Healthy Halloween Candy!!

New page! Now, if you click on the recipe page at the top of the blog, you’ll see a Chocolates and Candy category. I figured, “What better time to make a new healthy Halloween candy page than with Halloween right around the corner?”  To see the healthy Halloween candy recipes, simply click on either the photos or the words:

german-chocolate-truffles

mini-cheesecakes_thumb
…………..Mini Cheesecake Bites

Nutella Fudge
…………………..Nutella Fudge

coconut melties
…………………Coconut Melties

What other candy needs a healthy Halloween candy makeover?

Kit Kats, Milky Ways, Snickers bars? I think I need to tackle M&Ms at some point; I just need to figure out that candy shell.

My very next post will also be candy… Here’s a hint.

1. Alanna says:

Ooh, I’m guessing we get the Butterfinger recipe tomorrow (starts drooling)… 😀

2. Can’t wait for the butterfinger recipe!

I would absolutely die of joy if you remade Kit-Kats. They are my favorite chocolate candy ever!

I didn’t realize how many healthy candies you had already made. Awesome! 🙂

1. Anonymous says:

Kit Kats are my favorite too!!!! Please make them and now I want to make all of these!!! 🙂

3. Karen says:

Oh…my…heavens…I think I’m gonna faint…. 😀 <3

4. ava says:

this all looks so wonderful !!! who needs halloween as an excuse to eat all this goodness??

5. Perfect timing for Halloween! I’m hoping to make the pumpkin PB cups for our Chicago blogger bookclub!

6. Emma says:

I was wondering about caramel/candy apples? I don’t have a clue how you’d use stevia to make a shell, but just an idea… 🙂

1. Alanna says:

Good idea!! She’s made “magic shell” using chocolate or PB with coconut oil, but I think she’s still working on a recipe for vegan caramel. That would be yummy, though!

7. Olivia says:

I’d love to see something related to candy corn! Either tasting like it or simply looking like it 😀

1. Wish granted!! Coming soon 🙂

8. Holy cannoli. Drooling on keyboard. I think I need to make those cookie dough truffles ASAP.

9. Justine says:

Snickers!!

10. Justine says:

Oh, and Goetze’s Caramel Creams!! Yum:) Can’t wait till your next post!!

11. Jade C says:

Hmmm, methinks you need to make Snickers bars!!

12. Amy says:

I am going to have to say Twix! They are my favorite!!!!! I have seen numerous homemade Twix recipies out there, but no healthy ones. Yes, a healthy Twix recipe would be fantastic! Who’s with me??????? 🙂

1. Alanna says:

(raises hand) I love Twix!!

13. Ed says:

The nutella fudge looks sooooo freaking good!

14. Aja says:

I am dying! I want to make all of these things! And then eat them all myself!

15. You just sent my sweet tooth into overdrive!!

16. Those Reeses peanut butter eggs are calling out my name!

17. Lauren says:

I’m confused why the link to the chex mix is included, when it’s not candy? Otherwise, I think I miss snickers and reese’s the most. And regular old Hershey’s with whole almonds. And cookie dough bites, but I bet you could just make your cookie dough truffles smaller.

1. I was thinking along the lines of things you’d get in a Halloween basket… there are those little Chex Mix mini bags. I’d always eat the bagel chips out of the bags and give the rest to my sister :).

18. adorpheus says:

You mentioned candy corn on twitter – I’d love to see that! There is no vegan version of candy corn – to my knowledge, anyways. There are commercially available vegan versions (albeit, not healthy :P) of pretty much every other candy, but not candy corn! It’s so so disappointing for me, since that was my one of favourite halloween candy before I went vegan 🙁

1. Someone once said Jelly Belly made a vegan version… I haven’t confirmed it, but it’s worth looking into.

I do have a version to post- doesn’t taste like candy corn, but it looks just like it!

1. Lauren says:

Ah, gotcha. I was just a little grossed out when I expected some sort of candy-type chex mix (like puppy chow) and got something savory when I clicked the link, since above it you say that they are candy recipes! My mom used to always give away a more healthy alternative at Halloween along with candy, so she always gave out utz halloween pretzels or some trinkets.

2. adorpheus says:

Jelly Belly doesn’t make that candy corn anymore, but even still, it wasn’t vegan! It had beeswax in it 😛 Alas… But I’m looking forward to your recipe nonetheless!

3. laura says:

Veganize those candy pumpkins! I would love you forever!

1. laura says:

Oops, sorry, meant to make a new reply.

19. I’ll take the cookie dough truffles! =D

20. Bev says:

I can’t wait to try some of these recipes! I would love an Almond Joy recipe! I know they aren’t chocolate but I would LOVE a recipe for Twizzlers and Good & Plenty licorice candies! I miss those so much!

Bev