to categorize things, and I probably would have figured it out anyways. 😛

Don’t worry about it, you have the best blog with or without the colours! 😀 Don’t feel a need to find one fast… Take your time finding the best one for you! If people like reading your blog and making your recipes, they’ll withstand the ‘Construction’. Don’t worry! :)

Maddy. 😀

50. Emily says:

A healthy Twix would be awesome!!

51. Asia says:

Some off your commenters are complete freaks of nature. Just saying.

52. Christi says:

Hi Katie! I would love it if you could make a healthy, vegan version of yogurt covered pretzels (or raisins, nuts, etc.) I would also like to see a healthy cookies ‘n cream bar, kit kat, and snickers bar version. Thanks for all your awesome recipes!!

1. Maddy says:

If Katie could Veganize that stuff, then she deserves to become a saint. 😀

1. Christi says:

i agree!

53. Nicky T says:

You are an angel!!!!!!!

54. Ellen says:

Sweet!! I have been drooling over that butterfingers. Also, your log is looking mighty awesome! I love the new header and background color. So good. Perfect, even!

55. Deanna says:

I would love to see a healthified Heath bar/ toffee bar recipe. What’s better than toffee and chocolate?

56. Amanda :) says:

I really like the lavender borders!!! So professional and classy! And I love the idea of vegan Halloween candy. If possible, could you think of maybe doing a copy cat Snickers or Three Musketeers?

57. anonymous says:

Wow these all look awesome! I recently discovered your blog and I want to say that I LOVE IT! I have only made about four of your recipes but they have all turned out very well. I think that next up is the Cookie Dough Truffles or maybe something for after dinner tonight. I might make a fantastic single serve dessert. I think that you are an amazing person!!

58. YOur FRiend the BAker says:

If you make twix or almond joys, I will be happier than a bird with a french fry (I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase ;))

59. Amber says:

Looks like I will be making some candy this weekend! I know this isn’t the question but I must ask…sometime this fall can you try to come up with a recipe for an apple cinnamon oatmeal? If you have already and I am missing it on your site, I’m sorry! I finally gave up my chocolate oatmeal for the pumpkin pie oatmeal last week in honor of fall. Since eating healthier I have given up my instant apple cinnamon oatmeal and miss it once in a while. I may be experimenting this weekend anyway with baked and dried apple and see how it turns out!

1. I can put it on my list, and if not this year I will get to it next year!! :)

2. Alanna says:

I wonder if adding some unsweetened chunky applesauce would work? Not sure if the extra liquid would mess up the oatmeal texture (maybe cook in less liquid to offset), but it apple cinnamon oatmeal sure sounds yummy!

1. Amber says:

Thanks, that’s an idea! I was thinking chopping up an apple while it was cooking, maybe a little of both would be good!

1. Alanna says:

Ooh, and maybe even cook in apple juice?? I think I’ve seen you can use juice as your liquid when doing the baked oatmeal, so it seems like it should work!

60. Allison says:

And I like the Twix idea!
    Katie, you are the best. I love you!

61. Courtney says:

Twix or Heath Bar or Almond Joy/Mounds!

I’m so excited for your butterfinger recipe….like I’ve been checking your blog obsessively ever since you posted that picture.

Right now I’m trying to decide what I should make this weekend….peanut butter eggs, nutella fudge, coconut melties? So many choices.

62. cathy says:

CANDY CORN?????? 😉

63. poonam says:

Fantastic!!!the chocolate fudge looks amazing with peanuts.. u made with so creative designs which simply attract to eat..looking forward for the recipe of all .
    Great post.

64. Steve says:

Great ideas for Halloween!

Speaking of the upcoming holidays, I found this recipe contest in a newsletter I subscribe to.
    Definitely worth a look – apparently the top three entrants get prizes!

65. Lin says:

Can I sub honey for agave nectar in your recipes?

1. Alanna says:

Should work in most recipes (it’s listed as an option with the “betterfingers” one)… only reason Katie doesn’t always list it is that honey’s not ok for strict vegans. Only other consideration I would think is whether the honey flavor would affect your recipe. :)

66. Heidi says:

I vote for a Snickers CCK makeover! Yum! Love your blog! Thank you for your work on healthy desserts! What a treat!

67. Michele says:

Girl! LOVING the new categories, so much easier. Just went to find an ice cream flavor and it’s much quicker. Thanks! Keep it up :-)

68. Umm… How bout all of the above? Lol! I’m a sucker for candy. Especially candy with chocolate in it. A remake of 3 Musketeers would be awesome as well. And maybe even Cow Tales. Oh, yes please do Cow Tales!

69. HealthFoodJunkie says:

I would DIE if you healthified Paydays!!! You would be even more beloved than you already are! But, you are awesome as is. . .absolutely love all of your other candy recipes!

70. What a wonderful site Katie. We came across your site while searching for healthy Halloween Candy. How about coming up with some great healthy desserts with Ceylon Cinnamon? It combines amazing health properties with a sweeter taste and a more complex flavor. I am sure you know that Ceylon Cinnamon is the number one choice of diabetics for blood sugar control. It’s also an anti-oxidant king and used for a huge variety of health issues.

Christmas is coming. Winter is here. Nothing better than warm cozy Cinnamon to give you a quick pick me up, warm the body and nourish the soul.

We will send you free Ceylon Cinnamon if you come up with some interesting healthy desserts with Ceylon Cinnamon. Just email us what you need.

71. amy says:

I am going to put a vote in for a healthy Twix.

72. Linda says:

I challenge you to work on my favorite: Baby Ruth.

73. Ceylon Cinnamon says:

Great concept Katie! There can’t be anything better than healthy Halloween candy. Moreover, if we are already talking about healthy stuff, then why not add few pinch of Ceylon Cinnamon!

Needless to say, Ceylon cinnamon is a highly sought after spice known for its immense health benefits, such as relief from arthritis, balancing blood sugar levels, and lowering ‘bad’ cholesterol. It is a super ingredient that offers super antioxidants and regulates metabolism, which is good for weight loss.

Anything as healthy as Ceylon cinnamon, provided straight from Ceylon should be a quick pick. We can provide you with as much Ceylon Cinnamon as you require while making your healthy Halloween candy all the more healthy. Drop us an email and we will get back to you in no time!