These sinfully healthy brownie batter chocolate overnight oats combine the two best meals of the day, for one unforgettably delicious and filling breakfast treat!
One of my most popular posts of the year so far has surprisingly been my post on overnight oats.
Seeing such high demand for those recipes, I knew I wanted to offer even more options for overnight oatmeal, especially since the original post did not include any chocolate overnight oats recipes! This also gave me an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, which is one of my favorite things to do.
So no complaints there.
You Might Also Like: Black Bean Brownies – NO Flour Required
Since I had all the ingredients out anyway, I also made some of my favorite Chocolate No Bake Cookies.
Oh hi, chocolate oatmeal breakfast in a jar.
Does anyone else see the chocolate chip face???
Just like with the original overnight-oats post, these brownie batter chocolate overnight oats can be made in just a few simple steps:
Layer the ingredients into a mason jar or lidded container, screw the lid on tightly, shake very well, and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, unscrew the lid and enjoy.
You can also heat before eating, either in the microwave or by transferring to a pot or a bowl. But I like eating these chocolate overnight oats cold, especially as the weather gets warmer.
(Or maybe this is just me dreaming… yesterday it was 28 degrees outside. If ever there were a reason to use the acronym smh—which I had to google to discover means “shaking my head” or “so much hate”—this would be it.)
Above, I made a video of the process, to show how easy it is to make the recipe.
You can actually make the entire thing in less time than it takes to watch this 25-second video.
Talk about fast food!
Feel free to customize your chocolate overnight oats by adding chia seeds, peanut butter, sliced banana, or shredded coconut.
And be sure to tag me on social media if you make them, so I can see and like your photos!
Adapted from Overnight Oats – 15 NEW Recipes
Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds, optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, such as coconutmilk yogurt
- 1 tbsp nut butter or melted coconut oil, optional for richer flavor
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2-4 tsp chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
- sweetener of choice, to taste
- Stir together the first three ingredients (and chia, if using) in a mason jar or lidded container. Top with the remaining ingredients, then seal the lid tightly. Shake to evenly combine all ingredients. Transfer to the fridge, and let sit overnight. The next day, simply take off the lid and breakfast is ready! (If you’d prefer, you can also heat it up at this time.) Sweeten as desired, either before or after letting it sit.View Nutrition Facts
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @chocolatecoveredkatie on Instagram
Currently Trending Recipes:
Banana Ice Cream – TEN Different Ways!